DJ Clark Kent Speaks On Jay-Z vs. Biggie: "Jay Always Felt He Was The Best..." | VIBE

most viewed right now
 50
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 42
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
258 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 33
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
65 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 30
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
75 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #81
Drumatic50 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$5,685 | Props total: 927 927
 Ant McQueen said:
Indeed. Although I may get shot for saying this... I actually think Jay is under-appreciated as a MC.
 6 years ago '10        #82
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$12,541 | Props total: 5872 5872
 Drumatic50 said:
Seriously, LOL. People (even his " stans ") usually talk about his stats (sales, records, money, him marrying Beyonce, etc) but hardly ever talk about his skills.
 6 years ago '04        #83
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$11,754 | Props total: 1572 1572
 Drumatic50 said:
dont get it twisted, I like jayz, just think big is better. jayz didnt switch his style up throughout his career though?

just saying, soms hits aint original but thats another arguement, but your right, he knew how to make a good profit, nothing wrong with that, but alot of main stream songs he came out with got many bigs punchlines, no? just sounds funny when he and big was gonna come out with the commission, then he says greatest next to him then he says hes better than him. dont know any artist willing to admit another rapper/mc/artist that will say someone is better than themself.

if jayz didnt make it big, you prolly wouldnt even care who he sounded like nor would even post. its hard to compare someone thats hot in the game now vs someone who died being a beast. I dont hate jigga, but just dont think hes better, thats all.
I can respect you think big is better, I listen to both of them I'm just saying saying a big line is not what made those songs dope and certainly not what made them hits and the hits are whats making him money.

now if we look at the template biggie set with Ready to die let's really ask the question if it isn't jay-z than who? I mean really lyrics,flow,content song structure it always came down to Jay or biggie and since biggie died based of the body of work You gotta say jay if we talking overall.

on to your last point whehter Jay blew up or not I would have always proped him for his work in the 90's I actually never cared to listen to Jay-z in detail until 98 but after that I went back and copped Vol.1 and later RD I've always been a fan not just because he was a "hot" rapper mainstream

we can go off that time period I'd say RD is better than RTD (slightly) but LAD is miles beyond Vol.1 so it could be argued that at the time biggie was better I ain't mad at that.
 6 years ago '06        #84
Drumatic50 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$5,685 | Props total: 927 927
 Ra-da-god said:
I can respect you think big is better, I listen to both of them I'm just saying saying a big line is not what made those songs dope and certainly not what made them hits and the hits are whats making him money.

now if we look at the template biggie set with Ready to die let's really ask the question if it isn't jay-z than who? I mean really lyrics,flow,content song structure it always came down to Jay or biggie and since biggie died based of the body of work You gotta say jay if we talking overall.

on to your last point whehter Jay blew up or not I would have always proped him for his work in the 90's I actually never cared to listen to Jay-z in detail until 98 but after that I went back and copped Vol.1 and later RD I've always been a fan not just because he was a "hot" rapper mainstream

we can go off that time period I'd say RD is better than RTD (slightly) but LAD is miles beyond Vol.1 so it could be argued that at the time biggie was better I ain't mad at that.

props
 6 years ago '11        #85
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
I cant say who was better but I will say Jay went bar for bar with BIG on Brookyln's Finest
 6 years ago '06        #86
Isiah61 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,005 | Props total: 1467 1467
 jslim said:
I take jay over big any day. Lotta n*ggas look at me crazy for that. But I feel like Big gets the same martyr treatment as pac.
Yea he does, but I think Pac deserves it, while Biggie doesn't. Big had skills, but really come on son, he was cut down before his prime.
Top 4 (in no order):Em, Pac, Nas, & Jay.
 6 years ago '06        #87
Drumatic50 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$5,685 | Props total: 927 927
 Isiah61 said:
Yea he does, but I think Pac deserves it, while Biggie doesn't. Big had skills, but really come on son, he was cut down before his prime.
Top 4 (in no order):Em, Pac, Nas, & Jay.
new em is trash :-( old em waaaaaay better


who then fk is machinegun kelly? any good, white rappers now a days, idk man lol


Last edited by Drumatic50; 09-12-2011 at 08:07 PM..
 6 years ago '08        #88
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
avatar space
space
$32,820 | Props total: 12518 12518
Jay is better.

Jay>big>nas

2pac ain't even top 50
 6 years ago '04        #89
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$11,754 | Props total: 1572 1572
 Isiah61 said:
Yea he does, but I think Pac deserves it, while Biggie doesn't. Big had skills, but really come on son, he was cut down before his prime.
Top 4 (in no order):Em, Pac, Nas, & Jay.
biggie deserved props too, dude put out to cornerstone hip hop Albums you can't front on that the music speaks for itself.

Big is in my top 10 pac isn't though I respected his work
 6 years ago '10        #90
OJ Pimpson 126 heat pts126
space
space
space
$13,589 | Props total: 9900 9900
ion give a fu*k what no n*gga say........



Pac > Nas > Big > Jay



#5 still up for grabs
 6 years ago '09        #91
abstruse 
space
avatar space
space
$2,158 | Props total: 334 334
big only two albums he aint better than jay or nas.........

RD & vol 1 > RTD & LAD
illmatic & IWW> RTD & LAD

love big don't get me wrong but he's overrated as many other dead emcees........
 6 years ago '04        #92
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
avatar space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 694 694
I cant believe he said that Big as an emcee wasnt as good....

Unbelievable is one of the greatest lyrical songs ever. I dont think Jay has any song in his catalog as good as that one.
 6 years ago '10        #93
uddart 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,694 | Props total: 19 19
Is one these threads again, i see all the d!ckriders is here :banana:

Jay became popular when Pac & Big died, cause who would take the throne? Nas went more pop & mainstream with I am.. Nastradamus, so Jay had NY then and the game in his hands.

Jay was nothing when Big and Pac alive, so when they died, he became c*cky.

Art of work : Pac sh*ts on Big and Jay, but since he and Big is dead, nas got the current crown. Im not saying Jay is bad, he is really great. But he isnt fu*king with Nas Big or Pac. Look at WTT and nas guest verses this year

/thread
 6 years ago '10        #94
jbn2233 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$962 | Props total: 176 176
Big barely had a career compared to jay-z no one knows what would have been
 6 years ago '11        #95
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
I think Big & Jay are both better than Pac. Pac wasnt that great lyrically he just had a message in most of his songs. Pac is called the GOAT because of his impact & legacy not necessarily because of his skills. But how can you say that Jay wouldnt be anybody if Pac & Big were alive if he only had 1 album while they were alive. If they were alive he wouldnt still blow up from Hard Knock Life? The only thing that would be different is we would've got an album from The Commission which probably would've made Jay even bigger.
 6 years ago '10        #96
uddart 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,694 | Props total: 19 19
 HipHop Since 93 said:
I think Big & Jay are both better than Pac. Pac wasnt that great lyrically he just had a message in most of his songs. Pac is called the GOAT because of his impact & legacy not necessarily because of his skills. But how can you say that Jay wouldnt be anybody if Pac & Big were alive if he only had 1 album while they were alive. If they were alive he wouldnt still blow up from Hard Knock Life? The only thing that would be different is we would've got an album from The Commission which probably would've made Jay even bigger.
Lyrics isnt everything, if u look for that 2pac have an album with more lyrics, he have an album with more deepness, he have an album with more rawness and political content. He had more than message, if you say that then you are ignorant my friend.
 6 years ago '11        #97
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
 uddart said:
Lyrics isnt everything, if u look for that 2pac have an album with more lyrics, he have an album with more deepness, he have an album with more rawness and political content. He had more than message, if you say that then you are ignorant my friend.
You're right Pac was deeper and put more emotion into his music but I'm just saying I think Jay & Big are better lyrically
 6 years ago '10        #98
uddart 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,694 | Props total: 19 19
 HipHop Since 93 said:
You're right Pac was deeper and put more emotion into his music but I'm just saying I think Jay & Big are better lyrically
If that is the case no, but he got good lyrical joints on 7 day for example, but I got your point
 6 years ago '04        #99
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
they're similar but also very different.

Big had a better sense of melody than Jay, his flow and charisma is easily ahead of Jay. He had a sick bounce to his flow that was infectious and undeniable. His flow was exceptional to the point where he could probably rap about damn near anything and make it sound good.


Jay's flow is dope as well but it comes off as a little flat when compared to Big's. Though where Jay does excel a little over Big is content , if you were just to read the two's lyrics off paper with no music I feel Jay's material would be appreciated a little more over big's. Jay tries to display his profound sense of knowledge and experience over a track while Big captivates you with his spontaneous humor, amazing wittiness, and cinematic like story telling ability all through a keenly melodic delivery.

Listening to Jay is like watching a dope a$$ documentary , Big is more a dope a$$ movie. Jay has more knowledge but Big has more flavor. It's all about preference and taste I guess.
 6 years ago '10        #100
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$12,541 | Props total: 5872 5872
 HipHop Since 93 said:
I think Big & Jay are both better than Pac. Pac wasnt that great lyrically he just had a message in most of his songs. Pac is called the GOAT because of his impact & legacy not necessarily because of his skills. But how can you say that Jay wouldnt be anybody if Pac & Big were alive if he only had 1 album while they were alive. If they were alive he wouldnt still blow up from Hard Knock Life? The only thing that would be different is we would've got an album from The Commission which probably would've made Jay even bigger.
Pac wasn't great lyrically but he had a message? That makes no sense. Him having a " message " is what makes him great lyrically. If you wanna talk about technicality and various cadences... that's one thing, but that's totally different from the words being said.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 15
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 9
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 8
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 6
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
279 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 6
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 5
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 3
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 3
NBA Woj: "Very unlikely Paul George stays in OKC"
73 comments
1 day ago
@sports
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy