Week 4 Gameday Thread : New England Patriots Vs. Oakland Raiders

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
76 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
59 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who You Got?
Patriots 17 32.69%
Raiders 35 67.31%
Voters: 52. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #81
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,599 | Props total: 908 908
 theFREAK said:
Bruschi Picks The Raiders To Win On Sunday

6 years ago '07        #82
theFREAK 3682 heat pts3682 OP
space
space
$53,683 | Props total: 38504 38504
HUFF MISSES PRACTICE

Free safety Michael Huff was in uniform at practice, but he did not participate, according to Jackson.

Huff was running around during the early part of practice. However, he apparently wasn’t able to participate in full-team drills.

“I’m not going to say it’s a bad sign,” Jackson said. “Obviously, we’re being overly cautious. We have to make sure that he is where he needs to be. We have to put healthy players out there.”

Huff suffered a concussion against the Jets on Sunday and missed most of the game. He passed the mandatory tests for players who suffer a concussion and practiced Wednesday in a limited capacity.

Huff was not available for comment in the locker room during media access.

MITCHELL ON THE MEND

Backup safety Mike Mitchell danced around whether he will play Sunday. Ultimately, Mitchell conceded that he is ready to play and is at the mercy of the trainers and coaches as to whether he will be allowed to go this Sunday.

If Mitchell plays for the first time this season, it’s a strong bet that he will be lined up against Rob Gronkowski or Aaron Hernandez.

“He’s very important,” Mitchell said. “Just the fact that he can be back out there playing is great if we need him. He’s a good football player, one of the star players on our team. He brings a lot of energy so if he’s able to go we’re going to stick him out there, that’s for sure.”

FORD READY TO ROLL

Wide receiver/kick returner Jacoby Ford said his injured hamstring is feeling much better and that he is ready to play in a game for the first time since Sept. 12.

“I’ll be on the field,” Ford said. “I definitely will be playing. I don’t know how much, don’t know when. Whenever they want me in there, then I’m going to go.”

Ford fielded kicks Thursday, which means there’s a chance he will take over the job held by Nick Miller and Taiwan Jones, respectively, the past two games.

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #83
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
Ford back. Mitchell back.
 6 years ago '07        #84
space
space
The amount of people who have voted for the Raiders got me like
 6 years ago '07        #85
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
 6 years ago '09        #86
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$48,997 | Props total: 22291 22291
I'm here now. LET'S fu*kING GET ITTTTTT #teambrady
 6 years ago '06        #87
Stackz 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,751 | Props total: 557 557
We were saving mitchell for this game he is going to k!ll someone.
 6 years ago '06        #88
Stackz 7 heat pts
space
space
 keithbm1111 said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[

smileys...now

preferably the last one x 100

:hay:

6 years ago '05        #89
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
 Stackz said:
We were saving mitchell for this game he is going to k!ll someone.

Mitchell got that Welker scent. He's been waiting four weeks to play and he knows that Welker is just going to hit the middle for 5-10 yard slants, ins, hitch routes. He's going to be waiting on that sh*t and make Welker regret it.

6 years ago '10        #90
Trill Livin 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,410 | Props total: 6242 6242
word on murphy?
 6 years ago '06        #91
Stackz 7 heat pts
space
space
 I'm The Dan said:

Mitchell got that Welker scent. He's been waiting four weeks to play and he knows that Welker is just going to hit the middle for 5-10 yard slants, ins, hitch routes. He's going to be waiting on that sh*t and make Welker regret it.

OH SHIIIIIITTT!

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #92
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
By the way, I've seen like two and a half Patriot fans on here. I could swear there were more of you. We had to call the Jets' fans out a bit before they came out of nowhere as well.

Where you hiding at Pats fans? You guys Bills fans now?
 09-30-2011, 09:53 AM         #93
Haze_Reloaded 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k that sh*t. Let's go pats. CRUSH these motherfu*kers. This aint 2001. The pats were chosen by the nfl to be great and will be again sunday.

Let's go pats
 6 years ago '07        #94
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
 I'm The Dan said:

6 years ago '07        #95
space
space
 yaboyantonio said:
word on murphy?
Wont play. Hes out until next week at the minimum.

Last edited by theFREAK; 09-30-2011 at 12:41 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #97
space
space
Huff, Shaughnessy, Reece, Chris Johnson & Murphy all aren't at practice today and all won't play or will either be game time decisions.

Murphy we all know won't play but the possibility of not having Huff or Chris Johnson against Tom Brady & the New England Patriots is never a good thing.

6 years ago '07        #98
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Patriots coach Bill Belichick took a trip down Memory Lane on Friday, reflecting on his interview for the Raiders' head coaching job after the 1998 season. He described the experience as unlike any other because of owner Al Davis.

Belichick relayed the story of how he told Davis it seemed like a waste of time, mainly because Belichick figured he'd hire an offensive coach.

On Friday, Belichick was just getting started there.

"It’s a parade of offensive coaches out there. He’s really a defensive coordinator and has been," Belichick said of Davis. "You know, it was good because we talked a lot about football and he’s very, very knowledgeable about the game, personnel, schemes, adjustments and so forth. He was asking a lot of questions about what we did defensively. You kind of don’t want to give too much information there because you know, he’s running the defense. He wasn’t really too interested in talking about offensive football – a little bit.

"He’s a great mind. It was unlike any other interview I’ve ever had with an owner because he was so in-depth, his interview was so in-depth really about football, about Xs and Os and strategy and use of personnel and acquisition of – all the things really that a coach would talk about, that’s really what he talked about. That made it pretty unique. ...

"It was a great experience for me to have those couple days of conversations with him and also some other members of his organization relative, again, to the overall way of doing things."

Belichick was then asked about the mark Davis left on him as defensive mind from his teams in the 1960s and 1970s.

"You look at the same thing today, there’s not a lot of difference. Like I said, he’s really run the defense and to a large extent the kicking game out there for the ‘60s, ‘70s, 80’s, 90’s – 40 years, maybe more than that, I don’t know," Belichick responded. "They have their style of play, they have their way of doing things. As much as you can say this is a copycat league and things like that, you can’t really say that about them because they’ve done the same thing now for decades defensively and to a certain extent, offensively."

Davis ended up hiring Jon Gruden after the Belichick interview in 1998.
 6 years ago '10        #99
SoulOnIce 67 heat pts67
space
space
space
$13,767 | Props total: 954 954
The article that Keith posted shows that Al Davis still runs the Raiders defense.

All Man to Man defense.
 6 years ago '07        #100
space
space
 SoulOnIce said:
The article that Keith posted shows that Al Davis still runs the Raiders defense.

All Man to Man defense.
It really took Keith for you to realize that Fred?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
153 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
66 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy