NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
41 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
vida guerra
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
145 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #1
6672 pageviews
103 comments

Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,242 | Props total: 20053 20053
Universal Pictures Preps New ‘Scarface’ Movie

EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures is developing a new version of Scarface, the title first released in 1932 and then turned into the iconic 1983 film that starred Al Pacino as Cuban gangster Tony Montana. I’d heard that the studio has been meeting writers to script a take for a film that will be produced by Marc Shmuger and Martin Bregman. Bregman produced the Pacino version.

The film is not intended to be a remake or a sequel. It will take the common elements of the first two films: an outsider, an immigrant, barges his way into the criminal establishment in pursuit of a twisted version of the American dream, becoming a kingpin through a campaign of ruthlessness and violent ambition. The studio is keeping the specifics of where the new Tony character comes from under wraps at the moment, but ethnicity and geography were important in the first two versions. In the 1932 Scarface, an Italian (Paul Muni) took over Chicago, and in the Brian De Palma-directed remake, a Cuban cornered the cocaine trade in 1980s Miami, only to be consumed by it. Ann Dvorak, George Raft and Boris Karloff starred in the original and Michelle Pfeiffer, Steven Bauer and Mary Elizabeth Mastrontonio starred in the remake.

Does the iconic Universal library title Scarface deserve an updated version for a new generation? I’m told that when Universal put together the 1983 film, there were howls of heresy; after all, the film was considered a Howard Hughes-produced classic, with a script by Ben Hecht. Howard Hawks directed it with Richard Rosson. The remake became iconic in its own way, particularly in influencing hip-hop culture. Tony Montana’s image is still widely merchandised; his signature line “Say hello to my little friend’ remains the biggest selling cell phone voice ringtone, and Universal has sold over 10 million DVD units worldwide.

[pic - click to view]

Universal Pictures Preps New ‘Scarface’ Movie – Deadline.com

Last edited by Ham Rove; 09-21-2011 at 11:02 PM..

103 comments for "Universal Pictures Preps New ‘Scarface’ Movie"

6 years ago '10        #2
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$20,552 | Props total: 199 199
paul muni
to
al pacino
to
taylor lautner probably
 6 years ago '09        #3
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,731 | Props total: 6240 6240
I dont know how people like that, for someone of Pacino`s caliber to over act so much was ridiculous and it was a pretty weak film anyway.
 6 years ago '05        #4
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,461 | Props total: 25163 25163
...Do Not fu*k With My Movie
 6 years ago '10        #5
RedLight 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,406 | Props total: 2348 2348
people love the gangster "i come from nothing and will turn it into something" movies... they never get old
 6 years ago '06        #6
Kjizzle03 37 heat pts37
space
space
$25,271 | Props total: 7403 7403
Will not be watching...
 6 years ago '09        #7
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 75 75
 ShadyVsEminem said:
I dont know how people like that, for someone of Pacino`s caliber to over act so much was ridiculous and it was a pretty weak film anyway.
Da fu*k please gtfo
 6 years ago '06        #8
Pitts Gutta 18 heat pts18
space
space
$2,927 | Props total: 12 12
Since its not a remake, sequel or prequel it could have potential.
 6 years ago '06        #9
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,546 | Props total: 6800 6800
movie was gabbage
sons accent was horrible as well almost laughable
 6 years ago '10        #10
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,904 | Props total: 21190 21190
 - Streetz - said:
movie was gabbage
sons accent was horrible as well almost laughable
 DallasTexas said:
most overrated movie everrr
These....kind of.

I won't go as far to call it garbage but this film is overrated & has been glorified like crazy by rappers.
 6 years ago '05        #11
P DRILLA 103 heat pts103
space
space
$10,684 | Props total: 6607 6607
The film is not intended to be a remake or a sequel. It will take the common elements of the first two films: an outsider, an immigrant, barges his way into the criminal establishment in pursuit of a twisted version of the American dream, becoming a kingpin through a campaign of ruthlessness and violent ambition. The studio is keeping the specifics of where the new Tony character comes from under wraps at the moment, but ethnicity and geography were important in the first two versions. In the 1932 Scarface, an Italian (Paul Muni) took over Chicago, and in the Brian De Palma-directed remake, a Cuban cornered the cocaine trade in 1980s Miami, only to be consumed by it. Ann Dvorak, George Raft and Boris Karloff starred in the original and Michelle Pfeiffer, Steven Bauer and Mary Elizabeth Mastrontonio starred in the remake.

09-21-2011, 09:51 PM         #12
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P DRILLA said:
this.

why the fu*k you copy and paste the same part twice

6 years ago '09        #13
DJ Idol 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 945 945
I'll watch probably
 6 years ago '09        #14
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,316 | Props total: 7974 7974
 Fresh Whyte said:
...Do Not fu*k With My Movie
to be fair Al Pacino's scarface or better yet the 2nd scarface movie was pretty weak, wasnt even as good as the original imo

a 3rd scarface movie can be good if done right

oh yeah

carlito's way>>>>>>>>scarface

tony was a pus*y with a gun, carlito on the otherhand was a smart street dude that could handle himself

Last edited by Jacc Blacc; 09-21-2011 at 10:18 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #15
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,794 | Props total: 14598 14598
The 2nd Scarface(De Palma's) is campy, I'll just leave it at that.
 6 years ago '06        #16
RAZAH CUTS 5844 heat pts5844
space
space
$54,097 | Props total: 18950 18950
they're gonna fu*k it up....you just know they will...

I liked the idea of the "Son Of Tony" flick that they had casted Cuban Link in a lot better, but that never materialized...
 6 years ago '06        #17
damn_ryght 
space
space
$2,805 | Props total: 785 785
 ShadyVsEminem said:
tries to act cool by hating on a movie everybody loves
 6 years ago '10        #18
Gottagat 
space
space
$11,644 | Props total: 218 218
lol at these n*ggas in here trying to go against da grain hating on Scarface

fukk outta here
 6 years ago '07        #19
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 197 197
Scarface gave birth to Vice City...how can it not be classic?

I wish Pac could take this one
 6 years ago '11        #20
case sensitive 
space
space
$3,607 | Props total: 321 321
i like the movie but its clearly one of the most overrated movies ever....

usually Scarface is your favorite movie if you had dreams of hustling and making fast money...motherfu*kers who see thru that fake lifestyle usually take the flick for what it is...sh*ts still a great flick tho, cant fu*k with it.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
95 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
126 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
82 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy