Mayweather KO's Ortiz - dirty or savvy vet move? (video)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
147 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
77 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
133 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Mayweather KO
B!tch Move 263 42.69%
Savvy Vet Move 353 57.31%
Voters: 616. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #381
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,414 | Props total: 12356 12356
 Arson said:
I walked you through the video step by step of Cortez actually doing his job and following the guidelines to the headbutt rules and you comeback with I'm biased Mayweather walked into the corner at 1:30, Cortez walks Ortiz to the opposite corner. 1:36, Mayweather clearly walks out of the corner and Ortiz comes back to the center as well.

Nothing I'm saying is biased, its right there in the video for all to see
Which is the point I've been making dude. If he was in control of this f!ght neither guy would have left the corner and if they had he would have been there to send them back until he was ready to restart the f!ght. He didnt do that which means when they moved away from their "areas" because they werent in any corners, it created confusion which allowed one f!ghter to think the ref was still getting confirmation while the other guy was thinking f!ght on let me knock this fool out.
I dont fault Ortiz or Mayweather. I dont care either way if the ending was right or wrong. What I do care about is the guy they put in charge didnt have control of his f!ght and it hurt everybody involved from the f!ghters all the way down to the fans.

As for your bias, its because you are only saying he did his job because you are a huge Mayweather fan and are still stuck on justifying Mayweather's way of ending the f!ght when its clear I'm only discussing the way in which the f!ght was handled. Again, go hit up google and check what all the respected boxing people are saying. They all are saying Cortez fu*ked up, so why can't you or other fans accept that?
 6 years ago '07        #382
nastynoble 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,748 | Props total: 126 126
 Fly 2ndComing said:
But, people have tried that blueprint from way back in the beginning of Manny's career for some time now and he has yet to lose. So its time for some new blueprints dont you think?

and how can you get a blueprint for beating Floyd when he handpicks who he f!ghts so that he can use his phenomenal skills to embarrass them. Well, we know he cant take a punch but nobody can hit him or he makes sure the person f!ghting him cant hit him.

Both f!ghters have flaws the problem is we havent seen anybody expose those flaws recently and they wont sign on the line to see if one can expose the others flaws. Its all bullsh*t and both guys can move the fu*k on because we know they arent going to f!ght.
you just shot yourself when you said manny has yet to lose...

dont play yourself like pac doesnt hand pick his opponents. oh wait, better yet, arum and roach pick his f!ghts for him. HAHA
 6 years ago '04        #383
makaveliveson 
space
space
$173 | Props total: 79 79
 muzikhead said:
If I'm f!ghting fair and you headbutt me on purpose. fu*k YOU!!!! Victor Ortiz was in the ring with something he never experienced. Start a thread about that dirty a.ss headbutt.
Why would somebody make a thread about something he got docked a point for dumb a.ss. People aren't complaining about what was called by the ref, they are about what wasn't.
 09-18-2011, 03:19 AM         #384
PradalSerey 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nastynoble said:
so the fu*k what son? can you even recall half of the 38 knockouts? were they all prizef!ghters? my guess is that a good amount of them were bums.

and if youre saying that mayweather hasnt fought anyone in their prime, then what is your excuse about pacquio f!ghting the people that mayweather already beat? they must have been WAYYY past their prime in that case.

and how do you know there are f!ghts he cant win? how in the world do you figure that if they never fought?

the only f!ght mayweather cant win is again dumbasses like you and a PED'ed up Pacquiao.
Mayweather fought Pacquaios left overs too, so stfu?
here we go again with that PED sh*t, thats mayweather speech for "hes stronger then me, must be drugs"

Im gonna use mayweather fan logic, il go train in boxing, il only accept f!ghts that i know i can win, il accuse anyone who might be a challenge to me of cheating, il win my f!ghts by only a small margin of decision just so that i can maintain an "undefeated" status.

apparently that will make me the best.

EVEN MUHAMMAD ALI HAD LOSSES.

Being undefeatED COULD just mean you havnt accepted a challenging f!ght yet, it doesnt mean your undefeatABLE
 6 years ago '04        #385
Rival Slim 
space
space
space
$215 | Props total: 0 0
Politics again, cornball ref had that chameleon eye tryna act like he was lookin away....Mayweather banked millis and Ortiz got the biggest payout of his career.
 6 years ago '05        #386
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
 PradalSerey said:
telll me whats happened to every f!ghter whos tried to get technical against Pacquaio? did they win by decision?
Marquez almost beat him and some people would argue that he did beat him. Also, are you comparing any of the f!ghters Pacman has faced, even those who did get technical with him, to Floyd?

I admit, Pacman has a better chance at hitting Mayweather than anyone Mayweather has faced thus far, but it's so far from a sure thing. So far, everyone who has tried to be the aggressor against Floyd hasn't been able to hit him, even if they do get him against the ropes, and has been hit with counter punches until they either get KO'd or lose by UD. Pacman has faster hands than any of those guys, but Mayweather is faster than anyone in the sport, period. We will see who's skills are better, but I'd bet on Mayweather, as he is the most skilled boxer, and if Pacman can't get to him, he will counter-punch the sh*t out of Pacman.
 6 years ago '05        #387
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
 PradalSerey said:
Mayweather fought Pacquaios left overs too, so stfu?
here we go again with that PED sh*t, thats mayweather speech for "hes stronger then me, must be drugs"

Im gonna use mayweather fan logic, il go train in boxing, il only accept f!ghts that i know i can win, il accuse anyone who might be a challenge to me of cheating, il win my f!ghts by only a small margin of decision just so that i can maintain an "undefeated" status.

apparently that will make me the best.

EVEN MUHAMMAD ALI HAD LOSSES.

Being undefeatED COULD just mean you havnt accepted a challenging f!ght yet, it doesnt mean your undefeatABLE
Who has Mayweather ducked? Mosley when he was younger, maybe (but that can be said to go both ways). Cotto, possibly, but was Cotto ever in the same league? Who else? Mayweather has been winning against good f!ghters his whole career. It's not like he's f!ghting nobodies to get that record. Him and Pacman have been going through most of the same f!ghters recently, so why is Pacman impressive and Mayweather is handpicking? What part of the game is that? What kind of logic is that?
 6 years ago '10        #388
stv18 22 heat pts22
space
space
$4,622 | Props total: 101 101
Clean move. They touched gloves and he left his hands down. He didn't even do anything after the first punch. If it wasn't for his headbutt the f!ght wouldn't of been stopped. Ortiz wasn't even mad either, he knew he fu*ked up.

Last edited by stv18; 09-18-2011 at 03:36 AM..
 6 years ago '08        #389
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,107 | Props total: 23322 23322
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Which is the point I've been making dude. If he was in control of this f!ght neither guy would have left the corner and if they had he would have been there to send them back until he was ready to restart the f!ght. He didnt do that which means when they moved away from their "areas" because they werent in any corners, it created confusion which allowed one f!ghter to think the ref was still getting confirmation while the other guy was thinking f!ght on let me knock this fool out.
I dont fault Ortiz or Mayweather. I dont care either way if the ending was right or wrong. What I do care about is the guy they put in charge didnt have control of his f!ght and it hurt everybody involved from the f!ghters all the way down to the fans.

As for your bias, its because you are only saying he did his job because you are a huge Mayweather fan and are still stuck on justifying Mayweather's way of ending the f!ght when its clear I'm only discussing the way in which the f!ght was handled. Again, go hit up google and check what all the respected boxing people are saying. They all are saying Cortez fu*ked up, so why can't you or other fans accept that?
And what I'm saying is he did have control as evidenced by the video. Did he not push them far enough into the corner for your liking? We heard Cortez say let go did we not? Mayweather obviously heard it and the ref at the scorer's table(?) did to as he started counting down when Ortiz went down.

Blame Ortiz for his lack of awareness and not having a f!ghter's mentality, not Cortez. He got hit flush and still didn't put up his damn hands.
 6 years ago '08        #390
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,117 | Props total: 2648 2648
the headbutt was dirty
n*gga headbutt you purposefully
touches gloves twice
hugs you
then stands there with his hands down?
fu*k that
knock his bi*ch a.ss out
 6 years ago '08        #391
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,107 | Props total: 23322 23322
Kevin Iole:
Award-winning veteran sportswriter Kevin Iole is the national boxing and mixed martial arts reporter for Yahoo! Sports. Kevin previously covered boxing for the Las Vegas Review-Journal and other publications, writing on some of the biggest names and bouts in the sport.

Kevin Iole's twitter said:
Talked to Keith Kizer of NV Commission. Cortez pointed to time keeper and said time in. Punches were legal, according to Kizer.
Kizer's whole quote

“Joe pointed to the timekeeper and said ‘Time in,’” Kizer said. “At that point, the f!ght is back on and they’re free to punch each other. Joe had them separated, but Victor went to hug him four separate times. But the referee said ‘Time in’ and Floyd Mayweather threw a perfectly legal punch. I have no idea why Victor kept trying to hug him or embrace him. I guess he was feeling guilty because of the head butt, but hey, you’re in a f!ght. f!ght and then feel guilty later.”

/thread

Last edited by Arson; 09-18-2011 at 03:51 AM..
 09-18-2011, 03:52 AM         #392
stripes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
SUCKERPUNCH!!!!!!!! Ortiz should of protected himself though, both idiots in this f!ght more like an amateur this sh*t shouldn't be happening on a world class level!!
 6 years ago '05        #393
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
And, as far as Mayweather handpicking opponents, how bout Pacquiao doing the same?

[video - click to view]

Don't worry, I'll wait.

Actually, I'll do better than wait. Of Pacquiao's last six wins, all six f!ghters have been coming off of losses.

Mosley was coming off a loss to Mayweather and a Draw against Mora.

Margarito was coming off of a loss to Mosley and a year+ off from the sport (he won a warm up f!ght, but c'mon).

Clottey was coming off a loss to Cotto.

Cotto was coming off a loss to Margarito (couple wins after, but still, Margarito had the most impressive win, taking his 0 away).

Hatton was coming off a loss to Mayweather (and a couple light wins after, but Mayweather had the impressive win when he took away Hatton's 0).

De La Hoya was coming off a loss to Mayweather.

So, please, Pacquiao fans, don't even try to bring up ducking and/or handpicking opponents when Pacquiao is just as bad for it as Mayweather is, if not worse.

fu*k outta here.
 6 years ago '04        #394
creep 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,836 | Props total: 70 70
cortez clapped his hands and said lets work.. legal punch by floyd.
 09-18-2011, 04:06 AM         #395
Pimpwin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Main Event said:
I guess were just gonna forget he did the SAME EXACT THING against Mosley though right? Mosley tried to give this n*gga a huge Floyd popped him, Ortiz is a dumbass never put your hands down in a f!ght bum n*gga

Floyd>>>
Hah you can stop riding Floyd's d!ck now.
 6 years ago '05        #396
dg177bx 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$7,605 | Props total: 1 1
 Vancouver said:
And, as far as Mayweather handpicking opponents, how bout Pacquiao doing the same?

Don't worry, I'll wait.

Actually, I'll do better than wait. Of Pacquiao's last six wins, all six f!ghters have been coming off of losses.

Mosley was coming off a loss to Mayweather and a Draw against Mora.

Margarito was coming off of a loss to Mosley and a year+ off from the sport (he won a warm up f!ght, but c'mon).

Clottey was coming off a loss to Cotto.

Cotto was coming off a loss to Margarito (couple wins after, but still, Margarito had the most impressive win, taking his 0 away).

Hatton was coming off a loss to Mayweather (and a couple light wins after, but Mayweather had the impressive win when he took away Hatton's 0).

De La Hoya was coming off a loss to Mayweather.

So, please, Pacquiao fans, don't even try to bring up ducking and/or handpicking opponents when Pacquiao is just as bad for it as Mayweather is, if not worse.

fu*k outta here.
this is how i know you are an idiot. lets talk about your man mr cheap shot

Gatti was way past his prime when he fought Mayweather, so was Zab Judah, and Rickey Hatton was a fraud, Gatti had been beaten plenty of times prior to mayweather, zab was beaten bad by costa zuh long before mayweather won, hatton had a bloated win record, which the only notable win was costa zuh. Oh and taking f!ghts like Mosley who was past his prime as well. The only legit f!ght in the past 6 year IMO was the Delahoya win, outside of that, he has been f!ghting a bunch of over rated f!ghters.thank you .
 09-18-2011, 04:12 AM         #397
DMoney3481 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DurtySoufReppin said:
Mayweather = Lebron James of Boxing

n*ggaz continue to troll all haters and you dumbass n*ggaz continue to hate
How the fu*k you gonna make that comparison? LeBron isn't a fu*kin' champ!!!
 6 years ago '05        #398
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
 dg177bx said:
this is how i know you are an idiot. lets talk about your man mr cheap shot

Gatti was way past his prime when he fought Mayweather, so was Zab Judah, and Rickey Hatton was a fraud, Gatti had been beaten plenty of times prior to mayweather, zab was beaten bad by costa zuh long before mayweather won, hatton had a bloated win record, which the only notable win was costa zuh. Oh and taking f!ghts like Mosley who was past his prime as well. The only legit f!ght in the past 6 year IMO was the Delahoya win, outside of that, he has been f!ghting a bunch of over rated f!ghters.thank you .
Even if that is true, and, for the sake of the argument, let's say it is, what, then, is the difference between the two f!ghters in terms of handpicking opponents? Slim to none. But why, then, do Pacquiao fans jump on Mayweather for handpicking opponents? Where is the logic in that? You claim I'm an idiot, but there is nothing idiotic about what I'm saying.
 09-18-2011, 04:22 AM         #399
45-Colt 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That Ref going to get GOT by Monday. lol
 6 years ago '08        #400
coltraver 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,427 | Props total: 25 25
 P. Dedos said:
this is a boxing match not a damn kissing match fu*k was ortiz doing. did he expect to get another hug in before he got popped?

anyways ortiz was trying to get headbutts in from the 2nd round on did yall not notice that shyt? this muthafu*ka was the dirty one

money wins again collects another 40 million if he wants a rematch make it 50
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
142 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
94 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
77 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
45 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
297 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy