DaOmega_1's review of "Drive"

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
141 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
36 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #61
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,830 | Props total: 4096 4096
 Sid 6point7 said:
This is what I was saying. From the trailer I saw you could just tell the directing would be good. It looked sick too.

Well, purely speaking as an action film, it is a minimal kind of movie. Ryan Gosling's character is a silent one who only speaks when he needs to. His relation with Carey Mulligan is the same way. So much of why this film is amazing is because these actors actually "ACT". They aren't just reciting lines. They're acting with their eyes, with the body language, and with their facial expressions. The thing I love is that, for the most part, needless exposition about things we, the audience, already know is absent. They trust us to keep up, and we do.

As a result, the scenes of graphic (VERY graphic) violence have that much more impact.
 09-13-2011, 05:15 PM         #62
Sid 6point7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Well, purely speaking as an action film, it is a minimal kind of movie. Ryan Gosling's character is a silent one who only speaks when he needs to. His relation with Carey Mulligan is the same way. So much of why this film is amazing is because these actors actually "ACT". They aren't just reciting lines. They're acting with their eyes, with the body language, and with their facial expressions. The thing I love is that, for the most part, needless exposition about things we, the audience, already know is absent. They trust us to keep up, and we do.

As a result, the scenes of graphic (VERY graphic) violence have that much more impact.
I can't wait for this weekend to roll around man...
 6 years ago '05        #63
Redplayboy313 23 heat pts23
space
space
$2,967 | Props total: 7 7
 DaOmega_1 said:
Like the time you thought Limitless would be great, then came back on here talking about how you almost walked out?

Not trying to discount your opinion, I'm just sayin'... Trailers lie.

Yeah trailers lie plenty of times.
 6 years ago '05        #64
space
space
Just got certified fresh at 95%...

09-14-2011, 06:44 PM         #65
Sid 6point7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Just got certified fresh at 95%...

09-16-2011, 12:33 AM         #66
DOOMage 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Drive - 9.5/10

Neo - L.A. Noir at it's finest, damn.

Tense, violent and the soundtrack was hypnotic.

The second the music kicked in when he was first driving I was sold.
 6 years ago '05        #67
space
space
 DOOMage said:
Drive - 9.5/10

Neo - L.A. Noir at it's finest, damn.

Tense, violent and the soundtrack was hypnotic.

The second the music kicked in when he was first driving I was sold.
F*ck yeah....

6 years ago '05        #68
space
space
Have people seen it yet??

Did y'all think it was amazing?

Did y'all think it was terrible?

I wanna hear some thoughts on this...
 6 years ago '07        #69
RedMonkeyJunkie 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,999 | Props total: 1374 1374
Saw it last night too and loved it.
 6 years ago '04        #70
ddotdukes5 
space
space
$3,046 | Props total: 9 9
I liked the soundtrack more than the movie. And I thought the movie was amazing
 09-16-2011, 08:52 PM         #71
Sid 6point7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
omg omg im going sunday night after work im seriously so pumped

seriously
 6 years ago '05        #72
space
space
 ddotdukes5 said:
I liked the soundtrack more than the movie. And I thought the movie was amazing
Man, right after seeing it, I found it on iTunes, and bought it.
 6 years ago '09        #73
rdogg11 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$960 | Props total: 30 30
 DaOmega_1 said:
Have people seen it yet??

Did y'all think it was amazing?

Did y'all think it was terrible?

I wanna hear some thoughts on this...
I just watched and I have to say this is EXTRMELY OVERRATED AND PRETENTIOUS CRAP.

To the people that have seen the movie what did you guys think of the 40 second scenes of them just staring at each other with absolutely no dialogue. There was little to no dialogue between the driver and his girl. I wanted to reach out and into the screen and say...

SAY SOMETHING MOTHER fu*kER! ENGLISH DO YOU SPEAK IT!

That was my annoyance with it. Later Masterbaters!
 6 years ago '04        #74
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,488 | Props total: 104 104
 modalee said:
From the previews this looked like it would be similar to the Transporter or Faster but after reading this review and some other ones it seems like this could be a movie of the year contender. Ill be watching this opening weekend.
I just got back from seeing it and I too thought it was going to be along the lines of Transporter.. But as others have said.. It's nothing like Transporter other the the first couple of scenes.. 2 other cats I went to watch the movie with thought it was horrible.. I, however, did not.. The more I think about it the more I actually wanna go see it again.. Might try to convince the wife to go see it with me.. And man that soundtrack was on some Scarface/GTA:Vice City ish.. Loved that soundtrack.. Gonna have to cop that from somewhere..

I already said it in the other thread.. But at some points I was thinking the movie was slow.. But quickly found out it was just building the intensity of what was about to go down.. Gosling gets a thumbs up from me along with ol buddy who played the bad guy..

Movie was sick.. Check it out when you can.. You shouldn't be disappointed.. And if you are.. Sorry for ya..
 6 years ago '05        #75
space
space
 GetOnMahLevel said:
I just got back from seeing it and I too thought it was going to be along the lines of Transporter.. But as others have said.. It's nothing like Transporter other the the first couple of scenes.. 2 other cats I went to watch the movie with thought it was horrible.. I, however, did not.. The more I think about it the more I actually wanna go see it again.. Might try to convince the wife to go see it with me.. And man that soundtrack was on some Scarface/GTA:Vice City ish.. Loved that soundtrack.. Gonna have to cop that from somewhere..

I already said it in the other thread.. But at some points I was thinking the movie was slow.. But quickly found out it was just building the intensity of what was about to go down.. Gosling gets a thumbs up from me along with ol buddy who played the bad guy..

Movie was sick.. Check it out when you can.. You shouldn't be disappointed.. And if you are.. Sorry for ya..
It's definitely got a point in which it's slow, but for me, it's never EVER boring.

And, to the other guy who said something about the silence, I actually LOVED that about it. I loved that the movie wasn't filled with meaningless exposition spoon feeding us information. It's all there and evident with the acting, the body language, and the subtle mannerisms. It trusts its audience to be able to pick up on those things, and I definitely did.

I also think the intensity of it all made the silent moments all the more powerful, because it made those scenes absolutely creepy only because you know that, at any moment, Ryan Gosling's character will snap, and go homicidal if pushed... That becomes more evident as the movie goes along, and it makes those moments of quiet in the 2nd act all the more powerful... At least to me... That's what I mean when I say the 2nd half of the film makes the entire first half better.
 6 years ago '09        #76
rdogg11 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$960 | Props total: 30 30
 DaOmega_1 said:
It's definitely got a point in which it's slow, but for me, it's never EVER boring.

And, to the other guy who said something about the silence, I actually LOVED that about it. I loved that the movie wasn't filled with meaningless exposition spoon feeding us information. It's all there and evident with the acting, the body language, and the subtle mannerisms. It trusts its audience to be able to pick up on those things, and I definitely did.

I also think the intensity of it all made the silent moments all the more powerful, because it made those scenes absolutely creepy only because you know that, at any moment, Ryan Gosling's character will snap, and go homicidal if pushed... That becomes more evident as the movie goes along, and it makes those moments of quiet in the 2nd act all the more powerful... At least to me... That's what I mean when I say the 2nd half of the film makes the entire first half better.
I wasn't really feeling the silence and awkward..... ummm, well, silence . But all the reviews and uproar of the movie is based around how it is so violent and it's a non stop thrill ride. People are going to be dissapointed as hell like I was, thinking this movie was going to be hardcore pulp fiction status.

Can't wait to hear the mainstream audience reaction to this.

I'll definatley watch it again though if maybe I missed something. Like a TPS report or something.
 6 years ago '05        #77
space
space
 rdogg11 said:
I wasn't really feeling the silence and awkward..... ummm, well, silence . But all the reviews and uproar of the movie is based around how it is so violent and it's a non stop thrill ride. People are going to be dissapointed as hell like I was, thinking this movie was going to be hardcore pulp fiction status.

Can't wait to hear the mainstream audience reaction to this.

I'll definatley watch it again though if maybe I missed something. Like a TPS report or something.
IDK, so far, mainstream word has been positive. It is VERY violent, and the silent moments make the violent moments better because the violence disrupts the rhythm. To me, it settled me into one kind of rhythm, then completely shifted, and made it all different.

And, about the "Pulp Fiction" comment, Pulp Fiction isn't known for its action. it's known for its dialogue. So, Pulp Fiction is not an apt comparison... Or maybe it is, because that was considered very atypical and arty also, just like this movie is.
 09-17-2011, 03:23 AM         #78
DOOMage 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
As has already been mentioned, this movie is about everything that isn't said. I love it.

Makes the film even more tense and it represents Gosling's character. Silent, surgical, calculated and potentially deadly.

Hell, even
[spoiler - click to view]

I think by critics this movie is obviously a success and all, but as far as mainstream audiences go there will be a lot of question marks and people going in expecting something a lot faster paced going by the tv spots.

This girl at work tonight said she was going to possibly see it tonight and I flat out said "I saw it last night, it was amazing - but I don't think if you would like it". I would love if she loved it too, but I just don't see the casual viewers being in love with it.
 09-17-2011, 03:29 AM         #79
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DOOMage said:
As has already been mentioned, this movie is about everything that isn't said. I love it.

Makes the film even more tense and it represents Gosling's character. Silent, surgical, calculated and potentially deadly.

Hell, even
[spoiler - click to view]

I think by critics this movie is obviously a success and all, but as far as mainstream audiences go there will be a lot of question marks and people going in expecting something a lot faster paced going by the tv spots.

This girl at work tonight said she was going to possibly see it tonight and I flat out said "I saw it last night, it was amazing - but I don't think if you would like it". I would love if she loved it too, but I just don't see the casual viewers being in love with it.
Whatever this suppose to mean.
 6 years ago '09        #80
DJ Idol 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 945 945
Saw this tonight, and fu*king LOVED it. As soon as the intro credits started, I knew I was going to love it. Everything about this movie is what makes a perfect movie to me, the music, the editing, the action, the dialogue, everything. By far the best movie I have seen all year, and the only thing I can see topping this is The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, if it's as good as I'm hoping it is.

Going back to see this with my boy tomorrow since I just took my girl tonight, she loved it too which was surprising to me because she hates violent movies, the only thing she didn't like was the ending.

I suggest everyone go see this movie! :celebrate0:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
163 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
57 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
46 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy