DJ Clark Kent Speaks On Jay-Z vs. Biggie: "Jay Always Felt He Was The Best..." | VIBE

most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
51 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
10 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-12-2011, 05:36 PM         #61
CIDF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jay > big. big was just straight dope jay is just the hov emcee
 6 years ago '04        #62
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,418 | Props total: 3481 3481
 jslim said:
Djv78. You are a fu*king idiot. Jay put big on to not writing sh*t down.
Jesus..

How does a fu*king idiot call someone else a fu*king idiot.

sh*t's paradoxical.
 6 years ago '04        #63
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
 davon4204 said:
Biggie would be rolling over in his grave right now. Jay-Z rapping is nothing close to Big's.....n*ggaz on here saying that because of Jay-Z's money and business aspects. sh*t Nas is a better emcee then Jay-Z.
Jay-z is twice the emcee that Nas is, Nas is a better Lyricist or rapper meaning he's better at Rapping. Being a dope emcee is not ALL about being lyrical (which jay is) Jay-z is much more of a complete artist or emcee he makes better songs and he has a MUCH better live show that alone is a corner stone aspect to being a good emcee.

Jay was a better emcee than biggie aswell and just as good as a rapper IMO...they all my n*ggas though
 6 years ago '10        #64
philty 126 heat pts126
space
space
$2,016 | Props total: 22 22
not sure about these 2 but hov been the most consistent
 6 years ago '04        #65
LilKray 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,304 | Props total: 2 2
 jslim said:
I take jay over big any day. Lotta n*ggas look at me crazy for that. But I feel like Big gets the same martyr treatment as pac.
 6 years ago '10        #66
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,562 | Props total: 5927 5927
You know the beautiful thing about all of the greats? You can put up an argument for all of 'em and you wouldn't be wrong.
 6 years ago '09        #67
Lupe Hunter 77 heat pts77
space
space
$15,519 | Props total: 5708 5708
Jay-Z>>>Nas>>>B.I.G>>>>2pac>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everybody else
 6 years ago '06        #68
Drumatic50 16 heat pts16
space
space
$5,685 | Props total: 927 927
Big over jigga, of course hes gonna say hes better, didnt know rapper and mc were different. jigga used biggies rhymes for his songs, so was it nas or biggie or originator that fathered jigga's style? answer, all of the above

biggie all day

only reason j is bigger is bc big is dead

only reason big gets martyrdom is bc diddy milking his only good investment THIS long and big only died once.

Last edited by Drumatic50; 09-12-2011 at 06:04 PM..
 6 years ago '09        #69
space
space
 Drumatic50 said:
Big over jigga, of course hes gonna say hes better, didnt know rapper and mc were different. jigga used biggies rhymes for his songs, so was it nas or biggie or originator that fathered jigga's style? answer, all of the above

biggie all day
Why do everybody use this as an excuse. Jay-Z use B.I.G lines to show respect and Jay-Z & B.I.G style are nothing alike, never was. Jay-Z & Nas sound nothing alike.
 6 years ago '09        #70
space
space
 Hiphopknowledge said:

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '08        #71
Effit 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,992 | Props total: 7 7
Beanie Siegel can tell a story too, nobody ever mentions him, they always go straight to Slick Rick, hell Atmosphere tells a better story than Biggie. just sayin some people just label this dude or that, the best at all this, or that, and its stupid. Aint no best.
 6 years ago '06        #72
Drumatic50 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Lupe Hunter said:
Why do everybody use this as an excuse. Jay-Z use B.I.G lines to show respect and Jay-Z & B.I.G style are nothing alike, never was. Jay-Z & Nas sound nothing alike.
if jigga can use the excuse that he uses someone elses rhymes as "respect" then makes guap off it, yes, its always gonna be mentioned.

ok not nas, then big L's style then

if you cant pic jayz and big sounding the same, try playing "give it to me" with bigs voice, then reply to my post

Last edited by Drumatic50; 09-12-2011 at 06:22 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #73
Esdot 17 heat pts17
space
space
$1,617 | Props total: 693 693
 Drumatic50 said:
 6 years ago '10        #74
space
space
 vickfan said:
biggie is arguably the greatest rapper of all time simply in terms of technical flow

Jay is good but he isnt fu*king with BIG on that

but Jay has him everywhere else
As much as I love BIG... I beg to differ. Jay is NO slouch when it comes to technicality...

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #75
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
 Drumatic50 said:
if jigga can use the excuse that he uses someone elses rhymes as "respect" then makes guap off it, yes, its always gonna be mentioned.
lol What logic is that? He not making money just because of bigs Lines he's making money because of his hit records, successful album catalog,his critical acclaim in hip hop along with his and Dame business acumen.

yall k!ll me with that sh*t like him saying those lines made the songs good and successful, If gucci started biting big would that then make all of his songs and albums dope too?

give him his credit as an emcee Jay never said nothing dope that wasn't big's? if you say he didn't you're a hater period

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 09-12-2011 at 07:15 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #76
Drumatic50 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Ant McQueen said:
As much as I love BIG... I beg to differ. Jay is NO slouch when it comes to technicality...

yep, originator's flow my dude
 6 years ago '09        #77
space
space
 Drumatic50 said:

if you cant pic jayz and big sounding the same, try playing "give it to me" with bigs voice, then reply to my post
They don't sound alike either
 6 years ago '06        #78
Drumatic50 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Lupe Hunter said:
They don't sound alike either
listen to then song above our post
 6 years ago '06        #79
Drumatic50 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Ra-da-god said:
lol What logic is that? He not making money just because of bigs Lines he's making money because of his hit records, successful album catalog,his critical acclaim in hip hop along with his and Dame business acumen.

yall k!ll me with that sh*t like him saying those lines made the songs good and successful, If gucci started biting big would that then make all of his songs and albums dope too?

give him his credit as an emcee Jay never nothing dope that wasn't big if you say no you're a hater period
dont get it twisted, I like jayz, just think big is better. jayz didnt switch his style up throughout his career though?

just saying, soms hits aint original but thats another arguement, but your right, he knew how to make a good profit, nothing wrong with that, but alot of main stream songs he came out with got many bigs punchlines, no? just sounds funny when he and big was gonna come out with the commission, then he says greatest next to him then he says hes better than him. dont know any artist willing to admit another rapper/mc/artist that will say someone is better than themself.

if jayz didnt make it big, you prolly wouldnt even care who he sounded like nor would even post. its hard to compare someone thats hot in the game now vs someone who died being a beast. I dont hate jigga, but just dont think hes better, thats all.

Last edited by Drumatic50; 09-12-2011 at 07:00 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #80
space
space
 Ra-da-god said:

give him his credit as an emcee Jay never nothing dope that wasn't big if you say no you're a hater period
Indeed. Although I may get shot for saying this... I actually think Jay is under-appreciated as a MC.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
105 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
112 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy