DJ Clark Kent Speaks On Jay-Z vs. Biggie: "Jay Always Felt He Was The Best..." | VIBE

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
104 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
vida guerra
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
89 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #21
AriGold 171 heat pts171
space
space
$4,832 | Props total: 2222 2222
No rapper was fu*king with BIG when he was alive. Lyrically, storyteller or whatever.
Big was that n*gga and he was the only rapper that didn't write his rhymes. Now Jay does it and Wayne says he does it.

LOL!!!
 6 years ago '10        #22
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,562 | Props total: 5927 5927
 DVJ78 said:
The best 3 MC's ever are Biggie, Jay Z and Nas. Eminem is right there also. I can't disrespect Em because he didn't come out till later but Em had the help of Dr Dre behind him while Biggie, Jay and Nas pretty much came in the game on their own. Puff wasn't Puff until he had Big.
Bad Boy wasn't Bad Boy yet, but Puff was already in the game. Mary J Blige, Jodeci, etc.
 6 years ago '06        #23
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,917 | Props total: 7614 7614
Big wrote phrases that will thrill you, you're nobody til somebody k!lls you.

So dont you get suspicious, he was B.I.G dangerous Jay's a little vicious. As I leave my competition, respirator style, climb the ladder to success escalator style, hold y'all breath I told y'all, death controls y'all, Big don't fold dog.

Not even close in my book, Big was the better rapper and emcee. Jay got all them albums and ain't none of them fukkin with Bigs 2 cds, lyrocally, flow, or content wise. Missing You and Juicy are hip hop perfection, a perfect example of how to make a radio hit without selling out hip hop. Who cant relate to those songs right now? Classics.

I know how it feels to wake up fu*ked up, pockets broke as hell another rock to sell, and people look at you like you the user, sellin drugs to the losers mad buddah abuser.

Big was the truth.
 6 years ago '10        #24
space
space
 DVJ78 said:
No rapper was fu*king with BIG when he was alive. Lyrically, storyteller or whatever.
Big was that n*gga and he was the only rapper that didn't write his rhymes. Now Jay does it and Wayne says he does it.

LOL!!!
Common doesn't write, but he doesn't publicize it.
 6 years ago '10        #25
space
space
Double post and sh*t. SMH
 6 years ago '10        #26
space
space
 King856 said:
Nas 1st CD was executive produced by Q Tip stop the games
Q-Tip produced One Love. He didn't executive produce the album. MC Serch from 3rd Bass was the executive producer of Illmatic.
 6 years ago '04        #27
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,418 | Props total: 3481 3481
BIG was a fu*king MONSTER on the mic..

Dude honestly to me is the GOAT rapper in terms of skill and nobody is in the same stratosphere. I listen to Life After death maybe a few times and the way he brought words to life and put together stories was incredible.

His wordplay was on another level.

And believe me, I *was* one of the biggest Jay-Z fans on the planet from 1996-2008, but I can't say with a straight conscience that Jay is/was better than Big.
 6 years ago '06        #28
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,696 | Props total: 8660 8660
interesting story
 6 years ago '06        #29
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
Biggie would be rolling over in his grave right now. Jay-Z rapping is nothing close to Big's.....n*ggaz on here saying that because of Jay-Z's money and business aspects. sh*t Nas is a better emcee then Jay-Z.
 6 years ago '06        #30
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
 LankanLatino said:
fu*k...i'll take Pun over either of these 2

6 years ago '04        #31
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
 jslim said:
I take jay over big any day. Lotta n*ggas look at me crazy for that. But I feel like Big gets the same martyr treatment as pac.
I have to agree. I'll forever have love and respect for BIG, but Jay is the better artist to me. Whether it's because Biggie died prematurely or whatever, doesn't matter. After all is said and done, I'll take Jay's music over BIG's.

I can't even imagine BIG (or Pac for that matter) in this day and age. If they'd conform to the mainstream sh-t or what? Their style would be completely different cause that 90's boom bap rap wouldn't last long nowadays.

King856 said:
i bet you think Bonnie in clyde was better then me and my girlfriend

how can Jay's stolen version sound better then the one he stole it from
I'm not agreeing nor disagreeing, but it's not impossible to take an old song and make it better. Stolen or not, principles aside, you can improve any song.
 6 years ago '11        #32
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,860 | Props total: 1474 1474
 RAZAH CUTS said:
at Jay thinkin he was nicer than Biggie....

Big hadn't even fully developed as an emcee and he was still blowin Jay out the fu*kin water....
Hit the nail on the head.
 6 years ago '10        #33
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,182 | Props total: 8273 8273
 Hiphopknowledge said:
Biggie lines are more popular then jay z stop playing
You not serious right now, from 2003-on every rapper that came out quoted Jay-z in some way or another. Lil Wayne spit a whole damn jay-z verse on a song with Jay-Z on it

Hiphopknowledge said:
So why dont every rapper bite old rappers instead of coming up with there own and just say im paying respect
Rappers do take lyrics from other rappers all the time, Eminem, Snoop, Jay, Nas, Big, Pac, Pun, all get lines used by a lot of new rappers in the game.

Your username should be changed ASAP
 6 years ago '05        #34
ROC585 306 heat pts306
space
space
space
$2,294 | Props total: 3448 3448
Beyonce ruined this dudes rap career. Dude been soft ever since B. Blueprint was a long time ago, jay gotta fade to black again for good.
 6 years ago '10        #35
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,182 | Props total: 8273 8273
 LankanLatino said:
lol what im lyin?
Only thing Pun has ever done better than Big was live longer, i know you latino and all but
 09-12-2011, 02:56 PM         #36
Old Man Quillis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jay Z was just another rapper until BIG got k!lled. If it wasn't for that, Jay Z would have been juat another rapper.
 6 years ago '10        #37
space
space
 Hiphopknowledge said:
Lil Wayne is a known Jay z d!ckrider he does to jay z what jay z does to biggie

Jay z has 15 mins worth of biting find me that same amount of biting from any other rapper

Get off jay z d!ck he is a biter point blank
Are you a Curren$y by any chance?
 6 years ago '10        #38
AriGold 171 heat pts171
space
space
$4,832 | Props total: 2222 2222
When BIG was alive nobody was near him...period.
That goes for Nas, Jay or whoever. Big completely took the game over and he was the king of NY.
I really wish some of you dudes was around during them bad boy summers. If you think YMCMB is doing something now...you ain't seen sh*t. No hate though cause YMCMB is on fire right now. But back then Bad Boy had everything on lock. Big was the don!!
 6 years ago '04        #39
NAKHI ALLAH 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,233 | Props total: 1101 1101
 6thward said:
I don't know people just sh*t on Nas but realistically if he wasn't so reluctant to be a star he would have to be in that discussion his lines are way more vivid than Jays. Hell even Jay acknowledged it on Where Im from. Don't believe just listen to the message you could close your eyes and see the whole damn scene he painted.

yeah Nas is that dude...
i dont care what anyone says Nas needs to be put up there with the greats period.
 09-12-2011, 03:10 PM         #40
Create101 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hovi bryant said:
he doesn't make his music easy to relate with like big. Big tells stories in a first person perspective and makes you feel everything he's saying even if you don't even live that life. I haven't heard anyone be remotely close to that skill.
u obviously dont lsitento ghost
or nas

those 2 are like the most articulate story tellers
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
124 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
90 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
53 comments
24 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
173 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
80 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy