Fringe Season 4 Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
129 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
95 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
148 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #41
Ph8te 
space
space
space
$453 | Props total: 40 40
 Reppindaburghh said:
It's a fact that Peter will be back in the main cast this season. That was never really in question. And at that point all the memories will be restored, you're right. But as of right now those memories are gone, and certain things that we witnessed happen didn't actually happen. I'll be a little disapointed if they just call a mulligan and bring Peter back without explaining what is going on in the minds of Oliva/Walter/etc right NOW while the timeline consists of Peter never existing as an adult.
Give the writers more credit then that. So far they have done a pretty good job with the show ;). I also think we will get some answers, but not everything will be explained. So e of it just has to be a.ssumed. With all that's happened it could take two seasons to explain everything ;). Well probably have Peter back towards the end of the season with the final 5-6 episodes dedicated to the finale and bringing us to the bridge for next season (if there is one).

BTW I'm calling it now that Lee will fall in love with Olivia like the alter-Lee did with Bolivia. Much like over there though she will treat him more as a friend since her heart belongs to someone else.
 6 years ago '11        #42
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,335 | Props total: 8499 8499
I thought it interesting they chose now to bring Lee in in our universe. I miss Charlie Dude was crazy as fu*k in Oz and he was good as a fed in this show.
 6 years ago '05        #43
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,449 | Props total: 7095 7095
 PotheadFocker said:
I thought it interesting they chose now to bring Lee in in our universe. I miss Charlie Dude was crazy as fu*k in Oz and he was good as a fed in this show.
Check out the show "Prime Suspect". Just premiered this week, only one episode deep so far. Great cast, great acting, great writing. Should be a solid show, and Charlie is one of the main cops.
 6 years ago '11        #44
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
Check out the show "Prime Suspect". Just premiered this week, only one episode deep so far. Great cast, great acting, great writing. Should be a solid show, and Charlie is one of the main cops.
Thanks for the info. Propped

6 years ago '04        #45
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,078 | Props total: 4425 4425
 Ph8te said:
It really depends on the circumstances, as we dont know what events have/have not happened because of Peters disappearance. Since there are so many things that happened with Peter, a lot of people are having a tough time wrapping their head around the fact that now he never existed. I don't think I have ever seen a show do this with a main character since would F so many people up in the head (which apparently it has).
I'm sure they are gonna explain it that's why its not really bothering only the season premier has happened in this new world so they haven't even had a chance to explain anything
 6 years ago '04        #46
space
space
looks like
[spoiler - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #47
subway series 69 heat pts69
space
space
$2,994 | Props total: 1428 1428
alternate broyles died how is he back now?
 6 years ago '04        #48
space
space
 subway series said:
alternate broyles died how is he back now?
peter discovered fauxlivia and broke her cover which without peter never gets discovered because no one knows her well enough to

olivia in this timeline was kidnapped and not captured and probably returned meaning that alternate broyles in this timeline never tried to help here escape

but thats merely a guess
 6 years ago '04        #49
space
space
or maybe she found a way to escape with out his help

her powers are activated under extreme stress so maybe she just teleported herself back again thats a guess
 6 years ago '04        #50
Ph8te 
space
space
space
$453 | Props total: 40 40
 MosDefinition said:
peter discovered fauxlivia and broke her cover which without peter never gets discovered because no one knows her well enough to

olivia in this timeline was kidnapped and not captured and probably returned meaning that alternate broyles in this timeline never tried to help here escape

but thats merely a guess
I agree more with this. There was no need for him to help Olivia, thus he was never k!lled. Since Olivi a was kidnapped, they ei ther used someone else tomeven out the mass, or had a totally different method of getting her back.

As far as this episode goes it was very good for an "off mythos" episode. Well written and well acted. They did give some insight into how the bridge happened and a few other events, but it probably wasn't as detailed as some people would like. I think well see small leaks like this for th e 1st half ofmthe season with Oetermcoming back closer to the end and have the last epiosdes set up next season.

So far IMO this season is off to a great start. We have had two episodes that were well written and acted. If this is any indication of the rest of the season this might be the best one yet.
 6 years ago '05        #51
bullack86 34 heat pts34
space
space
$2,300 | Props total: 128 128
 Reppindaburghh said:
I understand everything you are saying, but that still doesn't answer my question. When Walter and Olivia look at that big a.ss machine in that facility, what are they looking at? Why do they think it exists if they believe Peter never existed as an adult? I understand what you're saying, but you're not understanding what I'm saying apparently. Fringe is one of my favorite shows, I'm not talking sh*t on it, just pointing out a flaw in the story.
Last sentence... Who the fu*k are you to say what's a flaw in their story and what's not? Stfu....
 6 years ago '05        #52
space
space
 bullack86 said:
Last sentence... Who the fu*k are you to say what's a flaw in their story and what's not? Stfu....
I am simply saying if what I was asking does not end up being explained, it's a flaw in the story. Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's a fact. Why don't you articulate a legitimate response next time?

at you acting like since it's "their" story, it makes sense no matter what it's about. A story still has to make sense in order to be a good story, no matter who's story it is. If you read the rest of my posts, I clearly say there is still plenty of time for them to explain the sh*t I'm talking about.

Last edited by ReppinDaBurghh; 10-01-2011 at 11:40 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #53
bullack86 34 heat pts34
space
space
$2,300 | Props total: 128 128
 Reppindaburghh said:
I am simply saying if what I was asking does not end up being explained, it's a flaw in the story. Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's a fact. Why don't you articulate a legitimate response next time?

at you acting like since it's "their" story, it makes sense no matter what it's about. A story still has to make sense in order to be a good story, no matter who's story it is. If you read the rest of my posts, I clearly say there is still plenty of time for them to explain the sh*t I'm talking about.
Brah, you act like YOU are a credible critic that needs to be pleased. Have you ever really watched the show? If so, you'd know that what SEEMS to not make sense always gets explained later.
 6 years ago '05        #54
space
space
 bullack86 said:
Brah, you act like YOU are a credible critic that needs to be pleased. Have you ever really watched the show? If so, you'd know that what SEEMS to not make sense always gets explained later.
I've watched the show since day one. You act like YOU are one to discredit my opinion and label me an unreliable critic.

Calm down, I'm not insulting your favorite show. I've clearly said this is one of my top 5 shows currently on TV and I have stated plenty of positive things about it. You say everything that seems not to make sense always gets explained later, there has never been a point in this shows history where so much sh*t was left unexplained. There are a BUNCH of glaring questions that I am simply saying I hope they answer. I don't know whats so hard to understand about that.

Hell, I haven't even watched the 2nd episode yet so a few of them may have already been answered.
 6 years ago '05        #55
space
space
Cool second episode. Can't wait to see how they officially bring Peter back into play. I see it happening soon though, within the next handful of episodes.
 6 years ago '04        #56
space
space
I think u guys have to be patient they are going to explain it they will probably have a back story episode like they do every season

One thing I didn't notice last night but read is the little thing like olivia k!lled her stepfather I forgot all about how he used to send her birthday cards

Its one of those things where when peter was a kid he prob someway kept her from k!lling him
 6 years ago '07        #57
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418 OP
space
space
$18,667 | Props total: 4416 4416
I like the fact they are building storyline with Lincoln on our side and that with Peter gone things have changed in both worlds (ex. Broyles alive in Alt., Olivia k!lling her stepfather)

We are not going to see Peter back other than random appearances like an Observer. Pretty much confirmed below in a chat with executive producers Jeff Pinkner and Joel Wyman on how they'll deal with Peter's absence and whether new series regular Lincoln is Peter's temporary (or permanent) replacement.

[Warning: Minor spoilers up ahead.]

"Without spoiling anything, we're not going to drag it out until the point of frustration," Pinkner says of Peter's disappearance introduced in last season's closer.

And while "the story is not going to be wrapped up quickly," Pinkner reassures that when Peter "does return, it's not a simple, oh, he's back and all is well. (John Noble told THR recently that Peter would be back "earlier" rather than later.) Clearly all is not the same as it was and that's not going to change anytime soon." When asked whether Peter would have the same history and memories from the beginning of the series, Pinkner was adamant on not revealing much: "You know us. We don't like to spoil too much."

Though viewers are already familiar with Lincoln Lee (Gabel), the version of the character "over here," narratively speaking, is filling the void left by Peter. But Wyman hinted that "emotionally," Lincoln is "definitely not" taking on the Peter role.

"Peter is Peter and what he brings and what he is, is not lost," he explains. "It should be clear that we're not saying that the last three seasons didn't happen. That's not what we're saying at all. Peter's still very relevant. But narratively, [Lincoln] represents a very important thematic element that we are focusing on this year. He's important to the plot and the story that way. We're always coming from a place of theme, so he's a metaphor for a couple of things we're trying to get across this year."

In the first two episodes of the new season, the producers are tasking viewers to take note of which universe ("over here" or "over there") will see more drastic changes.

"His influence on the alt universe has been much less significant and in the history of our show, far more recent. So the fact that he 'never existed,' the difference is on our side and felt more specifically and significantly than the differences on the other side," Pinkner says, "where presumably the Fringe team is exactly as we found them back in Season 2."

He adds, "The things are much more similar to our memory of them on the other side than they are on this side."

The Fringe bosses hinted that familiar faces will return, including Kirk Acevedo, who is now on Prime Suspect, pending his availability. "And some faces that perhaps you're not expecting to see return as well," Pinkner said.
 6 years ago '04        #58
space
space
I really think this will all lead to peter having never died in our universe they will find some way to go back and save both peters
 6 years ago '04        #59
space
space
Even in last nights episode that seemingly had no real impact on the overal story they showed how with the serial k!ller its really as simple as one person in your life making a huge difference which peter did for all these people
 6 years ago '11        #60
space
space
 MosDefinition said:
Even in last nights episode that seemingly had no real impact on the overal story they showed how with the serial k!ller its really as simple as one person in your life making a huge difference which peter did for all these people
"At the risk of sounding sentimental... I've always thought there were people who leave an indelible mark on your soul. An imprint that can never be erased." - Broyles

Peter marked her soul and probably her cervix as well

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
105 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
15 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy