Alberta - oil rigs - no experience-make $40 an hour

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
230 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
108 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
128 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-09-2011, 09:03 PM         #21
mastakillah21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ya for real ima seriously look into this.... sacrifice a year to make madd cash.. plus save a lot since there is fu*k all to do out there.. weather conditions are probably gunna be sh*t... and to the racist comments.. dude was just giving you the heads up.. if you havent worked in a factory type place where majority of the workforce is older white guys u wouldnt understand lol
 6 years ago '09        #22
ketamine18 2 heat pts
space
space
$502 | Props total: 44 44
racist comments.. theres a lot of newfies that work there ( people from newfoundland and areas around there, eastern canada) those would be your typical rig pigs... aka blow your pay check in a few days on blow and hookers lol.
 6 years ago '09        #23
ketamine18 2 heat pts
space
space
 MumblesDaHumble said:
Tryin to be a power engineer.
all good. you will make mad money. anything you do up there is going to make straight paper. my friend is up there right now shes a dental hygenist making 100 dollars an hour.
 6 years ago '04        #24
kukkudo 
space
space
space
$1,179 | Props total: 132 132
hahahahh we have etown people up in BX.
 6 years ago '09        #25
ketamine18 2 heat pts
space
space
deadmonton represent hahaha
 6 years ago '04        #26
kukkudo 
space
space
space
$1,179 | Props total: 132 132
Thats hype never expected edmonton people up in here hahaha.
 6 years ago '07        #27
varun313 
space
space
space
$3,354 | Props total: 1084 1084
 ketamine18 said:
i know a petroleum engineer tech makes like 125k to 150k starting first year out of school.. thats what im in for. full engineer will make 200k , now if you got like over 5 -10 years experience and engineer can make like 350k a year, techs like 250k a year.

oil money
holy sh*t i thought 100k would be offered right out of school but rarely.

which school are you going to? are you going for your undergrad in petro engineering?

that oil money is ridiculous i was trying to find out exactly how much a full petro engineering would make working out in the middle east ???? lol
 6 years ago '09        #28
ketamine18 2 heat pts
space
space
 varun313 said:
holy sh*t i thought 100k would be offered right out of school but rarely.

which school are you going to? are you going for your undergrad in petro engineering?

that oil money is ridiculous i was trying to find out exactly how much a full petro engineering would make working out in the middle east ???? lol
those figures i gave you are all fort mac. money lol. if you go do that same kind of work in alberta say office job in calgary or edmonton or working at a refinery in edmonton you going to be looking at say 65-80k a year for a tech. 100-125 for a engineer.

i finished my first year at NAIT for petroleum engineering technology.. 2 year program, then either going to work for a year as a tech or just transfer schools and continue on to being an engineer cause im money hungry lol.

i heard middle east pays 250,000 US for engineers lump sum after a one year contract.. after taxes.. not too fu*king shabby if you ask me. live in a hot desert where no one wants to fu*king live or work at, lose a year of your life but got 3/4 of your house paid for in one shot.. not a bad investment. that was in saudi though i dont know much about the other oil rich ones there and thats also just what i heard... since im in school and all and that would obviously that would be a at least 5 year experienced engineer's pay.
 6 years ago '06        #29
T.C_So_Fresh 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,205 | Props total: 71 71
Wtf your not working on a oil rig

I hate when people say that sh*t
 6 years ago '06        #30
T.C_So_Fresh 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,205 | Props total: 71 71
I'll post up some info about how you can work out here in Fort Mac later............Right now imma go outside and enjoy this Fort Mac weather

Sooo Sunny
 6 years ago '06        #31
Qbert 22 heat pts22
space
space
$4,632 | Props total: 2533 2533
Damn so many people from Alberta in here. I used to work at a shop in Nisku, don't think I could take those long hours, I'm pretty laxed. Good to see you giving people the heads up.
 6 years ago '08        #32
Illuminati 191 heat pts191
space
space
$38,741 | Props total: 8962 8962
 T.C_So_Fresh said:
I'll post up some info about how you can work out here in Fort Mac later............Right now imma go outside and enjoy this Fort Mac weather

Sooo Sunny
can i send you my resume den huh n*gga
 6 years ago '04        #33
BlueGray 
space
space
space
$464 | Props total: 122 122
I worked on a gas rig (same thing as oil rig, except drilling for gas instead) in Wyoming a couple years ago. Had no experience whatsoever, they started me on the job right away thanks to one of my friend's dads hooking me up with a reference. Pay started out at $27/hr. Work seven 12-hour days, then off for 7 days. Best money I'll probably ever make unfortunately, but my stupid a.ss couldn't handle the living situation there. They made 6 of us stay in a tiny a.ss trailer, with absolutely no phone reception whatsoever for the entire week. And plus we were in the middle of bum-fu*k nowhere and the closest town was like an hour away, but took damn near 2 hours to get to because the roads to get to this site were so fu*kin sh*tty that you had to literally drive like 30 mph on them the entire time..plus there were zero bi*ches for that entire week u were there. Besides the awesome money, it was the worst experience of my life job-wise. The job itself isn't as hard as people try to make it sound, but there have also been a lot of dumbasses that don't pay attention and lose their lives doing that sh*t.
 6 years ago '07        #34
varun313 
space
space
space
$3,354 | Props total: 1084 1084
 ketamine18 said:
those figures i gave you are all fort mac. money lol. if you go do that same kind of work in alberta say office job in calgary or edmonton or working at a refinery in edmonton you going to be looking at say 65-80k a year for a tech. 100-125 for a engineer.

i finished my first year at NAIT for petroleum engineering technology.. 2 year program, then either going to work for a year as a tech or just transfer schools and continue on to being an engineer cause im money hungry lol.

i heard middle east pays 250,000 US for engineers lump sum after a one year contract.. after taxes.. not too fu*king shabby if you ask me. live in a hot desert where no one wants to fu*king live or work at, lose a year of your life but got 3/4 of your house paid for in one shot.. not a bad investment. that was in saudi though i dont know much about the other oil rich ones there and thats also just what i heard... since im in school and all and that would obviously that would be a at least 5 year experienced engineer's pay.

yea living in the desert is crazy money ...It would be much easier if the place they give you to live in is a nice hotel or something instead of a trailer for a year in the saudi lol
 09-10-2011, 04:44 PM         #35
AKS MUZIK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rdogg11 said:
So Last winter I started in the oil rigs. It was pretty cool. No experience getting paid top dollar. The cold didn`t bother me because you work your a.ss off and wear layers upon layers you start to sweat and sh*t. So I ended up on a good rig man everyone treated me awesomely.

It`s two weeks on and then they fly you home one week off. You get 140$ tax free to pay for your hotel and food. so you end up making 5 grand every two weeks. It`s a pretty sweet job if you dont have kids or a wife.

Anyways just putting that out there.

It`s mostly white people though so be prepared to have thick skin.

I had a great time and experience.

later
Good for you.....

My boy did the samthing 2 years ago....went up to AB and worked hard and he bought a $150K house cash down there....

he comes back to T.O in the summer and heads back every winter.

If you have no kids and single, this is really an great opportunity....
 6 years ago '09        #36
rdogg11 25 heat pts25 OP
space
space
space
$960 | Props total: 30 30
yeah i cleared 50 grand in 6 months for working during the winter up until june.

leasehand/floorhand (starting positions) if you work all year you clear 100 grand. Me and the roughies spent some time working out the finances lol.

If you just get on the right rig with the right people its great. I have heard from a lot of people that a lot of times you get with crews and they treat you like sh*t and just yell and scream at you. Never made it to FORT CRACK though.
 6 years ago '08        #37
Kewop Decam 79 heat pts79
space
space
space
$15,973 | Props total: 9736 9736
What level of schooling do you need for this? I won't do this but I'm asking for a friend
 6 years ago '09        #38
rdogg11 25 heat pts25 OP
space
space
space
 Kewop Decam said:
What level of schooling do you need for this? I won't do this but I'm asking for a friend
LOL, most people I met out there never graduated high school and have criminal records and sh*t. The oil companies don't care about anything other than you DEFINATELY need a clean drivers abstract.

*****And you have to be physically fit (do at least 30 pushups) for the fitness screening where you see a nurse and undergo a DRUG URINE TEST. The results show up right away, they actually show you within 5 seconds if you passed or not.
 6 years ago '09        #39
rdogg11 25 heat pts25 OP
space
space
space
just a lil sample of what you will be doing.. ahh its painful to watch after doing it for months.

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #40
Rique 58 heat pts58
space
space
$40,446 | Props total: 17851 17851
damn this sounds good as hell once i graduate I might do this to pay off my student loans
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
21 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
167 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Report: Rival executives believe Rockets are legitimate threat to sign LeB..
64 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy