J.Cole - Cole World: The Sideline Story (2011)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
36 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
120 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Thoughts on the album??
CLASSIC!!!! 148 28.41%
Great Debut.. 267 51.25%
Ok.. 77 14.78%
Weak.. 14 2.69%
Horrible.. 15 2.88%
Voters: 521. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #21
bc718 86 heat pts86
space
space
space
$304 | Props total: 9 9
where the link..
 09-20-2011, 07:40 PM         #22
okplayboy2001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all yall iggaz clicking on Classic need to be shot!..i dont think yall even know what a fu*king classic is
 6 years ago '06        #23
1OverJordan24 122 heat pts122
space
space
$3,947 | Props total: 978 978
it's ok
 6 years ago '10        #24
acegutta22 199 heat pts199
space
space
$8,323 | Props total: 5434 5434
great debut not classic
 6 years ago '07        #25
nastynoble 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,748 | Props total: 126 126
great debut. i am completely disappointed at how he put "in the morning", "lights please", and other older songs on there.

his album was supposed to drop in july and got pushed back to late september, i would have thought this n*gga would have put in more work into creating new unheard tracks.

regardless those old songs he put on have been dope.

4/5
 09-20-2011, 08:43 PM         #26
RurourniK  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
After a few spins, I can easily say this was the one of the best albums of 2011.

Even though I've heard a large part of the songs, this sh*t still was fiyah. Dollar and a Dream III, God's Gift, Rise and Shine, Break Down > make this one of his dopest drops yet. I'm not a big fan of the singles but I don't mind them. Even the skits were on point, that interlude had me rolling. Easily for me a 4.75/5. Maybe after a few more listens I'll even give it a higher score.

Cole World.
 6 years ago '11        #27
CarlozRossi 46 heat pts46
space
space
$5,855 | Props total: 3794 3794
I give it a 4.5.

Almost classic but not quite there yet. This is on only a couple of listens all the way through. Not something you can blast in the whip except for maybe a couple of tracks. but musically, its amazing. Maybe because being an artist trying to make it in the game myself, I can really relate to it on a personal level. I will definitely be copping this album when it drops though...
 6 years ago '11        #28
King Henry 547 heat pts547
space
space
$43,965 | Props total: 9855 9855
 nastynoble said:
great debut. i am completely disappointed at how he put "in the morning", "lights please", and other older songs on there.

his album was supposed to drop in july and got pushed back to late september, i would have thought this n*gga would have put in more work into creating new unheard tracks.

regardless those old songs he put on have been dope.

4/5
He made Nobody's Perfect a few weeks ago. Hence the Barbados line (where he shot Can't Get Enough). He also made Mr. Nice Watch and God's Gift like a month or two ago. All the old sh*t he pushed back will be on his 2nd album. Wet Dreams for one
 6 years ago '04        #29
diplomat 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,340 | Props total: 16 16
 6 years ago '07        #30
Escobar97 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,661 | Props total: 563 563
Yo that Lost One is a fu*king gem, takes alot to make a effort like that that sh*t litterally had me in chills while driving the album is strong as fu*k I say 4.5/5 Just cuz WTT came out this year too and Musically that sh*t set the bar for this year, any other year I'd say this is the release of the year but WTT>Life

ya'll n*ggas gonna get butthurt but im starting to think Cole is the 2011 Pac, except hes gonna be better, just his subject matter, delivery, poetry, and story telling skills are very reminiscent of pac, at least to me anyway.

Cole World!
 6 years ago '06        #31
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,519 | Props total: 6743 6743
that many people voting classic
the d!ckriding is out of control.

the album is ok a 2.5 out of 5
 6 years ago '10        #32
HardBody81 
space
space
space
$195 | Props total: 1 1
4/5

The radio songs pissed me off cause they messed the flow and the deepness of the album up, but hey he gotta get payed.
 6 years ago '04        #33
JordanMPM 7 heat pts
space
space
$5,010 | Props total: 226 226
 Chater said:
Mr Nice Watch doesnt fit at all. Dollar & A Dream is a great listen, as is Lost Ones.
Solid debut
Weakest track on the album... it doesn't fit the hip-hop feeling production.. I could have made a better beat than the HOVA collabo!
 09-20-2011, 10:07 PM         #34
Cowboys All Day  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Solid debut, Cole world >>>>>>>>>>C4
 6 years ago '10        #35
MANNYSOSA 15 heat pts15
space
space
$3,529 | Props total: 1715 1715
sounds like a mix of the warm up and friday night lights condensed into 1 disc still good though
 6 years ago '07        #36
Blaksentinel 
space
space
$1,424 | Props total: 868 868
It's a very good debut album. The veteran Cole fans are gonna notice the old tracks on there but it doesn't hurt the album at all. 4/5.
 09-20-2011, 10:57 PM         #37
hody08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I HATE being that guy that calls an album classic within a week let alone a few days of listening, but I can't remember the last time I listened to an album this great.... 9.3/10, sh*t might def be a classic.
 6 years ago '11        #38
knuckleHeads2 
space
space
$1,462 | Props total: 597 597
 esvi said:
its like telling eva mendes to stop blowing you fore she even starts to unzip your pants

FUlly Agree
 6 years ago '11        #39
SomeOnesoN 202 heat pts202
space
space
$17,232 | Props total: 1236 1236
 shaquir13 said:
first album i wont vote for in first week ima vote in a week or two
why? because you wanna see what the critics say and see what the record sales are like?

I voted classic, but it's an in-between.. I hate using the word classic, but this is his first debut and this is the first impression from how his other albums are going to be compared to. This is one of my favorite albums of the year, and one of the most anticipated.. Didn't let me down, only thing that kinda let me down was the tracks he didn't throw in there, and I thought Lights Please was going to be a little revised.

I felt a lot of these tracks on some relatable sh*t.. Dollar and a Dream 3>>>

edit: another thing about the word Classic.. Some albums/songs aren't even considered a classic for sometimes years, so for it to be labeled that may need some time to soak in. I just hate it being titled Classic because of "record sales" instead of how the album actually is from production and content.

Last edited by SomeOnesoN; 09-20-2011 at 11:35 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #40
GROUCHCARTEL 97 heat pts97
space
space
$4,294 | Props total: 5 5
This album is a 3/5..I respect his ambition in trying to be a complete artist but his production is boring.He needed some heat to bring him out of his comfort zone.He could have focused on writing and song structure and let the beats be handled by others.He is a great lyricist but honestly the music was just boring.Glad he kept Lights out and lost ones on there cause if not his rating would have gone down..Next time Cole..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
261 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
102 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
30 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
97 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy