J.Cole - Cole World: The Sideline Story (2011)

most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
54 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Thoughts on the album??
CLASSIC!!!! 148 28.41%
Great Debut.. 267 51.25%
Ok.. 77 14.78%
Weak.. 14 2.69%
Horrible.. 15 2.88%
Voters: 521. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #101
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,440 | Props total: 2400 2400
:Dim still listing to this sh*t i havent felt this excited about a album since 50 cent grodt... looks like theres hope for hip hop after all. cole world n*ggas! and death to abc hipster rap (wayne)
 6 years ago '04        #102
Scream @ Me 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,016 | Props total: 1906 1906
I'm going to have to go with "OK" - of course I would've loved to rate it better being that I'm a huge Cole fan & watched him grow, as an artist. But, seriously, 'Lights Please' on here? 'In The Morning' (Remix) wit Drake? Then you have Mr. Nice Watch, where his flow was nothing short of blehh. Like, word? You get Jay-Z of all people on a track and you come up short and weak on it?

... like he said about his 'Dead President' freestyle.

"You gotta come harder than THAT!"
 6 years ago '10        #103
FRESCO THE 13TH 49 heat pts49
space
space
$1,771 | Props total: 235 235
 JordanMPM said:
Weakest track on the album... it doesn't fit the hip-hop feeling production.. I could have made a better beat than the HOVA collabo!

[pic - click to view]

WINNING
 10-02-2011, 05:55 PM         #104
edelapaz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Been banging this album all week! props to J. Cole for coming thru
 6 years ago '05        #105
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,732 | Props total: 2223 2223
Before this cd, I did not like J Cole's music. I thought his music was boring and average at best. This album is good, not the best and definetly not as hot as the fans are hyping it up to be, but its still a solid album. If he improves from this for the next album that one will be great.
 10-02-2011, 06:21 PM         #106
Stauffer05  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i gotta say this album wasnt my fav when i first got it then i kept listening and it grew on me. i give this a 7.5/10. honestly i love cole and what he does i really enjoy the fact that he makes all his beats and everything thats very impressive. I love the lyrical content i just feel that he could have added a few more songs to this to make it one hell of an album.

11 1 11 bi*ches!!!!!
 6 years ago '04        #107
gunit4life 
space
space
$2,110 | Props total: 0 0
fu*k this lp is fu*kin unreal! i cant say CLASSIC as thats a big word to claim but u cant front or hate on this sh*t its a solid 8/10 GREAT DEBUT, J Cole didnt disaapoint on this Debut LP and he deserves every clap and sale and every fu*kin thank you he gets this sh*t goes hard even producing most of his tracks SOLID sh*t!!

ALL THESE TRACKS ARE HOT!

Cant Get Enough ft Tre Songz
In The Morning ft Drake
Nobodys Perfect ft Missy Elliot
Rise And Shine
Gods Gift
Cole World
Mr Nice Watch ft Jay-Z
Dollar and a Dream
Lights Please
Sideline Story
Work Out

sh*t i nearly named every track thats how hot this sh*t is! ROC NATION!!! 1!!!

THE IDIOTS WHO SAID ITS WEAK HORRIBLE? fu*k YALL ON SUM sh*t??

Last edited by gunit4life; 10-03-2011 at 05:04 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #108
The_skizal 
space
space
$78 | Props total: 0 0
propz
 6 years ago '04        #109
Alton85 
space
space
space
$274 | Props total: 31 31
far from a classic. Its like this n*gga was on a super tight budget. He needs to fall back from trying to sing his own hooks, thats not him. Most of his better tracks were produced by someone else and/or had a real singer on the hook. He got skills but he can go further if he stops being cheap and pay someone to sing his hooks
 10-09-2011, 12:38 AM         #110
Infamous B  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i voted 4/5, only because its too early to call it a classic, but like dude said, i cant remember the last time i listened to an album this good. dollar & a dream III is an EPIC entrance. mr nice watch is a sick fu*king song. dont understand why its getting the hate it is. and it transitions well into cole world. i wish he didnt put in the morning on there. other than that, there are NO skip tracks. the album is balanced, flows well, tells a story, and is creative. the beats are different enough to keep you entertained, but keep the tone of the album in perspective. cole's delivery is flawless. i was anticipating and fearing that this album would be a flop and ol boy proved me wrong. album of the year
 6 years ago '08        #111
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,568 | Props total: 2400 2400
This album really grew on me. Didn't do anything for me on the first couple of listens, but I love it now.
 10-10-2011, 08:40 PM         #112
illcastro  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ain't no j cole fan but its a good hip hop album.... 3/5 could have been a lil better
 6 years ago '05        #113
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1693 1693
 Cooked Brickz said:
This album really grew on me. Didn't do anything for me on the first couple of listens, but I love it now.
 6 years ago '04        #114
Scream @ Me 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,016 | Props total: 1906 1906
Good album, can't lie, was disappointed with "Lights Please" because it's old as fu*k, and he re-did it *why even bother retouching such a classic*, also "In The Morning" with Drake - that's been out for a minute, he could've done w/o - I think it was just a "hey, I got Drake on my album" kind of thing. If anything he should've did a new song with dude. Also the track with Jay-Z, 'Mr. Nice Watch' - I feel like his flow was lacking, no depth at all, and that's one of the reason's I like J. Cole, depth... He should've gotten Jay-Z on a track speaking about real sh*t...

And lastly, there's a bunch of "really, J.Cole" lines on here....

"Boy you can't out-fart me"
"The time is now, it couldn't be more here-er"...

Plus a few more that'll make you scratch ya head like, man, I expected more of and from you...

But, same time there's a few solid tracks on here, 'Sideline Story' being on of my favs. I'd give it about a 3.5 out of 5. Not classic. Not GREAT, but definitely good.
 10-12-2011, 06:21 PM         #115
Will4545  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
do he have the potential to out do jay-z when its all said and done.
 10-13-2011, 08:55 PM         #116
JirmarcusDupree  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I liked it, Its different.
 10-18-2011, 05:38 AM         #117
Stefan43  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 illcastro said:
ain't no j cole fan but its a good hip hop album.... 3/5 could have been a lil better
same here.
 6 years ago '04        #118
downtown33 
space
space
$1,094 | Props total: 0 0
not feelin this one, def liked the mixtapes better, gave it a 3, nowhere near a classic tho, not even on the level of friday night lights
 6 years ago '10        #119
Shhon 850 heat pts850
space
space
$19,291 | Props total: 23799 23799
4/5

great cd..
 10-25-2011, 10:18 PM         #120
VizionProd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
70 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
191 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
27 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
77 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
55 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
24 comments
20 hours ago