Advice on how to beat someone on Madden 12 that just passes every down (shotgun)

most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
69 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
261 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
77 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #1
7806 pageviews
30 comments

I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
Advice on how to beat someone on Madden 12 that just passes every down (shotgun)

I'm playing my brother on franchise and it's taking all the fun out of it for me. I like to build my team like I think a real franchise would. I have a really good defense and a good running game. My QB is good, but my receivers are average at best (80s).

Anyway, all my brother does is run the shotgun with four receivers (he drafted a good QB and has three good WR (calvin johnson, julio jones [95], and a receiver he drafted [93])

I have good CBs (both are 94ish i think)...

Anyway, it doesn't matter what I do. Since he's in the shotgun, I cannot get pressure on him for sh*t. It seems like if he's in shotgun, I can blitz and nobody gets to him in time. It doesn't matter what defense I pick. I've been running Sub and Nickle (mostly sub) trying to stop him. I'll run zone or man and it doesn't matter. I can't get pressure on him in time to make it worth blitzing and if I just lay back he can sit back and wait for his receivers to out run me.

Anyway, it's really k!lling Madden for me. I tried with a 4-3 for our first year trying to get more pressure but it was terrible. I traded Suh for a first round pick and started running 3-4 (have Raji as my DT) and I can do fine if he runs anything other than Shotgun. He saw that he beats my a.ss when he uses Shotgun, so now he runs it every play.

Any advice on how to beat him? I have a good defensive team, but it just doesn't matter... I have Von Miller (90ish), Clay Mathews (like 94), Lawrence Timmons (90s) and a MLB I drafted (92)... I have Devin Mccourtey and Patrick Petterson as my CB (94s)... I have Eric Berry (99) and Byrd as FS (high 80s)... my ends are drafted guys but in the 90s..

anyway, help...

30 comments for "Advice on how to beat someone on Madden 12 that just passes every down (shotgun)"

6 years ago '08        #2
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23332 23332
Do you let the cpu do all the work?
 6 years ago '11        #3
Unattached 46 heat pts46
space
space
$1,934 | Props total: 1720 1720
Try bump coverage. That usually throws the timing off or it knocks the receivers off their routes.

If he throws deep use a man zone coverage with 3 or 4 CBs in it and try to user pick his sh*t
 6 years ago '04        #4
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 784 784
you suck man. if he using shotgun with 4 receivers, why the fu*k you using nickel? nickel is designed for 3 receivers. you using that will have a LB matching up with a receiver.

You need to use dime and quarter formation, dime is designed for 4 receivers, quarter is designed for 5. match it up with those plays, corner blitzes, man, zone. if he tends to use slants alot, try cover 2 in those packages
 6 years ago '09        #5
ImAMonster 407 heat pts407
space
space
$37,407 | Props total: 10534 10534
Football is confusing as fu*k. :/ That's prob why I get my a.ss kicked all the time. Venom, I'll throw you some props if you can help me with madden?
 6 years ago '04        #6
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
 ImAMonster said:
Football is confusing as fu*k. :/ That's prob why I get my a.ss kicked all the time. Venom, I'll throw you some props if you can help me with madden?
what you need help with?

Last edited by Venom; 09-07-2011 at 08:50 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #7
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,611 | Props total: 30574 30574
get in the dime.
 6 years ago '09        #8
space
space
 Venom said:
what you need help with?
EVERY...fu*kING...THING. I can't establish a run game, I get burned on defense damn near every time. I every time I try to pass, the pass just gets batted down or picked off (I don't leave the pocket that often so I don't do dumb sh*t like trying to let my receivers get into the endzone before I decide to pass), but it happens every time.
 6 years ago '04        #9
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
 ImAMonster said:
EVERY...fu*kING...THING. I can't establish a run game, I get burned on defense damn near every time. I every time I try to pass, the pass just gets batted down or picked off (I don't leave the pocket that often so I don't do dumb sh*t like trying to let my receivers get into the endzone before I decide to pass), but it happens every time.
as for running, just be patient and wait for the blocks to develop. if you on a run play with the fullback, follow him through the whole til he makes a block a rush right pass him. avoid defenders using jukes.

passing, need to lead the receiver.dont do lobs. bullet passes and lead the receiver by the left analog stick to throw away from the defender.
 6 years ago '07        #10
Grave 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,788 | Props total: 200 200
Does ur bro know urlooking for ways to kick his a.ss? Lol
 6 years ago '09        #11
space
space
 Venom said:
as for running, just be patient and wait for the blocks to develop. if you on a run play with the fullback, follow him through the whole til he makes a block a rush right pass him. avoid defenders using jukes.

passing, need to lead the receiver.dont do lobs. bullet passes and lead the receiver by the left analog stick to throw away from the defender.
Okay so it's not just simple mashing the button, I have to choose to throw the ball away from where the defender is at? So say my receiver ran an out-route to the sideline and the defender follows, if I move my left analog stick to the left, he'll catch the ball somewhere near the middle of the field?
 6 years ago '10        #12
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,611 | Props total: 30574 30574
Just smacked my bro 37 - 7 n*gga wanted to f!ght me.
 6 years ago '04        #13
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
 ImAMonster said:
Okay so it's not just simple mashing the button, I have to choose to throw the ball away from where the defender is at? So say my receiver ran an out-route to the sideline and the defender follows, if I move my left analog stick to the left, he'll catch the ball somewhere near the middle of the field?
say your receiver is ahead of the defender running a slant. throw the ball at the direction your receiver is running (left stick + pass button)

dont know if you know this, holding a pass button is bullet passes, tapping it is lobbing passes
 6 years ago '08        #14
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272

if you cant get to the qb, something is wrong.

if dude is going deep. i run cover 4, but i man up on top reciever or main guy he throws to. man up on HB to watch him in the flats. and i user the MLB and watch the middle.
 6 years ago '04        #15
Mark-Ez 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,057 | Props total: 1283 1283
all this is obvious information, and you'll still get smoked by some one who is good...i make it unfair for ppl. online...
 6 years ago '09        #16
space
space
 Venom said:
say your receiver is ahead of the defender running a slant. throw the ball at the direction your receiver is running (left stick + pass button)

dont know if you know this, holding a pass button is bullet passes, tapping it is lobbing passes
Yeah the tap and hold has been in madden as long as I can remember. Definitely gotta know the difference between which you need to use. Thanks for the info bro. You got madden for PS3 or 360?
 6 years ago '05        #17
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts OP
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
Alright.

I like to play as the MLB. The problem is when I do that, I can cover the middle pretty well, but then he just eats me up with the wide outs. When I switch to the CB (usually on Calvin) he won't throw it to him, but then just throws it to Julio Jones or his rookie WR. I do switch to the other guy when the ball is thrown, but his receiver literally has my guy beat by at least a few inches on the screen every time.

I don't use Nickle when he has shotgun. I was using my 3-4 and Nickle when he was running the Singleback. I did fine with that, but when he switched to shotgun, I couldn't do sh*t.

Also, is dime renamed to Sub on here now? My playbook doesn't have a dime package (been using the Jets and Packers playbook).

So, from what I've read, just throw some man press on them? I can try that and see if it helps. He really just k!lls me with slants and outs/ins. He doesn't beat me deep too often. It's just those little passes. He has fast receivers, so they seem to be open every damn time.
 6 years ago '08        #18
clenz7621 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,415 | Props total: 31 31
Dime Package...Cover 2 man press...move dline a certain direction and either have them fan or slant to 1 side
 6 years ago '08        #19
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
unless i know i can put my guy in position, i dont user my CBs. i played a guy last night who constantly tried to control the secondary, and i burned him every single time with andre johnson. im trying to win, so some things i let the computer handle.
 6 years ago '09        #20
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,418 | Props total: 12358 12358
Yeah, I do what Clenz suggested but I mostly control the safety after I make all my adjustments calls. The safety is usually the deep man so I can cover anything deep if a CB is beat to anywhere on the field. The corners are in press/bump coverage to shut off any quick or timing routes, the LB is working the middle/underneath stuff and my linemen are doing something different every play but the goal is to get after the QB.

It sounds like you are playing off of everything and he's just nickel and diming you down the field based on your second post. At first I thought he was beating you deep easy on every play
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
279 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago