Birdman Denies Buying Copies of Lil Wayne’s Tha Carter IV

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
174 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #41
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,110 | Props total: 23354 23354
why would he waste his money buying albums when he's getting most of the money anyway? Like Baby said that's hustling backwards. Buying 500k copies at $10 a pop is $5M out his pocket.

So a.ssuming C4 actually sold 400k, that's $4M of profit BUT he spent $5M buying copies so he actually lost a million trying to boost numbers.
 09-07-2011, 01:48 PM         #42
KingNick305 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Birdman is so stupid. Just by what he said to the radio just proves he bought them. Hows birdman gonna say "I press and distribute the cds if i bought them that be hustling backwards".
That sh*t aint hustling backwards cause all that money that he would have used to buy the albums goes right back to him. SMH
 09-07-2011, 01:50 PM         #43
KingNick305 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Arson said:
Buying 500k copies at $10 a pop is $5M out his pocket.
That aint sh*t out of his pocket cause that 5 mill goes right back to him.
 6 years ago '05        #44
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,917 | Props total: 1489 1489
*Goes to Best Buy*

"Wha happnin pleh boi lemme get 300 thousand of dem Carter 4's"
 6 years ago '10        #45
smokinthe420 4 heat pts
space
space
$15,433 | Props total: 6603 6603
U know boxden listening........ n*gga what copies...
 6 years ago '08        #46
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
 KingNick305 said:
That aint sh*t out of his pocket cause that 5 mill goes right back to him.
no it doesn't Don't believe that "I press and distribute" sh*t, Universal fronts the cost on that. If they weren't, Cash Money would be the biggest independent label on the planet right now. The reason you even sign to a major is to utilize their distribution channels and marketing dollars. Birdman isn't buying albums.
 6 years ago '08        #47
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
and even if Birdman was taking the cost of pressing the cds and Universal just distributed them. Cash Money would have folded YYYYEEAARS ago on that business model because he would be pressing millions of cds AROUND THE WORLD, out of pocket, and then buying them at retail just to push himself further into the red.

You don't make something and then buy it yourself because you're losing money. You wouldn't sell 10,000 copies to best buy at a wholesale price, just to go in there the next week to buy 5,000 back
 09-07-2011, 02:43 PM         #48
80sbabyent 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hiphopknowledge said:
Aslong as eminem and Dre alive aftermath runs rap whenever detox drop it will sell more then carter 4
Aftermath had the shortest run of all of those labels I listed tho. There was no Aftermath in 95 and there isn't one now. I was talking on longevity and consistency... Aftermath is anything but. Sure they can pop in every few years with a monster album.. but Im talking about labels that do numbers every single year.
 6 years ago '06        #49
sunsetnVine 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$8,760 | Props total: 3708 3708

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

A couple youngstaz in here... old headz will get it... dude saying what he gotta say to get them boyz off his coatails....
 6 years ago '05        #50
ROC585 306 heat pts306
space
space
space
$2,293 | Props total: 3447 3447
Any fool who will bet 2 mill and lose is the same guy that will buy albums.
 6 years ago '04        #51
doro85 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,166 | Props total: 435 435
Beledat plehboi
 09-07-2011, 03:48 PM         #52
eyerocket05 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yall n*gga hate YMCMB so much that yall will make up anything to discredit wayne selling a million........wayne fan base is nuts that n*gga is a household name. To think that baby brought CDs to make wayne look like he sold a million doesnt make any sense...What is having a platnium plaque if you lost money buying it???? He has loyal fan just like EM got. He crossed over he getting money from every angle. Stop the hate yall n*ggas is the reason he sold a milli cause yall always got his name in yall mouth
 6 years ago '10        #53
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
haters gonna hate
 6 years ago '07        #54
blablablabla 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$367 | Props total: 102 102
 KingHenrythe2nd said:
Actual Conversation:

SWAY - "So how's life treating you."

BIRDMAN - “I press and distribute CDs, ain’t no need for me to buy em. That’s hustling backwards, we ain’t in it for that. I ain’t ever been a part of that steam to be buying records. We don’t do that homie. That don’t go with what we do. We true about what we do, we real about what we do, we work hard every day at it. There’s no such thing as me buying those CDs, I wouldn’t even play it like that. I don’t think that’s gangsta, nor fair ball, I ain’t even in it for that.”

Guilty as charged
I'm crying
 6 years ago '04        #55
Monoblock 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,459 | Props total: 1292 1292
 ant30ant33 said:
nobody was saying this when juvenile "400 degreez" sold 5 million....
You must be kind of young b/c when that album dropped it didn't sale the way you might think. 400 Degreez was a slow burn and didnt really start selling until Back Dat Azz up dropped which was the second single. Hell they even repressed it which had that horrible Jay Z verse on that

Ha remix bldaaaat bldaaat bldaaat
It took 2 years for that album to sell 5X platinum
 09-07-2011, 04:44 PM         #56
Rendition 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*gga bought at least 100k
 09-07-2011, 04:49 PM         #57
Rendition 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why do people keep saying it would be a waste of money

All this n*gga baby does is waste money buying objects that lose value

Threads are made daily on his purchases

At least buying albums helps his brand and gives his biggest artist an even bigger buzz

Those bugattis, black diamond chains and private jets don't do that
 09-07-2011, 04:51 PM         #58
RapCity 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

ay woadie they used say i was
buying my own Cd's too
 6 years ago '11        #59
Patron253 54 heat pts54
space
space
$2,069 | Props total: 123 123
 Wasted said:
Men lie, women lie, numbers lie, Birdman lies
 09-07-2011, 05:05 PM         #60
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Listen, CMR has a pressing and distribution deal with Universal Music Group, one of the few deals of that type left, where CMR handles the initial pressing of the product and a.ssociated costs and Universal handles the distribution of that product to the big retail chains and the promotional costs, production fees, legal and marketing fees. Simply put, Birdman provides the product needed to handle the forecasted sales and UMG handles the tasks and fees to get out to the masses in an adequate and timely fashion, and both parties do their best to keep cost to a minimum. So in order to handle the costs projected to effectively push the product, Birdman could or should not buy their own albums because it supersedes the profit margin they have projected for the album after the liability/cost. Simply put, just to rub it in Hov's face that C4 was a better success then WTT then buying albums is not feasible because again, it severly cuts into their expected profit yield, and as Birdman so effectively said, " be hustling backwards, bruh" lol. Plus, RIAA and other entities have strongly cracked down on album pos scans so simply put, if there isn't an actual scan at the point of sale or a documented transaction shown where it was purchased online it doesn't count. So again,if he made those numbers, he MADE those NUMBERS, end of story.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
186 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I'm taking that one-way flight to London
16 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy