"Drive" is the movie of the year, does anyone disagree with this?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - America Today, In Cartoons...
13 comments
@news
most viewed right now
LIVENATION cancels Jeremih from the rest of his touring...
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Punches Kangaroo To Save Dog
62 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Would you bang this chick?
30 comments
@misc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #41
Agentzer0oo0 199 heat pts199
space
space
$65,280 | Props total: 10427 10427
 PLAYERIZM said:
my top 3 this year so far goes

1. Drive
2. Source Code
3. Lincoln Lawyer
Limitless is also an underrated flick. Not calling it top 3 but it's a pretty good movie.
 5 years ago '09        #42
DJ Idol 18 heat pts18
space
space
$3,827 | Props total: 595 595
The only movie I can see topping drive this year is maybe The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo...other than that, nope. And I have no idea why people are calling this 'artsy'? What was 'artsy' about it?
 5 years ago '07        #43
whowantit 31 heat pts31
space
space
$3,374 | Props total: 1646 1646
Lincoln Lawyer was better imo.
 5 years ago '06        #44
Bama Boy 83 heat pts83
space
space
$53,040 | Props total: 1415 1415
I actually enjoyed the movie but all the fu*kin overhype its gettin here is damn near making me dislike the sh*t. it was a good movie, dudes gotta stop frontin like this is sh*t was some masterpiece. it wasnt.
 5 years ago '04        #45
Dollaz 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,759 | Props total: 50 50
 GrokLP said:
Movie is over hyped to me, was really excited to see it after all i'd heard but i left the theatre feeling ambivalent, and after thinking about it more I've come to the conclusion i just didn't like it even though i wanted to.

While i did enjoy the cinematography for the most part, and thought gosling was good, I didn't understand the music selection at all, extremely incongruous with the rest of the movie to me and seemed an obvious attempt to give the film a more unique feel...

Also felt the lack of dialogue actually hurt the movie more than helped it as well, I can see they were going for realism the awkward silent scenes, but to me they failed and i couldn't tell if it was supposed to be comical or not, and half the theatre laughed while the rest didn't, so i don't think i was alone in feeling this way.

Definitely not alone fam...I too was hyped to see this based on the great reviews centered on the character development, sadly this movie did not display a deep character base for the characters at all. It had an independent feel but the story did not dig deep as some reviews suggested. Just because the pace was slow and drawn out and the main characters' attitude was somewhat indifferent, that does not give the story great Depth. Acting was average & ron perman was good but this movie is FAR from a classic in MY OPINION. but to each its own
 5 years ago '05        #46
DaOmega_1 255 heat pts255
space
space
$12,701 | Props total: 262 262
 PLAYERIZM said:

1. Drive
2. Source Code
3. Lincoln Lawyer
My top five would look like this...

5). Rise of the Planet of the Apes
4). 50/50
3). Attack The Block
2). Hanna
1). Drive

Tree of Life ain't on this list, because it's really more than just a "movie". It's so much more than that.
 5 years ago '07        #47
young moolah 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,197 | Props total: 137 137
which is better drive or tree of life? i haven't watched drive but it's hard for me to think it's going to be better than tree of life.
 5 years ago '05        #48
space
space
 young moolah said:
which is better drive or tree of life? i haven't watched drive but it's hard for me to think it's going to be better than tree of life.
Define "better"...

I think Tree of Life is a work of art that belongs in a museum... It's beautiful.

Drive is a slightly more mainstream work.

Honestly, I don't want to compare the two because Tree of Life is more than just a movie, to me.
 5 years ago '05        #49
space
space
 Birdman's Back said:
I actually enjoyed the movie but all the fu*kin overhype its gettin here is damn near making me dislike the sh*t. it was a good movie, dudes gotta stop frontin like this is sh*t was some masterpiece. it wasnt.
TO YOU, it wasn't... How is it fronting when its OUR opinion? Sh*t man, why can't people have their own f*cking opinions if they don't align with yours? Geez....

Also, HYPE does not define how you view a movie. There's been plenty of movies that had incredible reviews, but I still don't let them affect or inflate how I view the movie itself. Your critiquing the hype, and not the film. They're not the same thing.
 09-27-2011, 07:59 AM         #50
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GrokLP said:
Movie is over hyped to me, was really excited to see it after all i'd heard but i left the theatre feeling ambivalent, and after thinking about it more I've come to the conclusion i just didn't like it even though i wanted to.

While i did enjoy the cinematography for the most part, and thought gosling was good, I didn't understand the music selection at all, extremely incongruous with the rest of the movie to me and seemed an obvious attempt to give the film a more unique feel...

Also felt the lack of dialogue actually hurt the movie more than helped it as well, I can see they were going for realism the awkward silent scenes, but to me they failed and i couldn't tell if it was supposed to be comical or not, and half the theatre laughed while the rest didn't, so i don't think i was alone in feeling this way.
my feelings are identical to this
 5 years ago '07        #51
TH35 92 heat pts92
space
space
$76,581 | Props total: 6374 6374
 DaOmega_1 said:
My top five would look like this...

5). Rise of the Planet of the Apes
4). 50/50
3). Attack The Block
2). Hanna
1). Drive

Tree of Life ain't on this list, because it's really more than just a "movie". It's so much more than that.
Compare that to a top five list from the last several years at this point and I'm sure those would be better than this.

rashad0715 said:
There's been other great films this year including Drive. All are not necessarily mainstream films either.
Yea, I was just considering mainstream.
 5 years ago '05        #52
Redplayboy313 23 heat pts23
space
space
$2,953 | Props total: 1 1
 PLAYERIZM said:

1. Drive
2. Source Code
3. Lincoln Lawyer

------------------

nice list mine are
1. drive (I have been obsessing over 80s culture so this was pretty cool to watch )
2. adjustment bureau

i really cant wait to see how the movie in time turned out.
 09-27-2011, 09:20 AM         #53
Sid 6point7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Drive is by far the best movie I've seen so far this year. If you could read the emotions and relate to them in the first half of the movie then maybe you wouldn't think it was stupid.

...and people saying "he just kept staring off into space" are hilarious. He's just a quiet, keeps to himself, loner type dude. People like that really exist you know... the soft spoken, actions speak louder than words type.

I like the list of this, Source Code, and Lincoln Lawyer for my Top 3 as well.
 09-27-2011, 09:33 AM         #54
phillyCANNON 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
More of y'all need to see MELANCHOLIA. sh*t was fu*king beautiful. That ending >
 5 years ago '07        #55
TH35 92 heat pts92
space
space
 phillyCANNON said:
More of y'all need to see MELANCHOLIA. sh*t was fu*king beautiful. That ending >
Burnt it, I'll watch it sometime soon. Hopefully its better than Anti-Christ that film was
 5 years ago '07        #56
TH35 92 heat pts92
space
space
 Sid 6point7 said:
Drive is by far the best movie I've seen so far this year. If you could read the emotions and relate to them in the first half of the movie then maybe you wouldn't think it was stupid.

...and people saying "he just kept staring off into space" are hilarious. He's just a quiet, keeps to himself, loner type dude. People like that really exist you know... the soft spoken, actions speak louder than words type.

I like the list of this, Source Code, and Lincoln Lawyer for my Top 3 as well.
That's why I thought the first half >>>

From his demeanor in the first half, you knew he was capable of doing all that.

I'd stick w/ a 9/10 .. 4.5/5
 5 years ago '07        #57
young moolah 5 heat pts
space
space
 phillyCANNON said:
that movie looks pretty good.
 5 years ago '07        #58
young moolah 5 heat pts
space
space
 phillyCANNON said:
For me, it's a toss up between DRIVE, MELANCHOLIA or TREE OF LIFE.
how would u rank those three?
 5 years ago '05        #59
space
space
 TH35 said:
Burnt it, I'll watch it sometime soon. Hopefully its better than Anti-Christ that film was
Yeah... Anti-Christ was f*cking stupid...

But, then again, I'm NOTORIOUS amongst my friends for my absolute disgust and hatred for all things Lars Von Trier. I will say Melancholia looks better than "Anti-Christ", but again... Lars Von Trier's films just ain't for me, and every film of his that I see just pushes him deeper and deeper into my sh*t list.
 5 years ago '04        #60
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,552 | Props total: 656 656
I enjoyed it. The 80ís style soundtrack and Ryan Goslingís cool character portrayal really made this film great to watch. His character reminded me of Cobra, Rambo or even Commando. Where the main protagonist really didn't have to say much in order to get their point across.

And I could see how people claim this is too artsy fartsy. But I felt like there were plenty of k!lls and more blood than I would of expected from this type of film to satisfy even the most ADD prone action film fan. It is one of the best action movies of the past decade and definitely 2011ís best film overall.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
144 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
54 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
130 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Short niggas take a L. What else is new?
132 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you could have a threesome with 2...who would u pick?
113 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Las Vegas math teacher - smash or pass
103 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Woman makes husband lose it after convincing him she's adopted wild co..
94 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Guardians of The Galaxy trailer #2
80 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy