most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 6 years ago '07        #81
MFKAD 55 heat pts55
space
space
space
$1,181 | Props total: 32 32
 knowughetto said:
If you need talent as a singer to make it, then why is Ruben Studdard not successful? He has talent, he can sing. Why is he not popular? Same thing for Fantasia. She can sing, but why does she not get the recognition like Beyonce? Look at Jessica Simspon. Can't sing for sh*t, but her image helped her become successful when she was around...

How many times do I have to say to you that there are tons of talented singers out there...better than Justin Beiber and Beyonce, but do not get the recognition or appreciation that they deserve...that don't have the image or appeal as they do..

Here's another example: Lauryn Hill. Back in when she was with the Fugees and did her own thing she got recognition...Why is that? Because she had skills...She wrote her own music, played instruments and she could sing. And she still sh*ts on Beyonce. Now take that same Lauryn Hill and let her make that music today. Do you think she would get that same recognition now that she had back then? NO..Does not have the image like Beyonce.

Halle Berry won an oscar for Monster's Ball, and it damn sure wasn't because of her acting...And are you really gonna sit there and tell me that Beyonce's "acting skills" landed her roles in movies?

And I'm still waiting for you to find this last debate that we had where I didn't admit that I was wrong...

Answer this question: Who are females gonna pay more attention to LL Cool J or Mos Def?
ruban's music was not only not marketable but it sucked. It has 0 orginality and appeal. That's why he isn't so popular. I think some y'all are doing the mistake of generalizing.. not ALL ARTISTS make it due to image. Adele is the perfect example of that. Kanye got successful for making good songs. But in Bieber's case, image was essential for being success. Take away his looks and what do u have left. Music with very little substance. People would've called him out for this sh*t instead of being distracted by everything else happening in his life

Last edited by MFKAD; 09-25-2011 at 03:50 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #82
MFKAD 55 heat pts55
space
space
space
$1,181 | Props total: 32 32
And other thing. Looking different and special has always been an important thing for the biggest pop artists to get noticed. Michael Jackson, Madonna, Prince were very talented acts who looked like rock stars but the only difference between them and an act like bieber is they had alot more talent and substance in the music. at the end of the day it was all about the music they made..

Last edited by MFKAD; 09-25-2011 at 04:01 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #83
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 MFKAD said:
And other thing. Looking different and special has always been an important thing for the biggest pop artists to get noticed. Michael Jackson, Madonna, Prince were very talented acts who looked like rock stars but the only difference between them and an act like bieber is they had alot more lot of talent and substance in the music. at the end of the day it was all about the music they made..
What I put in bold was my point...that they were more talented than Beiber...back in the day it was more about talent than looks, now its more about looks, image, and s3x appeal than talent. I never said that talent doesn't mean sh*t today...
 6 years ago '04        #84
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,449 | Props total: 6518 6518
 lifesabeach said:
sticking up for this loser isn't making any of y'all cooler...unless you're trying to be ironic by being a fan of him. He is a fad, just like every other talent-less musical act born of little white girls' obsessions and their stupid parents' money.

It's like you guys like living vicariously through his bullsh*t. Congratulations, you're all f*gs.
how can you seriously be mad at what he doing? he in the bubble right now let him enjoy it
 6 years ago '05        #85
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,818 | Props total: 2623 2623
the world is not that shallow and one dimensional bruh. I never said good looks can't help, they will. The pretty bi*ches get all the attention. Does that mean they'll end up in a happy marriage and be successful in life if they have nothing to bring to the table? nah. It's the SAME with music. Yea, if you look good we might invite you into the studio. But if you can't sing a lick and make a song, we don't need you. A PRETTY FACE isn't going to bring in success in anything except modeling. This is an ART, the SONGS STILL MATTER. Look at Seal for christ sakes. the FANS DO NOT CARE THAT MUCH.

yes trey songz taking his shirt off will generate attention but it damn sure won't make him sell more than Maxwell who can perform in a fu*kin suit and keep people entertained. I'd like for you to post a talented artist who makes good songs who doesn't get any attention because of their looks? And no great at singing does not equal good at making music. Thom Yorke isn't somebody women are googly-eyed over yet almost every one of his records are platinum. There are plenty artists female fans listen to that they don't find attractive lookswise. Do you listen to only s3xy broads? LA Roux platinum and the singer looks like a boy.

Lauryn Hill would sell today. You're crazy if you think Doo Wop (that thing) wouldn't be a HIT today. Thats a GREAT SONG that people STILL LISTEN TO that stood the test of time. No she wouldn't sell as much as she did, it's a new-age where downloading is heavy.. but

You are completely ignoring the fact that I keep saying LOOKS can help but it isn't EVERYTHING. And I KEEP POSTING VALID artists who are not deemed as ATTRACTIVE but sell like crazy and I post artists who ARE deemed attractive who brick. for some reason you just can't comprehend. LOOKS CAN ONLY GET YOU SO FAR!

nicole scherzinger = brick
keri hilson = brick
mya = brick
ciara = brick
paris hilton = brick
christina millian = brick
kim kardashian = brick
scarlett johanson = brick
cassie = brick
teairra mari = brick
lola monroe = brick

and I can go ON AND ON AND ON. these bi*ches look 1,000,000 times better than Adele. 1,000 times better than Lady Gaga, 1,000 times better than Taylor Swift (who don't even show skin). Way better than Estelle horse face a.ss. I'd cut my d!ck off before I fu*k Susan Boyle. BUT THEY STRUGGLE to sell records or even release a fu*kin album. but they are some of the most attractive bi*ches in the world. WHY? BECAUSE THEY (Minus CIARA) HAVE NO REAL TALENT (ATLEAST IN MUSIC) and NO GOOD SONGS. THIS IS THE COMPLETE EVIDENCE THAT LOOKS ARE NOT MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE MUSIC! IF IT WAS THE OTHER WAY AROUND THESE bi*chES WOULD BE THE ONES WITH THE HIT RECORDS. yes image DOES help. we DO watch these music videos like "damn that dude looks cool" BUT LOOKING COOL OR LOOKING GOOD has no effect on the ACTUAL MUSIC. IF WE DON'T LIKE THE MUSIC IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW GOOD YOU LOOK! IF WE LOVE THE MUSIC, IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW BAD YOU LOOK! period.

fu*k man. there's nothing else I can say if you don't get it this time please go back to school or something!
 6 years ago '04        #86
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
 Martel said:
the world is not that shallow and one dimensional bruh. I never said good looks can't help, they will. The pretty bi*ches get all the attention. Does that mean they'll end up in a happy marriage and be successful in life if they have nothing to bring to the table? nah. It's the SAME with music. Yea, if you look good we might invite you into the studio. But if you can't sing a lick and make a song, we don't need you. A PRETTY FACE isn't going to bring in success in anything except modeling. This is an ART, the SONGS STILL MATTER. Look at Seal for christ sakes. the FANS DO NOT CARE THAT MUCH.
First of all, @ you for thinking that the world and the people that live in it are not shallow and one dimensional. If this world was not shallow and one dimensional as you claim, then there would be more leaders and less followers. You say this as if the world is a peaceful place.

Secondly, I don't believe you with all of that nonsense you said about the whole marriage thing. What does that have to do with music and image? You're going off topic with that...Even with you going off topic, I will briefly talk about it. Why do you think most of these pretty bi*ched get cuffed and wifed up? It has a lot to do with their looks. Most of these people today just look at females for their looks, not what they can do. Sure there are people out there who know that these women don't bring anything to the table, but they keep them based on their looks. As long as they look good and can fu*k, they will still keep them around...What makes it worse is that these dudes KNOW that they have nothing to bring to the table but their looks..

Brittany Spears can't sing for sh*t or make a song, but she became successful based on her looks.

If a pretty face isn't going to bring in success, then Beyonce should be modeling. @ you saying a pretty face won't help bring success with singing, or anything else in this world except modeling. You sit there and try to tell me that a woman's looks won't help her land a job? If that's the case, then Precious should be a multi-platinum singer....

and about Seal...People were going to his concerts and buying his records for his music..but that was back then. Now if he makes that same music that he did in the 90's, no one's gonna be checking for him..

Martel said:
yes trey songz taking his shirt off will generate attention but it damn sure won't make him sell more than Maxwell who can perform in a fu*kin suit and keep people entertained. I'd like for you to post a talented artist who makes good songs who doesn't get any attention because of their looks? And no great at singing does not equal good at making music. Thom Yorke isn't somebody women are googly-eyed over yet almost every one of his records are platinum. There are plenty artists female fans listen to that they don't find attractive lookswise. Do you listen to only s3xy broads? LA Roux platinum and the singer looks like a boy.

Who would these females rather see at a concert, Trey Songz or Raheem DeVaughn? Trey Songz or Maxwell? But let's be real, Maxwell still makes great music, but the ONLY ones that will be looking out for him are the people that's been riding with him since day one..I'm talking about the older crowd...Let him perform at the MTV Awards, these kids aren't gonna pay any attention to Maxwell. Like I said, the only ones that will pay attention to Maxwell are the older people who been riding with him. But as soon as Trey Songz steps on stage, I guarantee you that most of the people in the audience are gonna stand up and vibe to it..

Lauryn Hill would sell today. You're crazy if you think Doo Wop (that thing) wouldn't be a HIT today. Thats a GREAT SONG that people STILL LISTEN TO that stood the test of time. No she wouldn't sell as much as she did, it's a new-age where downloading is heavy.. but

You are completely ignoring the fact that I keep saying LOOKS can help but it isn't EVERYTHING. And I KEEP POSTING VALID artists who are not deemed as ATTRACTIVE but sell like crazy and I post artists who ARE deemed attractive who brick. for some reason you just can't comprehend. LOOKS CAN ONLY GET YOU SO FAR![/QUOTE]

Martel said:
keri hilson = brick
mya = brick
ciara = brick
paris hilton = brick
kim kardashian = brick
cassie = brick
teairra mari = brick
lola monroe = brick

and I can go ON AND ON AND ON. these bi*ches look 1,000,000 times better than Adele. 1,000 times better than Lady Gaga, 1,000 times better than Taylor Swift (who don't even show skin). Way better than Estelle horse face a.ss. I'd cut my d!ck off before I fu*k Susan Boyle. BUT THEY STRUGGLE to sell records or even release a fu*kin album. but they are some of the most attractive bi*ches in the world. WHY? BECAUSE THEY (Minus CIARA) HAVE NO REAL TALENT (ATLEAST IN MUSIC) and NO GOOD SONGS. THIS IS THE COMPLETE EVIDENCE THAT LOOKS ARE NOT MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE MUSIC! IF IT WAS THE OTHER WAY AROUND THESE bi*chES WOULD BE THE ONES WITH THE HIT RECORDS. yes image DOES help. we DO watch these music videos like "damn that dude looks cool" BUT LOOKING COOL OR LOOKING GOOD has no effect on the ACTUAL MUSIC. IF WE DON'T LIKE THE MUSIC IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW GOOD YOU LOOK! IF WE LOVE THE MUSIC, IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW BAD YOU LOOK! period.
You really think these suburban white kids or anyone in today's generation are gonna be listening to "Doo Wop" or "Killing Me Softly" now? Do you really think they are gonna watch Mos Def's Umi Says video or Nas' "If I Ruled the World" video? Of course Lauryn Hill wouldn't sell today, I'm not that stupid..but her image would play a major role in that.... @ you thinking Lauryn Hill is gonna sell today. If that's the case, then Erykah Badu, Musiq Soulchild, Jill Scott, Lloyd Banks, Styles P should be selling right now..NOT because of their image, like you claim...

If looking good or cool doesn't matter, then why do you see these kids getting tattoos on their faces like Lil Wayne does? These kids get tattoos on their faces like Lil Wayne because they think he looks cool with the tattoos...So they are gonna do the same sh*t, thinking they will look cool too. Why do you see these girls wanting to dress like and be like Beyonce? If looks didn't matter at all, then you would have as many people looking at these artists, following them and doing the same sh*t that they do....The more you talk, the more you are contradicting yourself...but you fail to see that..What do you not understand about what I'm saying? Its not that hard to understand as you are making it to be...

Martel said:
fu*k man. there's nothing else I can say if you don't get it this time please go back to school or something!
And I can go on and on about how there are a lot of people out there with tons of talent, that don't get the recognition they deserve because they don't have the right image for the masses...And who are the masses today? The 13-25 year olds...

But I need to go back to school, cause I don't know what I'm talking about....

I'm done...

Last edited by knowughetto; 09-25-2011 at 06:32 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #87
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,818 | Props total: 2623 2623
wowww son not only are you ignorant as fu*k you're clearly an idiot. SMH. can't even believe I wasted my time you have to be 12 years old REALLY. all i gotta say is go out and experience life dude and speak to people and realize it isn't as shallow as you think it is. work on your reading comprehension too forreal though man. then to say Doo Wop won't be a hit when it's gotten 6 million views on youtube and its a damn decade old song.
 6 years ago '09        #88
Toss 
space
space
space
$7,123 | Props total: 1658 1658
I cant read all those things this thread lost me. but about the other guy with the talent issue there are beater singers and dancers then him but in the entertainment business. You need a good personality and marketing is one of the most important things and the way how they market this kid hes going to be here for a long time. idk about the whole looks thing but they did a good job marketing Justin bieber because no other solo artist at his age is doing what he doing at this successful rate. I mean the kid is well respected by many rappers and artist. For example i watching a video when rapper Nipsey Hussle was at a label trying to get signed nispey was there with like 20 crib n*ggas his whole crew and jb was there by himself this kid Justin bieber grab his guitar and played and sang tupac thug mansion and all those ppl including nipsey hussle respected him and gave him props. I mean like what other pop artist can do things he can do other pop artist would have ran out So sometimes you need more then talent to be successful you need talent marketing and personality

Last edited by Toss; 09-25-2011 at 07:03 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #89
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
 Martel said:
wowww son not only are you ignorant as fu*k you're clearly an idiot. SMH. can't even believe I wasted my time you have to be 12 years old REALLY. all i gotta say is go out and experience life dude and speak to people and realize it isn't as shallow as you think it is. work on your reading comprehension too forreal though man. then to say Doo Wop won't be a hit when it's gotten 6 million views on youtube and its a damn decade old song.
What the fu*k does youtube views have to do with an image today? If you knew how to read, I said that if Lauryn Hill were to release Doo Wop right now that it would not sell like it did back then. What do you not understand about that?

I find it funny that you continue to say image and looks isn't everything and that it gets you nowhere in this world, but yet I'm an idiot and ignorant for saying that image and looks play a huge role in everything that goes on, not only for the music industry, but for jobs, relationships, and everything else in this world...

Its a damn shame that people can't have a decent debate/conversation without people like you catching feelings and name calling...All because someone doesn't agree with you, and have their own views...

Last edited by knowughetto; 09-25-2011 at 07:35 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #90
xo xo xo 85 heat pts85
space
space
space
$5,427 | Props total: 435 435
 Martel said:

You are completely ignoring the fact that I keep saying LOOKS can help but it isn't EVERYTHING. And I KEEP POSTING VALID artists who are not deemed as ATTRACTIVE but sell like crazy and I post artists who ARE deemed attractive who brick. for some reason you just can't comprehend. LOOKS CAN ONLY GET YOU SO FAR!

keri hilson = brick
mya = brick
ciara = brick
paris hilton = brick
kim kardashian = brick
cassie = brick
teairra mari = brick
lola monroe = brick

6 years ago '11        #91
xxflyingarmbarx 32 heat pts32
space
space
$2,155 | Props total: 891 891
I cant stand this little fu*ker.....

But you gotta respect a win
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
100 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
180 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
60 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
75 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside 15 Artists That Biggie Wanted To Work With (But Never Got The Chance)
42 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy