2012 XXL Freshman Predictions - Who should be there?

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
68 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
260 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #81
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,433 | Props total: 6476 6476
vado won't be there because he turned it down this year
xv won't be there because he said fuk em after the 2010 list
 6 years ago '04        #82
mprnc2000 16 heat pts16
space
space
$5,955 | Props total: 1570 1570
I'll say Future will be on there
 6 years ago '11        #83
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,335 | Props total: 8486 8486
Who the fu*k is Chris Webby?
 6 years ago '07        #84
blackjewelz 
space
space
$5,446 | Props total: 3247 3247
I'm guessing Gibbs was already on there since nobody suggested him on the first page.
 6 years ago '04        #85
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 Tommy_Bunz said:
I was agreeing with you until you said this, you contradicted yourself, what has dude done since he's been in the game? compared to other up and comer's that have graced the cover of XXL? most of them dudes got albums out....
The way I interpret the XXL freshmen is cats who're known but haven't made a big move yet (e.g.- album release, record label deal, etc.) -- back then, XV had a big buzz and had a couple of dope mixtapes then got signed with Warner Bros.

Look at the 2009 list for example, most of those artists didn't have anything major going on, except for talent and a steady buzz.
 6 years ago '04        #86
space
space
this list mostly based off buzz and co-signs so here is what i think

mgk
stalley
somebody from the white girl mob
alley boy
childish gambino depending on how well received the camp album is
dom kennedy
smoke dza
rich hil
gilbert forte
asap rocky

and two more random people to make it 12

r&b and groups had their own little section one year so you can count them out

and they should probably do this every 4 years and call it graduates and just have the most break out artists in that 4 year span. if they keep this up the list is going to get more worse than the year before. on top of that they add a extra number so it would be one more wack rapper that doesn't deserve it
 6 years ago '11        #87
KeithClark 10 heat pts10 OP
space
space
$4,458 | Props total: 122 122
 Tommy_Bunz said:
you probably right, he probably was...that's why I don't understand people throwing his name out.....that dude ain't close to new...stop it.

and like I said, some people in this thread will get the chance to be on the cover, but that doesn't mean they're nice.

you have one dude that titled his mixtape "rolling stone" which is about smoking weed, his name has something to do with smoking........and he has alot of songs about smoking.

you have another dude that just signed to maybach music, but don't curse in not one of his rhymes....not saying you have to, but I heard one of his tapes and he's average....nothing special.

you have this emillio dude people are bringing up, and he's just as average as the two dudes up above, I also took the time to listen to his mixtape as well.....you know the one everybody was talking about......his so called mixtape that got him really noticed

you got people bringing up XV, and this dude been straight trash for some time now, no wonder he's not on the cover.........he'll never make it big in the rap game, stop having hope in this n*gga....it took currensy along time to catch a buzz, but currensy is more versatile than a XV, he worked with different producers, his mixtapes are different far as the covers and he often names them after movies and sh*t.....so of course he was going to finally catch buzz, XV has none of those things.

people bringing up a bunch of other dudes I haven't even heard before like Dee-1, and Mick Nitty, it's no one's fault I haven't heard them, but usually XXL tries to throw people on there that at least has one good mixtape that's being talked about on the net, those two guys aren't being praised on here like that, so how is XXL going to give them shine? at least that emilio and smoke dza n*gga have a mixtape that has been talked about somewhat.

Frank Ocean is a R and B singer, XXL usually have rappers on the cover, up and coming rappers, he's automatically out.

people bringing up Los, now this dude is from B-more I think, out of everyone I've named he actually can rap pretty well......but far as his mixtapes goes, they haven't had that buzz that a emillio or Smoke Dza tape has had....he's had some mixtapes I think called the G-4 or some sh*t something referencing a private jet......there was talk of him being signed to bad boy or what not, don't know if he's still there.......but what has he done recently? anything this year that has made some kind of impact on the underground hip-hop scene?

Phile ade dropped a good mixtape this year, but he won't have a chance either, hell D.C. acts will have a hard time period, all we have is wale right now smfh.........XXL are trying to get dudes on the cover that are close to that door knob, it doesn't matter how nice you are on the mic, or if you put out a crazy mixtape, or if you've been in the game 18 thousand years on the underground, they are looking for people that are possibly going to take it to the next level, they are right with some of their picks and off with others, no matter how nice you think a dude is lyrically or music wise, if he's not creating a buzz to get him 6 threads a day on Boxden or where ever, what makes you think XXL going to show mercy and throw him on there cover?

Chip the ripper, another wack rapper, from Ohio, Ray Cash was another rapper from Ohio, not the greatest rapper, but he made better music that chip, dropped a decent album that went under the radar, was even on the radio for a short time with two singles, had one with the legendary scarface.......but now dudes have to deal with chip the ripper, he dropped a mixtape back here called "gift raps" which was brought up here and there....sh*t wasn't a good mixtape, but it got talked about, so it's possible he might get his just do.

Dom Kennedy, heard his album on itunes, previews of each track, doesn't sound like a bad album, depending on who you are you might like it, lyrically he's average too....but I would understand if they put him on the cover.

Now looking back at all of these dudes, and how only seeing two of them that can actually rap good......but are the two most unknown dudes on the list besides dee-1 and mike nitty (one of these dudes are even rumored to be in the next BET hip-hop cypher so they are about to get more exposure than los and phil) it just shows that this new list will be fu*king terrible.

Now I'll sit back and get ready to be called the world's biggest hater.

and please don't ask me who I think are good rappers, people always want to bring that question up like some one is going to say gucci mane or plies, so they can try to sh*t on your statements....

you can click on the S/N, I brought the Watch the Throne album, Big Krit makes crazy nice music, J.cole's new album doesn't seem like it'll be terrible, but it doesn't sound like nothing great judging by the snippets, I can't judge it FULLY cus they are just snippets, but he can rap alright, the warm up and friday night lights were great mixtapes, Nipsey Hussle makes nice mixtapes, Kendrick lamar is unstoppable, and Freddie Gibbs is a gangsta rapper that has bars for days, he might be the best gangsta rapper out "lyrically", phonte dropped a track back here a few days ago called "the good f!ght" and the sh*t sounds amazing.

there's a couple of rappers in the game that I give props to, but If you sound like a average a.ss rapper that makes sub par music I'm going to call you out on that sh*t, my opinion is my opinion.
Lesbihonest XXL has only been right about 1 artist... Wiz Khalifa.
 6 years ago '10        #88
Account001 
space
space
$3,342 | Props total: 180 180
*sings* Roooooooooscooooooe ....Dash
 6 years ago '10        #89
Account001 
space
space
$3,342 | Props total: 180 180
and now that i think about it future and YG too
 6 years ago '04        #90
space
space
 Account001 said:
and now that i think about it future and YG too
yg was on it this year. future will basically take his spot next year
 6 years ago '10        #91
DirtyPeddalz 9 heat pts
space
space
$59 | Props total: 0 0
In no particular order.

1. Action Bronson
2. Hopsin
3. Childish Gambino
4. Jon Connor
5. Emilio Rojas
6. Schoolboy Q
7. Dom Kennedy
8. Stalley
9. Danny Brown
10. Torae
 6 years ago '04        #92
therealness 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,438 | Props total: 1570 1570
The list gets worse every year. But they should put these dudes on there.

The UpstateApes-Ape sh*t Vol. 1
 09-20-2011, 05:51 PM         #93
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KeithClark said:
Lesbihonest XXL has only been right about 1 artist... Wiz Khalifa.
Jcole is trying....he's been on television and radio more than most of the dudes on those lists
 09-20-2011, 05:54 PM         #94
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:
this list mostly based off buzz and co-signs so here is what i think

mgk
stalley
somebody from the white girl mob
alley boy
childish gambino depending on how well received the camp album is
dom kennedy
smoke dza
rich hil
gilbert forte
asap rocky

and two more random people to make it 12

r&b and groups had their own little section one year so you can count them out

and they should probably do this every 4 years and call it graduates and just have the most break out artists in that 4 year span. if they keep this up the list is going to get more worse than the year before. on top of that they add a extra number so it would be one more wack rapper that doesn't deserve it
I can see every 2 but every 4 is a stretch.......not saying that wouldn't separate the talented from the wack cus it would,anytime you can keep making good music for as long as 4 years you deserve to be placed on a cover....but I say 2 because it gives artists (new artist) a chance to at least get a good run.......you keep people talking for 24 months, you get a cover, but you just dropping one mixtape one year with few nice songs then go missing the next year you get crossed off that list.......you should be able to put out good music for 2 years straight, no breaks.

if they went by the 2 year rule alot of these guys wouldn't even make the list, im not talking about one good mixtape and a one average a.ss joint, Im talking about everything you drop has to be official, raising that bar....some of these dudes being named, has only made noise this year and wasnt about sh*t last year, and some hasnt done sh*t of importance this year but has had people talking about them last year.

Last edited by Motivated; 09-20-2011 at 05:57 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #95
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,527 | Props total: 6755 6755
all these list are comical
literally comical
 6 years ago '11        #96
CamoBoxers 20 heat pts20
space
space
$2,667 | Props total: 11 11
 PotheadFocker said:
Who the fu*k is Chris Webby?
the next ...
 6 years ago '07        #97
KING*TITO 46 heat pts46
space
space
$6,107 | Props total: 332 332
 Kid Cunner said:
LOL. Tyler and XV already turned it down. Frank isn't even a rapper. Murs is old as fu*k so thats highly doubtful. Anyway.

Stalley
Casey Veggies
Los
Smoke DZA
Dee-1
Childish Gambino (maybe?)
Trouble
Alley Boy
Dom Kennedy
Hopsin
Chris Webby
Chip Tha Ripper

I'm sure most of those will make it

These two have the most potential to me, Childish Gambino got the most commercial success potential and Ripper got the club banger potential..
 6 years ago '06        #98
smoothlikebutta 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,618 | Props total: 1756 1756
 igotjshoe said:
Should be:
DZA
Stalley

Might be:
Young Roddy
Casey Veggies

Should've been already:
Chip tha Ripper
Dom Kennedy

^word
 09-20-2011, 06:58 PM         #99
southsidevg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thai
Drew Deezy
 6 years ago '05        #100
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
This thread confirms the future of hip hop is going nowhere as of right now.... 95% of the artists listed are trash
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
279 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy