Let's compare Jay-Z & Lil Wayne's Hip Hop accomplishments at 28 years old. :)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
101 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
92 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
110 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #61
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
I think Jay-Z said it best, "My DNA is in your music, mothafu*ker are you stupid?" Jay-Z paved the way for Lil Wayne. Lil Wayne idolizes Jay. He heard Jay didn't write his lyrics, and he stopped writing his lyrics. He even tried to emulate the cover shoot of his Carter albums off the Life and Times of S. Carter albums. "The best rapper alive, since the best rapper retired" Is Wayne better than Jay-Z? Hell no. Does Wayne appeal to a wider audience? Yes. This is a stupid comparison. You have to look at the whole body of work and no just a single time period. That's like saying Bow Wow is a better rapper b/c he sold more when was 15 than everybody else at that age.
 6 years ago '11        #62
Da Truth23 91 heat pts91
space
space
$5,065 | Props total: 2550 2550
Just wait til Earl come back its over...... FreeEarl
 6 years ago '09        #63
Fatboy209 
space
space
$228 | Props total: 27 27
#thingsbetterthentheCaterIV Stepping on dog sh!t
 09-06-2011, 11:10 PM         #64
GOD999  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
but forreal tho, back in 2001, who would've thought that Wayne would become big as he is? But it did take Wayne hella yrs to get to where he at now since he was in it since young buck.

I mean when the Hot Boyz came to prominance, Wayne back then was in the back of the burner with Turk as far as popularity went. Yea he went plat and gold b4 Tha whole Carter era began but no one was fu*kin with him like that til that album dropped. Tha Carter III sales (3X Plat) for example. I mean Wayne NOW is carrying the Cash Money torch, but alotta of his fanbase now prolly hasn't even gone back on 500 Degreez, Lights Out or even Tha Block Is Hot. sh*t let alone, prolly don't even remember when B.G. and Juvy was holdin the torch for the label 98-99
 09-06-2011, 11:14 PM         #65
Karamu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Str8Evo3Racer said:
wanna see the CARTER 4 #s again
wanna see The Massacre #s

wanna see Before I Self Destruct #s
[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #66
goldgrill910 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,837 | Props total: 105 105
wayne isn't better lyrically than jay and doesn't/hasn't/won't ever touch jay musically in anyway.
you young n*ggas are more concerned with the etc. sh*t than the actual music these days.
 6 years ago '05        #67
goldgrill910 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,837 | Props total: 105 105
and to add, at the end of the day wayne is a fu*king employee. he's not a boss of sh*t.
 6 years ago '09        #68
quentyburga725 55 heat pts55
space
space
$8,481 | Props total: 2341 2341

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '11        #69
Da Truth23 91 heat pts91
space
space
$5,065 | Props total: 2550 2550
 goldgrill910 said:
wayne isn't better lyrically than jay and doesn't/hasn't/won't ever touch jay musically in anyway.
you young n*ggas are more concerned with the etc. sh*t than the actual music these days.
well my sig says it all but i can give 2 fu!!! about $ales#, my brother had me grow up to Jay sh!! so im kinda like that young nicca who like the lyrical part of music than the beat itself

Ima have to go to school tomorrow and argue about these f*ggots about Boosie and Wayne being better than Jay..... and they non evidence devil worshipper theories.... i mean does that really matter though...... They music need to have BASS in it.

But im saying that Kendrick Lamar...... that nicca is like the Tupac of the 2010>'s era
 6 years ago '07        #70
Pos 90 heat pts90
space
space
$9,614 | Props total: 5469 5469

[video - click to view]

09-06-2011, 11:25 PM         #71
Karamu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Str8Evo3Racer said:
wanna see if he still relevant?
thats the point of my post dumbfu*k

50 sold a milli and he isn't even relevant 2 albums later
 09-06-2011, 11:27 PM         #72
Illstreet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Retarded Thread...

And get back to me when Wayne is 40 and people are still checking for that played out schtick.
 6 years ago '11        #73
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
 Da Truth23 said:
well my sig says it all but i can give 2 fu!!! about $ales#, my brother had me grow up to Jay sh!! so im kinda like that young nicca who like the lyrical part of music than the beat itself

Ima have to go to school tomorrow and argue about these f*ggots about Boosie and Wayne being better than Jay..... and they non evidence devil worshipper theories.... i mean does that really matter though...... They music need to have BASS in it.

But im saying that Kendrick Lamar...... that nicca is like the Tupac of the 2010>'s era
I feel your pain homie. I was going through the same sh*t in high school a couple months ago, glad I graduated in June. Its shameful how many n*ggas I heard saying Boosie & Wayne were the best on a daily basis
 6 years ago '09        #74
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,411 | Props total: 12352 12352
The crazy thing is the majority of Jay Z fans only think Reasonable Doubt is a classic because Jay dropped the line Reasonable Doubt/classic shoulda went triple. No doubt the album was nice but I had every n*gga from that day forth screaming some reasonable doubt sh*t like I wasn't trying to tell them about Reasonable Doubt when the sh*t came out.

I'm a Jay Z fan but way too many n*ggas try to argue for him using the sh*t he told them on his albums and not based off their own opinions or research.
 09-07-2011, 02:17 AM         #75
Hurricane24  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fly 2ndComing said:
The crazy thing is the majority of Jay Z fans only think Reasonable Doubt is a classic because Jay dropped the line Reasonable Doubt/classic shoulda went triple. No doubt the album was nice but I had every n*gga from that day forth screaming some reasonable doubt sh*t like I wasn't trying to tell them about Reasonable Doubt when the sh*t came out.

I'm a Jay Z fan but way too many n*ggas try to argue for him using the sh*t he told them on his albums and not based off their own opinions or research.
no u dumb fu*k, people think it is a classic cus it is...
d'evils, can i live, cant knock the hustle, brooklyn's finest, dead presidents.... the whole fu*king album? what song sucks on that album? and who cares when people start to like an album? even if u have to go back to hear it, if u like it then u like it and if u go back now and listen to that album from 96 and they think its dope then that obviously supports the timelessness of it making it a "classic"
 6 years ago '07        #76
Repressed 
space
space
$3,255 | Props total: 1196 1196
Thought Carter 2 was arguably a classic album? Yall not gonna give Wayne that? Be fair n*ggas.
 09-07-2011, 12:51 PM         #77
SeaJaiye  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lmao at wayne not being real hip hop. why does jay/nas/krs/3k/eminem/any other respected hip hop legend ALWAYS give props to wayne? he can rap his a.ss off and i don't see how you white internet a.ss n*ggas have more weight when judging him than these hip hop legends
 09-07-2011, 01:03 PM         #78
SeaJaiye  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mr Crackee said:
wait till wayne 40..

then lets discuss
jay's rappin about the same stuff on WTT that he did on reasonable doubt............so i don't see why wayne can't have success that late in his career
 09-07-2011, 01:09 PM         #79
Haze_Reloaded  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jay>Wayne has an artist.

But let's not ignore Wayne's success. For that, I applaud him.
 09-07-2011, 01:11 PM         #80
Dos-effect  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So your comparing n*ggas by age now? Jay was what 26 when he came in the game, wayne was what truthfully 14? Are you serious?
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
24 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
284 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
78 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
121 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
52 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
88 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
63 comments
20 hours ago