Alberta - oil rigs - no experience-make $40 an hour

most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
56 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
69 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
52 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-18-2013, 03:43 PM         #141
OOps 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How do I fill out an application fom Cali?
 5 years ago '09        #142
rdogg11 25 heat pts25 OP
space
space
space
$960 | Props total: 30 30
 Darkdrone said:
I mean do you guys get rides to the rig everyday or do you live on the facility?

Also do your work the full year or do you work up until winter?
we live in a trailer with the crew - five guys. The place is pretty nice. The rig is about two minutes away so we just get a ride with whoever wants to drive. Oh and we get free gas at the rig.

We make $2800 a month just for staying there Its pretty awesome.

Last edited by rdogg11; 02-18-2013 at 04:57 PM..
 02-18-2013, 07:58 PM         #143
kingduckets 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rdogg11 said:
we live in a trailer with the crew - five guys. The place is pretty nice. The rig is about two minutes away so we just get a ride with whoever wants to drive. Oh and we get free gas at the rig.

We make $2800 a month just for staying there Its pretty awesome.

How much do you get an hour? How much all together do you take home at the end of the month?... and last do you work a 14 days on 7 days off or a 28 days on 14 days off? Thank you very much bro i truly appriciate you taking the time to answer
 5 years ago '09        #144
rdogg11 25 heat pts25 OP
space
space
space
 kingduckets said:
How much do you get an hour? How much all together do you take home at the end of the month?... and last do you work a 14 days on 7 days off or a 28 days on 14 days off? Thank you very much bro i truly appriciate you taking the time to answer
No problem.

Roughnecks make $30 an hour for 8 hours then for four hours I get $45 because of overtime. That's everyday by the way. Its 20 days on then I get ten days off. In those 20 days of working I take home 10-11 grand. Its hard work though.
 02-19-2013, 10:59 AM         #145
fxcm77 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rdogg11 said:
No problem.

Roughnecks make $30 an hour for 8 hours then for four hours I get $45 because of overtime. That's everyday by the way. Its 20 days on then I get ten days off. In those 20 days of working I take home 10-11 grand. Its hard work though.
Hi how you ding, I'm trying to get some real info about this job infact I can start right-away, if you can and email me to that would be awsome, you know where to call or where to go, please can you? I also have ACZ licence exper. over 7 years from flatbed to reefer and more. Thanks Frank
 02-26-2013, 09:31 AM         #146
fxcm77 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
rdogg11 Hi mate can you please email me if you have some info I'm really interested to get that job.

Thanks Frank
 5 years ago '10        #147
ARosary 47 heat pts47
space
space
$9,784 | Props total: 2884 2884
 rdogg11 said:
cheers. texas camp is the bomb. you stay in a nice shack with your own room own tv. making 2800 for just staying there for twenty days. plus the rig is about a minute away.
finished 14 days of rigging. Anyone got any questions?
Yeah, whats the hiring process like? Im from up north
 5 years ago '04        #148
Castro 10304 21 heat pts21
space
space
$1,614 | Props total: 170 170
Just to let yall know i quit the rigs, on my second day as a leasehand i was cleaning the pump house, i left that room two minutes later a pipe that mud is pushing through at 5000 horse power exploded. If i was in that room i coulda been dead. I stayed on for 18 days straight even got promoted to roughneck after a week. What k!lled me is the rig moves every 4 days. Anyways i had enough i quit and drove back home, same day i gotta job driving a truck started the next day. I made about 7000$ on those 18 days
 5 years ago '04        #149
Duntaz 58 heat pts58
space
space
$13,326 | Props total: 5753 5753
 Castro 10304 said:
Just to let yall know i quit the rigs, on my second day as a leasehand i was cleaning the pump house, i left that room two minutes later a pipe that mud is pushing through at 5000 horse power exploded. If i was in that room i coulda been dead. I stayed on for 18 days straight even got promoted to roughneck after a week. What k!lled me is the rig moves every 4 days. Anyways i had enough i quit and drove back home, same day i gotta job driving a truck started the next day. I made about 7000$ on those 18 days

Did you leave cause you could've got murk or you just couldn't take the work? 7 stacks still aint bad for 18 days. Shoulda stayed till you got a good 20-30g cushion though. Do you have a cdl?

Last edited by Duntaz; 03-03-2013 at 12:56 PM..
 03-03-2013, 11:28 AM         #150
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Castro 10304 said:
What you mean the rig moves every 4 days? Are you guys constantly travelling to different sights?
 5 years ago '12        #151
wiz kantinflas 103 heat pts103
space
space
$4,551 | Props total: 456 456
how do i get my h2s certificate in ny.. i wanna have it before i start looking for work
 5 years ago '04        #152
space
space
Na i left because the job was just too much, its like slavery, you either love it or hate it. And you gotta be mechanic "minded", me im from the city. And i got problem with my feet, after the 10 hour mark my sh*t was k!llin me. Whats cdl?

Every 4 days we had move the rig 10 feet away or couple of km away. Its like a nightmare that never ends.

I do regret leavin cause of the money but theres tons of work in alberta that will pay close to that. Im thinkin of upgrading my license to class 1 and get into Fracking or Well Servicing.
 5 years ago '04        #153
space
space
New job i get 22.50 hour, and i work alone nobody bothers me. It does suck going down from 30$ hour plus overtime. But fu*k when i think about how many times i almost slipped off the catwalk and also burning myself with the steam hoes, sh*t i like being safe better,
 5 years ago '12        #154
wiz kantinflas 103 heat pts103
space
space
$4,551 | Props total: 456 456
Damn so nobody got any info to help a n*gga out? Im heading to Tx at the ene of the month and wanna look into this
 03-18-2013, 11:04 PM         #155
Walt Thizzney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Castro 10304 said:
Na i left because the job was just too much, its like slavery, you either love it or hate it. And you gotta be mechanic "minded", me im from the city. And i got problem with my feet, after the 10 hour mark my sh*t was k!llin me. Whats cdl?

Every 4 days we had move the rig 10 feet away or couple of km away. Its like a nightmare that never ends.

I do regret leavin cause of the money but theres tons of work in alberta that will pay close to that. Im thinkin of upgrading my license to class 1 and get into Fracking or Well Servicing.
 Castro 10304 said:
New job i get 22.50 hour, and i work alone nobody bothers me. It does suck going down from 30$ hour plus overtime. But fu*k when i think about how many times i almost slipped off the catwalk and also burning myself with the steam hoes, sh*t i like being safe better,
what kind of driver job did you get? do you just have a class 5 licence?
 5 years ago '09        #156
rdogg11 25 heat pts25 OP
space
space
space
 Castro 10304 said:
Rig move is probably the worst job on the rig. Everyone's running around in a panic. Stupid sh*t. But burning urself with a steamhose and falling off the catwalk. Just gotta use common sense for that.

Yeah I just finished up a 20 day hitch. Now its spring breakup. Where abouts you working right now to get 22.50 and what do you do? You in forst st John?
 5 years ago '09        #157
rdogg11 25 heat pts25 OP
space
space
space
meow mix meow mix
 5 years ago '04        #158
thadon87 
space
space
space
$491 | Props total: 34 34
Where do I apply/sign up at?
 5 years ago '04        #159
space
space
 rdogg11 said:
Rig move is probably the worst job on the rig. Everyone's running around in a panic. Stupid sh*t. But burning urself with a steamhose and falling off the catwalk. Just gotta use common sense for that.

Yeah I just finished up a 20 day hitch. Now its spring breakup. Where abouts you working right now to get 22.50 and what do you do? You in forst st John?

Im still in Edmonton area, i work for a company that brings mail to rural towns.Contracted by Canada Post. I just drive a 5 ton truck, u only need class 5 & airbreak. I dont even have airbreak my boss dont care. Only thing that sux with this job is you finish friday at 9 pm and start subday at 9pm again, hard on the family. Make little less than a $1000 a week.
 4 years ago '07        #160
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,040 | Props total: 1023 1023
I have a cousin who I think will be interest in doing this. Question, is it easy to get hired as a United States citizen trying to work in Canada? Is there a lot of people from the U.S. working in Alberta? Do you need a work Visa? Is it difficult to become a crane operator, will they expect you to have your certs, or will they provide you with OJT? How long does the hiring process usually take?
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy