Phat ass white girl for real
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
130 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
45 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
37 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #141
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418 OP
space
space
$18,667 | Props total: 4418 4418
“Take me to your leader.” - David Robert Jones

Many highly creative people have themes that they continue to mine over the course of their careers. Tim Burton has his daddy issues. J.J. Abrams’ hero, Steven Spielberg, is obsessed with staying a child forever. Abrams himself is apparently very taken with parallels. Timelines, universes, lives, storylines, sides of a triangle, whatever. He can’t get enough.

He toyed with parallelism thematically in Alias, went full-tilt boogie with it on Lost and set off a bomb in Star Trek so big that it launched a whole new universe. That said, I thought that Lost would go down as the pinnacle of his alt-world storytelling. How could I not? It set a new standard for complex long-form plot structure involving multiple timelines, time travel and pseudo-religious pluralism in a weekly hour-long drama. The only two shows to try even one of those before were Quantum Leap and Dallas.

I was wrong.

It has taken three and a half seasons, but Fringe is showing itself to be the show Abrams wanted to make all along. I don’t know how much day-to-day involvement Abrams has with Fringe (and with his film career, it can’t be too much), but it has his fingerprints all over it. Perhaps after the sprawl Lost sunk into before setting an end date revitalized it, Abrams planned Fringe all the way to the finale from day one. I don’t know, and I don’t care. What I do care about is that Fringe may go down as the only show I will ever watch that has gotten consistently better as it has gone on. It seems almost inevitable that the finale, whenever it comes, will be the finest episode of the series.

Though we saw the return of Jared Harris as David Robert Jones for a moment last week, his full return was this week, and it was worth the wait. Cold, calculating and oh so smug, it’s no wonder Guy Ritchie wanted him for Moriarty in Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows. Now fully revealed as the puppetmaster of the new shapeshifters (of which alt-Broyles appears to be one) he steps out of the darkness and into the spotlight. Particularly good is his interrogation scene with Peter. For the first time, Jones meets someone he should be afraid of, and Harris manages to convey that spasm of fear with the slightest tick around his eyes while never dropping his smooth air of superiority.

Jones’ machinations drive the plot, from his capture and eventual release (via blackmail) to his clever evasion of Fringe Division with the help of alt-Broyles. Meanwhile, Walternate’s wife Elizabeth gets increased screen time as she tries to convince Walter to help Peter return to his own timeline.

The largest pleasure of this episode, however, is in finally seeing all our heroes in one room, united against a common enemy. This was something we thought (and hoped) we might get around the same point last season, but thankfully the writers knew better and put it off for a year. Why is that better? Because every single emotional beat in this episode parallels a corresponding moment that we’ve seen before, going both a few episodes back as well as all the way to the first season. Emotional payoffs that were denied are now granted. Scenes that are familiar play out differently and bring closure to some old wounds.

This may sound similar to the final season of Lost with its alternate timeline where the plane never crashed. The difference is that on Lost the audience was kept in the dark as to how that timeline fit in with all that had come before it. Here there is no such mystery, and as a result we can focus entirely on the characters, their interactions and how every new plot development affects their relationships.

This week’s cliffhanger reveals that Nina Sharp is Jones’ silent partner. Blair Brown has been a small but important cast member this season. With two universes to cover, her screen time has been minimal, but it looks like that’s about to change. The last time we saw her was when she and her goons broke into Olivia’s apartment and pumped Olivia full of drugs. Take that and add in tonight’s revelation that she’s in league with Jones, and it will be difficult to go long stretches of story without bringing her in.

Despite the tap dance by Fox’s Kevin Reilly last week regarding Fringe’s future, it seems inconceivable that the show will continue beyond this season. Judging by this episode, the folks making the show appear to be starting to pay off on the early promise of the show. If the second half of the season is as good as its beginning, the next few months will be a great time to be a Fringe fan.

Closing thoughts:

-“Enemy of My Enemy” was supposed to be the midseason premiere, and last week’s “Back to Where You’ve Never Been” was intended as the fall finale. While both would have served those purposes well, this season’s pacing feels intentionally built for full season binge viewing. While I may occasionally wish things sped up a little here or there, most of my issues stem from Fox’s irregular airing calendar. I’ll bet this season plays like gangbusters watched in a weekend marathon session.

-While Jared Harris is excellent (honestly, there’s really not a bad apple in the bunch), John Noble has been the show’s secret weapon since the pilot. The fact that he has now played FOUR different version of Walter (granted, so are Anna Torv and others, but Noble gets the most screen time and the four Walters have more variations than the other characters) and manages to make them all unique and believable is worth tuning in for all by itself.

6 years ago '05        #142
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
Is Broyles from the alternative universe a shapeshifter?
 6 years ago '07        #143
space
space
 Wasted said:
Is Broyles from the alternative universe a shapeshifter?
Not confirmed, but we have been led to believe Broyles and Nina are shapeshifters.
 6 years ago '11        #144
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,337 | Props total: 8506 8506
 kyhoopsgoat said:
Not confirmed, but we have been led to believe Broyles and Nina are shapeshifters.
I thought Nina was giving Jones orders.... and he created the shapeshifters.
 6 years ago '04        #145
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,079 | Props total: 4425 4425
 Ghostface Wu said:
I'm going to be supremely pissed if Fringe gets the axe. I mean Supernatural has lasted 7 seasons on the CW network for christ sake.
i think its getting another season the same people are watching every week and watching on hulu so its consistent
 6 years ago '04        #146
space
space
 kyhoopsgoat said:
They did know, what are you talking about? How do you think they knew they needed a door stop and Peter closed the portal, cutting Jones in half?
peter told them what to do

when peter mentioned it him it was the first time any of them had ever heard of him they pulled up the file in the original universe and said he was a guy who escaped prison

i really need to go back and watch this show again because there so much i forgot
 6 years ago '06        #147
droid3000 996 heat pts996
space
space
$26,489 | Props total: 26290 26290
the scene where emily was recreating her "visions" was amazing.

@white people wanting to blow shiit when things go bad lol

Last edited by droid3000; 01-28-2012 at 11:55 AM..
 6 years ago '07        #148
space
space
The glyphs spelled out March.

In the next episode, it appears that an Observer may be k!lling people. In fact, it may be March who betrayed and shot September?

Also, #FRINGE went up to a 1.2 ratings in 18-49's 3,373,000 viewers, BUT Grimm + CSI NY weren't broadcast last night so viewer might have switched over to Fringe.
 6 years ago '04        #149
space
space
 jesusplay said:
stop being racist you ni99er.

anyways.

this was another fu*king filler episode with only about 5 minutes dedicated to one of the two main plots:

petter going home.

and why is nina giving oliva cortexafan and teaming with jones...
it wasnt a filler episode dumbass if that was the case then the entire first 2 seasons are filler episodes

the premise of the show isnt getting peter home or alternative universes collapsing or shapeshifters its exploring scientific boundaries and theories

alot of this epsiode dealt with olivia thinking she could die any moment and it was a great episode

its crazy how without peter they didnt even know who and what the observers are

Last edited by MosDefinition; 01-28-2012 at 02:35 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #150
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
Let me get this straight.

The was one universe where Peter, Walter and Olivia got on fine. Then that universe got split into two universes (Original and Alternative).

Then Peter got deleted from both Universes and a "3rd Universe" was made (Merging of Original and Alternative without knowledge of Peter existing).

Now Peter has arrived at the 3rd Universe and wants to get back to the original universe.

But isn't this 3rd Universe the one we are watching THE Original universe? - just with his existence after he was abducted deleted?

How is Peter getting back tot he original universe when THIS IS the original? - just with his existence deleted.

I mean if he travelled back in time to the original timelime at that stage in season 1, he would still have to get in that machine and would still have to "die"
 6 years ago '04        #151
space
space
 Wasted said:
Let me get this straight.

The was one universe where Peter, Walter and Olivia got on fine. Then that universe got split into two universes (Original and Alternative).

Then Peter got deleted from both Universes and a "3rd Universe" was made (Merging of Original and Alternative without knowledge of Peter existing).

Now Peter has arrived at the 3rd Universe and wants to get back to the original universe.

But isn't this 3rd Universe the one we are watching THE Original universe? - just with his existence after he was abducted deleted?

How is Peter getting back tot he original universe when THIS IS the original? - just with his existence deleted.

I mean if he travelled back in time to the original timelime at that stage in season 1, he would still have to get in that machine and would still have to "die"
he didnt get deleted im guessing he got transported to the 3rd alternate reality where the observer didnt save the 4th version of peter even though he knew how important he was

this show needs another season now just to get back to where they were at the end of last season
 6 years ago '04        #152
space
space
i think its best not to even try and figure it out on your own and just watch where they take the story
 6 years ago '05        #153
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
 MosDefinition said:
he didnt get deleted im guessing he got transported to the 3rd alternate reality where the observer didnt save the 4th version of peter even though he knew how important he was

this show needs another season now just to get back to where they were at the end of last season

Observer said he was removed to save the universe but his memories still leaks through, hence why he is back. But its the SAME universe just merged with the alternative one.

There is no "3rd universe/reality" or 4th Peter.

6 years ago '11        #154
space
space
All I know is Olivia opened her mouth about the Watchers saying something, Peter is gonna find out and freak out because that means "his" Olivia will likely die....

And to Wasted, think of it as 2 sets of universes one with Peter, one without
 6 years ago '10        #155
nigga123 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,838 | Props total: 1489 1489
Feels like there are too many universes and timelines. I want season 3 timeline back dammit!!!
 6 years ago '04        #156
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,410 | Props total: 3474 3474
This show jumped the shark like 2 seasons ago.

What the fu*k is even going on now?

This is getting beyond ridiculous.
 6 years ago '04        #157
space
space
 A.G said:
This show jumped the shark like 2 seasons ago.

What the fu*k is even going on now?

This is getting beyond ridiculous.
what do u mean?

all of the fringe events were caused by walter crossing over and the zft all of that wopuldnt have happened had it not been for walter crossing over and he and william bells experiments

peter should not exist walter crossing over universes to save peter created a tear in the universe peter even though walter saved him still should have died the observer shouldnt have saved him in order to fix the universes peter shouldnt have existed so the machine erased him

the observer who saved him was supposed to completely erase him but he didnt. Walternate is no longer bad because he never obsessed over getting his son back

if youve watched from the beginning it all makes sense its not a show you can just jump into
 6 years ago '11        #158
space
space
 jesusplay said:
It looks like the blue timeline is coming back in effect because of peter presence?
Yeah I think sh*t might be correcting itself
 6 years ago '04        #159
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,410 | Props total: 3474 3474
 MosDefinition said:
what do u mean?

all of the fringe events were caused by walter crossing over and the zft all of that wopuldnt have happened had it not been for walter crossing over and he and william bells experiments

peter should not exist walter crossing over universes to save peter created a tear in the universe peter even though walter saved him still should have died the observer shouldnt have saved him in order to fix the universes peter shouldnt have existed so the machine erased him

the observer who saved him was supposed to completely erase him but he didnt. Walternate is no longer bad because he never obsessed over getting his son back

if youve watched from the beginning it all makes sense its not a show you can just jump into
I can make sense of the show, but it's just too convoluted and lacks a real focus. It seems like the writers are just piling on crap just for the hell of it, and we'll get a bunch of questions with half-assed answers a la Lost. Congrats to JJ Abrams for another show being a complete clusterfu*k. There's no wonder why the ratings of the show have gone down dramatically and FOX is unlikely to renew it.

They're rehashing a bunch of themes from the past for an episode or two and then completely neglecting it and going to a completely irrelevant topic like the Asian dude and the little girl with her drawings.

What about Nina and her relationship with Jones? What about her relationship with Olivia and why she's been gassing her? Did all of the shapeshifters just suddenly disappear after being all over the place only a handful of episodes ago? I guess they'll show a 2 second clip in the "Previously on Fringe" recap and it'll be all good.

I used to LOVE this show, but it has seriously fallen off. I don't even remember a show going from great to mediocre this precipitously. .
 6 years ago '05        #160
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
There is too many pointless fillers.

Season 4 so far to me is.

Ep 1 - timeline
Ep 2 Random fringe event
Ep 3 Random fringe event
Ep 4 Random fringe event
Ep 5 - Timeline
Ep 6 Random fringe event
Ep 7 - Timeline
Ep 8 Random fringe event
Ep 9 Random fringe event
Ep 10 Random fringe event
Ep 11 Random fringe event
Ep 12- Timeline
Ep 13 Random fringe event
Ep 14 Random fringe event

Home      

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
98 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
41 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
63 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
266 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
72 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
173 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
29 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
108 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy