Apple’s ‘iPhone 4S’ Will Be Only New Model This Year

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA 5 Players Who Were Lebron Before Lebron
53 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1
7824 pageviews
92 comments

italiansteve 2187 heat pts2187
space
space
$9,286 | Props total: 5413 5413
Apple’s ‘iPhone 4S’ Will Be Only New Model This Year

[pic - click to view]

Despite numerous rumors to the contrary, Apple will only launch one iPhone model this fall and it will be a modest upgrade that closely resembles the current iPhone 4.

Keep up with the latest technology news on the FOX Business Technology Facebook page.

In a note to investors on Wednesday, Wedge Partners analyst Brian Blair says that Apple will hold a special event between September 28th and October 5th to unveil several new devices. Only one of those devices will be an iPhone, however, and Blair says it will be an incremental update as opposed to the redesigned iPhone 5 that has been rumored on multiple occasions.

Related Stories
Apple's New CEO Set to Unveil iPhone 5 on Oct. 4: Sources

"We expect the focus of the new iPhone will be iOS 5, a speedier A5 processor and a higher resolution 8 MP camera with a small possibility of a larger 4 inch screen,” Blair wrote. “We believe the casing will be largely similar to the iPhone with some particular modifications to the antennae [sic]. We don’t expect a second, dramatically different iPhone to accompany this as we don’t think Apple needs to have 3 models in the market to address the high end, mid-tier and low end since the iPhone 4 (with memory lowered to 8 GB) will drop to $99 and effectively attack those markets.”

The analyst believes that in spite of the anticipation generated over the past few months by the possibility of a redesigned iPhone 5, launching two new models wouldn’t make sense for Apple. “Why would Apple bump up only the processor specs of the iPhone 4 in addition to a newly designed iPhone 5 if the goal is to sell it into the pre-paid market at a lower cost?” Blair wondered in his note. “A 4S would simply cost more and a 4S itself wouldn’t create a mid-tier market unless it was priced at $99 and the iPhone 4 went to $49 with the new iPhone at $199. We see this scenario as unlikely.”

But Wedge Partners does expect another device to be unveiled at Apple’s upcoming event: a 3G-enabled iPod touch. Blair says the iPod’s cellular data option will work just like the iPad, allowing users to purchase data plans on a month-to-month basis with no contractual obligations. The notion of a 3G iPod touch aligns with earlier rumors.

Blair’s iPhone estimates remain at 24-25 million units shipped in Apple’s September quarter, and he sees shipments growing to 27 million units in the December quarter. Calendar-year totals will come in at 91 million units according to the analyst’s estimates, which would represent growth of 92% compared to 2010 and will include sales by new carrier partner Sprint, which he expects to sell 4.5 million iPhones over the next year. Blair thinks Apple will begin accepting pre-orders for its next-generation iPhone within days of holding its media event, which will take place on October 4th according to a recent report.

Read more:
[pic - click to view]

Apple’s ‘iPhone 4S’ Will Be Only New Model This Year: Analyst | Fox Business

92 comments for "Apple’s ‘iPhone 4S’ Will Be Only New Model This Year"

6 years ago '05        #2
Rockobox 76 heat pts76
space
space
$12,376 | Props total: 1 1
Fox
 6 years ago '08        #3
piffery973 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,221 | Props total: 1 1
lol i loved my iphone but its gone....:( my n*gga
 6 years ago '05        #4
lordk 21 heat pts21
space
space
$161 | Props total: 0 0
fu*k a 4S, drop a 5 !
 6 years ago '07        #5
strongthetruth 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$3,240 | Props total: 3302 3302
Makes sense
 6 years ago '06        #6
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
My 4 still works like it's brand new
 09-22-2011, 07:28 PM         #7
lifeundthescope 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so 5 is dropping next year?
 6 years ago '04        #8
badboy600 15 heat pts15
space
space
$5,358 | Props total: 1578 1578
Been saying this
 6 years ago '04        #9
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
It's makes a lot of sense. Can't see myself jumping on this unless it's bigger and even then I'd have to think about it. Why waste the upgrade?
 6 years ago '05        #10
Rockobox 76 heat pts76
space
space
I wish we would be able to use the 4's on Sprint's network (the Verizon one obviously) once this drops...

I could just dupe a n*gga for his iPhone fast

"ay man just trade me your iPhone for my Evo the sh*t is about to be worth $50 once the 5 drops"
 6 years ago '04        #11
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 badboy600 said:
Been saying this

[pic - click to view]

I wish I was wrong, but I called it months ago. 4s first, 5 in 2012. iOS5 has too many bugs to iron out to make it in time for October, and they're probably gonna be doing last minute improvements.

I love my iPhone 4, I'm in no rush to upgrade.
 09-22-2011, 07:54 PM         #12
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItsDipsetSlime said:
*cock softens*
 Rockobox said:
Fox
 09-22-2011, 08:06 PM         #13
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
15 months later and only a fu*kin 4S? ...I need to punch something.
 6 years ago '05        #14
Rockobox 76 heat pts76
space
space
 texasplayboy_23 said:
15 months later and only a fu*kin 4S? ...I need to punch something.
Why are y'all complaining?

AT&T/Verizon users shouldn't even care about this sh*t. It's us Sprint users that would like to get into the world of iOS, majority of us just wanna leave Android.

I would MUCH rather cop a Verizon iPhone off a n*gga, unlock the bi*ch (if I have to) and tell Sprint I got a new phone to go to instead of upgrading to a 4S this year and then DROOLING over the 5 next year.
 6 years ago '07        #15
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
Man... fu*k this.
 09-22-2011, 08:11 PM         #16
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wow this is disappointing
 09-22-2011, 08:17 PM         #17
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rockobox said:
Why are y'all complaining?

AT&T/Verizon users shouldn't even care about this sh*t. It's us Sprint users that would like to get into the world of iOS, majority of us just wanna leave Android.

I would MUCH rather cop a Verizon iPhone off a n*gga, unlock the bi*ch (if I have to) and tell Sprint I got a new phone to go to instead of upgrading to a 4S this year and then DROOLING over the 5 next year.
I'm sure your phone doesn't need to be constantly plugged in, and when it isn't, lasts 5 minutes with use before shutting down. I was out of country until February and decided not to get a 4, b/c a 5 would most likely drop this summer...I don't have to tell you it's almost October and THIS is the news I get? A lousy 4S? ...THIS is why I'm complaining.
 6 years ago '08        #18
tico86 150 heat pts150
space
space
$4,235 | Props total: 7033 7033
they know people will still rush and buy the 4s. Apple could release anything and people will still buy it for the logo
 09-22-2011, 08:23 PM         #19
slimshady5191 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
props
 6 years ago '07        #20
CadillacVyse 944 heat pts944
space
space
$27,678 | Props total: 16968 16968
. I bet this a conceit that they didn't expect androids to progress this fast with lte and large screens and fast processors. Hence they didn't drop a new iPhone to appear being behind in technology. a new iPhone with a smaller screen and no lte coulda been a hard sell to most non appleheads.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
82 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago