Peyton Manning Just Had ANOTHER neck surgery (out for season? ESPN)

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
169 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
101 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #1
9271 pageviews
172 comments

HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,518 | Props total: 38 38
Peyton Manning Just Had ANOTHER neck surgery (out for season? ESPN)

[pic - click to view]

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning had further neck surgery Thursday, the team announced, his third surgery in the past 19 months.

AFC South blog
ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky writes about all things AFC South in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Manning decided to have the surgery after consultation with a half-dozen doctors who reached a consensus that the most viable option would be a one-level cervical neck fusion in the wake of his May 23 surgery to repair a bulging disk. It's unclear whether Manning would be able to return to play this season.

The team said in a statement Thursday that the surgery was "uneventful" and that it would not place Manning on season-ending injured reserve and instead keep him on the active roster.

"This procedure is performed regularly throughout the country on persons from all walks of life, including professional football players. Two former Colts players had this same procedure last winter and have fully resumed their careers," the team said in the statement.

"Rehabilitation from such surgery is typically an involved process. Therefore, there will be no estimation of a return date at this time."

The team said that Manning immediately would begin the rehabilitation program prescribed by his surgeon.

Manning was unavailable for comment, as was his agent, Tom Condon. His father, Archie, and brother, Cooper, whose college career was ended by a severe neck injury, would not specifically address Peyton's surgical decision.

Archie Manning, a former NFL quarterback, only spoke of his son's state of mind.

"I think he's OK, probably because there's a little finality to this deal in terms of playing," the elder Manning told Mortensen. "He's been on the clock since May. He didn't make it. Obviously, it's a big letdown, but he can relax a little bit compared to the intensity of everything he has done trying to rehab."

Earlier Thursday, without confirming any pending surgery for brother Peyton, Cooper Manning told ESPN that a cervical fusion would be a logical step after his brother's slow recovery and setback last week when he experienced more upper back and neck pain.

"Everyone is different, but I've had a fusion and I've known players who have had fusions and went on to play football. ... You can get a pretty good range of motion back and much more stability once it heals," said Cooper, the oldest of three brothers that include quarterbacks Peyton and Eli.

Cooper said he did not have specific knowledge on a decision regarding another operation for Peyton.

"You know Peyton and how he values his privacy even within a very tight family like we have," he said. "We've exchanged some short texts and I've given him his space. He's had a lot going on."

Manning will miss his first NFL game when the Colts open the 2011 season Sunday against the Houston Texans. He had made 227 consecutive starts counting playoff games, including the Super Bowl the Colts won capping the 2006 season. The four-time MVP is 35 years old.

Manning was hopeful that four months of therapy after his May 23 surgery would allow him to resume normal football activity, but his progress was minimal with nerve regeneration and his triceps area remained weak, not allowing him to throw a football with reasonable velocity. He was taken off the PUP (physically unable to play) list last week so he could practice on a limited basis as a part of his therapy in hopes of making progress and measuring his readiness.

However, Manning's progress "plateaued" and pain returned to his upper back and neck region, which initiated a new set of diagnostic tests and the recent prognosis that an anterior cervical fusion would be a wise course of action, sources said.

On Wednesday, in an interview with ESPN 1050 in New York, Colts vice chairman Bill Polian revealed that Manning would not play the opener Sunday at Houston. Manning confirmed the decision in a statement later Wednesday.

Chris Mortensen is ESPN's senior NFL analyst.

[pic - click to view]

http://espn.go.com/chicag .. ck-sources-say

According to footballguys.com:

Hi Folks,

The latest on Colts QB Peyton Manning. Jake Query, a radio host on WNDE in

Indianapolis is reporting that sources are telling him that Peyton Manning

is out for the year.

Query posted this on his twitter feed today:

"What I (Query) said: A source I consider reliable told me he is out for the

season. I do believe that the actual diagnosis is still being determined"

Query then followed that with: "I (Query) was also told the 3rd procedure has

taken place, either Sun or Monday."

Understand that this is not official by any stretch. This is a radio host in

Indianapolis (that I don't know much about) saying this is what his sources

are telling him.

It certainly fits with the worse case scenarios we've been envisioning but it

should be stressed that we have no facts or words from the Colts to back this up.

It's also worth noting that the Colts and Bill Polian are going to be the absolute

last people on earth to tell us this.

My gut feel is that I'd positively let someone else take the chance on Manning at

just about any price right now. I know some are saying now is the time to scoop

him up for pennies. I'm not one of those guys.

This is perhaps not related in any way shape or form, but I think it's worth

understanding that Peyton's older brother, Cooper, quit football after it was

discovered he had a congenital spine issue. I'm NOT saying Peyton has the same

issue. But I am saying Cooper's issue is something he thinks about as he plans

his future. It would be impossible for it not to be considered for him.

Older (but still relevant) article here:
[pic - click to view]

http://www.sptimes.com/20 .. _Manning.shtml

Thanks to Footballguy Andy Binder for the headsup on this news.

Remember, our Footballguys Insiders get stuff like this all year long.

Info here
[pic - click to view]

Fantasy Football - Footballguys Fantasy Football - Become an Insider

Have a great rest of your Wednesday.

Peace,

J

Joe Bryant

Owner - Footballguys.com

idk if its official yet but if soimage

172 comments for "Peyton Manning Just Had ANOTHER neck surgery (out for season? ESPN)"

6 years ago '05        #2
ThiZZ 157 heat pts157
space
space
$12,426 | Props total: 5 5
looks at footballguys.com

leaves thread
 6 years ago '06        #3
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,946 | Props total: 10597 10597
Just my luck...I drafta guy who has never missed an nfl game and he might be out for the year
 09-07-2011, 06:55 PM         #4
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ThiZZ said:
looks at footballguys.com

leaves thread
they were right before reporting he needed more time to recover when Colts were denying it
 09-07-2011, 06:55 PM         #5
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 philly337 said:
Just my luck...I drafta guy who has never missed an nfl game and he might be out for the year
neck injury made me not even think about drafting him. you better grab someone quick or kerry collins
 6 years ago '08        #6
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
that's crazy....but what kinda neck injury is it? Ed Reed has one and he's out there playing with much more contact...Peyton is a QB who doesn't get touched a lot of the time and he can't throw the ball?

not calling him out but just wondering?
 6 years ago '04        #7
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
$20,470 | Props total: 16285 16285
So he asked for a huge contract before he will reported to camp. He was given it without any hesitation, then reports to practice without ever actually practicing. He said several times he's no where near where he needs to be to be productive on the field.

Yet this dude gets zero negative attention for taking all that money, knowing he couldn't perform. If Manning is on the 53 man roster week one, clearly its him getting extra special treatment, beacuse he will be getting that for sure money just for his name being on that roster paper.

Can't knock the hustle tho
 6 years ago '05        #8
ThiZZ 157 heat pts157
space
space
$12,426 | Props total: 5 5
 Dat n*gga87 said:
So he asked for a huge contract before he will reported to camp. He was given it without any hesitation, then reports to practice without ever actually practicing. He said several times he's no where near where he needs to be to be productive on the field.

Yet this dude gets zero negative attention for taking all that money, knowing he couldn't perform. If Manning is on the 53 man roster week one, clearly its him getting extra special treatment, beacuse he will be getting that for sure money just for his name being on that roster paper.

SHUT

THE

fu*k

UP
 6 years ago '10        #9
prettyklever 121 heat pts121
space
space
$3,773 | Props total: 1175 1175
Very unreliable source.. I would advice on changing the name of this topic. It's still being reported from the Colts management that Peyton WILL return this season even though it's still uncertain when it will be.
 09-07-2011, 08:01 PM         #10
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 6 years ago '07        #11
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,605 | Props total: 3231 3231
 6 years ago '09        #12
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$48,928 | Props total: 22162 22162
ed reed told that n*gga stop crying and play.
 6 years ago '04        #13
shadymilkman 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$4,512 | Props total: 12 12
 6 years ago '04        #14
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
oh well...it's the owners fault for locking out

now one of their 2 biggest stars could be out for the year because he wasn't able to rehab with the team doctor

6 years ago '05        #15
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,781 | Props total: 4880 4880
Doubt it. Jay Glazer would be all of this if it was true.
 6 years ago '05        #16
bayryda 
space
space
space
$2,742 | Props total: 38 38
4-12 at best if this is true..Could be a blessing in disguise could get a high draft rank and get some players at DT LB and OL

Last edited by bayryda; 09-07-2011 at 09:01 PM..
 6 years ago '08        #17
Gmengfx 75 heat pts75
space
space
$12,648 | Props total: 1218 1218
you think this will effect my reggie wayne draft pick?

that was a big pick for me smh smh smh
 09-07-2011, 09:08 PM         #18
Rendition 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he'll be back Week 3
 6 years ago '05        #19
drama_kiNg 62 heat pts62
space
space
$14,284 | Props total: 675 675
 TriniSoldier said:
ed reed told that n*gga stop crying and play.
cmon now, tom brady is the king of crying.. got rules made cus of his whimpers
 6 years ago '04        #20
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,183 | Props total: 3329 3329
 Dat n*gga87 said:

Yeah but they owe him back pay like child support, he took care of their organization for years. The Colts without Manning irrelevant....
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
9 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy