2012 XXL Freshman Predictions - Who should be there?

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Went To The 4:44 Tour Last Night
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
118 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #61
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,913 | Props total: 1157 1157
 KeithClark said:
1. XV
2. Kreayshawn
3. Nitty Scott
4. Frank Ocean
5. Tyler The Creator
6. Murs
7. Papa Duck (probably not but I couldn't think of anyone else).

i have a feeling papa duck ain't known outside of florida up to like south carolina, man. i respect his music and his hustle though. south florida stand up.
 09-20-2011, 04:07 PM         #62
madeulook 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
chuuwee is dope but not many people know him,

the list will probably look like this

dom kennedy

asap rocky

machine gun kelly

kreayshawn

stalley

weeknd

frank ocean

childish gambino

smoke dza

trouble

jojo
 6 years ago '10        #63
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,910 | Props total: 21194 21194
 hotveshe said:

Chyi Da Prince too tho...
He was on it last year......and I would say some of y'all are saying some names only internet dudes like us would want, but then I remember Lil Twist & OJ the Juiceman were on it
 6 years ago '10        #64
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$20,552 | Props total: 199 199
 Tommy_Bunz said:
duffle bag boy ring a bell to you n*ggas?
he was around way before he jacked ransoms slang
 6 years ago '11        #65
KeithClark 10 heat pts10 OP
space
space
$4,458 | Props total: 122 122
 Obsecure said:
2chains
Alley Boy
Frank Ocean ( R&B) i think him and the weekend should have they own section for show and prove

Future
Dom Kennedy
Casey Veggies
Schoolboy Q
Asap Rocky
Smoke Dza
Stalley

only ones i can think of
Frank Ocean already had a section for show& prove keep up! WOW my first Hot Topic thread starting to get some love around Boxden
 6 years ago '07        #66
biff 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,620 | Props total: 100 100
rich hil
emilio rojas
asap rocky
 6 years ago '11        #67
DoobieSnax213 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,921 | Props total: 4120 4120
lol this gonna be the worst list of top rappers (freshman or otherwise). asap and dza are the only n*ggas worthy and thats not saying much....tyler got old, cassie is boring and dom has 1 flow EVERY song
 6 years ago '10        #68
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$20,552 | Props total: 199 199
 KeithClark said:
WOW my first Hot Topic thread starting to get some love around Boxden
your parents will be so proud
 6 years ago '05        #69
igotjshoe 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,661 | Props total: 36 36
oh I forgot about Nesby Phips...Phipstapes
 09-20-2011, 04:19 PM         #70
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RYLNYC said:
XXL has lost all credibility in hip hop, as far as I'm concerned. Their Freshmen list gets worse and worse by the year. It turned into a f-ckin' payola joke the second Lil Twist was thrown on as the 11th freshman. Their predictions suck; 7 out of 10 times, their freshmen either suck or don't accomplish a single thing that year.

And @ the "Crooked I" logic for putting Murs on the list. Let's respond to an uneducated choice with another uneducated choice.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kreayshawn is on the new list for the sole fact that she's a female. XV should've been on the list years ago, XXL lost their opportunity on that. Frank Ocean and Childish Gambino deserve a spot though. Tyler the Creator reached his high point already, it's all down hill for him come 2012.

Nitty Scott? Papa Duck? ...who?

I'd nominate Dom Kennedy, French Montana, The Weeknd, Los, Skeme, Curt@!ns, Smoke DZA, ESSO, Outasight, and Stalley off the top of the head.

I was agreeing with you until you said this, you contradicted yourself, what has dude done since he's been in the game? compared to other up and comer's that have graced the cover of XXL? most of them dudes got albums out....
 6 years ago '11        #71
KeithClark 10 heat pts10 OP
space
space
$4,458 | Props total: 122 122
Holy sh*t Boxden if this is going to be the list the PUBLIC is going to be lost the only TRUE rapper that's been listd is Los (who I forgot to mention) and most people outside of the east coast don't even kno him it's gonna be a badddddd year.
 09-20-2011, 04:27 PM         #72
HoLLiwood Heyti 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Asap rocky, kreayshawn , stalley, gambino, gibbs, machine gun kelly, spaceghostpurrp, casey,flynt flossy, and lil cease
 6 years ago '04        #73
eza 
space
space
$3,686 | Props total: 1 1
So had Crooked I but Crooked I still got the cover
and we all know crookeds buzz is dead
 09-20-2011, 04:43 PM         #74
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DelbertMengel said:
he was around way before he jacked ransoms slang
you probably right, he probably was...that's why I don't understand people throwing his name out.....that dude ain't close to new...stop it.

and like I said, some people in this thread will get the chance to be on the cover, but that doesn't mean they're nice.

you have one dude that titled his mixtape "rolling stone" which is about smoking weed, his name has something to do with smoking........and he has alot of songs about smoking.

you have another dude that just signed to maybach music, but don't curse in not one of his rhymes....not saying you have to, but I heard one of his tapes and he's average....nothing special.

you have this emillio dude people are bringing up, and he's just as average as the two dudes up above, I also took the time to listen to his mixtape as well.....you know the one everybody was talking about......his so called mixtape that got him really noticed

you got people bringing up XV, and this dude been straight trash for some time now, no wonder he's not on the cover.........he'll never make it big in the rap game, stop having hope in this n*gga....it took currensy along time to catch a buzz, but currensy is more versatile than a XV, he worked with different producers, his mixtapes are different far as the covers and he often names them after movies and sh*t.....so of course he was going to finally catch buzz, XV has none of those things.

people bringing up a bunch of other dudes I haven't even heard before like Dee-1, and Mick Nitty, it's no one's fault I haven't heard them, but usually XXL tries to throw people on there that at least has one good mixtape that's being talked about on the net, those two guys aren't being praised on here like that, so how is XXL going to give them shine? at least that emilio and smoke dza n*gga have a mixtape that has been talked about somewhat.

Frank Ocean is a R and B singer, XXL usually have rappers on the cover, up and coming rappers, he's automatically out.

people bringing up Los, now this dude is from B-more I think, out of everyone I've named he actually can rap pretty well......but far as his mixtapes goes, they haven't had that buzz that a emillio or Smoke Dza tape has had....he's had some mixtapes I think called the G-4 or some sh*t something referencing a private jet......there was talk of him being signed to bad boy or what not, don't know if he's still there.......but what has he done recently? anything this year that has made some kind of impact on the underground hip-hop scene?

Phile ade dropped a good mixtape this year, but he won't have a chance either, hell D.C. acts will have a hard time period, all we have is wale right now smfh.........XXL are trying to get dudes on the cover that are close to that door knob, it doesn't matter how nice you are on the mic, or if you put out a crazy mixtape, or if you've been in the game 18 thousand years on the underground, they are looking for people that are possibly going to take it to the next level, they are right with some of their picks and off with others, no matter how nice you think a dude is lyrically or music wise, if he's not creating a buzz to get him 6 threads a day on Boxden or where ever, what makes you think XXL going to show mercy and throw him on there cover?

Chip the ripper, another wack rapper, from Ohio, Ray Cash was another rapper from Ohio, not the greatest rapper, but he made better music that chip, dropped a decent album that went under the radar, was even on the radio for a short time with two singles, had one with the legendary scarface.......but now dudes have to deal with chip the ripper, he dropped a mixtape back here called "gift raps" which was brought up here and there....sh*t wasn't a good mixtape, but it got talked about, so it's possible he might get his just do.

Dom Kennedy, heard his album on itunes, previews of each track, doesn't sound like a bad album, depending on who you are you might like it, lyrically he's average too....but I would understand if they put him on the cover.

Now looking back at all of these dudes, and how only seeing two of them that can actually rap good......but are the two most unknown dudes on the list besides dee-1 and mike nitty (one of these dudes are even rumored to be in the next BET hip-hop cypher so they are about to get more exposure than los and phil) it just shows that this new list will be fu*king terrible.

Now I'll sit back and get ready to be called the world's biggest hater.

and please don't ask me who I think are good rappers, people always want to bring that question up like some one is going to say gucci mane or plies, so they can try to sh*t on your statements....

you can click on the S/N, I brought the Watch the Throne album, Big Krit makes crazy nice music, J.cole's new album doesn't seem like it'll be terrible, but it doesn't sound like nothing great judging by the snippets, I can't judge it FULLY cus they are just snippets, but he can rap alright, the warm up and friday night lights were great mixtapes, Nipsey Hussle makes nice mixtapes, Kendrick lamar is unstoppable, and Freddie Gibbs is a gangsta rapper that has bars for days, he might be the best gangsta rapper out "lyrically", phonte dropped a track back here a few days ago called "the good f!ght" and the sh*t sounds amazing.

there's a couple of rappers in the game that I give props to, but If you sound like a average a.ss rapper that makes sub par music I'm going to call you out on that sh*t, my opinion is my opinion.

Last edited by Motivated; 09-20-2011 at 04:47 PM..
 09-20-2011, 04:50 PM         #75
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Murs is like a fifth year senior
 09-20-2011, 04:51 PM         #76
GOD999 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KeithClark said:
So had Crooked I but Crooked I still got the cover
Yea but least Murs been out since the 90's and been dropped albums since then unlike Crooked. n*gga missed his chance like a mothafu*ka
 6 years ago '05        #77
Da Gooneyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,048 | Props total: 830 830
Action Bronson
Trouble/Alley Boy
Smoke Dza
Schoolboy Q
Stalley
XV
Vado(?)
Dom Kennedy
King Mez
Somebody From Odd Future

^^^^Lookin at that list...Thats a pretty dope fu*kin list.
 6 years ago '07        #78
biff 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,620 | Props total: 100 100
obviously people dont know sh*t about hip hop in this thread lil cease, murs?
 09-20-2011, 04:56 PM         #79
BrooklynWHAT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
my n*gga Trouble Trouble.
 6 years ago '10        #80
DurtySoufReppin 76 heat pts76
space
space
$7,718 | Props total: 14 14
asap rocky is pretty hot
Home      

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
41 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago