Denzel Washington Offered Lead in Warner Bros. Remake of "THE SECRET IN THEIR EYES"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
176 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #1
7483 pageviews
38 comments

Brainwave 5389 heat pts5389
space
space
$18,418 | Props total: 5 5
Denzel Washington Offered Lead in Warner Bros. Remake of "THE SECRET IN THEIR EYES"

Denzel Washington has apparently been offered the lead role in Billy Ray’s remake of the Oscar winning 2009 Argentinian film The Secret in Their Eyes.

[pic - click to view]

Twitch reports that they’ve learned that the part has been offered to the thesp. The project is set up at Warner Bros, and is set to be written and directed by Billy Ray (Breach). The original film centered on a retired legal counselor who decides to write a novel in hopes of providing closure to one of his past unresolved homicide cases, as well as his unrequited love for his superior.

It’s important to note that actors are offered roles every day, so this news by no means affirms that Washington will take on the part. The actor is currently gearing up to star in director Robert Zemeckis’ return to live-action, the drama Flight. Washington will play a commercial airline pilot who’s heralded as a hero after piloting a damaged flight to safety. His newfound fame comes under scrutiny when an investigation is launched to determine whether or not he had been drinking before the flight. Production begins next month in Atlanta.

collider

38 comments for "Denzel Washington Offered Lead in Warner Bros. Remake of "THE SECRET IN THEIR EYES""

6 years ago '10        #2
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,899 | Props total: 21182 21182
Sounds good & I'm liking the plot to Flight.

Also, I was just wondering the other day if they should do a sequel or a prequel to Training Day. It sound idiotic but idk
 6 years ago '11        #3
j3rz 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,977 | Props total: 861 861
 Agentzer0oo0 said:

Also, I was just wondering the other day if they should do a sequel or a prequel to Training Day. It sound idiotic but idk
prequel to training day will never happen denzel is too old and a recast is a mistake
 6 years ago '06        #4
SM 38204 heat pts38204
space
space
$128,026 | Props total: 67815 67815

After losing the long-rumored lead in Spike Lee's 'Oldboy' remake to Josh Brolin, it looks like Denzel Washington found another remake to attach himself to. TwitchFilm is reporting that Denzel has been offered the lead role in the American remake of the 2009 award-winning Argentinian film, 'The Secret in Their Eyes.'

If you haven't seen it (and you should), 'The Secret in Their Eyes' is about a retired legal counselor who decides to revisit an unsolved homicide case as inspiration for his book. The more he uncovers and the more involved he gets with his former boss, the greater the danger becomes in his search for the truth. Written and directed by Juan Jose Campanella, the film won the 2010 Academy Award for Best Foreign-Language Film.

No confirmation from Denzel as of yet, but the remake will be written and directed by Billy Ray ('Breach') with a release date scheduled for sometime next year.

6 years ago '07        #5
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
its hard not to call this man the greatest actor of all time
 6 years ago '05        #6
Young OG 164 heat pts164
space
space
$18,247 | Props total: 13760 13760
he pilots a flight to safety? denzel you just saved two trains... can we get some diversity ?
 6 years ago '07        #7
MFKAD 55 heat pts55
space
space
space
$1,181 | Props total: 32 32
After losing the long-rumored lead in Spike Lee's 'Oldboy' remake to Josh Brolin..

when did this happen??
 6 years ago '10        #8
marx1684 
space
space
$4,835 | Props total: 4977 4977
He should do a suspense/horror film & play some1 kind of wacked out. He hasn't played a dark character w/a twist yet. He's played a bad guy but I'm looking more towards some People Under the Stairs/Psycho kind of ish.
 6 years ago '08        #9
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,934 | Props total: 687 687
 marx1684 said:
He should do a suspense/horror film & play some1 kind of wacked out. He hasn't played a dark character w/a twist yet. He's played a bad guy but I'm looking more towards some People Under the Stairs/Psycho kind of ish.
we see eye to eye. but hollywood cant handle it. that sh*t would make for an instant classic!
 09-16-2011, 05:41 PM         #10
₪ Skinny Bląc ₪ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
my n*gga
 6 years ago '10        #11
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,899 | Props total: 21182 21182
 j3rz said:
prequel to training day will never happen denzel is too old and a recast is a mistake
That's pretty much what I had in my mind but I wanted to hear people's thoughts. You hit it on the head that he's too old & somebody playing a younger alonzo probably wouldn't work. Still curious though.

That movie is so fu*king good...
 09-16-2011, 05:56 PM         #12
lifeundthescope 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
denzel making blockbuster after blockbuster.
 6 years ago '05        #13
AirForce318 
space
space
$12,402 | Props total: 677 677
 j3rz said:
They need a sequel to show what Jake did with that money....
 6 years ago '05        #14
HARBINGER|M 448 heat pts448
space
space
$48,308 | Props total: 6442 6442
that dude can make any character look good, no homo.. im talkin acting
sounds like somthin he can eat up
 09-16-2011, 07:23 PM         #15
proof1984 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RealTalk4YoAss said:
he pilots a flight to safety? denzel you just saved two trains... can we get some diversity ?
same sh*t I was thinking
 6 years ago '08        #16
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
greatest actor of all time

fa real i love this man
 6 years ago '07        #17
JohnDoe 207 heat pts207
space
space
$12,035 | Props total: 3900 3900
 Agentzer0oo0 said:

j3rz said:
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
That's pretty much what I had in my mind but I wanted to hear people's thoughts. You hit it on the head that he's too old & somebody playing a younger alonzo probably wouldn't work. Still curious though.

That movie is so fu*king good...

They should do a Prequel to training day but have Denzal's role played by Mike from The Wire......set it up the same kinda way have the dirty older cop schooling the young'in on the ropes of how to rob, k!ll etc.........would work good with Mel Gibson playing the bad cop.....dude would have instant heat an i think Mel would k!ll

Worse thing to do would be to make it too similar to the first but sh*t the 80's in LA a good storyline cant be that hard to pull together
 6 years ago '05        #18
awall 
space
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 38 38
da G.O.A.T
 09-17-2011, 07:46 AM         #19
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jesusplay said:
ok remaking a movie from 3 years ago?
The original joint was pretty ill

shorty that played moneys love interest in that sh1t was magically delicious!
 6 years ago '05        #20
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,424 | Props total: 4766 4766
 jesusplay said:
ok remaking a movie from 3 years ago?

released 2 years apart, so they probably started working on it less than a year after the original came out...Hollywood bout that money...
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
188 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago