NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
6615 pageviews
15 comments

JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4329 4329
Tom Hardy's Warrior Workout

British film star Tom Hardy had to get into the shape of his life for mixed martial arts film Warrior. Follow his muscle maxims and you too can pack on lean muscle worthy of the Octagon.

Hardy’s trainer, Pnut, has a simple but unorthodox method for bulking fast. “I call my philosophy ‘signalling’,” he says. “Throughout the day you need to send constant signals to your body, so that it adapts in the direction you point it in. It’s better to do 10 press-ups every hour than 100 in a single burst. If you do things often enough, your body adapts for the task you set it, and you evolve.”

Pnut recommends performing these exercises four times a day – when you wake up, at lunchtime, when you get home from work and before bed. It should only take about 20 minutes, but don’t rush. Use light weights and move slowly through the exercises, concentrating on perfect form. Start by doing it in the morning and evening, and then gradually add the other sessions in. If you want to pile on muscle as soon as possible, you’re going to have to get used to working out little but often. “Remember,” says Pnut, “there are no shortcuts.”

The circuit
Perform these 3 exercises back-to-back, in sets of 10 reps, then 7 reps, then 5 reps, then 3 reps, each with no recovery time between each movement.

Press-ups

Perform the first set with your hands shoulder-width apart. For the next set, do it with your forefingers and thumbs forming a ‘diamond’ shape below your chest. For the third set, have your hands wider than shoulder-width apart. And for the final set, ball your fists and rest on your knuckles.

Shoulder flies

Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, holding an 8kg kettlebell (or dumb bell) in each hand, palms forward. Raise your arms through 180 degrees, maintaining your palm position, until your fists meet above your head. Lower to the start position. To increase difficulty, up the weight or stand on one leg.

Dips

Sit on the ground, legs straight in front of you, and grab the seat of a chair with your hands behind you (fingers pointing towards your body). Keep your back straight and push down on the chair to raise your backside off the floor until your arms are extended. Lower yourself until you are almost touching the floor. That’s one rep.

Read the rest here:
[pic - click to view]

Tom Hardy's 'Warrior' workout :: Men's Health

15 comments for "Tom Hardy's Warrior Workout"

6 years ago '07        #2
Grave 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,788 | Props total: 200 200
Whatdo u guys think?
 6 years ago '05        #3
Avenger772 14 heat pts14
space
space
$1,248 | Props total: 132 132
What about the legs?
 6 years ago '06        #4
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
No abs no back. This is missing something.
 6 years ago '07        #5
Royce207 
space
space
$2,958 | Props total: 3 3
 Blood Edge said:

I don't know about doing that exclusively, but that seems like a worth addition to any routine...especially for people with busy lives
exactly what I thought, on its own this isn't difficult, hardest part would be the dumbbell shoulder extension sh*t, that being said anyone who complains about not having time to exercise needs to try this .. I'm gonna do it tmr at the end of my lift and see what's up
 09-15-2011, 09:05 AM         #6
jackedNtan 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Grave said:
Whatdo u guys think?
i think doing body weight exercises exclusively yields limited results
 6 years ago '10        #7
#JewLife 111 heat pts111
space
space
$17,767 | Props total: 7338 7338
 jackedNtan said:
i think doing body weight exercises exclusively yields limited results
depending on how many of them u do. u go to the gym and do chest for a hour ... then the next week do push ups and dips for a hour ... tell me whats harder
 6 years ago '08        #8
portis187 29 heat pts29
space
space
$7,074 | Props total: 2280 2280
 Thee Yung Star said:
depending on how many of them u do. u go to the gym and do chest for a hour ... then the next week do push ups and dips for a hour ... tell me whats harder
going to the gym & doing bench presses & dips with weights would be harder then doing a sh*t load of push ups. Unless your trying to look like trey songs or something.
 6 years ago '10        #9
mcruz 2 heat pts
space
space
$562 | Props total: 0 0
Im a little confused. From my understanding if you want to get bigger compound exercises are the way to go. This warrior workout has no squats or deadlifts. Is this even worth a try since Tom Hardy is pretty big (pause), or is this all bullsh*t?
 6 years ago '04        #10
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 597 597
I think I'd build more muscle playing computer games.........

Thee Yung Star said:
So many variables to factor. I could do 10 push-ups and 10 dips than rest for the hour.
 6 years ago '04        #11
mistatnn 
space
space
$5,466 | Props total: 2953 2953
Whats some good ab exercises. I recently started running more since I was noticing some belly fat starting to accumulate(all that drinking lol). Been running 5 days a week for 3 weeks now and I wanted to incoporate some simple ab exercises. Would simply doing some situps be enough?
 6 years ago '06        #12
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,789 | Props total: 2311 2311
This workout routine looks like garbage BUT Tom Hardy was fu*king jacked in the movie and had the largest trap muscles ive ever seen. I highly doubt this was the only things he was doing while training for the movie.
 6 years ago '09        #13
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,308 | Props total: 7965 7965
thats not all though, i seen the video of tom hardy training and believe me, he was doing some outrageous sh*t......his trainer had him doing some unorthodox workouts but i can see why they would a.ssist in muscle growth

edit:

heres a sample vid

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Jacc Blacc; 09-16-2011 at 06:01 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #14
JFamis 235 heat pts235 OP
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4329 4329

[video - click to view]

09-30-2011, 10:01 PM         #15
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total: