PAT STAY -vs- MARVWON Battle - Did He "Cross The Line" ??

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
78 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
10 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
208 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #1
9172 pageviews
32 comments

Gremlin 1095 heat pts1095
space
space
$9,864 | Props total: 4762 4762
PAT STAY -vs- MARVWON Battle - Did He "Cross The Line" ??

PAT STAY -vs- MARVWON

Battle rap, some have said, is like a proxy for fist f!ghts. A battle is all of the animosity, disrespect and hatred that fuels a punch in the face manifested instead in a vocal outburst. The tension that creates is one of the most appealing things behind the sport of battling, a tension that has rarely been as apparent as in the next release from World Domination 2, where Nova Scotia’s Pat Stay takes on Detroit’s MarvWon. The feud between these titans began during a KOTD battle between Marv and Loe Pesci. Incensed at a few lines Marv directed towards him, Pat interrupted the match challenging the Detroit native to throw hands. While the situation was diffused, it caused a rift between the two MCs that could only be settled one way. A verbal fist f!ght. Who will prevail in this battle of former friends with a score to settle?

[video - click to view]

Here is somthing MAC LETHAL said:

I personally believe that battle rap should focus on the flaws/characteristics of the person being battled, and it should go nowhere else beyond that. No matter how disrespectful you feel someone's barbs are about you, you put yourself at risk by entering the ring with the other person. All bets are off.

However, man. Roping in a disabled/autistic person affiliated with the person you are battling, in an egregiously disrespectful manner, feels very tasteless and cheap. These people affiliated with the battle rappers have no platform to defend themselves against the insults hurled at them. Some of these people have family members who know nothing about battle rapping, and do not necessarily support the idea of their family member/friend entering this type of arena where their loved ones they care for could be so irresponsibly insulted. Like Marv, I have people in my family who fit this bill. They don't and wouldn't deserve that kind of irreverence.

Pat Stay is a brilliant battle rapper. His interviews have always made him seem like he has a clear, intelligent and respectful head on his shoulders. He's one of my favorite battlers. Which is precisely my problem with some of the decisions he chose to make with this battle. I feel like he could have still come savage as fu*k, and refrained from tagging innocent victims. This is not me getting at Pat Stay, or calling him out. I just wanted to raise the question:

Is there a line?

I mean, where does it stop? I hear Arsonal talking about "I'll p!ss in your daughter's mouth" and DNA's disabled mom getting dissed by T-Rex and sh*t.

Part of the reason I have such a love/hate relationship with battling, is I feel the true creativity of it has plateaued again, and now we are all just searching for the most shockingly disrespectful and scathing things to say to each other. And it's all hidden behind the guise of "IT'S A BATTLE, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?"

Just asking a question.
THOUGHTS BX???? image

32 comments for "PAT STAY -vs- MARVWON Battle - Did He "Cross The Line" ??"

09-11-2011, 12:59 PM         #2
253xLonghair3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Easy to talk sh*t when you are 6 foot 7
 6 years ago '09        #3
SCNC 17 heat pts17
space
space
$4,999 | Props total: 1224 1224
Anything goes in a battle. It's like stand up comedy, but don't say it if you're not inclined to handle the consequences. But all in all, there is no line, and if you can't handle that, then you shouldn't be in the ring in the first place.
 6 years ago '09        #4
SCNC 17 heat pts17
space
space
$4,999 | Props total: 1224 1224
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
You say some disrespectful personal sh*t to someone you better be prepared to handle the consequence that come with it..
Yeah. Exactly. If you say it, be prepared to handle the consequences, if there are any.
 09-11-2011, 02:31 PM         #5
253xLonghair3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Im on a cell cant watch what happened a?
 6 years ago '07        #6
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,827 | Props total: 4800 4800
this is a classic case of what happens when soemthin gets taken to far from tha source
 6 years ago '05        #7
DanBootleg 210 heat pts210
space
space
$18,772 | Props total: 8933 8933
I have a theory; Pat Stay says that sh*t because the crowd reacts to it, he's not good enough to get a reaction any other way. Also he acts how he acts because he has teenage syndrome and is still rebelling his over bearing parents.

So when I say Pat Stay doesn't want it with anyone in Detroit I mean it.
 6 years ago '04        #8
ddash 1 heat pts
space
space
$22,968 | Props total: 3459 3459
Dope battle.

I think marv got it 2-1.
1rd Pat
2nd Marv
3rd Marv

They both had mad personals but Pats got real corny quickly.

Marv gave away the first rd but he was just the more intelligent battle rapper.His personals were on some real true sh*t.
 09-11-2011, 03:36 PM         #9
Slickems 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont fu*king understand whats happening
 6 years ago '04        #10
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
space
$17,558 | Props total: 2409 2409
Will check this out later...
 6 years ago '06        #11
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,519 | Props total: 6738 6738
i like the recklessness he went in for the k!ll early but died out in the later rounds
only a dweeb would type up an essay getting offended over some bars in a battle
go hard or go home
 6 years ago '10        #12
burgboi 24 heat pts24
space
space
$1,972 | Props total: 903 903
I found an interesting video.

Before I show it, I will say that you can say whatever you want, just be prepared for what happens immediately after or once the battle is done.

Now for the video...

[video - click to view]

After watching this, I know 2 things for sure. One is that I know why Marv didnt slap the sh*t out of him on site. Two is that Bishop Brigante can eat a d!ck. Funny thing is, people are saying the same thing happened to DNA twice (how Yung Ill predicted his 2nd round at Night of Main Events, how X-factor knew what he was gonna say at Summer Madness).
 6 years ago '05        #13
Fauby 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,896 | Props total: 3465 3465
 H-o-f-f-a said:
I have a theory; Pat Stay says that sh*t because the crowd reacts to it, he's not good enough to get a reaction any other way. Also he acts how he acts because he has teenage syndrome and is still rebelling his over bearing parents.

So when I say Pat Stay doesn't want it with anyone in Detroit I mean it.
Nah man Pat Stay is really like that in real life...hes a cool a.ss dude tho but he will say Any n everything that comes to his mind. i run into pat once inna while and hes really respectful to those who hes good with, other then that if he dont like ya he'll speak on it right away

Also shoutout to my n*gga Pat on this battle...both verses were dope n this is gonna be one of my fav battles out inna while.
 6 years ago '04        #14
DonofDons21 
space
space
$6,253 | Props total: 695 695
pat 0 and 2 vs americans...he got bodied by arsonal

marv won 2-1...pats decent i wanna see him battle out of canada...the crowd be c*ck buffing that n*gga (no homo)

did pat cross the line....i dont think so......taling about dead fmaily members or making fun of somebody's kid is prolly the line
 6 years ago '04        #15
DonofDons21 
space
space
$6,253 | Props total: 695 695
 burgboi said:

Before I show it, I will say that you can say whatever you want, just be prepared for what happens immediately after or once the battle is done.

Now for the video...

After watching this, I know 2 things for sure. One is that I know why Marv didnt slap the sh*t out of him on site. Two is that Bishop Brigante can eat a d!ck. Funny thing is, people are saying the same thing happened to DNA twice (how Yung Ill predicted his 2nd round at Night of Main Events, how X-factor knew what he was gonna say at Summer Madness).

thats pat and dnas fault for telling they lines....
 6 years ago '10        #16
burgboi 24 heat pts24
space
space
$1,972 | Props total: 903 903
 burgboi said:

Now for the video...

I-NeeD-$$$ said:
touche

props
 6 years ago '05        #17
Basicgz 
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 1398 1398
Never heard of this Pat Stay guy probably cause he dont do battles in the U.S but anyway I wasnt really impressed with the dude I went back & looked at his old stuff too & I wasnt impressed.

With this battle Marv Won won the battle 2-1 He basically gave dude the 1st round but he set it up nicely to the point where he knew what bars was about to be thrown at him so it took some steam away from Pat. Of course it was because Marv knew ahead of time that he would do so but thats Pat fault for spittin his lines to other people.

But yeah Marv got that battle
 6 years ago '04        #18
ddash 1 heat pts
space
space
$22,968 | Props total: 3459 3459
^^^^

Yea I just watched some older battles cause I have never heard of KOTD

I must say Pat could be nice but he really says some corny lines that the crowd hypes up.

I mean he looks fake and dress like a 90's black rapper.Champion clothes and gold jewelery lol.Its like Malibu's most wanted.

Ars completely k!lled Canada and Pat during their battle.

Also am I the only 1 who cant watch alot of white battle rappers?

I hate all of the gun talk,killing and drug talk but man white battle rappers just sound lame and corny.Its like their voice k!lls every one of their lines.IDK

I cant watch Grindtime either.
 6 years ago '05        #19
Slowed & Thoed 
space
space
$463 | Props total: 148 148
marv won 2-1 clearly.... lmao @ the crowd hyping pat up like he the best thing going for them.... marv is to clever of a battle rapper for this clown... plus i think pat od'd on using proof in his bars come on man anyways marv won got it....
 6 years ago '04        #20
slumz 
space
space
$666 | Props total: 7 7
am i the only one who thought Stay edged out Arsonal??? ... I thought Marv got this one also but Stay got Arsonal IMO even though the battle overall was...ehhh
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
100 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy