DaOmega_1's review of "Drive"

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
194 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
129 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #101
DJ Idol 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 945 945
I went and found the soundtrack last night...I kinda wish that score didn't fill up most of it but oh well First 4-5 tracks are the sh*t.
 09-19-2011, 10:18 AM         #102
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Omega, why is this better than 50/50?
 6 years ago '07        #103
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,728 | Props total: 5 5
 DaOmega_1 said:
So, I take it you enjoyed the movie...

Everything about it, except one Ron Perlman line, which you probably know which one I am referring to.

Albert Brooks as the villain absolutely stole the show. They didn't make him look intimidating or like a disgruntled lost soul who hates the world(like most villains nowadays.) They just made him an evil guy who had the creepiness factor by his expressions and movements.
[spoiler - click to view]

Ryan Gosling probably has less than 5 minutes of total dialogue in the whole film, which was PERFECT. The people I was with didn't like that aspect because they said it made it awkward, I loved this. His mannerisms, expressions, and cinematography really made his character.

Every other character was spot on. I agree whole-heartedly about Standard. Every time I watched him I was like "Come on, do something to make me hate you." Refreshingly, it never happened.

The cinematography and soundtrack were stunning in this film.

CHECK THIS FILM OUT. I will mos def see it again in the theaters.
 09-19-2011, 10:34 AM         #104
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ryan Gosling probably has less than 5 minutes of total dialogue in the whole film, which was PERFECT.
 6 years ago '05        #105
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,830 | Props total: 4096 4096
 youknowmystelo said:
Omega, why is this better than 50/50?
Well, 50/50 is a wonderful movie that, despite how good it is, can still be considered familiar in style and tone. While I really like it, and it WILL most certainly end up on my year end top 10 list, it is a movie that has familiar tropes that take it down a bit.

Drive, however, is a movie movie that tells a familiar story in a VERY unconventional and stylish sort of way that instantly makes it more memorable than 50/50. There are so many scenes in "Drive" that I haven't been able to get out of my head since I first saw (including the Elevator scene, the scene on the beach, the scene in the garage with Albert Brooks and Bryan Cranston, etc)... This is a movie that I am fully convinced that I'll be thinking about, talking about, and watching a good 5 years from now. The same, however, cannot be said about 50/50, even though it is a really good movie.
 6 years ago '09        #106
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,299 | Props total: 7945 7945
alright im back......

theres so much things i LOVE about this movie....first it was a movie about a dude driving people as a service while their committing crime, then it kinda turned into a love story, then it turned in an action movie and a movie about helping someone then it turned into a movie about vengence

this isnt a ball to the wall action movie but it is a great great great movie......

i went with a homegirl and 2 homeboys and my homegirl thought the scenes where there wasnt any talkin going on were wack but imo those scenes made that movie

and the elevator scene, he was kissing that bi*ch and i bet she was getting wet and then boom he beating the cow sh*t out of a dude

i loved how he wasnt a bad guy, but he wasnt a good guy, when he was talkin to the little rican boy i think he explained who he was

he was a shark, he asked the kid who the villian in the cartoon they were watching, the kid said its the shark, he asked him how do you know, the kid said look at him he looks like a bad guy, and he said you dont think theres any good skarks and he smirked and the boy said no

he is that shark, he aint good, he aint bad, he just is, 1 minute he's warm, shy, and such a sweet dude and just like flipping a switch he can turn to a cold dude

and the scene where he smacked the girl, my homegirl was mad because she says it promotes domestic abuse but i like it, and you can tell he was gonna punch that bi*ch face in if she lied to him again

wow......i want a sequel or even a prequel, i want to see what did he go thru in his life that made him so fukkin dope, kind of reminds me of Anton Chigurh in No Country For Old Men, not that he was a k!ller but he could turn into that type of dude when neccessary

wow, im gonna go watch it again, 5 thumbs up lol, imo your either gonna LOVE this movie or your gonna think its wack, no in between
 6 years ago '09        #107
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
 MythMade said:
Everything about it, except one Ron Perlman line, which you probably know which one I am referring to.
was it the scene where

lol

what scene??

Last edited by Jacc Blacc; 09-19-2011 at 01:38 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #108
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:
Ryan Gosling probably has less than 5 minutes of total dialogue in the whole film, which was PERFECT.

Have you seen the movie?
 6 years ago '07        #109
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
space
 Jacc Blacc said:
was it the scene where he was in the shop and he was saying something about the car being a pus*y magnet and bryan cranston mumbled "you couldnt find pus*y in a wh0ore house" lol

what scene??

You gotta put spoilers my dude haha

6 years ago '05        #110
space
space
 Jacc Blacc said:
alright im back......

theres so much things i LOVE about this movie....first it was a movie about a dude driving people as a service while their committing crime, then it kinda turned into a love story, then it turned in an action movie and a movie about helping someone then it turned into a movie about vengence

this isnt a ball to the wall action movie but it is a great great great movie......

i went with a homegirl and 2 homeboys and my homegirl thought the scenes where there wasnt any talkin going on were wack but imo those scenes made that movie

and the elevator scene, he was kissing that bi*ch and i bet she was getting wet and then boom he beating the cow sh*t out of a dude

i loved how he wasnt a bad guy, but he wasnt a good guy, when he was talkin to the little rican boy i think he explained who he was

he was a shark, he asked the kid who the villian in the cartoon they were watching, the kid said its the shark, he asked him how do you know, the kid said look at him he looks like a bad guy, and he said you dont think theres any good skarks and he smirked and the boy said no

he is that shark, he aint good, he aint bad, he just is, 1 minute he's warm, shy, and such a sweet dude and just like flipping a switch he can turn to a cold dude

and the scene where he smacked the girl, my homegirl was mad because she says it promotes domestic abuse but i like it, and you can tell he was gonna punch that bi*ch face in if she lied to him again

wow......i want a sequel or even a prequel, i want to see what did he go thru in his life that made him so fukkin dope, kind of reminds me of Anton Chigurh in No Country For Old Men, not that he was a k!ller but he could turn into that type of dude when neccessary

wow, im gonna go watch it again, 5 thumbs up lol, imo your either gonna LOVE this movie or your gonna think its wack, no in between
I completely agree with everything said here.

I think Ryan Gosling, along with guys like Joseph Gordon-Levitt, is one of the best actors of this current generation. The dude has serious range, man. And, this film proves it.

I loved that scene with Christina Hendricks in the hotel room. I mean, when he pulled his gloves out of his pocket, you just knew... some sh*t was about to go down.
 09-19-2011, 11:17 AM         #111
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
at this hypocrite jacc blacc
 09-19-2011, 11:39 AM         #112
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MythMade said:
Have you seen the movie?
Too lazy to go see it. Maybe I'll go see to knock out two flicks in one trip. 50/50 or Puss in Boots.
 6 years ago '07        #113
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 youknowmystelo said:
too lazy to go see it. Maybe i'll go see to knock out two flicks in one trip. 50/50 or puss in boots.
50/50.
 6 years ago '05        #114
space
space
 TH35 said:
50/50.
Easily.
 6 years ago '09        #115
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
 MythMade said:
You gotta put spoilers my dude haha

yeah, it was funny though, akward but funny, he was trying to talk like a black guy i guess lol
 6 years ago '09        #116
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:
at this hypocrite jacc blacc
lol...not a hypocrite, i just didnt want to get over hyped which would fukk up my experience if the movie fell short of perfect..........its a great movie and i watched 50/50 that is also another dope movie
 09-19-2011, 02:23 PM         #117
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Any screeners on deck, son?
 09-19-2011, 05:02 PM         #118
Sid 6point7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I didn't realize that Bronson was directed by the same guy that did Drive until recently. It makes sense now.

Drive lived up to the hype. It's an insta-cop to own. Brutally violent, amazing acting, directing, screenplay and all.

god was that intense.

The opening scene pulled me right in... barely any dialogue but just intense as hell. The whole movie was amazing. Haven't seen something this good in a long time. Hollywood has been waiting to deliver and I'm glad they finally did.

11/10
 6 years ago '05        #119
space
space
 Sid 6point7 said:
I didn't realize that Bronson was directed by the same guy that did Drive until recently. It makes sense now.

Drive lived up to the hype. It's an insta-cop to own. Brutally violent, amazing acting, directing, screenplay and all.

god was that intense.

The opening scene pulled me right in... barely any dialogue but just intense as hell. The whole movie was amazing. Haven't seen something this good in a long time. Hollywood has been waiting to deliver and I'm glad they finally did.

11/10
As I said in my review,

literally left my jaw dropped wide open a good five minutes after it happened. That scene replays in my head DAILY since I first saw it almost two weeks ago... Sh*t, that whole scene is just iconic cinematic perfection.
 6 years ago '07        #120
RedMonkeyJunkie 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,998 | Props total: 1374 1374
 youknowmystelo said:
Any screeners on deck, son?
Go to the damn theater.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
14 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
13 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Rossí Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
70 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy