Netflix restricts account sharing, limits one stream per account

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
53 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
298 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
84 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
7007 pageviews
94 comments

Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
Netflix restricts account sharing, limits one stream per account

Netflix has long had a policy on limiting the number of films streaming at any given time, but never took the steps to enforce it. Likely started with the price increase on September 1, the company took steps to squash the volume of video streamed through the service and customers can only watch a single piece of content on one device at a time. For instance, if a user starts and watches Good Will Hunting on an iPhone while working out at the gym, a friend or family member trying to use Netflix to watch a movie at home on a device like the PlayStation 3 or Roku 2 XS would get an error message about the limitations of the account. This move also puts pressure on consumers that share accounts across different households.

The volume of devices that can access Netflix streaming is dependent on the current plan. If a Netflix user is on the 2-disc-at-a-time plan in addition to paying for streaming service, that account can access content on two different devices at the same time. However, these combo packages start at $19.98 and range up to $29.98 for four discs with streaming. Consumers also have the option of purchasing multiple streaming subscriptions to increase the number of devices that can access streaming content at an additional cost of $7.99 per account. However, it appears that television programs haven’t fallen under the same restrictions as feature films. For example, a user could watch an episode of Mad Men while another friend or family member watches Iron Man 2 on another authorized device.

This restriction is surely to come under fire by the remaining subscribers to the streaming service after the September 1 price increase of 60 percent. The future of Netflix’s content library is also uncertain after Starz pulled out of negotiations for renewing the service and plans to pull all content by February 28, 2012.

Source -
[pic - click to view]

Yahoo!

94 comments for "Netflix restricts account sharing, limits one stream per account"

6 years ago '06        #2
991 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,688 | Props total: 741 741
Netflix turned into doo doo real fast
 6 years ago '04        #3
Jasonb619 
space
space
$3,242 | Props total: 60 60
 991 said:
Netflix turned into doo doo real fast
Yup, basically and they are losing Starz along with their stupid changes and price increases. Let's see what they do when a lot of people cancel their subscriptions.
 6 years ago '04        #4
Barcode 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,145 | Props total: 27 27
Damn, Netflix took out Blockbuster.
Then Cable companies are slowly aiding their downfall. . .
 6 years ago '05        #5
monrowe 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,025 | Props total: 537 537
i was just watching fast money on on fox busniess channel and they were talking about how netflix is hurting with some of its changes right now their model being broken now that they have split the cost on streaming and dvds...losing customers regularly and now this where if im head of house and i get netflix for my family i might want to watch a movie on my bluray stream and my son my want to watch a tv show thru xbox in his room and my daughter is on the train wanting to watch something else it will cause a problem . when you make too many negative changes in one bump you look greedy and unstable and people leave....stock is down
 6 years ago '05        #6
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,457 | Props total: 25149 25149
....I Never Got Caught Up In This Netflix sh*t and From The News I Been Hearing Since The Changes,Thank God I Didnt. If They Fall Off....Blockbusters Might Pick Back Up.
 6 years ago '09        #7
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,122 | Props total: 22572 22572
netflix been real good to me since i first signed up but i might have to cancel if they on that bullsh*t
 6 years ago '05        #8
swyshasweets 
space
space
$2,001 | Props total: 271 271
the movies suck a.ss on netflix...cancelled that sh*t....the new releases are still the same since i signed up over 7months ago...i get better movies in the jukebox free
 6 years ago '06        #9
TheKastOne 
space
space
$2,083 | Props total: 270 270
DAMN i share my sh*t too
 6 years ago '10        #10
RedLight 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,406 | Props total: 2348 2348
another company is going to role by and pick the ball... netflix is fu*king up
 09-15-2011, 05:38 PM         #11
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think I'm about to cancel my subscription
 6 years ago '04        #12
famoussasjohn 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,705 | Props total: 193 193
Netflix can go fu*k themselves. I think I'm going to cancel now for the bullsh*t they are pulling now. The price hike alone was pushing it..they don't truly offer sh*t.
 6 years ago '07        #13
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,600 | Props total: 914 914
Didn't they just say they weren't cutting this "feature"?

Netflix better have one fat a.ss ace in their pocket to be pullin all this sh*t right now. How you gonna f!ght the real illegal streaming/downloading with service policies like this? I guess they're a.ssuming I'm gonna stop using my side chick's mom's account and buy my own... fu*k outta here

thank u based jukebox.
 6 years ago '05        #14
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
$16,827 | Props total: 2 2
another reason I'm glad I already canceled my account
 6 years ago '05        #15
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,201 | Props total: 11808 11808
Strike 2.....
 6 years ago '04        #16
dj X 33 heat pts33
space
space
$18,739 | Props total: 6444 6444
 THEINFAMOUS said:
Strike 2.....
 6 years ago '09        #17
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,431 | Props total: 12370 12370
Another business decision by Netflix. Way too many people were subscribing and just telling friends, family members and others their password info so they could watch too. I understand Netflix on this one because I had a relative or two cop the password without me knowing it and was all up in my queue changing sh*t and putting sh*t I wasn't watching in there for themselves.

This sucks though because when I'm watching something on the PS3, my wife cant watch her shows and sh*t. Oh well, adjustment time
 6 years ago '09        #18
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,431 | Props total: 12370 12370
I misread, I can watch movies while she watches her shows. :dancingcool:
 6 years ago '05        #19
space
space
 Rico23 said:
my girl gonna be salty cuz she shares her cousins Netflix that lives in AZ, but I use blockbuster online
What they movie selection/prices like?
 6 years ago '05        #20
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
I misread, I can watch movies while she watches her shows. :dancingcool:
Yeah for a dub a month
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
111 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
117 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
36 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
74 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
65 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy