Sep 6 - Obama to propose $300 billion jobs package on Thursday

most viewed right now
 127
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
55 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 67
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
306 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 62
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 50
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
85 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #121
whowantit 36 heat pts36
space
avatar space
space
$3,716 | Props total: 4749 4749
 RAZAH CUTS said:
some of you are fu*king warped...

he's trying something...that's usually what u have to do in order to find a solution.. unlike the GOP who is content to not help him and just sit back while we fu*king suffer and totally not work with him...

fu*k the republicans and fu*k you simple muthafu*kas that continually vote against your own interests b/c you're so stupid you're illiterate as fu*k when it comes to politics...
wow, you're cool.....please, tell us another story.
 6 years ago '05        #122
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$13,052 | Props total: 646 646
someone know where i can stream obamas speech?
 6 years ago '04        #123
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$13,933 | Props total: 414 414
 RAZAH CUTS said:
some of you are fu*king warped...

he's trying something...that's usually what u have to do in order to find a solution.. unlike the GOP who is content to not help him and just sit back while we fu*king suffer and totally not work with him...

fu*k the republicans and fu*k you simple muthafu*kas that continually vote against your own interests b/c you're so stupid you're illiterate as fu*k when it comes to politics...
He's trying something....great. But is he trying something different? No. If stimulus packages were such a great idea and totally worked, why do we continuously "need" them? They might cause a short term bump, but then things will fall back down again and they'll tell us it's time for another package to correct the evils done by wicked capitalism.

The Great Depression was damn near a decade, even with the all of the totally awesome New Deal polices coupled with a suspension of the gold standard in '33 and we're well into year 3 of this mess even with QE 1, QE2, ect....

In 1920 unemployment went from 4, to nearly 12 percent, while GNP fell by 17 percent. Warren Harding cut the budget almost in half between 1920 and 1922. In addition, tax rates were cut for all income groups and the national debt was reduced by one-third.

The Federal Reserve's was largely inactive, engaging in virtually no open market operations or stimulus, yet by the late summer of 1921, unemployment was back down to 6.7 percent and it was only 2.4 percent by 1923.

Why is the idea of significant spending and tax cuts so crazy to some of you when there's evidence of a time in history when it worked wonders? If we continue down the road we're on, even with this $300 billion, it's highly likely at some point QE3 will happen and the problem will persist.
 09-08-2011, 06:17 PM         #124
ahenson 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JBeezy said:
He's trying something....great. But is he trying something different? No. If stimulus packages were such a great idea and totally worked, why do we continuously "need" them? They might cause a short term bump, but then things will fall back down again and they'll tell us it's time for another package to correct the evils done by wicked capitalism.

The Great Depression was damn near a decade, even with the all of the totally awesome New Deal polices coupled with a suspension of the gold standard in '33 and we're well into year 3 of this mess even with QE 1, QE2, ect....

In 1920 unemployment went from 4, to nearly 12 percent, while GNP fell by 17 percent. Warren Harding cut the budget almost in half between 1920 and 1922. In addition, tax rates were cut for all income groups and the national debt was reduced by one-third.

The Federal Reserve's was largely inactive, engaging in virtually no open market operations or stimulus, yet by the late summer of 1921, unemployment was back down to 6.7 percent and it was only 2.4 percent by 1923.

Why is the idea of significant spending and tax cuts so crazy to some of you when there's evidence of a time in history when it worked wonders? If we continue down the road we're on, even with this $300 billion, it's highly likely at some point QE3 will happen and the problem will persist.
:agreement2:
 09-08-2011, 06:19 PM         #125
ahenson 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RAZAH CUTS said:
some of you are fu*king warped...

he's trying something...that's usually what u have to do in order to find a solution.. unlike the GOP who is content to not help him and just sit back while we fu*king suffer and totally not work with him...

fu*k the republicans and fu*k you simple muthafu*kas that continually vote against your own interests b/c you're so stupid you're illiterate as fu*k when it comes to politics...


WTF did you just say son..
 6 years ago '07        #126
Spoken210 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,670 | Props total: 0 0
 Deeangoe said:
someone know where i can stream obamas speech?
this. no cable here lol
 6 years ago '07        #127
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
avatar space
space
$55,234 | Props total: 20028 20028
its on NBC and im pretty sure huffpo is streaming it.
 6 years ago '07        #128
Spoken210 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,670 | Props total: 0 0
 Deeangoe said:
someone know where i can stream obamas speech?
right here found it
 6 years ago '09        #129
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 75 75
Why they clapping every second really annoying
 09-08-2011, 06:26 PM         #130
eyerocket05 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Spoken210 said:
this. no cable here lol
Its on every regular chennel
 09-08-2011, 06:39 PM         #131
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DIPSET101 said:
Obama grey as fu*k right now. But he can't really "create" jobs. No president can.
exactly. all they can do is try to make policies to entice businesses to hire people. Furthermore, congress has to approve everything his team puts out there.
 6 years ago '06        #132
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
avatar space
space
$40,559 | Props total: 18066 18066
oh god i dont graduate until 2013 nooooooooo
 6 years ago '04        #133
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
I just caught the last 3 minutes of his speech, and he really wasn't talking about sh*t from what I saw. What was he saying before then?
 6 years ago '05        #134
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$13,052 | Props total: 646 646


specifics of the speech for those who missed it
 6 years ago '08        #135
The N 469 heat pts469
space
avatar space
space
$45,582 | Props total: 17257 17257
basically this


[video - click to view]



Last edited by The N; 09-08-2011 at 07:59 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #136
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
avatar space
space
$55,234 | Props total: 20028 20028
 Andrefrbk said:
Tax cuts for corps to create jobs does not WORK... We tried this before many times. NEXT solution? Oh is that it?

This is why i didnt vote for obama... Im willing to give my nicca ron paul a shot. he will probably fuk up too. But atleast i can smoke some weed, and carry the steel through the ruins of NYC.

Companies will continue to pocket their tax break money and LOL at this black lip n*gga obama...

I hate white and black people... forreal.

ASIANS AND INDIANS TOO... STANK ROTTEN PUZZY BIITCHES.
Paul has no chance of winning the Presidency
 6 years ago '07        #137
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
avatar space
space
$55,234 | Props total: 20028 20028
How is Obama trying to help rich people? and Paul is ok, but he believes the free market can govern its self, and doesn't believe in regulation. Regulation is good for things like food, air, water airplanes etc. Paul wont even get the nomination from his party. Its gonna be Romney or Perry. I personally think Perry, and if its them I believe Obama will wrap up a victory. Perry is an idiot.


Last edited by Ham Rove; 09-08-2011 at 08:39 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #138
BMore All Day 
space
avatar space
space
$124 | Props total: 1 1
I understand the the frustration with where the economy is right now and minorities (mainly black and hispanic) have been hit disproportionately harder than other races in this downturn. But, let's not forget that this problem has been building for at least the last decade. Did you really think that one man was going to be able to fix these DEEP structural problerms with the U.S economy in one term? Also, for all of you that are frustrated with Obama, do you REALLY think that the current field of republicans would be able to turn this economy around? Did you watch the debate on Wednesday? Let's be real here. The practical, reality based side of the republican party is disappearing. Now, by no means am I enamoured with Obama so far, but in my eyes, he is the lesser of two evils.
 6 years ago '07        #139
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
avatar space
space
$55,234 | Props total: 20028 20028
Exactly, if Perry, Romney or god forbid Bachmann wins, this country is in for some serious changes for the worse.
 6 years ago '04        #140
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$13,933 | Props total: 414 414
 minimafia_aj said:
How is Obama trying to help rich people? and Paul is ok, but he believes the free market can govern its self, and doesn't believe in regulation. Regulation is good for things like food, air, water airplanes etc. Paul wont even get the nomination from his party. Its gonna be Romney or Perry. I personally think Perry, and if its them I believe Obama will wrap up a victory. Perry is an idiot.
He may not be trying to help rich people directly, but in his and Congress' attempt to help the poor, they're making it worse. The massive spending is financed largely by the Fed. How do poor people benefit by brand new money landing in the hands of the bank and corporate interests first, being used up before it gets to the people who actually need it? The poor are left with the same amount of dollars they had before, while being forced to deal with higher prices. Education and healthcare are less affordable now than they ever have been, so how are ask no questions federal student loans and massive government expenditure on healthcare helping the poor?

All of the easy credit created by the Fed artificially drives interest rates down and sends false signals to the market. Those low rates cause malinvestment from entrepreneurs and businesses because they see those low rates as incentive to undertake projects/ventures that now seem more profitable. The problem with that is the consumer hasn't signaled they're going to alter their spending in favor of future consumption (by increasing their savings). In short, there's a disconnect between future consumer demand and business ventures as they are completed, resulting in failed projects, layoffs, higher unemployement, ect....Those "idle resources" are created by the very thing (stimulus) that's continuously being implemented to try and get them going again.

You wanna talk regulation? Okay, let's regulate the hell out of the Fed.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 62
Steph Kegels
111 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 50
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 48
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
117 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 41
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 34
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
74 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 34
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
36 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 23
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 18
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
65 comments
2 days ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy