Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
127 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
72 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '12        #641
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,982 | Props total: 1244 1244
 Esdot said:
Now I by far a Budden fan, but his debut is a lot better than Cole's.
What in the flying fu*k is this fu*kery??????
 6 years ago '12        #642
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,982 | Props total: 1244 1244
 thegoldenhero said:
i think budden way better especially lyrically but cole at least was able to put a album together cole world > his debut album and padded room
I was refering to the fact that dude was sayin the production wasnt good enough.. But yet hes a Budden stan lol

In no way shape or form was I comparing the 2 artists.
 6 years ago '09        #643
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,205 | Props total: 19300 19300
 Esdot said:
You apparently didnt listen to it when it released. Everyone was bumping it for months
na i did i just have a different opinion than you...big budden fan but didn't like his debut album much it's the weakest thing in his discography imo he has gotten better than that...Cole album is better than that album in basically every single way as far as i am concerned
 6 years ago '08        #644
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,097 | Props total: 23289 23289
why the fu*k are dudes bringing up budden in here?
 6 years ago '07        #645
killa55 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$2,132 | Props total: 122 122
I'm a staunch Jcole fan. HUGE fan. I had really high expectations, stratospheric even, for this album. And it turns out they were too high. I am disappointed thats the only word to describe my feelings towards this debut. It is NOT a bad album. There are some fire tracks on here for sure. But overall I expected more. Maybe much more from Cole. Its a solid project but in my opinion between the time we waited, the recycled tracks (fire or not), and the sheer hype (I'm guilty of it too maybe hence some of my disappointment is self-inflicted) It left me wanting more. I feel a lil let down as a Jcole fan.

Edit- forgot to say I will by the album 2x copies and its in da whip. Coleworld

Last edited by killa55; 09-20-2011 at 01:12 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #646
prexero 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$431 | Props total: 339 339
Dope record, I wasn't let down..
 6 years ago '08        #647
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,564 | Props total: 2393 2393
10 tracks in and it's alright. Best track to me so far is "Lost Ones", with "Dollar and a Dream III" not too far behind.
 6 years ago '08        #648
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
 killa55 said:
I'm a staunch Jcole fan. HUGE fan. I had really high expectations, stratospheric even, for this album. And it turns out they were too high. I am disappointed thats the only word to describe my feelings towards this debut. It is NOT a bad album. There are some fire tracks on here for sure. But overall I expected more. Maybe much more from Cole. Its a solid project but in my opinion between the time we waited, the recycled tracks (fire or not), and the sheer hype (I'm guilty of it too maybe hence some of my disappointment is self-inflicted) It left me wanting more. I feel a lil let down as a Jcole fan.
this post is why I always keep my expectations in check with everything from movies to games. Early buzz, reviews, and etc are taken with a grain of salt and I stay away letting my imagination create what I think it will sound like because in the past its always led to disappointment. Even when something was truly great I still came away with just a lil bit of disappointment.
 6 years ago '08        #649
I.J. 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,351 | Props total: 595 595
Cole World!!
 6 years ago '07        #650
killa55 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$2,132 | Props total: 122 122
 Ghost Writer said:
lol at your word choice. You just can't hold an album to that high of standards now a days. Especially when you're a true fan. Most true fans of any artist are fans based on the music put out uninfluenced by label execs and so on. Which I'm sure was the case with you (me as well). You just can't expect an album produced from a major label to live up to the hype you've created by listening to Cole's mixtapes. That's how I look at it. I know I won't necessarily enjoy it in the way I do Cole's mixtapes but I have an open mind and am excited to hear Cole on some more refined type of tracks.

That and when I appreciate and respect an artist, I truly want them to succeed. So the pop type fillers don't bother me because if that's what it takes for Cole to make some money then so be it. In my eyes he deserves it after the endless amount of hours he contributed to my entertainment for free via his mixtapes.
i concur with your thoughts. I still want him to do well. wish him the best and will be a supported. I just got caught up (something i normally dont do) he still put out a solid project and i am def bumpin it. the greatest insight u had was retail is a different beast than mixtapes. Coleworld
 6 years ago '06        #651
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
 Hiphopknowledge said:
Why do people judge an album off of its first listen?
only took 917 tries to make a non-retarded post
 09-20-2011, 01:21 PM         #652
2D.... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Esdot said:
You apparently didnt listen to it when it released. Everyone was bumping it for months
if by everyone, you mean you and 3 other people, then yeah i guess so...
 09-20-2011, 01:29 PM         #653
ThatHustle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dope tracks, so far...

Cole World! ->

Rise And Shine! ->

Gods Gift! ->
 6 years ago '08        #654
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
 Hiphopknowledge said:
Why do people judge an album off of its first listen?
for me, the only times I couldn't tell whether something was good or great was when I had preconceived ideas about how good or bad it was. That's why I said I don't read much into reviews anymore unless I see it or hear it for myself. At the end of the day if I go in neutral and think something is great on the first listen, then its great.

There's no real reason to listen to some sh*t I just thought was meh another 10 times just to mindfu*k myself into giving it a higher or lower score I've listened to enough music to know what I do and don't fu*k with.
 6 years ago '08        #655
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,564 | Props total: 2393 2393
Average album.

On to Phonte's now.
 09-20-2011, 01:41 PM         #656
RurourniK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
After a few spins, I can easily say this was the one of the best albums of 2011.

Even though I've heard a large part of the songs, this sh*t still was fiyah. Dollar and a Dream III, God's Gift, Rise and Shine, Break Down > make this one of his dopest drops yet. I'm not a big fan of the singles but I don't mind them. Even the skits were on point, that interlude had me rolling. Easily for me a 4.75/5. Maybe after a few more listens I'll even give it a higher score.

Cole World.
 6 years ago '04        #657
Marccoogs19 180 heat pts180
space
space
$10,629 | Props total: 6140 6140
Boxden is the worst site in the world to discuss on, when it comes to new music coming out. Either you like or you dont. Who gives a fu*k what anybody else thinks.
 6 years ago '06        #658
Frontz 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,696 | Props total: 98 98
its a decent album, tgheres room for growth, which is always good.
 6 years ago '11        #659
pbballin 20 heat pts20
space
space
$9,919 | Props total: 1642 1642
I like the album so far on track 12 now, and showing support to my NC cat, but n*gga talks too much about fu*kin though....it's cool to talk about it every ones in awhile....but you would think this n*gga is Kelz
 6 years ago '08        #660
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,720 | Props total: 12137 12137
You're stoopid if you not fu*kin with this album...dude finally dropped and when he did he dropped a jewel
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
40 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
87 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Fans Find Doo Doo Condoms and Lube While Digging into Zac Efrons Trash!
227 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
92 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
51 comments
18 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
68 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Black In Crew: Chicago Baddie & Potential “No PullOut” Candidate
54 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
31 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy