Mayweather tells Ortiz: "S**t happens"

most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
92 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
101 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
110 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
10102 pageviews
90 comments

Screwhead|m 194 heat pts194
space
space
$14,976 | Props total: 278 278
Mayweather tells Ortiz: "S**t happens"

Floyd Mayweather Jnr slapped down suggestions he defeated Victor Ortiz with a cheap shot in their WBC welterweight title f!ght in Las Vegas.

Ortiz was penalised a point in the fourth round for catching Mayweather with a headbutt and, when the f!ghters were told to resume f!ghting following the referee's intervention, Mayweather brought an end to proceedings with two fearsome blows.

When the decisive punches were delivered, Ortiz appeared to be looking at the referee and not Mayweather, causing the crowd to react furiously to the ending.

But Mayweather was adamant he did nothing wrong. "This was another unbelievable performance," he said. "A lot of people want to know what happened. There were a couple of headbutts. S**t happens in the sport of boxing. Protect yourself at all times.

"Once you touch gloves, it is go time. We came together to f!ght. You want to do me dirty and then two minutes later want to be my friend? This is the hurting business."

Meanwhile, a frustrated Ortiz claimed he did not mean to use his head. "I was called to break by the referee. I obeyed, I looked at the ref and 'boom' - I was out," he said. "It looked like I butted him (Mayweather) intentionally. I apologised to him, I'm not a dirty f!ghter. He came forward really fast, I wasn't expecting that, my head was in his face and I was like, oh, oops.

"You can look at it two ways. I came out here to show the fans a good time and as far as I'm concerned I think they did have a good time, apart from that little miscommunication by the ref. But hey it happens. I'm not perfect, no-one is and neither is the ref. I have no-one to blame for it - it's a learning experience."

[pic - click to view]

Floyd Mayweather Jnr tells Victor Ortiz: 'S**t happens' | Boxing News | ESPN.co.uk

90 comments for "Mayweather tells Ortiz: "S**t happens""

09-18-2011, 06:40 AM         #2
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It sucks Ortiz went down like that. It looked like a heat in the moment move. That is what i perceived from it. He was guilty conscious of it—and his innocence was of taken advantaged of.
 6 years ago '04        #3
Screwhead|m 194 heat pts194 OP
space
space
$14,976 | Props total: 278 278
 youknowmystelo said:
It sucks Ortiz went down like that. It looked like a heat in the moment move. That is what i perceived from it. He was guilty conscious of it—and his innocence was of taken advantaged of.

The first hit was definitely a cheap shot.

But in a f!ght (boxing or otherwise), one has to always be on one's guard.
 6 years ago '06        #4
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,884 | Props total: 25661 25661
 youknowmystelo said:
this dude seemed legit sorry about it...
 6 years ago '07        #5
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
Ortiz got jabbed already so he knew he should have put his defense up. My theory is that he felt so bad about the headbutt that he just let Floyd get free shots. He was so ashamed of what he did. All he was doing was apologizing and not trying to f!ght. He was asking to be laid out.
 6 years ago '08        #6
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
 Bullseye said:
Ortiz got jabbed already so he knew he should have put his defense up. My theory is that he felt so bad about the headbutt that he just let Floyd get free shots. He was so ashamed of what he did. All he was doing was apologizing and not trying to f!ght. He was asking to be laid out.
and can you blame floyd for taking advantage of that in a f!ght like this?
 6 years ago '04        #7
refuze 284 heat pts284
space
space
$18,692 | Props total: 15457 15457
Wow.. Just reading his quotes, Ortiz has no fu*king heart of a champion.
 6 years ago '04        #8
HotBYoungTurk 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,720 | Props total: 2018 2018
this why so many people dont respect the way he f!ght.. at the same time though.. i dont understand why these boxers are so apologetic.. you won't win f!ghts like that.. if u hit somebody low.. if you head butt someone.. sh*t is apart of boxing.. just like getting hit by a ball in baseball.. just like getting hit low in football..

Mosley b*tched up and apologized and got hit hard.. and Ortiz did the same and got hit HARDER!!!
 6 years ago '07        #9
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
 Mathematic said:
and can you blame floyd for taking advantage of that in a f!ght like this?
Floyd did the right thing. It's a f!ght. If your opponent doesn't want to put up his guard, that doesn't mean you shouldn't hit him. I'm just saying that Ortiz basically wanted the f!ght to end and just threw his guard down and waited to get laid out cause he was so ashamed.
 6 years ago '04        #10
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
he's retarded for not protecting himself after that first punch floyd threw
 6 years ago '04        #11
space
space
 Liquid-Science said:
he's retarded for not protecting himself after that first punch floyd threw
ortiz was stunned dude...
 6 years ago '04        #12
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
 HotBYoungTurk said:
ortiz was stunned dude...
tough sh*t

as a human, if someone punches you, your natural instinct is to either run, protect yourself or punch back

even running would have been better than sitting there and getting hit again
 6 years ago '04        #13
space
space
 Liquid-Science said:
 6 years ago '10        #14
HeyCobra 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,062 | Props total: 2 2
 Screwhead said:
But hey it happens. I'm not perfect, no-one is and neither is the ref. I have no-one to blame for it - it's a learning experience."

Money May is 42-0
 6 years ago '04        #15
UF4Soldier 127 heat pts127
space
space
$18,958 | Props total: 4533 4533
ortiz was being to friendly he wanted hug and kiss kus he know he was wrong after the first initial make up he shouldve left alone so like they slippers count and he counted out
 6 years ago '04        #16
space
space
 HotBYoungTurk said:
this why so many people dont respect the way he f!ght.. at the same time though.. i dont understand why these boxers are so apologetic.. you won't win f!ghts like that.. if u hit somebody low.. if you head butt someone.. sh*t is apart of boxing.. just like getting hit by a ball in baseball.. just like getting hit low in football..

Mosley b*tched up and apologized and got hit hard.. and Ortiz did the same and got hit HARDER!!!
u rigth on the money the object is to win this aint a sparring session
 6 years ago '04        #17
Prodigy 36 heat pts36
space
space
$9,152 | Props total: 1 1
 Liquid-Science said:
tough sh*t

as a human, if someone punches you, your natural instinct is to either run, protect yourself or punch back

Why do you talk about sh*t you know nothing about?
 6 years ago '04        #18
Adwerdz 319 heat pts319
space
space
$32,722 | Props total: 23237 23237
rule number 1 in f!ghting, never let your guard down

ortiz was getting whipped, he used his head a couple of times in the earlier rounds. Then he got so frustrated he pulled that cheap bi*ch a.ss upright headbutt to floyds chin to try to stun him in the moment.

in the words of dmx, "you do dirt, you get dirt"
 6 years ago '04        #19
space
space
yeah he jumped up into the head but like soccer or some sh*t
 6 years ago '10        #20
quan3106 88 heat pts88
space
space
$9,208 | Props total: 11060 11060
So a headbutt is okay but a clean punch which the ref who was in the ring and know what was going said was perfectlly legal and floyd did nothing wrong is bad...people just dont like who they dont like...its no use tryin to force people to see things your way...when floyd went 12 with shane...it was ohhh he ran..he ducked he dodged he has no power...now it was a sucker punch in the middle of the ring..42-0 no loses no draws...if u dont respect that its something wrong
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
26 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
285 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
80 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
126 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
52 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
89 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
63 comments
20 hours ago