Breaking Bad Is the Most Overrated Show on TV Right Now

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
68 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
17 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
75 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #121
case sensitive 
space
space
$3,607 | Props total: 321 321

[pic - click to view]

09-07-2011, 07:54 AM         #122
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 unwittyname2002 said:
I've been watching Breaking Bad since season 1, episode 1 and think it's a fairly great show. But I think it has regressed since the first two seasons and I'd have to agree with the threadstarter that it's an overrated show. And I only say this because of how many times while the third and fourth seasons have been airing I've heard or read people say that it's "the best show on tv" or "the greatest show ever", or that Walter White or Gus Fring are the greatest characters on a TV show ever. Breaking Bad is a good show and it does what it does well, but if you've ever watched The Sopranos, or The Wire, or Mad Men and think that Breaking Bad is better than any (much less, all) of those shows, then I can't take your opinion seriously. Season three was really frustrating for me with the contrivances and shortcuts the writers took to heighten the drama. I've never seen such sloppy writing as I saw in the third season of Breaking Bad on any of the seasons of the three hour-long dramas I think are unquestionably superior to it (save maaaaybe the fifth season of The Wire with the serial k!ller stuff). My major qualm with season four is that I feel it's just one big d!cktease that will culminate in Gus being k!lled in the finale (or an attempt will go wrong and Jesse will be k!lled (or in more Breaking Bad fashion... a season-ending cliffhanger will leave their fates hanging in the balance)). This whole season just feels like an unnecessary stringing out of 12 or 13 episodes to k!ll off a guy (Gus) that's not even central to the show (Walt and Jesse are the heart of this show) and has only been on one previous season.
Ill give you Sopranos/The Wire those are actually the two best dramas ever imo, but Mad Men? Sure its well acted but that show is basically a historical soap opera. Its well done but for you to act like Mad Men is undeniably better than Breaking Bad is silly. Different styles of show, but you are stating that like its fact I happen to think Mad Men is very overrated considering all the award noms.

And Season 3 was pure genius, I really don't see your point there at all.

Last edited by Bob Sacamano; 09-07-2011 at 07:58 AM..
 6 years ago '08        #123
Gmengfx 75 heat pts75
space
space
$12,652 | Props total: 1220 1220
i must say..true blood stepped their game up crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy this year

i use to just be like..eghhh about it..still watching it but it was w/e

but this year was one of my fav seasons of any show all time..sh*t was insaneeee this year
 6 years ago '11        #124
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 DudeFromDaCrib said:
Homeboy u fu*kin trippin. BB is the sh*t. I watch all Dexters seasons. Good but not as well put together as BB. BB has its own swag. Its gangsta as fu*k. Definitely not predictable. It seems like u just tryin to be different and get attention by hatin on it a lil bit. The show goes hard. Im a critical dude and damn near watches everything movies & tv and i am telling u that this show is the sh*t. Thats y it won those Emmys last season, so......
1 - Did I say the show was bad? No.

2 - Dexter isn't well put together like BB? What? lol dude BB is one of the sloppiest shows on TV. The plot schemes are all over the place these last 2 seasons. The writers got lazy in the middle and ending of season 3 as well as the beginning of season 4. At least Dexter is consistent.

3 - If you've watched all 3 seasons as closely as you say you have I don't understand how you can't predict what's gonna happen. That is unless you're not as observant as a few of us are in this thread...

4 - lol Why does everybody keep bringin up the word attention? Like I said before I didn't ask any of you to even notice this thread let alone come in here & give me your 2 cents.

5 - You just wasted an entire post because you inadvertently agreed with me. I never said the show was bad. I said it was overrated. NOT the same thing...
 6 years ago '05        #125
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,884 | Props total: 8408 8408
at the end of the day you thinking breaking bad is overrated, i mean its not like anything you are saying is factual, so im not going to arguing with your opinion

and you still have it as the best show on tv so it is what it is
 6 years ago '09        #126
WasabiTuna 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,503 | Props total: 7306 7306
This guy and his vague responses. Says bb is sloppy doesn't give examples. Also says it predictable but then mentions Dexter smh.
 6 years ago '05        #127
space
space
 DudeFromDaCrib said:
Homeboy u fu*kin trippin. BB is the sh*t. I watch all Dexters seasons. Good but not as well put together as BB. BB has its own swag. Its gangsta as fu*k. Definitely not predictable. It seems like u just tryin to be different and get attention by hatin on it a lil bit. The show goes hard. Im a critical dude and damn near watches everything movies & tv and i am telling u that this show is the sh*t. Thats y it won those Emmys last season, so......
yeah i feel you. dexter fell of and its my no. 2 favorite show of all time (BB booted out the no. 1 spot)

last season had me like you guys can do better than this, i hope they step it back up this season though and it looks like they will
 6 years ago '05        #128
space
space
 WasabiTuna said:
This guy and his vague responses. Says bb is sloppy doesn't give examples. Also says it predictable but then mentions Dexter smh.
i kind of stopped paying him no mind when he said the writers got lazy at the end of season 3, that comment had me like how?
 6 years ago '11        #129
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
at the end of the day you thinking breaking bad is overrated, i mean its not like anything you are saying is factual, so im not going to arguing with your opinion

and you still have it as the best show on tv so it is what it is
At least you're level headed about it. Everybody keeps jumpin all on mah case like I'm forcing mah opinions down your throats. I said what I had to say, it's not like I'm in every BB thread talkin about how overrated it is...

WasabiTuna said:
Ah you finally break your silence. You've been on lurk mode in this thread the entire time so you already know what I have to say about "vague" sh*t. Reread what you read before & get back to me...
 6 years ago '11        #130
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
i kind of stopped paying him no mind when he said the writers got lazy at the end of season 3, that comment had me like how?
During the first 3 seasons Walt got picked up out of his drive way I wanna say 4 times total. May be less than that, I'm not sure. That's not a new element.

Them being in a position where they're helpless is just a copy of their situation with Tuco.

Recurring theme, I know I'm not the only one that sees it...
 6 years ago '11        #131
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
I give you give you specifics and now you're quiet again. Typical...
 6 years ago '09        #132
WasabiTuna 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,503 | Props total: 7306 7306
 Fade said:
During the first 3 seasons Walt got picked up out of his drive way I wanna say 4 times total. May be less than that, I'm not sure. That's not a new element.

Them being in a position where they're helpless is just a copy of their situation with Tuco.

Recurring theme, I know I'm not the only one that sees it...
But you mention Dexter which us basically the same thing every season. Season 2 and 5 of Dexter are basically the same.

And it's breaking bad of course walt is in a helpless situation. It's the hard drug trade and walt is out of his element...one The fu*king themes of the show.

And FYI I'm not lurking this was just left open on my iPad.
 6 years ago '11        #133
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
 WasabiTuna said:
But you mention Dexter which us basically the same thing every season. Season 2 and 5 of Dexter are basically the same.

And it's breaking bad of course walt is in a helpless situation. It's the hard drug trade and walt is out of his element...one The fu*king themes of the show.
...How many times do I have to reiterate that Dexter is overrated too? Jesus yall can't read. What about the other 3 seasons you didn't mention? That's why Dexter>>>BB.

That's not a justifiable excuse. Twist the sh*t a little, put walt in a different position rather than being couped up in some area with Jesse waitin to see if their lives are gonna end or not. The show has no versatility in this aspect. It's the same thing over and over...
 6 years ago '05        #134
space
space
 Fade said:
I give you give you specifics and now you're quiet again. Typical...
i said i wasnt going to argue with your opinion
 6 years ago '11        #135
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
i said i wasnt going to argue with your opinion
Not you bruh
 09-07-2011, 10:40 AM         #136
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Y'all still feeding the clown this early in the morning?
 6 years ago '11        #137
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
You still postin in this thread after I shut you up twice?
 09-07-2011, 10:43 AM         #138
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fade said:
You still postin in this thread after I shut you up twice?
you still lying to yourself, son? You tried to use reserve psychology after i torn you a part.
 6 years ago '11        #139
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
Aaaaand you're still here. Time to put you on ignore so you can finally shut the fu*k up
 6 years ago '11        #140
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
inb4youlameforignorinsomebodyontheinternet. #hemad
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
81 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
72 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
82 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
32 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy