Fringe Season 4 Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
7 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
78 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #21
Ph8te 
space
space
space
$453 | Props total: 40 40
 Reppindaburghh said:
I don't like how they are just completely glossing over the fact that if Peter never existed, Walter never crossed between universe's, Walternate never started attacking our universe, and there was never any use for that machine. That story arc makes literally no sense.

Still I enjoyed the episode and will remain a loyal viewer, though.

Walter needs some emmy attention for his damn role on this show. He absolutely k!llS his role. "Am I wearing pants?"
They didn't gloss over it. Technically Peter only existed as a child and not as an adult. You know this via two statements. The observer saying they must not know the boy grew into a child and Walter saying everything dies and sometimes they die twice. Walter still crossed over and the events still happened it's just that everything happened with out Peter as an adult. This is why wemseemeveryone basically reverting to season 1 personalities.
 6 years ago '05        #22
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,456 | Props total: 7101 7101
 Ph8te said:
They didn't gloss over it. Technically Peter only existed as a child and not as an adult. You know this via two statements. The observer saying they must not know the boy grew into a child and Walter saying everything dies and sometimes they die twice. Walter still crossed over and the events still happened it's just that everything happened with out Peter as an adult. This is why wemseemeveryone basically reverting to season 1 personalities.
What? Wrong. If the boy never grew into a man then Walter never crossed over and kidnapped him. If he did cross over and kidnap him, how did he die as a child? What you said makes no sense and what I said wasn't addressed by those two statements. If Peter died in Walternate's world as a child then Walter never crossed over and kidnapped him and none of these events started unfolding. And even if somehow Walter crossed over, kidnapped him, and Peter died in a car accident 3 days later, there was still nobody to use that enormous machine that they are keeping in that government facility, so there is no reason for that machine to exist. It really makes 0 sense. But I'm not even stressing it, I'm still a fan of the show and I'll let it slide.
 6 years ago '05        #23
space
space
 Ghostface Wu said:
The observer didn't save Peter when he fell into the lake when he crossed over. You get that it's an altered past, right? Just because they think what happened happened, it didn't. That's why Walter is still seeing images of Peter because he did exist and it was just a mind swap that the Observers have done over the universe. That's what the observer was doing by getting all those electronic parts.
Ok, then there is no reason for that machine to exist, or at the very least be where its at, if Peter died in that lake as a child.
 6 years ago '05        #24
space
space
 Ghostface Wu said:
No, because the Observer altered the perception of everyone in both universes. He didn't actually alter the timeline or the bridge that both universes have with eachother wouldn't currently exist. I read a theory that it has to do with radio frequencies and that's what altered perception. That's why there was a static feeling in the first episode. The radios weren't working throughout the episode and there wasn't any cell phone coverage. That's where the scene with the observer in the electronics store comes into play because he was buying all that equipment to make the interference stronger.
I understand everything you are saying, but that still doesn't answer my question. When Walter and Olivia look at that big a.ss machine in that facility, what are they looking at? Why do they think it exists if they believe Peter never existed as an adult? I understand what you're saying, but you're not understanding what I'm saying apparently. Fringe is one of my favorite shows, I'm not talking sh*t on it, just pointing out a flaw in the story.
 6 years ago '04        #25
Ph8te 
space
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
What? Wrong. If the boy never grew into a man then Walter never crossed over and kidnapped him. If he did cross over and kidnap him, how did he die as a child? What you said makes no sense and what I said wasn't addressed by those two statements. If Peter died in Walternate's world as a child then Walter never crossed over and kidnapped him and none of these events started unfolding. And even if somehow Walter crossed over, kidnapped him, and Peter died in a car accident 3 days later, there was still nobody to use that enormous machine that they are keeping in that government facility, so there is no reason for that machine to exist. It really makes 0 sense. But I'm not even stressing it, I'm still a fan of the show and I'll let it slide.
Without Adult Peter future Walter/Olivia/Astrid would send the machine back in time to be activated by someone else besides Peter. Remeber back to last season they said Walter had sent the machine back in time and the team had disbursed the parts between the two universes. The reason it was between both was that Peter had originally decided to save one universe and the result is what he saw in the "future" episode last year. After seeing that future he decided to change things up and bridge the two universes thus changing the future he had seen. They also mentioned that they were getting readings from the hole the machine created as well as the parts that lead them to the time travel bit.

I think a lot of people a getting caught up on things that have changed because adult Peter never existed. It's almost like a reset but this time all f the events happened without adult Peter in them (from either side). Walter and Walternate would have crossed over into a different universe regardless of what happened with child Peter. Walter just pushed the time table up for crossing up when he saw what he saw with his mirror into the reverse.

Without adult Peter there is no anchor for Walter to become normalized as we have come to know him. Think back to season 1 and the journey his character has taken. Also without adult Peter they need to keep him under lock and key as there is no one to check him out. Think back to season 1 with Olivia without adult Peter she remains the cold almost emotionless person that we were introduced to. Astrid as well, without adult Peter she takes a larger role in the team instead of staying back and being Walters a.ssistant.

Also, we have only gotten through one episode. This will be a season long arch (IMO). Give them time to flesh it out Nd give answers. I have only replied with what makes sense to me from watching from season 1. If anything this show requires you to know what has already happened Nd will continue to draw on past seasons.

The basic premise is that everything happened the same over the past 3 years, they just happened without Adult Peter. A telling sign that the "erasing" was not complete is Peter leaking back into this universe and Walter saying he hasn't felt right ever since they used the machine ;).

Think to season 1 as well when Walter explains multiverses. For every decision wew make there is another universe where we made a different decision. We are almost in a new blended universe which would also explain the new yellow/orange/amber intro.

Last edited by Ph8te; 09-29-2011 at 07:19 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #26
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,078 | Props total: 4425 4425
 Ghostface Wu said:
The machine is whats binding the two universes together and why when Olivia and Lincoln were there they could see the two different skies. I don't understand how you don't get what they are going for. The observers erased the memories of everyone who knew Peter in his adulthood essentially. They are obviously oblivious to how the machine united the two universes. You seem to be upset about something that is probably going to be the main plotline to the season. It's like you want it wrapped up in the first episode of the season. The origins of the machine mixed with Fauxilivia's pregnancy are going to be major devices to bring Peter back into the series.
fauxlivia cant have gotten pregnant atleast by peter if he never lived to be a man
 6 years ago '04        #27
Ph8te 
space
space
space
 MosDefinition said:
fauxlivia cant have gotten pregnant atleast by peter if he never lived to be a man
She could have just not by Peter. No adult Peter meant Bolivia never slept with him on this side.
 6 years ago '04        #28
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,078 | Props total: 4425 4425
 Ph8te said:
She could have just not by Peter. No adult Peter meant Bolivia never slept with him on this side.
if she did she would have been dead though because of the disease she has unless walternate saved her for whatever reason

he only saved her before because it was his grandson
 6 years ago '05        #29
space
space
 Ghostface Wu said:
The machine is whats binding the two universes together and why when Olivia and Lincoln were there they could see the two different skies. I don't understand how you don't get what they are going for. The observers erased the memories of everyone who knew Peter in his adulthood essentially. They are obviously oblivious to how the machine united the two universes. You seem to be upset about something that is probably going to be the main plotline to the season. It's like you want it wrapped up in the first episode of the season. The origins of the machine mixed with Fauxilivia's pregnancy are going to be major devices to bring Peter back into the series.

Fauxlivia's baby can't exist if adult Peter never existed.

I'm done trying to explain this, I don't know how you aren't understanding what I'm saying.
 6 years ago '05        #30
space
space
 MosDefinition said:
if she did she would have been dead though because of the disease she has unless walternate saved her for whatever reason

This.

There's a bunch of holes in this story, but I'm not complaining. Hopefully they will end up explaining everything in a decent way.
 6 years ago '04        #31
Ph8te 
space
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
Fauxlivia's baby can't exist if adult Peter never existed.

I'm done trying to explain this, I don't know how you aren't understanding what I'm saying.
We do understand what you're saying, it appears though that you don't understand or don't want to understand the explinations we are giving you. There are no plot holes yet as nothing has been explained except for adult Peter being erased from history/events.
 6 years ago '04        #32
Ph8te 
space
space
space
 MosDefinition said:

It really depends on the circumstances, as we dont know what events have/have not happened because of Peters disappearance. Since there are so many things that happened with Peter, a lot of people are having a tough time wrapping their head around the fact that now he never existed. I don't think I have ever seen a show do this with a main character since would F so many people up in the head (which apparently it has).
 6 years ago '05        #33
space
space
 Ph8te said:
We do understand what you're saying, it appears though that you don't understand or don't want to understand the explinations we are giving you. There are no plot holes yet as nothing has been explained except for adult Peter being erased from history/events.
Which goes back to my original post that sparked this whole discussion. I said "I don't like the fact that they are glossing over the whole fact that _________________ (Everything we are discussing)", or something to that effect. If they end up explaining it I'll be perfectly satisfied. As of right now though, it seems as if they are just glossing right over it. But like somebody said, it's only been one episode, and that very well could be the arc of the story for the majority of the season. So they still have plenty of time to explain it. The way the first episode played out, it just seemed like they were planning on just glossing over all those plot holes, though.

Either way, Fringe is one of my top 5 shows currently on TV and it's staying that way for the foreseeable future.

Last edited by ReppinDaBurghh; 09-30-2011 at 04:20 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #34
space
space
By the way, anybody hear how the ratings were for the first episode?
 6 years ago '05        #35
space
space
 Ph8te said:
It really depends on the circumstances, as we dont know what events have/have not happened because of Peters disappearance. Since there are so many things that happened with Peter, a lot of people are having a tough time wrapping their head around the fact that now he never existed. I don't think I have ever seen a show do this with a main character since would F so many people up in the head (which apparently it has).
It really hasn't F'ed me up in the head at all. I understand the situation perfectly. There are plot holes as of right now that need to be filled, though, or it's a major fault on the writers part.
 6 years ago '11        #36
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,337 | Props total: 8506 8506
IMO they haven't needed to explain everything in depth yet because Peter isn't all the way gone yet. He is still flashing which means he hasn't been erased from time yet and The Watcher refused to....

I think this may lead to him coming all the way back in some capacity and its possible everyone will get the memories back..
 6 years ago '05        #37
space
space
 PotheadFocker said:
IMO they haven't needed to explain everything in depth yet because Peter isn't all the way gone yet. He is still flashing which means he hasn't been erased from time yet and The Watcher refused to....

I think this may lead to him coming all the way back in some capacity and its possible everyone will get the memories back..
It's a fact that Peter will be back in the main cast this season. That was never really in question. And at that point all the memories will be restored, you're right. But as of right now those memories are gone, and certain things that we witnessed happen didn't actually happen. I'll be a little disapointed if they just call a mulligan and bring Peter back without explaining what is going on in the minds of Oliva/Walter/etc right NOW while the timeline consists of Peter never existing as an adult.
 6 years ago '05        #38
space
space
 Blood Edge said:
what plot holes? the entire story has been reset....most of what happened in the past is now unknown to us

a little different don't u think?

you've watch a show that had a time skip between seasons right? would you still say events between the skip that weren't explained in the first episode were plot holes?

Read all of my posts and the full conversation.
 6 years ago '11        #39
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,337 | Props total: 8506 8506
 Reppindaburghh said:
It's a fact that Peter will be back in the main cast this season. That was never really in question. And at that point all the memories will be restored, you're right. But as of right now those memories are gone, and certain things that we witnessed happen didn't actually happen. I'll be a little disapointed if they just call a mulligan and bring Peter back without explaining what is going on in the minds of Oliva/Walter/etc right NOW while the timeline consists of Peter never existing as an adult.
Yeah I hear that. The approach they took deciding to temporarily erase Peter is interesting.... I don't feel they would do it for no reason, and the average viewer like me and you have these questions within the course of the episode, how did Olivia convince Walter to help without going to Iraq and getting Peter... etc.... they should be smart enough to realize we will be asking these questions

lol all of a sudden you got me excited for tonights ep
 6 years ago '04        #40
Ph8te 
space
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
By the way, anybody hear how the ratings were for the first episode?
Ratings were about average for last season 3.5-4mil with a 1.5. One thing is for sure this show stays steady with the ratings. Going up against MLB playoffs however will be tough on all the shows tonight. the DVR ratings for this show although technically they don't "count" are very high ( i believe Fringe is one of the top 5 DVRd shows).
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
136 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
166 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
128 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
111 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
165 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy