How to make quick, Easy cashmoney with the scrapmetal business (with pics)

most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
138 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
125 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
86 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #1
27144 pageviews
43 comments

LBoogie2122 20 heat pts20
space
space
$5,656 | Props total: 2251 2251
How to make quick, Easy cashmoney with the scrapmetal business (with pics)

ok this is pretty easy once you get the hang of it im gonna try to explain every aspect of it for you with pictures so u can identify different types of metals and bring em in so you get paid, most of what i wrote is copied an pasted from another thread but i felt it really didnt need to be retyped

if ur interested in this then read what i have to say trust me ive cleared $600+ a few times off one trip to the scrapyard and it took me maybe 2-3 hours tops to get that metal up,
if ur confused or i left something out ask me any questions ill respond to this thread everyday

having a car/truck makes this hella easier and it put more money in ur pocket because u can bring more sh*t, but its not necessary, so lets begin....

recycling metal is big business right now, with all the natural disasters happening like the earthquake in japan, people in these situations are gonna need lots of metal to rebuild and what not..

first thing u need to do is look up where ur nearest recycling/scrap yard is and go out and find some metal, scrapping is good money rite now and they pay u cash on the spot

just google scrap metal yards in ur area, youd be surprised theyre actually everywhere i live in new york so when i googled it a few come up:
Gershow recycling-buy and sell scrap metal
1885 pitkin avenue, brooklyn ny
(718)345-2240

scrapyards generally will look like this

[pic - click to view]

how it works is they pay you by weighing how much metal youve brought in, different metals bring in different prices per pound, so u bring the metal to a yard, a guy will come out an look at what u have, either he'll tell you to bring it over to the big scale, or the small scale which is usually for more valuable metals (copper, brass, aluminum)

the scales will look like this

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

once its weighed theyll cut u a ticket saying the weight and what type of metal it is, then u bring that slip to the payout window and out comes ur money, cash money too! no bullsh*t

you can bring in ANYTHING thats made of metal and they do not ask questions from cars, to stereos they take it all

they wont except some things tho for one reason or another...

[pic - click to view]

they dont pay for T.V.'s either an most yards want u to pay them to take it

some non-metal things that they do accept:

car batteries=$5-$20 dollars per battery depending on size

computer towers, motherboards etc=$5 dollars per tower, dont matter if its from 1989 they take em

catalitic convertors(found in cars)=$60 to $200 per convertor depending on what make it is

now heres some thing you should know about your metals, because its gonna help you if you already know what your bringing in, you could have 500 pounds of aluminum but if u dont kno what it is when you get to the junkyard, theyre gonna jerk you and count it as steel you could lose $$$$ if u dont kno so

have a magnet

you should carry a small magnet with you, like one that can go on ur keychain, its the easiest way to determine what kind of metal you have, any metal that doesnt attract magnets (meaning when the magnet doesnt cling onto it when u bring it close) payout the best and you dont need to bring in a sh*tload of it to get paid, examples of non-magnetic metals are copper, brass, and aluminum. steel and iron which is easiest to get is very magnetic and you need to bring in 500+ pound of it to make decent money

now heres a breakdown of different types of metal and what the generally payout

iron/steel

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

15 cents a pound(american) 800 pounds roughly brings in $100, thats 3 radiators or 4 manhole covers sometimes 800 pounds of steel is 1 stove, iron/steel is the easiest to get, its everywhere and its VERY MAGNETIC

copper

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

$3.00/3.50 a pound, best paying scrapmetal, most plumbing inside houses are made with copper piping, go into an abandoned/burned down etc house and check the basement, brown colored pipes attached to water heaters an furnaces are copper 100 pounds of this can net u $400 but its light tho, u'll need alot

43 comments for "How to make quick, Easy cashmoney with the scrapmetal business (with pics)"

6 years ago '05        #2
LBoogie2122 20 heat pts20 OP
space
space
brass/Bronze

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

$2.00 per pound, brass is the best, its heavy like steel and pays good and is easy to spot, most brass is yellow like a trumpet or a trombone or light brown in color like the wall street bull, most faucets and showerheads are brass, most metal statues big or small are brass also bells, lamp posts (inside and outside the house) doorknobs, etc. etc. i wouldnt recommend scrapping brass instruments though youd most likely make alot more selling the instrument

aluminum

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

50 cents a pound, aluminum looks just like steel but the easiest way to distinguish the 2 is magnets stick to steel, alum is not magnetic, plus its lighter than steel, most streetsigns (stopsigns, yeild signs, sh*t like that) are alum because it doesnt rust and an average size stopsign pays about $6 bucks so if u get a few its good money, sum car parts like a car door, sum front doors on houses are alum, drainpipes siding on houses etc etc

trust me $100 bucks for a half hour's worth of work is common in the scrappin business i do it all the time an the extra money i make off it is strictly for bullsh*ttin (takin out women, craps tables in atlantic city etc. etc) my paycheck goes st8 in the bank and it stays there
 6 years ago '05        #3
space
space
sommore examples of metals

Steel/iron

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Copper

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

brass/bronze

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Aluminum

[pic - click to view]

feel free to ask any questions
 6 years ago '04        #4
LightsOut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,609 | Props total: 1 1
how much you think I could get a for a bunch of old metal baseball bats?
 09-13-2011, 02:11 PM         #5
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
everyone around here is on that tip, the competition is tough a.ss sh*t. motherfu*kers are even taking manhole covers , make sure everything is legit cuz these dudes will call police on your a.ss.
 6 years ago '10        #6
rek0nize 66 heat pts66
space
space
$9,238 | Props total: 1285 1285
 LightsOut said:
Pretty sure they are aluminum.
 6 years ago '07        #7
Grave 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,788 | Props total: 200 200
The catalitic converters r very popular
 6 years ago '09        #8
Al Goody 48 heat pts48
space
space
$4,571 | Props total: 0 0
couple of meth heads got caught stealing aluminum bleachers from a school football field. lol

but not until they made over 100k in 18 months @slow a.ss police
 6 years ago '05        #9
space
space
 LightsOut said:

depends on how many u got thats aluminum 20 pounds would be $10 bucks
 09-13-2011, 11:50 PM         #10
soundtrackk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
l boogie you from staten right
Bk and stat are in territory competition

You do this full time?
i was considering doing something like this i have a Truck too

That bk yard is close to me

i need spots to collectt though lol
 6 years ago '04        #11
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
FYI, they give extra money for copper wire with current still in it
 09-14-2011, 02:15 AM         #12
VigilanteSeason 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There is a Recycling place in London (where I live) but it only takes your metals/rubbish for free they dont pay you... ????
 6 years ago '05        #13
shankems2000 
space
space
space
$1,027 | Props total: 0 0
 VigilanteSeason said:
There is a Recycling place in London (where I live) but it only takes your metals/rubbish for free they dont pay you... ????
Move to America :dancingcool:
 6 years ago '05        #14
space
space
 soundtrackk said:
l boogie you from staten right
Bk and stat are in territory competition

You do this full time?
i was considering doing something like this i have a Truck too

That bk yard is close to me

i need spots to collectt though lol

now that u kno u should develop an eye for spotting metal ull be suprised how much sh*t is just lying around asking to b taken, and having the truck is the best moneymaker in the business, dont be afraid or ashamed to pick up any metal u see, from broken, knocked over streetsigns to air conditioners, washing machines, metal poles etc.

invest $20 for gas one day or night and drive around with ur eyes open and throw everything u see in the back of the truck and by the end of the day itll add up to a nice lil piece of cash

i have a 9-5 so i cant do it full time, it definitly can be a full time tax free hustle sometimes i wish i could do it full, i had a staycation not too long ago me and my boy did some grinding we were splitting $200-$500 a day for 6 days st8 sh*t was lovely, staten island is pretty decent tho lots of abandoned houses an lots with sh*t lyin around
 6 years ago '07        #15
Escobar97 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,661 | Props total: 563 563
I just tried uppin my pops on this, n*ggas been doin it for years

he just looked at me like i been on this tip for years

he a contractor, so he'll charge people to take their scrap away, they're usually happy to just have him get rid of it, then, on the low he'll just drive to the westchester scrapyard n cake up after every jobsite

im abt to be on the lookout for copper/brass tubing, n*ggas gotta eat

Last edited by Escobar97; 09-14-2011 at 12:58 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #16
DJ Maximum|M 47 heat pts47
space
space
$43,333 | Props total: 11465 11465
 Escobar97 said:
I just tried uppin my pops on this, n*ggas been doin it for years

he just looked at me like i been on this tip for years

he a contractor, so he'll charge people to take their scrap away, they're usually happy to just have him get rid of it, then, on the low he'll just drive to the westchester scrapyard n cake up after every jobsite

im abt to be on the lookout for copper/brass tubing, n*ggas gotta eat
 6 years ago '10        #17
Staszy 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$2,425 | Props total: 3 3

[pic - click to view]

How much could I get for some loose change?
 6 years ago '05        #18
kkkid 177 heat pts177
space
space
$3,711 | Props total: 749 749
nickels/dimes/quarters are made out of mostly steel. pre 1940 or something along those lines is made with silver i believe.
 09-15-2011, 12:27 AM         #19
soundtrackk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LBoogie2122 said:
now that u kno u should develop an eye for spotting metal ull be suprised how much sh*t is just lying around asking to b taken, and having the truck is the best moneymaker in the business, dont be afraid or ashamed to pick up any metal u see, from broken, knocked over streetsigns to air conditioners, washing machines, metal poles etc.

invest $20 for gas one day or night and drive around with ur eyes open and throw everything u see in the back of the truck and by the end of the day itll add up to a nice lil piece of cash

i have a 9-5 so i cant do it full time, it definitly can be a full time tax free hustle sometimes i wish i could do it full, i had a staycation not too long ago me and my boy did some grinding we were splitting $200-$500 a day for 6 days st8 sh*t was lovely, staten island is pretty decent tho lots of abandoned houses an lots with sh*t lyin around
nice bro good looks for the in..Im from port town
staten luv you already know
 6 years ago '04        #20
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
I know its a stretch for people just starting, but getting the heavy stuff out of houses people dont want to deal with is also a good way to get stuff. They will basically just give you the stuff for free if you take it. Old heavy boiler units, hot water tanks, radiators.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
85 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
21 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
38 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
55 comments
1 day ago