DaOmega_1's review of "Drive"

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
25 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #181
patt24 52 heat pts52
space
space
$7,025 | Props total: 2560 2560
seen this last night...thought it was boring..was shot well and the soundtrack was dope, but it wasnt in the slightest bit entertaining to me
 09-26-2011, 11:30 AM         #182
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I strongly disliked this movie. Dialogue and character development was extremely weak (especially the main character) and the artsy style of direction was wack imo. The brutally graphic violence all of sudden was not effective because the characters were not well established and the whole environment was not believable.
 6 years ago '11        #183
keen77 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,252 | Props total: 1 1
great movie. 8.5/10. Good review DaOmega, probably the best movie of the year - but it's a sleeper hit. Not for everyone because it's not got special effects or comedy...

I liked the 1st half of the movie too, it was a little slow, but what it was leading up to--2nd half--seemed rushed. Then again I saw the screener, not the final version of the film.
 6 years ago '06        #184
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,461 | Props total: 14706 14706
 TH35 said:
I'd give the movie an 8.5 or 9. I haven't seen a movie worth a 10 in LONG TIME.
I don't like giving 'ratings' but I would say a 7 or 7.5... A 10 is just ridiculous...that's Godfather status.
 09-26-2011, 02:06 PM         #185
phillyCANNON 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youknowmystelo said:

best parts

I agree.

It flows perfectly -- no slow parts, everything is careful and methodical. Without the first half, the second half would have been less effective.
 09-26-2011, 02:10 PM         #186
Sid 6point7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bob Sacamano said:
I strongly disliked this movie. Dialogue and character development was extremely weak (especially the main character) and the artsy style of direction was wack imo. The brutally graphic violence all of sudden was not effective because the characters were not well established and the whole environment was not believable.
Are you trolling or being serious?

I saw it again this past weekend. Loved it even more the 2nd time. Insta cop when it becomes legal physical media.

The bottom line is, anyone that didn't like this movie has barely any to no taste in film, like fapping fapster.
 6 years ago '07        #187
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
I thought it was okay.

Pretty good @ best.

Definitely undeserving of a perfect score.

Maybe that's a product of y'all getting my hopes up too high.
 6 years ago '05        #188
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,830 | Props total: 4096 4096
 Bleezy said:
I thought it was okay.

Pretty good @ best.

Definitely undeserving of a perfect score.

Maybe that's a product of y'all getting my hopes up too high.
I suppose...

For me, it was absolutely everything I wanted it to be, and absolute nothing that I didn't.

I think its very deserving of my highest score... TO ME, that is.
 6 years ago '07        #189
RedMonkeyJunkie 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,999 | Props total: 1374 1374
 Bob Sacamano said:

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '09        #190
DJ Idol 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 945 945
 Birdman's Back said:
lmao i swear... i know u think im just hatin on u but fu*k u overrate EVERYTHING. a fu*king 10?! that means u literally thought this movie was fu*kin perfect. REALLY?! good lord.

with that said, the movie was dope. sh*t started out sh*tty as fu*k... halfway through i was gonna turn it off because that sh*t was pretty much nothing except this weird dude staring into space (wtf was up with that? his character was mad weird). then the violence kicked off and sh*t picked up. 2nd half of the movie was crack, 1st half was fu*kin sh*t.

Christina Hendricks was the best part of the movie, gotdamn that bi*ch is bad.

but a fu*kin 10? do u watch a movie that u dont think is 'great'? lol

This movie is perfect. There's not one thing I would change about it, and I've seen it four times. The first half of the movie is fu*king excellent, it sets you up for what's about to happen, it gives you what the Driver's normal life is like, and what he would like it to be like, only to show you what it ends up becoming and how it'll never be how he wants it in the 2nd half. The scene with the Driver and the girl and her kid driving through the creek or whatever in the first half is one of the best scenes of the movie IMO.
 6 years ago '06        #191
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
 DJ Idol said:

This movie is perfect. There's not one thing I would change about it, and I've seen it four times. The first half of the movie is fu*king excellent, it sets you up for what's about to happen, it gives you what the Driver's normal life is like, and what he would like it to be like, only to show you what it ends up becoming and how it'll never be how he wants it in the 2nd half. The scene with the Driver and the girl and her kid driving through the creek or whatever in the first half is one of the best scenes of the movie IMO.
to each his own i guess...

nothing perfect about it imo... the creek sh*t was mad corny to me... and to me there was nothing likeable about the bi*ch... shes 'fallin' for this dude yet the minute her as*hole baby daddy gets out its like 'peace out' to ole boy... yet he still willing to do some illegal, dumb sh*t and k!ll for her? i just wasnt feelin the first half of that sh*t. and i have no idea why he was constantly just staring into space, weird as fu*k.
 6 years ago '05        #192
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
Joint was cool.

I would've appreciated a lil more action in place of some of that lovey dovey sh*t.
The story was cool. The cinematography was hot. The acting was really good.

Christina Hendricks can get it. I would seriously try to knock out her alignment.

Easy.
 09-26-2011, 06:51 PM         #193
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Birdman's Back said:
to each his own i guess...

nothing perfect about it imo... the creek sh*t was mad corny to me... and to me there was nothing likeable about the bi*ch... shes 'fallin' for this dude yet the minute her as*hole baby daddy gets out its like 'peace out' to ole boy... yet he still willing to do some illegal, dumb sh*t and k!ll for her? i just wasnt feelin the first half of that sh*t. and i have no idea why he was constantly just staring into space, weird as fu*k.

- When i first experience the scene when the Driver meets her man. It felt tension, even though he approached him in a sort of mannerly way. I asked myself these questions, is he a brick? is he a tough guy that's gonna try something slick? but nope hes actually a good guy. That's great work of a director right there.

- The Driver went out for vengeance because they roughen up dude while giving the kid a bullet. They build up scenes earlier showing those two bounding.

- She was a innocent and passive chick, and you'll notice she really didn't want to be with him but she stood by his side.
 6 years ago '05        #194
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:

- When i first experience the scene when the Driver meets her man. It felt tension, even though he approached him in a sort of mannerly way. I asked myself these questions, is he a brick? is he a tough guy that's gonna try something slick? but nope hes actually a good guy. That's great work of a director right there.

- The Driver went out for vengeance because they roughen up dude while giving the kid a bullet. They build up scenes earlier showing those two bounding.

- She was a innocent and passive chick, and you'll notice she really didn't want to be with him but she stood by his side.
That storyline involving the husband would've easily ruined the entire movie if it had been done like it's been done a thousand times... But, thank God they actually gave the husband much more dimension and layers, and made him a decent guy rather than a d!ck (which would be exactly how it would be if it were in a lesser movie).

The reason for the silence between Driver & Irene, for me, is because these are two people who want to go forward, but can't. It's right there in the performances... The way they stare at each other, you can see all that in the way they look at each other....
 09-26-2011, 07:02 PM         #195
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
That storyline involving the husband would've easily ruined the entire movie if it had been done like it's been done a thousand times... But, thank God they actually gave the husband much more dimension and layers, and made him a decent guy rather than a d!ck (which would be exactly how it would be if it were in a lesser movie).

The reason for the silence between Driver & Irene, for me, is because these are two people who want to go forward, but can't. It's right there in the performances... The way they stare at each other, you can see all that in the way they look at each other....

What was your emotion or thinking during that scene (Irene's boyfriend and the Driver first encounter)? Would like to hear others thoughts on it.
 6 years ago '05        #196
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:

What was your emotion or thinking during that scene (Irene's boyfriend and the Driver first encounter)? Would like to hear others thoughts on it.
Well, my feeling was that Standard (the boyfriend) was suspicious, but obviously didn't want to be an as*hole about it. It seemed as though that he trusted Irene, and didn't think she'd do some grimey sh*t
[spoiler - click to view]

I also felt that there was underlying tension that was obviously going to set up what was to come and the resolution of that storyline.
 6 years ago '07        #197
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
 DaOmega_1 said:
I suppose...

For me, it was absolutely everything I wanted it to be, and absolute nothing that I didn't.

I think its very deserving of my highest score... TO ME, that is.
I can respect that.

09-26-2011, 11:37 PM         #198
phillyCANNON 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's such a brilliant movie all around.

It k!lls me how ppl complain about the pace. Anyway, I love how the Albert Brooks character kinda represents some critics in a way: He says he used to make movies and the critics called them "European". Now that I watched it again last night, I have a much better grasp on the ending and what it all means. Very TO LIVE AND DIE IN LA-ish, IMO.
 6 years ago '09        #199
DJ Idol 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 945 945
 youknowmystelo said:

Yep, kinda like Omega said, I felt like Standard didn't exactly like the fact that the driver was hangout with his wife and kid, but at the same time was appreciative of him helping out around the house, even though he knew there was something between Irene and the driver. But at the same time, I felt like Irene KNEW that Standard felt like that, but didn't really care because she wanted to be with the driver, since not once did she stop smiling or staring at the driver once her husband came out.

I also think alot of people forget about the part where the driver and Irene are in the car and they start holding hands, which shows without a doubt that she wants to be with him, and, if her husband hadn't ended up getting out of jail, she WOULD have been with him, but I guess she decided it was best to stick with the husband, probably for her kid's sake or something, even if she really didn't want to (as you can tell in the scene where Standard and the driver first meet, when she's sitting outside her apartment after the party's over).
 6 years ago '06        #200
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:

- he was a still a d!ck...

- no he didnt. wtf were u watching? he wasnt goin out for vengeance because of that? thats bullsh*t. he was gonna help ole dude, he made sure to say "his debt is done" after they do the robbery. he didnt even go for "vengeance" after they went after him in the hotel. he was just gone give him the money back if they would take it...which is why he kept sayin "u fu*ked it up" to ole boy from Malcolm In The Middle after he called the gangster dude. u tryin to tell me why sh*t was so great yet u dont even know wtf was goin on in the movie fu*kin priceless.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
161 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
57 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
116 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy