most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1
39033 pageviews
137 comments

flix02 2055 heat pts2055
space
space
$10,632 | Props total: 3749 3749
J. Cole: "I Never Felt White. I Don't Know What That Feels Like"

Roc Nation's J. Cole opens up about having bi-racial parents and how despite being half White, he has fully felt a part of Caucasian decent in the new XXL Magazine.

Based on an excerpt from his October feature, Cole speaks on his genetic makeup.

"I can identify with White people, because I know my mother, her side of the family, who I love. I've had White friends. I know people from high school that I might not have hung out with outside of high school, but I think I got to know them pretty well, so I know they sense of humor. But at the end of the day, I never felt White. I don't know what that feels like. I can identify. But never have I felt like I'm one of them. Not that I wanted to, or tried to, but it just was what it was. I identify more with what I look like, because that's how I got treated. Not necessarily in a negative way. But when you get pulled over by the police, I can't pull out my half-White card. Or if I just meet you on the street, you're not gonna be like, This guy seems half-White." (XXL Mag)

J. Cole's "In The Morning" collaborator Drake is also the son of bi-racial parents.

Drake was born to an African-American father and a Jewish mother, who divorced when he was five. Raised by his mother in Forest Hill, a heavily Jewish neighborhood of Toronto, he attended a Jewish day school, and was even Bar Mitzvah'd (the song of the night was Backstreet Boys's "I Want It That Way"). All of which is to say that, whatever else happens, Drake is already the first-ever black Jewish rap star. (Heeb Magazine)

Last year, Shady Records' Yelawolf talked about facing racial barriers as a white rapper.

"I still face it at every show, dog. There's always somebody. It never fails, never. Until I'm selling out my own shows and I'm going to be demo-ing for somebody. And somebody is not going to like me because I'm a white boy on stage rapping and I look different. That's something I will experience until everybody that came through the door came to see just me. I'm used to it though, when you're traveling with groups, you just have to be prepared to deal with it. Do your best to snap and walk off the stage holding your nuts. Always! That's how you got to be. I grew up in Alabama so I've heard and seen it all. Knowing your talent is probably one of the keys to be successful." (VIBE)

Outside of racial talk, Cole recently got surprised by seeing a premature released copy of his Roc Nation debut during a concert.

After all the blood, sweat, and tears he put into making his album, imagine J. Cole's surprise when a fan handed him a copy of the physical CD before he had even seen it. The Roc Nation rapper was performing in Scottsdale, Arizona, on Wednesday night when someone in the audience held up a copy of his debut Cole World: The Sideline Story, nearly a week before its release. Apparently some Target stores had prematurely put the album on shelves. (Rap-Up)

[pic - click to view]

"I Never Felt White. I Don't Know What That Feels Like" | SOHH.COM

137 comments for "J. Cole: "I Never Felt White. I Don't Know What That Feels Like""

6 years ago '11        #2
King Henry 547 heat pts547
space
space
$43,966 | Props total: 9855 9855
Interview was awkward as hell
 6 years ago '09        #3
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space
$25,108 | Props total: 7264 7264
 6 years ago '08        #4
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,103 | Props total: 23318 23318
what ever side you look like most is who you're a.ssociated with
 6 years ago '10        #5
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,533 | Props total: 5867 5867
 Str8Evo3Racer said:
90% of Boxden knows what that feels like
Word. A lot of these dudes on Boxden are ashamed to be white. There's a bunch of B-Rad's on here.
 09-25-2011, 11:10 AM         #6
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Arson said:
what ever side you look like most is who you're a.ssociated with
 6 years ago '06        #7
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,637 | Props total: 8566 8566
i didnt know he was half white
 6 years ago '04        #8
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,791 | Props total: 1796 1796
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
wtf..... this is some of the most random sh*t i've ever read in an article...
you gotta be able to read between the lines, it's obviously a comparison of the culture that drake grew up in versus the culture he participates in now, how he grew up and his background compared to the current image he projects. The article seems to be about race ( black,white, mixed) in hip hop so it's very relevant since rap fans always seem to be concerned about an artist's background when evaluating their music. It could be seen as a shot or diss to drake as well seeing that he grew up a rich jewish boy who listened to the backstreet boys. J.Cole's quotes before it ties in perfectly with that part, he talks about how he never felt "white" growing up but can drake say the same ? It's all about perception and preference.

Last edited by psylence2k; 09-25-2011 at 11:21 AM..
 6 years ago '09        #9
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,077 | Props total: 8847 8847
 Ant McQueen said:
Word. A lot of these dudes on Boxden are ashamed to be white. There's a bunch of B-Rad's on here.
 Str8Evo3Racer said:
90% of Boxden knows what that feels like
fu*king frauds, what I hate is a white/latino kid trying pretending to be black, using the word n*gga e.g Joe Black bx poster, that drake stan who got exposed, he still won't admit his white

btw yes I'm black
 6 years ago '04        #10
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 ash1990 said:
fu*king frauds, what I hate is a white/latino kid trying pretending to be black, using the word n*gga e.g Joe Black bx poster, that drake stan who got exposed, he still won't admit his white

btw yes I'm black
There are black hispanics /latinos
 6 years ago '10        #11
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,533 | Props total: 5867 5867
 psylence2k said:
There are black hispanics /latinos
A lot of Hispanic have t0o much pride to admit that, LOL. I know this Dominican girl who refuses to acknowledge the fact that she's black. I try to tell her all of the time.. " a bunch of Dominicans and Cubans are nothing but black people that speak Spanish. " She's always saying, " No, noooo.. we're not Black.. We're Dominican. "
 6 years ago '07        #12
notic99 25 heat pts25
space
space
$7,584 | Props total: 0 0

[pic - click to view]

09-25-2011, 11:34 AM         #13
coolbeans 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 marcusaka50 said:
i didnt know he was half white
me neither...
 6 years ago '04        #14
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Ant McQueen said:
A lot of Hispanic have t0o much pride to admit that, LOL. I know this Dominican girl who refuses to acknowledge the fact that she's black. I try to tell her all of the time.. " a bunch of Dominicans and Cubans are nothing but black people that speak Spanish. " She's always saying, " No, noooo.. we're not Black.. We're Dominican. "
I know this but it doesn't change the fact genetically she's black, Tiger woods doesn't really like to embrace his blackness fully, but if he did black ppl would allow him to, just like they allow any other bi-racial black to ( Obama, Halle Berry , etc ). If they dont want to embrace it that's their decision but you really can't revoke their pass because it's in their blood.
 6 years ago '04        #15
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 notic99 said:

[pic - click to view]

oh wow I didn't know his dad was the white one. is that his dad ??
 6 years ago '07        #16
notic99 25 heat pts25
space
space
$7,584 | Props total: 0 0
 psylence2k said:
to be honest i cant even confirm multiple sites tell me thats his dad and on wikepedia it says his moms the white one so idek
 6 years ago '09        #17
RaIVIpAG3x 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,361 | Props total: 2728 2728
 ash1990 said:

btw yes I'm black
so saying the word n*gga means you're trying to be black

im proud to be dominican, and ima keep saying n*gga.

stop being so ignorant
 6 years ago '11        #18
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
 psylence2k said:
EDIT: Nevermind J cole said it himself. Black father, White Mother

@:25

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Backflipz; 09-25-2011 at 11:57 AM..
 6 years ago '11        #19
King Henry 547 heat pts547
space
space
$43,966 | Props total: 9855 9855
His dad is black. That's probably his uncle. His mom is white.
 09-25-2011, 11:52 AM         #20
mikeyajeto 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RaIVIpAG3x said:
so saying the word n*gga means you're trying to be black

im proud to be dominican, and ima keep saying n*gga.

stop being so ignorant

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
130 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
297 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
26 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago