J.Cole - Cole World: The Sideline Story (2011)

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
77 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTensionCord Got Sent To Prison Cause He Post Court Info On IG & His..
34 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Thoughts on the album??
CLASSIC!!!! 148 28.41%
Great Debut.. 267 51.25%
Ok.. 77 14.78%
Weak.. 14 2.69%
Horrible.. 15 2.88%
Voters: 521. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 09-22-2011, 12:25 PM         #61
Cowboys All Day  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Left Hook said:
You got Coleverted to a fan
I was never a hater, I was just like ehhh cole's alright. This album is dope though, not classic but a k!ller debut.
 6 years ago '04        #62
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,193 | Props total: 3340 3340
Album is dope.

Nobody's Perfect ft. Missy Elliot, has an Amazing Energy! Love that sh*t, no filler on this album.

And just because someone is discussing some type of relationship with a female does not mean the song is a "girl song" lets grow up people. Get out here and kick it with some women and you will appreciate alot more of those songs, its just real sh*t being kicked in alot of those songs that get taken for granted.

4/5 one thing I will say is the majority of the production is similar, but I know its Cole's style and he rocks well to it.
 09-22-2011, 05:01 PM         #63
Shawn James  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it was alright, was expecting better...

some cuts are classic others are meh
 09-22-2011, 05:21 PM         #64
DCHunnie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
anyone have the DL link to this?
 6 years ago '10        #65
GBREEZE 261 heat pts261
space
space
$12,107 | Props total: 7558 7558
 J Rob said:
Classic.

Illmatic of our generation
n*gga GTFOH, that sh*t was ok @ best. Actually its fu*kin terrible considering all the time I waited to get this sh*t.

fu*k U J COLE
 6 years ago '07        #66
tacuna 320 12 heat pts12
space
space
$4,126 | Props total: 1350 1350
 GBREEZE said:
n*gga GTFOH, that sh*t was ok @ best. Actually its fu*kin terrible considering all the time I waited to get this sh*t.

fu*k U J COLE

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '09        #67
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
$8,832 | Props total: 1146 1146
3/5 he either talking about not having a dad or bi*ches on each track...
 6 years ago '11        #68
King Henry 548 heat pts548
space
space
$43,976 | Props total: 9979 9979
 mtva24 said:

This album was on point with the variety of topics.
 6 years ago '05        #69
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1694 1694
 mtva24 said:
Dollar And A Dream III = Nope
Mr. Nice Watch = Nope
Sideline Story = Nope
Cole World = Nope
God's Gift = Nope
Rise And Shine = Nope

But Never Told has a combination of both
 6 years ago '10        #70
illement 10 heat pts10
space
space
$12,489 | Props total: 1533 1533
I hate saying classic because you gotta let the sh*t soak in. I can see it being a timeless classic and sh*t other Rappers would want to follow up on. Including himself. He can look back on it and grow from it. No filler sh*t and even his singles aren't that pop sh*t that's usually on. It's a really personal and poetic album with a pretty decent production. Mr. Nice Watch sounds like a WTT throwaway, and kind of odd on the album, but Jigga k!lls it. Lost Ones, Rise and Shine, God's Gift, and Breakdown are just fantastic. Dollar and a Dream III WA a great intro song to get the album going. I liked the order of the tracks. It made the pacing much better when you listen to it straight through. I've listened to it like 12x straight and it's a really solid debut and album in general.

4.8/5 because of Mr. Nice Watch. Not a horrible song, just doesn't go with the the whole sideline theme. Because of Jay I guess it's ok, but not convinced until I spin it about a 100x lol
 6 years ago '06        #71
SaTown's Finest 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,661 | Props total: 590 590
I had to give it a 4.5/5 on first few listens. The sequence of Nobody's Perfect to Breakdown is incredible. Plus the production on Nobody's Perfect, Rise and Shine, God's Gift and Breakdown show that he has gradually improved on his productions skills too. Jay-Z hopped on the wrong track. Anything from 11-15 would've gave us classic Jay. I hope he gets to submit a track for his next album as both a producer and guest artist because he does give off that ambiance of old Jay at times but also Jermaine Cole. I've probably played Rise and Shine about 20 times already. That song is on some classic Kanye sh!t. Missy doing the un-norm for her and bringing back that Aaliyah vibe on Nobody's Perfect is just what he needs for single material. Urban Radio would attach to that song instantly.
 6 years ago '05        #72
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1694 1694
I agree with the last two posts. That's pretty much how I feel about the album

... still playing it. It'll be interesting to see what he's come up with for the second album.
 6 years ago '09        #73
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,072 | Props total: 1120 1120
Just wanted to say I still stand by my 3/5 rating but I had a chance to listen to this album today in my Beats by Dre headphones and it makes you appreciate the production more and the album as awhole is alot more enjoyable when you can hear the layers of the songs. Cole's will have a long future as being a talented MC and producer hybrid.
 6 years ago '05        #74
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,106 | Props total: 4237 4237
homie nice on them keys ..... feelin' that sideline story, breakdown and the missy feature (good to hear shorty after gettin that diagnosis)

didn't know he was producing most of his album.... thought he was an occasional beat maker....but i think that's where he fukked up, n*gga u on the Roc... call up Blaze, Ye, Get the nastiest beatmakers on yah sh*t.... he did that No I.D. beat no justice at all....he should of got way deeper than that

album filled with mediocre bars.... better than wayne but still bland

Last edited by JimDinO77; 09-23-2011 at 02:38 AM..
 6 years ago '07        #75
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4207 4207
i usually hate rappers that make women songs, because alot of them n*ggas are cheesy and corny with the sh*t, but j -cole's bi*ch songs are very on point, and are very ll cool jish, and tupacish with the bi*ch songs. and the other songs on this cd are fire. the missy elliot track was fire too.
 6 years ago '05        #76
Rubix 
space
space
$8,495 | Props total: 828 828
Solid album. I was expecting this sh*t to be stronger than an ambien cuz cole can get boring really quick. That mr nice watch track is fu*ken terrible. Its fu*ken obnoxious. The lyrics..man fu*k that bullsh*t. Glad he didn't have too many featured artists either. Definitely better than c4..
 6 years ago '06        #77
sunsetnVine 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$8,772 | Props total: 3716 3716
 TSweeze said:
I'd say 8/10 after 4-5 listens all the way through. I love that he included older songs and like the person before me didn't have alot of Mr Nice Watch bullsh*t. Parts of the album is spectacular and some hit or miss because they are directed to girls.
is 3.75/5 or 8/10 pretty good debut... messed up about the leak. Ill cop off itunes tho
 6 years ago '05        #78
heeznutz 
space
space
$2,209 | Props total: 298 298
Great debut , classic...........NO!!!!!
 09-23-2011, 01:28 PM         #79
DCHunnie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
anybody got the link??
 09-23-2011, 03:27 PM         #80
Shakespeare  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think people need to rethink their definition of what classifies a "classic"
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
122 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
88 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
172 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
19 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
49 comments
23 hours ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy