Week 2 Gameday Thread : Oakland Raiders Vs. Buffalo Bills

most viewed right now
 Video inside Diddy gets clowned on TV...
14 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
138 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Went To The 4:44 Tour Last Night
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
22 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

?
Raiders 24 68.57%
Bills 11 31.43%
Voters: 35. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #1
7383 pageviews
472 comments

theFREAK 3685 heat pts3685
space
space
$53,745 | Props total: 38638 38638
Week 2 Gameday Thread : Oakland Raiders Vs. Buffalo Bills

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

It's a long journey to reach the NFL playoffs and it's been a long time since Oakland and Buffalo played beyond the regular season.

Through one game so far, though, the Raiders and Bills have gotten off on the right foot to end their respective droughts.

Oakland looks to go 2-0 for the first time in nine years Sunday when it visits Buffalo, which heads into its home opener off one of the most decisive victories in franchise history.

The Raiders made new head coach Hue Jackson a winner in his debut, 23-20 at Denver on Monday night. Jason Campbell finished with two touchdowns and Sebastian Janikowski kicked three field goals, including an NFL record-tying 63-yarder just before halftime.

Oakland is trying to start with back-to-back wins for the first time since its last postseason appearance in 2002, when it eventually lost to Tampa Bay - and former Raiders head coach Jon Gruden - in the Super Bowl. Jackson understands the importance of a 2-0 start for a team that went 37-91 under Bill Callahan, Norv Turner, Art Shell, Lane Kiffin and Tom Cable after last being in the playoffs and knows success won't come easy.

"It would mean a ton to this football team," Jackson said Wednesday. "We know we have to travel, we know we're going back east, we know we're playing a team that is 1-0 also, and a team that played very well in Kansas City."

Buffalo is coming off last Sunday's stunning 41-7 rout of the defending AFC West champion Chiefs - the team's sixth-most lopsided victory ever. The Bills defense, which ranked last against the run last season, held Kansas City to 108 yards on 18 carries while winning for just the second time in the last six season openers.

"We're done patting everybody on the back," said Buffalo quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, who matched a career high with four scoring passes. "Our guys are looking forward to the next game and continuing to get better every game."

For the Bills go 2-0 for the first time since 2008, the offensive line will need to handle a Raiders rush defense that limited Denver to just 38 yards on the ground. Oakland has finished 29th or lower in run defense each of the last four years, allowing an average of 148.7 yards per game.

Defensive tackle Richard Seymour finished with two of Oakland's four sacks Monday, and no Raider defender had more than five tackles.

"Up front, this is maybe the biggest, most physical team that we'll see," Fitzpatrick said. "All those guys have great size, they have great motors, they're going to be able to get some pressure on me."

While Buffalo's defensive line had no trouble stopping Kansas City's running backs, the unit could have trouble against Oakland, which ran for 190 yards in the opener. After rushing for more than 1,100 yards last year, Darren McFadden carried the ball 22 times for 150 yards in his 2011 debut - the third-highest total of his career.

"This week is a big challenge for us," Bills nose tackle Kyle Williams. "It's another team that was high up on the rushing charts. Good running back, solid offensive line."

The Bills also boast a premier running back in Fred Jackson, who had 20 carries for 112 yards against the Chiefs. It was Jackson's eighth 100-yard game and fourth in the last nine contests.

He isn't ready to have a championship parade just yet.

"You've got to be confident in yourself and know what you're capable of as a team," he said. "But by no means did we win the Super Bowl (Sunday). ... It's one win. That's all it is."

Oakland could have a key piece on offense making his debut Sunday. Tight end Kevin Boss missed Monday's game due to a knee injury suffered late last month, but practiced Wednesday.

"It's been a long time, but it's good to have him out there in a limited capacity moving around and catching balls, but we'll see where he is as we keep moving forward," Hue Jackson said.

Boss, who caught 119 passes and 18 touchdowns in four seasons with the New York Giants and helped them win a Super Bowl as a rookie, signed a four-year deal with the Raiders in August after Oakland lost Zach Miller to Seattle in free agency.
The game marks the 36th league meeting between the Raiders and Bills. The Raiders hold a 19-16 advantage over Buffalo since 1960 when the teams began pro football competition as original members of the American Football League.

The teams played twice a year from 1960-65 and 1967-68 and have played twice in the postseason—in the 1990 AFC Championship Game and the 1993 AFC Divisional Playoff contest.

The folks at OddsShark opened up the line on the Oakland Raiders-Buffalo Bills game and the Bills opened as four point favorites. The line has since come down a point to three, but the Bills remained favored. The over/under for the game sits at 43 points.

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Last edited by theFREAK; 09-16-2011 at 01:08 AM..

472 comments for "Week 2 Gameday Thread : Oakland Raiders Vs. Buffalo Bills"

6 years ago '07        #2
theFREAK 3685 heat pts3685 OP
space
space
Bills favored by 4. Will update thread daily like I usually do.
 6 years ago '05        #3
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
I got Raiders in this one.
 6 years ago '10        #4
SoulOnIce 67 heat pts67
space
space
space
$13,784 | Props total: 983 983

Raiders will get the W.
 6 years ago '07        #5
Hunedz|M 38 heat pts38
space
space
$6,414 | Props total: 3 3
I can already see the penalties coming, hope I'm wrong!
 09-14-2011, 11:05 PM         #6
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Raiders....

But lookout for the bills defense to keep up, game is gonna be close.
 6 years ago '07        #7
space
space
Poll added.
 09-14-2011, 11:12 PM         #8
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Meh...
 6 years ago '05        #9
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
I watched Inside The NFL and everyone took the Bills.

I'm used to Sapp's fat a.ss hating and even that other lame Sims being a d!ck. I was hoping my boy Collinsworth would support us, but no... again, all the 'experts' are picking against the Raiders.

6 years ago '07        #10
space
space
 I'm The Dan said:

I'm used to Sapp's fat a.ss hating and even that other lame Sims being a d!ck. I was hoping my boy Collinsworth would support us, but no... again, all the 'experts' are picking against the Raiders.

I hate Sapp with a passion.

And yeah 73 % for the experts also on Yahoo Sports in favor of Buffalo.
 6 years ago '05        #11
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
Yeah. I really hope we win this game. The next two weeks we get the Jets and the Pats. Jets is winnable, but those damn Pats are looking ridiculous right now.
 6 years ago '06        #12
Stackz 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,754 | Props total: 557 557
 theFREAK said:
Bills favored by 4. Will update thread daily like I usually do.
4pts.

thats how many buffalo fans there are.
 6 years ago '05        #13
slanger55 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,618 | Props total: 889 889
checkin in.........

gonna be tuff for the raiders on a short week and a cross country flight to play an early game.

front 4 gonna be hard to contain.

bills still win tho and stay undefeated.
 6 years ago '04        #14
cali22buck 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 42 42
 slanger55 said:
checkin in.........

gonna be tuff for the raiders on a short week and a cross country flight to play an early game.

One thing that gives me hope is you guys k!lled the Chefs, but gave up 100 yards rushing still on only 16 carries...

We will run down your throats all day if we get that kind of avg..

And you guys only had 2 sacks..
 6 years ago '07        #15
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,273 | Props total: 15134 15134
 slanger55 said:
checkin in.........

I hope you talmbout our front 4, and if so then...

yall aint stoppin our run game, McFadden is too versatile. Charles is a 1 dimensional runner. McFadden can hurt you between the seams or on the outsides, and that n*gga can catch and block. Best back in the league and only 2nd to AD if you wanna say he's better. That's the only dude seeing RUN DMC.
 6 years ago '07        #16
space
space
S Huff, WR Ford and DT Seymour miss second straight practice

Wide receiver Jacoby Ford, defensive tackle Richard Seymour and free safety Michael Huff are among those who aren’t practicing today.

That doesn’t rule out any of the three from playing against the Buffalo Bills on Sunday. However, it does make them less likely, given they haven’t practiced at all this week.

Huff is nursing a groin injury that he suffered against the Denver Broncos on Monday night. Ford strained a hamstring and Seymour hurt his ribs in the same game.

Seymour had two of Oakland’s five sacks against the Broncos, so the Raiders would be hard-pressed to replace him from a production standpoint. If he can’t play, it means more playing time for Desmond Bryant and John Henderson.

Nick Miller ran several plays opposite Darrius Heyward-Bey at wide receiver with the first-team offense this morning. The smart money says, Chaz Schilens and Heyward-Bey start, with Denarius Moore and Miller receiving added playing time if Ford can’t play Sunday.

On the bright side for the Raiders, running back Darren McFadden (shoulder), quarterback Jason Campbell (foot), defensive end Jarvis Moss (foot) and cornerback Joe Porter (concussion) are at practice and looking fine.

Three new officials are presiding over practice, at coach Hue Jackson’s request. Jackson said the officials who worked Wednesday’s practice weren’t there to collect dust.

“I told them, ‘Throw a flag, throw it. Don’t hesitate,” Jackson said. “And they didn’t. They were very aggressive, and we only had a few, so that was a good thing. We won the battle (Wednesday). We only had about … three or four. It wasn’t 15, I promise you that.”
 09-15-2011, 02:27 PM         #17
Braz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I'm The Dan said:
As they should.
 6 years ago '07        #18
Dope Bai 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 10 10
Bills bout to be 2- 0
 6 years ago '08        #19
Dunknown24 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,022 | Props total: 720 720
I'm so juiced they're showing this game in AZ
fu*k a stream
Kush n big screens

I think the raiders got this as long as they play smart.
We don't need Campbell to make huge plays and/or mistakes.
Let Run DMC n the Dline tear em up n go with the flow
 09-15-2011, 03:42 PM         #20
Braz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dope Bai said:
Bills bout to be 2- 0
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
43 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
40 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
77 comments
21 hours ago