Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
104 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
54 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-26-2011, 01:03 PM         #101
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #102
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,380 | Props total: 4660 4660
WTF is acting black mean? Really?

Growing up where i'm from you weren't black if you liked math, were good at science, got good grades, didn't play basketball well, knew how to swim, and talked proper. fu*k that sh*t.

It's cool to identify with a culture but some yall are latched on to this invented image of what it means to be black. I think it's because we weren't showed/know our history.

And then we tend to interchangeably mix nationality, with ethnicity, race, and religion. It's like when people say oh so and so is half black half Colombian...im like wtf. That's like saying my dog is half brown half german shepherd.

Americans are obsessed with race.

I used to get upset about obviously black latinos denying their "blackness" but at the same time i understand. If you grow up in, for instance, Dominican Republic one's blackness is downplayed. The "one drop" rule is an American thing. Dominicans don't subscribe to that sh*t lol. And not all Dominicans are black. Although many obviously are of African descent.

African genes may be genetically dominant but socially being of African descent doesn't necessarily make you 'dominant' in any way. That's why you find it downplayed in certain countries.

It was said that in places like Mexico and Brazil were there were large black populations intermarriage was encouraged to erase/whiten the African presence. In the US you didn't have that.

If you asked Denzel Washington "what are you?" would he say "black" or "American"? What would George Lopez say?
 6 years ago '06        #103
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
I didn't know "white" was a feeling, all along I thought it was a color. Either way, the average hip hop fan is such a backward thinking simpleton that they will actually take this sh*t seriously.
 6 years ago '04        #104
Tic Toc 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,175 | Props total: 891 891
@ heeb magazine.....that cant be correct
 6 years ago '05        #105
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
$10,312 | Props total: 868 868
 6 years ago '04        #106
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,773 | Props total: 1097 1097
 Ant McQueen said:
A lot of Hispanic have t0o much pride to admit that, LOL. I know this Dominican girl who refuses to acknowledge the fact that she's black. I try to tell her all of the time.. " a bunch of Dominicans and Cubans are nothing but black people that speak Spanish. " She's always saying, " No, noooo.. we're not Black.. We're Dominican. "
Black = race
Dominican = nationality

Even though race is man made but that's another discussion.

You need to school ol' girl some more.
 6 years ago '04        #107
The S-Word 
space
space
$3,679 | Props total: 1300 1300
 NvrCMyNut said:
Don't even go there.

Even mezito latinos with no black linage are closer to Africans culturally than you are, do not patronize n*ggas talking about ''black linage.'' Not everything is black OR white with us, that is a dichotomy created here in the United States largely because of the lack of intermarriage which was illegal unlike in most of Latin America. Latinos being in denial about miscegenation is the farthest thing from the truth, its the opposite...Which is why this thread exists in the first place, J cole being mixed would be a non issue in my country of orgin.

The common issue with yours and many other African Americans Afrocentric thought process is that you do not take into consideration the culture(s) of the people you are commenting on and using your own confined experience as a universal measuring tool to identify them.
...No, don't you 'even go there.'

No one is in this thread trying to 'patronize n*ggas' about 'black lineage,' nor does this have anything to do with 'Afrocentric thought,' two things you were aware of before you typed that bullsh!t. The fact that you tried (And failed) to liken a bunch of self-hating, denial-ridden Hispanics to Afrocentric thought made you look like the exact same self-hating Hispanics you're trying to say don't exist. I've talked to several Hispanics about this issue, and one in particular, a Puerto-Rican Spanish professor who came to the U.S. after completing college, said the opposite of what you're saying about Hispanics 'being in denial about miscegenation.' She said that she is mixed (Mom is white, Dad is black), and that her maternal grandmother didn't want her mother to date her father for no other reason than his being black (Sound familiar?).

She also said that, just like in the U.S., the white (Or, in PR's case, white-looking) Puerto Ricans are the ones who generally occupy top-and-high-level positions in society, and are, unsurprisingly, usually the one that are seen in/on Puerto Rican vacation promotional materials like brochures, commercials, etc. Not to mention her giving all kinds of Hispanics much-needed reality checks, telling them that they're not white when they pretend to be because they have some white ancestry, an obvious inversion of America's 'One-Drop Rule.'

In regards to Dominicans, Trujillo's leadership and reputation as 'The Dominican Hitler ()' among some makes it clear why many of them still believe this and hate anything to do with black people, but really neither they nor any other Hispanics with obvious African ancestry have any excuse for trying to deny it; not only are their cultures infused with African influences, but the fact remains that no matter how much they think they're white, society will always dictate otherwise. And like I always say, the fu*k ya'll think, the black slaves came to the island and disappeared? Everybody was fu--My bad, 'mixing' back then, and still are

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

"...Everybody talks sh!t about race...Everybody wants to leave Africa out...Puerto Ricans (are like) "I'm Spanish!" I say 'What did you say, n*gga?' You speak Spanish (and you) have Spanish blood because of slavery, but you are a n*gga...Puerto Ricans, Cubans, Dominicans, I just thought they were n*ggas that could swim"
--Paul Mooney

Last edited by The S-Word; 09-26-2011 at 06:55 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #108
Shadychicano 
space
space
$685 | Props total: 1 1
Hes a white boy...Benzino
 6 years ago '04        #109
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,667 | Props total: 5356 5356
 Nu Tymez said:
SMH... People do realize genetically there are only 3 "Races"... technically its only one race "human race", but for the sake of argument.. 3 races.. Caucasoid, mongoloid, and negroid... Everyone else is a variation of those 3... I just hate when some Latinos deny their obvious African lineage... Its a fact.. Caribbean, South American, and Central American Latinos are descendants of Africans that the Spanish slaveholders took to those areas, they intermixed with those Spanish Slaveholders and the Natives of the area.. Black Americans are descendants of African slaves the English brought to the American mainland.. Thats the only difference...
No you're wrong as fukk , Black americans , arent descendants of African slaves .. Thats a lie that needs to stop being perpetuated ... And its not a fact that they are form african slaves . They are descendants of Hebrews/ Israelites .. This is an ignorant post ..
 6 years ago '04        #110
The S-Word 
space
space
$3,679 | Props total: 1300 1300
 NvrCMyNut said:
I just want to say that of the estimated 12 million african slaves, 10.5 went to what is now known as Latin America , what you believe to be the penultimate ultimate black experience is all a lie. Theres a reason why post apartheid the black South African party ANC has a re-defined census more similar to the Dominican Republics than United Sates.
...And who established said lie? It wasn't us (Blacks in America)--You Hispanics, the whites most of you so desperately want to be, and others all around the world have been gravitating towards (and emulating, of course) everything blacks in America say, do, sing & rap for decades now. In other words, Blacks in America have never said that their experience(s) is/are 'the penulitmate black experience--Everyone else did, so what was your point again...?
 09-26-2011, 10:27 PM         #111
Vealservedchill 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RaIVIpAG3x said:
so saying the word n*gga means you're trying to be black

im proud to be dominican, and ima keep saying n*gga.

stop being so ignorant
If you are dominican you are a part of the african diaspora which makes you Black. Im American...and im also black. so keep saying n*gga all you want just know it makes you look ignorant to say ima keep sayin n*gga like thats some prideful sh*t.. anyway its your word to use you are a n*gga displaced on an island.
 09-26-2011, 10:29 PM         #112
Vealservedchill 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The S-Word said:
...And who established said lie? It wasn't us (Blacks in America)--You Hispanics, the whites most of you so desperately want to be, and others all around the world have been gravitating towards (and emulating, of course) everything blacks in America say, do, sing & rap for decades now. In other words, Blacks in America have never said that their experience(s) is/are 'the penulitmate black experience--Everyone else did, so what was your point again...?
preach! I love this site its more educated brothas than dummies on here.
 6 years ago '04        #113
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,667 | Props total: 5356 5356
 The S-Word said:

Thats that ETHER ..
 6 years ago '04        #114
NuttinNyce 
space
space
$3,493 | Props total: 34 34
 The S-Word said:
...Actually, that's not entirely true:
Freakin Wikipedia. Never gets the story right on multiple pages. Ty for making that extra click and correcting my information.
 6 years ago '04        #115
NuttinNyce 
space
space
$3,493 | Props total: 34 34
 NvrCMyNut said:
Because he's actually black. Not everyone has to put on a display ''recognizing'' their black side because its a given, it goes without saying, its in the music, the food, religious practices etc. As far as some of the Dominicans who deny having any African dna in them, those are unfortunate ignorant souls like the African Americans who think that b!tch look better red...but wait there is no such colorism among African Americans too right? Not as much?

Many people who are multiracial simply want to be accepted for what they are instead of being told to chose or more accurately not being allowed. It's a fact that the US government still doesn't officially recognize racial ambiguity as a possibility but you seem to swear by your system being better than ours?

I just want to say that of the estimated 12 million african slaves, 10.5 went to what is now known as Latin America , what you believe to be the penultimate ultimate black experience is all a lie. Theres a reason why post apartheid the black South African party ANC has a re-defined census more similar to the Dominican Republics than United Sates.
Colorism has been an issue since the slavemaster let the "lightbrights" work in the house and made the "darkies" work in the field. We been tryna pass to gain acceptance since the white man got too happy with the help and the first pail slave bastard child was born. It is a shame but we make no secret of it because light skinned brothers been coming back in style since New Jack City.

I'm not telling anybody to overly embrace every part of their genetic make up. I'm simply saying don't insult my intelligence by telling me that my eyes are playing tricks on me when I see your black features. When people ask me what I am I say black. If they ask if I'm mixed with anything else I admit to having some white and indian in me as well. I'm not going to constantly list every part of my genetic makeup but if the question is raised I'm not going to deny any part either. Why others can't do the same is beyond me. Being in denial and/or trying to distance yourself from all things black doesn't remove the African from your DNA.
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
79 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
196 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy