Mayweather KO's Ortiz - dirty or savvy vet move? (video)

most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
170 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
25 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Mayweather KO
B!tch Move 263 42.69%
Savvy Vet Move 353 57.31%
Voters: 616. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #361
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
 omglolwtfbbq said:
So do you see a W for Floyd via decision, or picked apart and doing damage? I can see it going 12 and Floyd winning on technique, but I can also see Floyd getting rocked. Based on the way Manny's been boxing (against sh*tty opponents, tho), it's hard for me to predict him being phased by any thing Floyd throws/counterpnches with
If pacquiao f!ghts the way he did against Mosely (zero lateral movement) he'll be light work for Floyd. If he uses his improved lateral movement against Floyd it'll be a f!ght, but so far no one has been able to tag Floyd effectively, and the way Manny throws wild and wide shots is perfect for a masterful counter-puncher like Floyd to dissect.
 6 years ago '05        #362
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 PradalSerey said:
Mayweather was winning, and would have won. but not by a large margin, probly would have been decision and probly would have been a boring one. Ortiz is not a good match, there are MANY better f!ghters, You realize Mayweather just wanted to test a southpaw to prepare for pacquaio?....Point is, why would you take a cheap shot on someone you know you can outbox honorably?

Pacquaio WAS a brawler, he's now a boxer, and a damn good one...Yes he goes for knockout because he almost always has the opportunity, but he's demonstrated many times the ability to win by decision.

Mayweather CANT knock out many boxers, hence why he hangs on and wins by points. If he goes for knockout he'll most likely BE knocked out.

Marquez is a counter puncher...Mosley is a boxer....so your saying pacquaio has ONLY fought brawlers?
The first time I seen somebody try some technical sh*t with Pac was Shane. With everyone else it seems his f!ghts transform to brawls or one sided bloody pulp sessions. That leads me to think that that is Pac's f!ght. With Shane it seemed like he couldnt do that and just got off enough to be able to win.

He wont be able to f!ght like that and win against Floyd. Floyd would have scored to much.
 09-18-2011, 02:50 AM         #363
PradalSerey 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bobby's World said:
The first time I seen somebody try some technical sh*t with Pac was Shane. With everyone else it seems his f!ghts transform to brawls or one sided bloody pulp sessions. That leads me to think that that is Pac's f!ght. With Shane it seemed like he couldnt do that and just got off enough to be able to win.

He wont be able to f!ght like that and win against Floyd. Floyd would have scored to much.
Floyd wont be able to do that against pacquaio. Sorry its just the truth, your right, no one can f!ght a technical f!ght against pacquaio and after they get scared they just start throwing or cover up. Pacquaio is too fast and too powerful and his punches come from weird angles.

I can see it already, he'll be throwing overhands right over mayweathers shoulder following with a left that will slide right up before mayweather can counter...

Sorry but mayweather is not good at WINNING f!ghts, he's just good at...winning f!ghts
 6 years ago '05        #364
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
 Bobby's World said:

Truth. Pacquiao fought like dogsh*t in that f!ght and if he f!ghts like that against Mayweather, it's gonna end badly for him.
 6 years ago '04        #365
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
Ortiz needs to write Mayweather a thank you letter and send him a fruit basket or some shyt.

dude has way too much sensitivity in him and he learned a valuable lesson tonight.

You can tell from him quitting before, him constantly crying on 24/7, allowing floyd to put his hands on him at the weigh-in , and having a severe guilt trip after head butting Floyd that this dude is just too soft at heart. He's willing to put on a f!ghter's facade when necessary because it's his job but when he's not absolutely focused on staying in f!ght mode he loses his aggression and does a complete 180 and turns into a soft and emotionally sensitive marshmallow. You can tell by looking at his face that his emotions get all wishy washy and he loses his confidence almost to the point of feeling guilty for being aggressive in the first place.
 6 years ago '11        #366
CarlozRossi 46 heat pts46
space
space
$5,864 | Props total: 3818 3818
that sh*t was low key dirty. I mean isnt the ref suppose to get between them n say box ?

Ortiz a bi*ch too for apologizing that many times. Yea floyd was getting some shots in but none of

those shots was fazing ortiz. he was walking through em. its to bad it had end like that .
 6 years ago '05        #367
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
 PradalSerey said:
Floyd wont be able to do that against pacquaio. Sorry its just the truth, your right, no one can f!ght a technical f!ght against pacquaio and after they get scared they just start throwing or cover up. Pacquaio is too fast and too powerful and his punches come from weird angles.

I can see it already, he'll be throwing overhands right over mayweathers shoulder following with a left that will slide right up before mayweather can counter...

Sorry but mayweather is not good at WINNING f!ghts, he's just good at...winning f!ghts
Tell me what has happened to every f!ghter who has tried to be agressive against Mayweather, have they been able to hit him?
 6 years ago '09        #368
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,414 | Props total: 12358 12358
 Arson said:
were we seeing the same the f!ght?

start the video at 1:10

1:15, Cortez separates them
1:17, he calls time
1:20, he sees Ortiz going back over to mayweather and separates them again
1:24, Cortez holds Ortiz's hand and acknowledges every side of the ring with the headbutt hand signal
1:34, Cortez tells Ortiz "Don't be doing that"
1:37, both f!ghters are actually backed in the corner and CLEARLY separated with Cortez being in the center between both f!ghters, Cortez calls time in, says "let's go"
1:39, they touch gloves, Ortiz fu*ks up by trying to still apologize to mayweather and mayweather takes advantage because he knows time is in and they touched gloves.

Chalk the L up to Ortiz being too kind for the sport, not bad officiating, Cortez did his job
Like I said earlier if you call that protocol then its clear you have a bias here. Not once was anybody sent to a direct corner and told to stay there like you see with most f!ghts. This sh*t tonight was chaos and not the way it should have been handled. Just go read all the comments of all the boxing analysts and reporters that cover the sport. They all said Cortez fu*ked up so why don't you fans understand Cortez fu*ked up?

Its because you are trying to argue and ride Mayweather but thats not the point of debate here. Nobody cares anymore which f!ghter was right or wrong because their actions were actions of opportunity based on the negligence of the person in charge of the f!ght, Joe Cortez. sh*t, even earlier in the f!ght the announcers questioned why Cortez was reffing this f!ght after having some bad outings in other recent f!ghts.
 6 years ago '04        #369
KidKingGoD 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,089 | Props total: 614 614
pacqaio maybe able to get t floyd... but can he finish? Until the f!ght is made we'll never know.
 09-18-2011, 02:55 AM         #370
PradalSerey 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Vancouver said:
Tell me what has happened to every f!ghter who has tried to be agressive against Mayweather, have they been able to hit him?
telll me whats happened to every f!ghter whos tried to get technical against Pacquaio? did they win by decision?
 6 years ago '04        #371
spunkyXL 35 heat pts35
space
space
$1,455 | Props total: 1431 1431
Before the f!ght, the commentator said Ortiz gained 14lbs in one day..wtf
 09-18-2011, 02:58 AM         #372
PradalSerey 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Mayweathers a bi*ch,
Ortiz is soft,
Cortez is a sh*tty ref

They ALL fu*ked up, and theyre ALL getting paid.
lol @ Ortiz smiling like a mofo after the f!ght...

So in reality....Ortiz didnt lose....Mayweather didnt lose...

The boxing fans lost
 6 years ago '04        #373
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
 spunkyXL said:
Before the f!ght, the commentator said Ortiz gained 14lbs in one day..wtf
It was actually 17, he went from 147 to 164. Mayweather came in at 150 I believe.
 6 years ago '05        #374
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$36,999 | Props total: 1319 1319
 PradalSerey said:
Mayweathers a bi*ch,
Ortiz is soft,
Cortez is a sh*tty ref

They ALL fu*ked up, and theyre ALL getting paid.
lol @ Ortiz smiling like a mofo after the f!ght...

So in reality....Ortiz didnt lose....Mayweather didnt lose...

The boxing fans lost
Boxing lost
 6 years ago '10        #375
HeyCobra 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,062 | Props total: 2 2
 PradalSerey said:
telll me whats happened to every f!ghter whos tried to get technical against Pacquaio? did they win by decision?
i can tell you hes benn TKO, KO, and lost to a UD, so there are ways to beat him, how do you beat Mayweather? whats the blue print? ill wait
 6 years ago '04        #376
spunkyXL 35 heat pts35
space
space
$1,455 | Props total: 1431 1431
 psylence2k said:
It was actually 17, he went from 147 to 164.
How is that possible in one day?
 09-18-2011, 03:06 AM         #377
PradalSerey 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HeyCobra said:
i can tell you hes benn TKO, KO, and lost to a UD, so there are ways to beat him, how do you beat Mayweather? whats the blue print? ill wait
He evolves like a pokemon after every f!ght, his last loss was in 2005. He f!ghts anyone you put infront of him, and has moved up weightclasses just to add a challenge...

Mayweather hasnt fought ANYONE in their prime in years. Mayweather constantly ducks f!ghts he cant win and takes hiatus from boxing if he feels theres a challenger.

Pacquaio has
53 Wins (38 knockouts, 15 decisions), 3 Losses (2 by knockout, 1 by decision), 2 Draws

Mayweather has
42 Wins (26 knockouts, 16 decisions)

So if you want to be statistical about it, pacquaio has almost knocked out as many people as mayweather has fought.
 6 years ago '08        #378
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23326 23326
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Like I said earlier if you call that protocol then its clear you have a bias here. Not once was anybody sent to a direct corner and told to stay there like you see with most f!ghts. This sh*t tonight was chaos and not the way it should have been handled. Just go read all the comments of all the boxing analysts and reporters that cover the sport. They all said Cortez fu*ked up so why don't you fans understand Cortez fu*ked up?

Its because you are trying to argue and ride Mayweather but thats not the point of debate here. Nobody cares anymore which f!ghter was right or wrong because their actions were actions of opportunity based on the negligence of the person in charge of the f!ght, Joe Cortez. sh*t, even earlier in the f!ght the announcers questioned why Cortez was reffing this f!ght after having some bad outings in other recent f!ghts.
I walked you through the video step by step of Cortez actually doing his job and following the guidelines to the headbutt rules and you comeback with I'm biased Mayweather walked into the corner at 1:30, Cortez walks Ortiz to the opposite corner. 1:36, Mayweather clearly walks out of the corner and Ortiz comes back to the center as well.

Nothing I'm saying is biased, its right there in the video for all to see
 6 years ago '09        #379
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,414 | Props total: 12358 12358
 HeyCobra said:
But, people have tried that blueprint from way back in the beginning of Manny's career for some time now and he has yet to lose. So its time for some new blueprints dont you think?

and how can you get a blueprint for beating Floyd when he handpicks who he f!ghts so that he can use his phenomenal skills to embarrass them. Well, we know he cant take a punch but nobody can hit him or he makes sure the person f!ghting him cant hit him.

Both f!ghters have flaws the problem is we havent seen anybody expose those flaws recently and they wont sign on the line to see if one can expose the others flaws. Its all bullsh*t and both guys can move the fu*k on because we know they arent going to f!ght.
 6 years ago '07        #380
nastynoble 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,748 | Props total: 126 126
 PradalSerey said:
He evolves like a pokemon after every f!ght, his last loss was in 2005. He f!ghts anyone you put infront of him, and has moved up weightclasses just to add a challenge...

Mayweather hasnt fought ANYONE in their prime in years. Mayweather constantly ducks f!ghts he cant win and takes hiatus from boxing if he feels theres a challenger.

Pacquaio has
53 Wins (38 knockouts, 15 decisions), 3 Losses (2 by knockout, 1 by decision), 2 Draws

Mayweather has
42 Wins (26 knockouts, 16 decisions)

So if you want to be statistical about it, pacquaio has almost knocked out as many people as mayweather has fought.
so the fu*k what son? can you even recall half of the 38 knockouts? were they all prizef!ghters? my guess is that a good amount of them were bums.

and if youre saying that mayweather hasnt fought anyone in their prime, then what is your excuse about pacquio f!ghting the people that mayweather already beat? they must have been WAYYY past their prime in that case.

and how do you know there are f!ghts he cant win? how in the world do you figure that if they never fought?

the only f!ght mayweather cant win is again dumbasses like you and a PED'ed up Pacquiao.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
18 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
54 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
274 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy