J. Cole feat. Jay-Z - Mr. Nice Watch Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
122 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #361
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 thegoldenhero said:

[pic - click to view]

basically if you like n*ggas in paris or who gon stop me than i don't see how you can't like this song but if you didn't like those two songs i definitely see what you griping about
word, this song is basically n*ggas in paris
 6 years ago '10        #362
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,834 | Props total: 20727 20727
 HeyCobra said:
We should start a boxden thread where each week we pick like 4 songs, and dont make threads on them, then on friday we all post our thoughts, with some sort of time stamp to prove you didnt change your opinion on a song off of what some other clown said.

i really think people would start enjoying music more, stop hating for the fun of it, oh and did i say start enjoying music again.

honestly its like people see 10 people hate, so then they just start hateing so they dont feel dumb for liking some sh*t. and vise versa, sh*t could be a terrible song but like 9 people think its dope so people start acting like its dope even when its trash.

maybe this is a terrible idea, but honestly, there been songs i like and you fu*kers make me second guess myself, and i gotta get off the net and listen again and im like they trippin

:agreement6::agreement6::agreement6::agreement6::a greement6:

That was my whole thing with this song. I haven't heard it yet but by the overall look of it, it seems the lyricism isn't really there but the beat is nice. I look at it like hip-hop isn't & wasn't always about lyricism 24-7. You NEED tracks where it's a fire beat & ok/decent lyrics.

People get so caught up in being a underground fan that they forget about just enjoying songs & having fun. And that last sentence you wrote, I completely agree with you.
 6 years ago '05        #363
Danger Zone 58 heat pts58
space
space
$34,153 | Props total: 18406 18406
Is it me or does this beat seem like somethin Wayne would be on?

The song is
 6 years ago '05        #364
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,331 | Props total: 1654 1654
 thegoldenhero said:
ehhhh fu*k it take my L

[pic - click to view]

lmao

Nah, I don't know what else to say to those who don't like it. It's a pretty divisive song, especially for longtime Cole fans. It's not what you'd expect, but for those who appreciate curveballs, this is actually pretty good.

Well, at least now more people know Cole's got an album out. 20 pages for a single track and no album out... Cole succeeded in at least that - getting people to discuss, even if it's for the wrong reasons at times.
 6 years ago '05        #365
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
 HeyCobra said:
We should start a boxden thread where each week we pick like 4 songs, and dont make threads on them, then on friday we all post our thoughts, with some sort of time stamp to prove you didnt change your opinion on a song off of what some other clown said.

i really think people would start enjoying music more, stop hating for the fun of it, oh and did i say start enjoying music again.

honestly its like people see 10 people hate, so then they just start hateing so they dont feel dumb for liking some sh*t. and vise versa, sh*t could be a terrible song but like 9 people think its dope so people start acting like its dope even when its trash.

maybe this is a terrible idea, but honestly, there been songs i like and you fu*kers make me second guess myself, and i gotta get off the net and listen again and im like they trippin
Yo, this is so true! When I was riding to this in the car, all I could think about was "man, for the people who don't like it, they should really replay this track 2-3 times in the car and see how they feel afterwards."

Cole's not known for these Tron-sounding beats, and it even floats around the dubstep sound, but you can't really blame the man for venturing out of his sound he's had for FOUR YEARS now.

He's branching out on ONE SONG and some of y'all ready to give up on him, calling him a sellout. Sh*t, if you were in the booth for 4 years and all your fans wanted was the same old stuff with no tracks that let you go HAM then it'd be pretty boring being a rapper.

Let the sound sink in. You'll like it more.
 6 years ago '10        #366
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,834 | Props total: 20727 20727
 Left Hook said:
Yo, this is so true! When I was riding to this in the car, all I could think about was "man, for the people who don't like it, they should really replay this track 2-3 times in the car and see how they feel afterwards."

Cole's not known for these Tron-sounding beats, and it even floats around the dubstep sound, but you can't really blame the man for venturing out of his sound he's had for FOUR YEARS now.

He's branching out on ONE SONG and some of y'all ready to give up on him, calling him a sellout. Sh*t, if you were in the booth for 4 years and all your fans wanted was the same old stuff with no tracks that let you go HAM then it'd be pretty boring being a rapper.

[video - click to view]

Start @4:33..

:agreement6::agreement6::agreement6:
 6 years ago '10        #367
HeyCobra 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,062 | Props total: 2 2
 Left Hook said:

i know alot of people got pissed when Wiz "sold out" and if you compare Cole to wiz, (granted wiz had a smash hit) Cole isnt really selling out, just changing it up. and i dont really have a problem with it, i like progression.

and my whole pervious post (although fitting) wasnt even about cole, just in general theres to many times a song leaks and im at work, and i come home and read 20 pages of bullsh*t hate on it, then i finally play it 2 weeks later, and im like no way this is the track people where hateing so hard on.

people are way to quick to listen, comment, then wait for the next track to leak. and i get it, technology and all, but there was something so refreshing about WTT not leaking, it just made me like music again
 6 years ago '05        #368
ChickzNKickz 100 heat pts100
space
space
$10,981 | Props total: 10678 10678
Track is trash....
 09-15-2011, 12:41 AM         #369
Dr Seuss 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
anyone got a n*gga count on hov?
 09-15-2011, 12:59 AM         #370
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm one of the first to hate on J. Cole for his mediocrity but I like this.

His boss did k!ll him on his own sh*t, though.
 6 years ago '08        #371
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,736 | Props total: 12162 12162
sh*ts ill, fuk what yall talknbout

Karolina stand up
 6 years ago '05        #372
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
 Gramz said:
I'm one of the first to hate on J. Cole for his mediocrity but I like this.

His boss did k!ll him on his own sh*t, though.
 6 years ago '04        #373
Dollaz 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,808 | Props total: 117 117

[pic - click to view]

09-15-2011, 03:04 AM         #374
CIDF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Song gonna murder the radio.. lmao @ haters in here this sh*t bang . NO MORE MR NICE GUY ITS MR NICE WATCH BROKE n*ggaS TRYNA RELATE BUT INSTEAD THEY JUST HATE
 09-15-2011, 03:13 AM         #375
.aviator.man. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k Jay-z is fu*kkkkkinnn niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeee
 6 years ago '09        #376
abstruse 
space
space
$2,158 | Props total: 334 334
jay did his thing but fu*k outta here

we don't expect this kind of sh*t on cole world,soulful sh*t or gtfo
 09-15-2011, 03:21 AM         #377
sourkush 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This the n*gga yall said was better then Weezy?
 6 years ago '07        #378
Ole-G 347 heat pts347
space
space
$10,235 | Props total: 13 13
is dirty version out ?
 09-15-2011, 03:30 AM         #379
TheMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #380
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
 Ole-G said:
is dirty version out ?
Yeah it is, somewhere around page 10 I think..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
262 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
103 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
32 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
98 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy