J. Cole: "I Never Felt White. I Don't Know What That Feels Like"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
60 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
101 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
60 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #81
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
 NvrCMyNut said:
Don't even go there.

Even mezito latinos with no black linage are closer to Africans culturally than you are, do not patronize n*ggas talking about ''black linage.'' Not everything is black OR white with us, that is a dichotomy created here in the United States largely because of the lack of intermarriage which was illegal unlike in most of Latin America. Latinos being in denial about miscegenation is the farthest thing from the truth, its the opposite...Which is why this thread exists in the first place, J cole being mixed would be a non issue in my country of orgin.

The common issue with yours and many other African Americans Afrocentric thought process is that you do not take into consideration the culture(s) of the people you are commenting on and using your own confined experience as a universal measuring tool to identify them.
Dude, no disrespect but you're doing the same thing you're accusing me of doing... You are going off your own experience and what you have seen.. Personally I know Latinos who would deny they have any African lineage at all.. Regardless of their obvious African features...Trust me, it happens a lot more than you think
 6 years ago '04        #82
NuttinNyce 
space
space
$3,493 | Props total: 34 34
 NvrCMyNut said:
Don't even go there.

Even mezito latinos with no black linage are closer to Africans culturally than you are, do not patronize n*ggas talking about ''black linage.'' Not everything is black OR white with us, that is a dichotomy created here in the United States largely because of the lack of intermarriage which was illegal unlike in most of Latin America. Latinos being in denial about miscegenation is the farthest thing from the truth, its the opposite...Which is why this thread exists in the first place, J cole being mixed would be a non issue in my country of orgin.

The common issue with yours and many other African Americans Afrocentric thought process is that you do not take into consideration the culture(s) of the people you are commenting on and using your own confined experience as a universal measuring tool to identify them.
What would be your country of origin?

Nobody cares about the culture difference because that is a given, but denying the genetics is denial in its purest form. I know all types of Latinos and the one thing that is usually common is the disregard and dislike for their African lineage. Sammy Sosa bleached his skin to separate himself from his African lineage and according to him it is a common custom in his country. I've seen a bunch of darker Latin kids called negrita/negro in a negative tone because their own families want to make sure they know that they are different.

Tego Calderon is the last afro-latin I know to truly claim his African side publicly. Dude had a picture of a red/black/green Puerto Rican flag at one of his shows.
 6 years ago '06        #83
smoothlikebutta 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,616 | Props total: 1756 1756
im puerto rican. not too dark, few shades darker than cole. my fam is either my complextion or darker. wtf is my race? lol. there are puerto ricans like me then there are the light skin a.ss motherfu*kers.
 6 years ago '04        #84
NuttinNyce 
space
space
 Nu Tymez said:
Dude, no disrespect but you're doing the same thing you're accusing me of doing... You are going off your own experience and what you have seen.. Personally I know Latinos who would deny they have any African lineage at all.. Regardless of their obvious African features...Trust me, it happens a lot more than you think
Glad to see that my homegirl isn't the only retard. I asked her flat out "So do you deny having Black in you?" She said yes with a straight face. Had a good 30 minute conversation with her before she finally just said "fine I have Black in me, but I'm still not Black though" It is just funny how Dominicans can share the same damn island with Haitians and some think the Blackness was contained to only one side of the island.
 6 years ago '06        #85
smoothlikebutta 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,616 | Props total: 1756 1756
 NuttinNyce said:
What would be your country of origin?

Tego Calderon is the last afro-latin I know to truly claim his African side publicly. Dude had a picture of a red/black/green Puerto Rican flag at one of his shows.
my fam from the same town he is from.. it was a slave trade town back in the day, hence the heavy african influence.
 6 years ago '04        #86
NuttinNyce 
space
space
 smoothlikebutta said:
im puerto rican. not too dark, few shades darker than cole. my fam is either my complextion or darker. wtf is my race? lol. there are puerto ricans like me then there are the light skin a.ss motherfu*kers.
You are Latin of African decent. Your family probably comes from the east side of the island where the slaves were dropped off. Puerto Ricans that weren't near the ports usually don't have much if any African blood. All depends on who had Atlantic water access during the slave trade.

Hope that helped :thumbsup2:
 6 years ago '04        #87
NuttinNyce 
space
space
 smoothlikebutta said:
my fam from the same town he is from.. it was a slave trade town back in the day, hence the heavy african influence.
Well whenever you go to the home town for a family reunion take me with you. I need a vacation and a translator. lol
 6 years ago '11        #88
DsRueHz 
space
space
$926 | Props total: 14 14
Niccaz get atchu just like da police do when u in da suburbs if they think u mixed.....good hair...pretty boy...think u better than me....ect..etc....it's like dat affion Crockett skit---daylight. Affion crazy.
 6 years ago '07        #89
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
I would never seed a white broad. Most bi-racial kids I know were confused as sh*t growing up. I wouldn't put my kid through that.
 6 years ago '04        #90
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,694 | Props total: 11376 11376
Raised by his mother in Forest Hill, a heavily Jewish neighborhood of Toronto, he attended a Jewish day school, and was even Bar Mitzvah'd (the song of the night was Backstreet Boys's "I Want It That Way").

6 years ago '06        #91
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,854 | Props total: 944 944
 marcusaka50 said:
i didnt know he was half white
^ this. he doesn't look bi-racial at all. them negro genes are strong as fu*k!
 6 years ago '04        #92
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
 Str8Evo3Racer said:
90% of Boxden knows what that feels like
95%
 09-26-2011, 09:17 AM         #93
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this is why hip hop is dead and why jay is the biggest sellout in the history of rap

they will never sign anymore poor black men or women to rap deals

just look who they are try n to push

wiggers,bi-racial dudes from the burbs,white girls that say n*gga,C.O s stealing drug dealers idenity,male strippers lie n like there gangbangers,male nurses lieing like there goons, asian bi*chs acting black,black hipsters

anyone that is not black and from the projects or the hood

rap is being stole just like rock

rap will be completely white in 2020
 6 years ago '05        #94
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,881 | Props total: 8403 8403
 bigree61 said:
this is why hip hop is dead and why jay is the biggest sellout in the history of rap

wiggers,bi-racial dudes from the burbs,white girls that say n*gga,C.O s stealing drug dealers idenity,male strippers lie n like there gangbangers,male nurses lieing like there goons, asian bi*chs acting black,black hipsters

maybe if the "hardcore rap fans" would actually buy records maybe this wouldnt be the case. if it sells then thats what you're going to hear.

if the hip hop community put the money where their mouths are then this wouldnt be a problem. but since we willingly put the genre in other hands, we cant be mad at it now

Last edited by StateProperty88; 09-26-2011 at 09:36 AM..
 6 years ago '06        #95
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,854 | Props total: 944 944
 bigree61 said:

you already my n*gga
 6 years ago '04        #96
The S-Word 
space
space
$3,678 | Props total: 1300 1300
 NuttinNyce said:
Actually they say Tiger Woods' father was mixed too. He was part Chinese. Just couldn't really tell because of the dominance of his black genes.
...Actually, that's not entirely true:

Wikipedia said:
Earl Woods' mother, Maude (Carter) Woods was a light-skinned black woman was of mixed African and European ancestry. Woods' siblings ranged from fairly dark to very light; he remembered that his grandmother Carter, a Mulatto, was "the prettiest blonde you ever saw." There was a family joke about an alleged Chinese ancestor who "didn't stay on his railroad job," but there is no record of any Chinese ancestry. However, the family is said to have some Native American ancestry
 6 years ago '04        #97
..:Fame:.. 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,123 | Props total: 997 997
As long as the music is good who gives a fu*k what color you are .
 09-26-2011, 10:12 AM         #98
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
maybe if the "hardcore rap fans" would actually buy records maybe this wouldnt be the case. if it sells then thats what you're going to hear.

if the hip hop community put the money where their mouths are then this wouldnt be a problem. but since we willingly put the genre in other hands, we cant be mad at it now
you are 99.9% right

but when people had to buy CDs and tapes it wasnt us in the hood or the jets
them sh*ts used to be like 18 dollars

wasnt to many poor black people spending 18 bucks on a CD in 96

but you still on point
 6 years ago '07        #99
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
 bigree61 said:

That's probably how cracka's feel about the NBA
 6 years ago '04        #100
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,184 | Props total: 3330 3330
 Nu Tymez said:
SMH... People do realize genetically there are only 3 "Races"... technically its only one race "human race", but for the sake of argument.. 3 races.. Caucasoid, mongoloid, and negroid... Everyone else is a variation of those 3... I just hate when some Latinos deny their obvious African lineage... Its a fact.. Caribbean, South American, and Central American Latinos are descendants of Africans that the Spanish slaveholders took to those areas, they intermixed with those Spanish Slaveholders and the Natives of the area.. Black Americans are descendants of African slaves the English brought to the American mainland.. Thats the only difference...
this...
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago