NBA 2K12 "Training Camp" insight

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
145 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
71 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
7121 pageviews
40 comments

Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
NBA 2K12 "Training Camp" insight

Hello everyone,

Jerson Sapida, Gameplay Producer, here with my first Developer Insight for NBA 2K12. I want to introduce our new Training Camp mode for NBA 2K12. Before I get into the details of the feature, let me first take this time to thank you, our fans, for the overall success of last year’s NBA 2K11. It’s been a hectic and fun dev cycle for 2K12 (yes, both can co-exist) and I’m excited to share with you what we’ve put in for this year’s game. Now on to the Insight!

During the development of NBA 2K12, one of our main goals was to create a mode where the user can learn both the basic and advanced moves that the game has to offer. This should be a mode where someone new to 2K basketball can just jump in and master the controls with ease. At the same time, it should also offer veterans of the series something deeper to give them that extra winning edge. But we didn’t want to stop there. To make learning the moves fun and easy, we implemented a Feedback System. This system works in 2 ways: first, you will see the move performed by the AI, showing you the buttons needed to be pressed and/or stick input. Second, the Feedback System precisely detects when and where you made a mistake when you are attempting to do a particular move.

And with that, Training Camp is born.

Lessons

Training Camp takes you through all the facets of NBA 2K12’s gameplay. The moves are categorically broken down by Lessons. There are a total of 9 lessons in all:

Jump Shots – Shots such as the fadeaway, escape dribble pull-up, stepback jumper, spin jumper, etc.
Layups and Dunks – Master the Shotstick with moves such as hop step layup, reverse dunks, change shot, etc.
Triple Threat – Learn the moves at your disposal pre-dribble; jab step, protect, and dribble launches.
Dribble Moves - Moves with a live dribble; crossover, in-and-out, behind the back, etc.
Post Offense – Learn the all new post system; spin fake, aggressive drive, shimmy shots, etc.
Post Defense – How to counter and defend post moves.
Off-Ball Offense - Moving without the ball; moves such as screens, jukes, spin cuts, and stutter cuts.
On-Ball Defense – Learn how to shut down the ballhandler.
Passing and Offense – Advanced passing such as give-and-go and alley-oop.

[pic - click to view]

Click
[pic - click to view]

here
for high resolution

Mentors

Before I go any deeper, let me first talk about the Mentors in the mode (as you probably noticed in the image above). For each lessons in Training Camp, a Mentor awaits. His role is to teach you all the moves from that lesson and provide you with tips on how to master them.

For instance, in the Jump Shots lesson, Kobe Bryant will be training with Michael Jordan. You will be in control of Kobe during training. As you progress through Training Camp, new Player/Mentor pairings awaits you. Dwight Howard and Hakeem Olajuwon is another one.

[pic - click to view]

Click
[pic - click to view]

here
for high resolution

The Mentor’s role in Training Camp is the following:

Show you how to do each particular move
Provide you with additional tips that can be applied in competitive play
Challenge you to a test after each lesson

Learning Moves

As soon as you begin training and practicing a specific move, the Mentor will first show you how the move is performed. During this, you will notice a controller graphic on the screen. While the Mentor is demonstrating, the controller will actually mimic his movements. Think of it as watching someone who has mastered the game showing you the commands. The on-screen controller displays the following:

Buttons/Stick required to do the move are highlighted to show you the gesture
A step-by-step description of the command

[pic - click to view]

Click
[pic - click to view]

here
for high resolution

The controller graphic is really helpful since it will give you visual feedback on how the move is actually performed. If a particular move requires a half-circle gesture with the Left Stick, you will notice the Mentor move his stick in that direction. This is very helpful since it will also show you where it needs to start and end from. There is no more guesswork required.

If you run into a move that comes off as particularly difficult, the Mentor will be there to give you some pointers. For instance, when you fail a move, the Mentor might give you a tip to steer you in the right direction. You may be pushing your stick too soon or too early, not holding a particular trigger, or flat out just not listening to a word he says. Either way, he’ll be sure to let you know.

[pic - click to view]

Click
[pic - click to view]

here
for high resolution

At any point during training, you can ask your Mentor to show you the move again. Use the Mentor a.ssist when you are having any trouble performing a move.

Moves Challenge

At the end of each Lesson, the Mentor will want to make sure that you remembered everything he taught you. Let’s say you finished going through all of the Post Offense moves with Hakeem. After doing so, he will challenge you to a game. In order to pass the challenge, you must use the moves you learned during the lesson. There is a required score that you must meet in order to pass. Once you accumulate enough points, you can then move on to the next Lesson. Don’t worry, he’ll take it easy on you. Or will he?

[pic - click to view]

Click
[pic - click to view]

here
for high resolution

To those new to the NBA 2K series definitely check this mode out when you get the game. Even if you are a longtime 2K gamer, I still recommend jumping into Training Camp. There are new controls and mechanics in NBA 2K12 that you will want to know about. New post moves, dribble moves, Shotstick controls, and defensive controls, just to name a few. Future gameplay insights will delve into these mechanics in detail, but for now I will say that there will be much to learn in NBA 2K12.

At any point in Training Camp, you can quit out and resume it again at a later time. The game will save your progress to your Profile save file.

Oh, one more thing before I sign off: as an added incentive, there is a special reward to those who complete Training Camp.

Until next time...
- Jerson Sapida

a.k.a. DaCurse

Next NBA 2K12 Developer Insight: "Creating a Legend" by Erick Boenisch - Wednesday, September 14th, 2011

Source for those of who can't read it on this site
[pic - click to view]

http://www.facebook.com/n .. 50288750897267

Last edited by Da Ill One; 09-12-2011 at 01:13 PM..

40 comments for "NBA 2K12 "Training Camp" insight"

6 years ago '04        #2
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
space
$45,508 | Props total: 4990 4990
Pics being upped now
 6 years ago '10        #3
DurtySoufReppin 76 heat pts76
space
space
$7,718 | Props total: 14 14
re-post.............

Last edited by DurtySoufReppin; 09-12-2011 at 01:36 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #4
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
$21,490 | Props total: 9774 9774
This game looks amazing. Only wished they had a NFL game to go with this masterpiece
 6 years ago '10        #5
space
space
Post Offense – Learn the all new post system; spin fake, aggressive drive, shimmy shots, etc.
Aggresive Drive.. Guess this means we can finally play like the real Stoudamire
 6 years ago '10        #6
burgboi 24 heat pts24
space
space
$1,972 | Props total: 903 903
Thank you Based 2k

cant wait for Oct 4th!
 6 years ago '05        #7
Rockobox 76 heat pts76
space
space
$12,376 | Props total: 1 1
Kobe the player and Jordan the mentor, huh?

Shots fired

BTW I'm loving this mode...there's 9 different jumpshots ima have to learn? This is gonna be sick.
 09-12-2011, 02:07 PM         #8
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bill russell better be the defensive mentor
 6 years ago '10        #9
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
Easily the greatest feature of NBA 2K12 hands down. Teach these cheesin n*ggas how to play instead of wiggling around the basket and cheesing lead passes.
 6 years ago '10        #10
burgboi 24 heat pts24
space
space
$1,972 | Props total: 903 903
Honestly, I have never been able to get the post moves down. My favorite team is the Magic, and I rarely have big games with Dwight. Hopefully, I'll get this down and start abusing people online (hardly, since i'll be on PC). Maybe I can make a My Player that isn't a PG, SG, or SF now.
 6 years ago '07        #11
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
 JayDawn said:
This game looks amazing. Only wished they had a NFL game to go with this masterpiece
Have faith.

That day will soon come.

And the people shall rejoice.
 6 years ago '05        #12
Afnorth123 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,422 | Props total: 247 247
damn...cant wait...
 6 years ago '11        #13
enViouss 
space
space
$159 | Props total: 0 0
:celebrate0:
 6 years ago '05        #14
Rockobox 76 heat pts76
space
space
$12,376 | Props total: 1 1
 burgboi said:
Honestly, I have never been able to get the post moves down. My favorite team is the Magic, and I rarely have big games with Dwight. Hopefully, I'll get this down and start abusing people online (hardly, since i'll be on PC). Maybe I can make a My Player that isn't a PG, SG, or SF now.
I beast with Dwight in that paint, boy.

All the n*ggas I play jump to block the shot with the slightest movement I do, so I just hit em with a few up and unders and it's 30 points each game
 6 years ago '04        #15
Socer38910 
space
space
$2,834 | Props total: 63 63
not really going to be too into this mode. i was hoping this training camp mode went along with crew. where we could play pick up games with our crew teammates and practice
 6 years ago '10        #16
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,831 | Props total: 20691 20691
Fantastic feature. This is something that I wanted a while back but didn't hold my breath out for.

Gonna be spending hours just practicing in this mode.
 6 years ago '08        #17
gagethedesigner 16 heat pts16
space
space
$9,742 | Props total: 366 366
nice, i really need help with my post game. I know a few moves with players like Kobe & Howard but i've seen ppl do sh*t in me I didn't even know was possible, and you know how them bastards are, they dont wanna tell you sh*t
 6 years ago '10        #18
duval88 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 397 397
 Rockobox said:
Kobe the player and Jordan the mentor, huh?

Shots fired

burgboi said:

struggling with dwight in the paint? If you don't know any other move with dwight, at least learn the drop step by tapping the turbo button while in the post. dwight abuses n*ggas down there

gagethedesigner said:
nice, i really need help with my post game. I know a few moves with players like Kobe & Howard but i've seen ppl do sh*t in me I didn't even know was possible, and you know how them bastards are, they dont wanna tell you sh*t
what move you talking about?
 6 years ago '05        #19
nahsuhmeanz 
space
space
$9,949 | Props total: 2747 2747
 6 years ago '10        #20
space
space
 gagethedesigner said:
n*ggaz be askin me how to do sh*t..

I tell them to go to the practice mode... that sh*t teaches you better than any user can

There's nothing the practice modee doesn't teach you.. so if you saw it.. it's in practice mode
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
4 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If big tiddies and a phat ass aren't your cup of tea, then this isn't ..
61 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy