Birdman Denies Buying Copies of Lil Wayneís Tha Carter IV

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
204 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
253 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
91 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
176 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #1
7250 pageviews
119 comments

SM 38173 heat pts38173
space
space
$127,936 | Props total: 67340 67340
Birdman Denies Buying Copies of Lil Wayneís Tha Carter IV

As soon as the official Nielsen SoundScan numbers for Lil Wayne’s Tha Carter IV came out yesterday (September 6), naysayers have gone online to allege that Cash Money co-founder, Bryan “Baby” Williams bought copies of the disc to bulk up the LP’s stats.

As previously reported, CIV sold 964,000 units in its first week, but according to Baby, he didn’t buy any of those copies.

“I press and distribute [CDs], ain’t no need for me to buy em.,” Birdman told Sway on his Shade 45 morning show earlier today. “That’s hustling backwards, we ain’t in it for that. I ain’t ever been a part of that steam to be buying records. We don’t do that homie. That don’t go with what we do. We true about what we do, we real about what we do, we work hard every day at it.”

“There’s no such thing as me buying those CDs,” he added. “I wouldn’t even play it like that. I don’t think that’s gangsta, nor fair ball, I ain’t even in it for that.”

Lil Wayne took to Twitter to thank his fans for their support last night.

“Wow!!!!!!!!!! I have the best fans in the universe,” he wrote. “I thank u all. Hard work and dedication pays well. Young Mula baby!(weezy voice) (sic).”

[pic - click to view]

Birdman Denies Buying Copies of Lil Wayne‚€™s Tha Carter IV [Audio] | XXLMAG.COM

[This is a discussion/feedback topic only]

Last edited by SM; 09-07-2011 at 12:37 PM..

119 comments for "Birdman Denies Buying Copies of Lil Wayneís Tha Carter IV"

6 years ago '06        #2
Qbert 22 heat pts22
space
space
$4,633 | Props total: 2537 2537
First thing I thought when I saw those numbers. Not hating - I just know them n*ggas got money over there, and want to desperately beat out WTT.
 09-07-2011, 12:19 PM         #3
okplayboy2001 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the fact that he ran to radio to deny this futher lets me know he BOUGHT THOSE ALBUMS!!!!
 6 years ago '10        #4
calicase 
space
space
$992 | Props total: 161 161
dude dont just have the blacks.. He got some of the em crowd...
 6 years ago '11        #5
King Henry 548 heat pts548
space
space
$43,970 | Props total: 9954 9954
The fact that he had to deny it

Them Young Money n*ggas be trolling boxden
 09-07-2011, 12:27 PM         #6
Millerionaire87 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Qbert said:
First thing I thought when I saw those numbers. Not hating - I just know them n*ggas got money over there, and want to desperately beat out WTT.
and yall dumb for even thinking dat sh*t...but if em does it "he's the king, he has loyal fans, his fan-base is huge and etc"...Wayne did 1 million in a week off C3 because he really has LOYAL fans and he's a superstar!!!!!....why you think him and eminem both is goin to Sydney, AUS to perform???... and this isn't no damn small building that they're goin to be performing in....this is U2 type crowd!!!.....yall need to stop being bias with this hip hop sh*t and open your minds to know that it's highly possible for him to put up such numbers because of his large fan base..... so for yall to keep running with this oh the label bought his albums is making yall look real Envious!!!!!!!
 09-07-2011, 12:29 PM         #7
Millerionaire87 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 okplayboy2001 said:
the fact that he ran to radio to deny this futher lets me know he BOUGHT THOSE ALBUMS!!!!
im pretty much sure that question was asked !!!!...there is noooo way he was going to burst out in the middle of the interview and say "ďI press and distribute [CDs], ainít no need for me to buy em.,Ē Birdman told Sway on his Shade 45 morning show earlier today. ďThatís hustling backwards, we ainít in it for that. I ainít ever been a part of that steam to be buying records. We donít do that homie. That donít go with what we do. We true about what we do, we real about what we do, we work hard every day at it.Ē
 6 years ago '07        #8
Hunedz|M 38 heat pts38
space
space
$6,414 | Props total: 3 3
Some people let bullsh*t walk and others don't, him going on the radio denying don't mean sh*t, celebrities flock to some sort of media to deny/confirm rumors all the time. Reaching ..I wasn't one of the million people to cop his CD, but it's not hard to believe, he's done rock music, he's skateboarding ...since his last album he has opened his fan base a lot.
 6 years ago '04        #9
RAPSOURCE2003 10 heat pts10
space
space
$2,218 | Props total: 17 17
I smell another birdman ducktale. I think he bought atleast 300k, also carter 3 had lollipop which was a BIG hit. but this album, it had she will which was alright..

Last edited by RAPSOURCE2003; 09-07-2011 at 12:32 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #10
umeda 9 heat pts
space
space
space
$638 | Props total: 222 222
how many times people gonna use this rumor whent the carter 3 people said the same thing but thruthfully watch this throne sucked they should have called it whats this trash
 09-07-2011, 12:32 PM         #11
Haze_Reloaded 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The problem with you people is this,

if he denies it he is guilty as charged because he is defending himself

if he ignores it, he is still guilty because now he is ducking the accusations.

Please, Wayne won end of story.
 6 years ago '05        #13
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
Men lie, women lie, numbers lie, Birdman lies
 6 years ago '07        #14
Hunedz|M 38 heat pts38
space
space
$6,414 | Props total: 3 3
 Maze 112 said:
The problem with you people is this,

if he denies it he is guilty as charged because he is defending himself

if he ignores it, he is still guilty because now he is ducking the accusations.

What he said.
 6 years ago '11        #15
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
If he did buy CDs, he probably could write it off on his taxes as business expenses. Now I don't think Birdman bought albums, but if Tyga does 200K then I'm gonna be suspicious.
 6 years ago '08        #16
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,284 | Props total: 13659 13659
 09-07-2011, 12:42 PM         #17
Millerionaire87 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
In the words of Eminem "Wayne Is fu*kin Dope Mann" ... 3:21 mark

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '11        #18
King Henry 548 heat pts548
space
space
$43,970 | Props total: 9954 9954
Actual Conversation:

SWAY - "So how's life treating you."

BIRDMAN - ďI press and distribute CDs, ainít no need for me to buy em. Thatís hustling backwards, we ainít in it for that. I ainít ever been a part of that steam to be buying records. We donít do that homie. That donít go with what we do. We true about what we do, we real about what we do, we work hard every day at it. Thereís no such thing as me buying those CDs, I wouldnít even play it like that. I donít think thatís gangsta, nor fair ball, I ainít even in it for that.Ē

Guilty as charged
 09-07-2011, 12:43 PM         #19
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sandninja said:
innocent until proven guilty. Until then, if he ain't caught, then he played the game well. People want to be part of a trendy crowd, even if it wasn't to beat WTT, buying albums is strategic, it makes people perceive Lil wayne as still relevant and a hot topic even though he may not be. Makes alotta naysayers reconsider his current skills and perceive it as better. Also, it would probably make alotta people buy the album after seeing that so many people bought it.

But do know this, birdman DOES lose money if he did infact buy those albums, the money don't go back to him, cuz universal will cop their 30% so he'll basically be losing 30% of the money he put into carter 4
he make that 30% back easily just by having Wayne in the papers (900k albums sold will do that)
 09-07-2011, 12:45 PM         #20
Millerionaire87 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KingHenrythe2nd said:
Actual Conversation:

SWAY - "So how's life treating you."

BIRDMAN - ďI press and distribute CDs, ainít no need for me to buy em. Thatís hustling backwards, we ainít in it for that. I ainít ever been a part of that steam to be buying records. We donít do that homie. That donít go with what we do. We true about what we do, we real about what we do, we work hard every day at it. Thereís no such thing as me buying those CDs, I wouldnít even play it like that. I donít think thatís gangsta, nor fair ball, I ainít even in it for that.Ē

Guilty as charged
x 1,000,000
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
74 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
62 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
181 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
46 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
57 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
82 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
23 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
145 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy