Breaking Bad Is the Most Overrated Show on TV Right Now

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
82 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
14 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
209 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #21
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 matelyan said:
Breaking Bad is the greatest television show ever. And by ending it on its 5th season will only solidify my belief.
Its my favorite drama right now but come on son statements like this cause ppl to call it overrated.

youknowmystelo said:
And that's only because the fall seasons haven't started yet. Is it the best show on TV period like almost everybody says it is? NO.

Geez, are you stupid? Inbred right from the hip hop section.

Do you know what one-dimensional means? If you did you'll know why its a huge fallacy. Then you praise an "overrated" show by calling it the best on television at the moment. And your argument is once Dexter or Walking Dead starts it won't be? Are you that dense?

Point of the story is. Come correct and follow through your criticism with valid arguments. You'll save the courtesy of getting laughed at.
contradictions everywhere... if you're going to start a thread TS, you might want to think about your argument more, just saying.
 6 years ago '11        #22
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 Reppindaburghh said:
This guy just suggested The Walking Dead is better then Breaking Bad.

Ironically enough, The Walking Dead is better then Dexter, though.

Yet another person who doesn't know how to use the word irony.

TWD is better than BB. Not Dexter though. If you've seen all 5 seasons you should know better...

youknowmystelo said:
Your argument is all based on subjective instead of saying anything that is valid or has a point. What the hell kind of criticism is overrated because Dexter and Walking Dead aren't running right now!

Then the one-dimensional characters statement. Are you kidding me?
*sighs* Oh my god. Both of those shows>>>BB. If BB airs while those 2 shows do, BB ceases to be the best show on TV. Do you not understand the logical process from a to b?

Finally you ask for something specific. I said character development was GOOD (somebody can't read) but for some of the characters they are 1 dimensional:

1 - Jesse. Nothing's changed since the first season about him. His hype head friends and he are still the same way they were the last 2 seasons. They tried to mix in rehab and have him k!ll someone but Jesse is still the same person he was before.

2 - Hank. Hank has a lot of baggage around him but he's remained the same person he was before too. He talks himself up to be all badass and then he goes to Laredo and can't take it. So he starts takin it out on everybody else around him. He beats up Jesse, then gets shot. Then he's in the hospital with this "oh woe is me" attitude yet again. De. Ja. Vu.

3 - Skylar. My least favorite character on this show. She's had the same attitude throughout all 3 seasons as well. Tell me something different about her now than how she was before. You can't.
 09-06-2011, 03:48 PM         #23
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dictionary
Search Results

one-di·men·sion·al

adjective 
Having or relating to a single dimension
- one-dimensional curves

Lacking depth; superficial
- the supporting roles are alarmingly one-dimensional creations

Dictionary
Search Results

two-di·men·sion·al

adjective 
Having or appearing to have length and breadth but no depth

Lacking depth or substance; superficial
- a nether world of two-dimensional heroes and villains

Dictionary
Search Results

three-di·men·sion·al

adjective 
Having or appearing to have length, breadth, and depth
- a three-dimensional object

(of a literary or dramatic work) Sufficiently full in characterization and representation of events to be believable
 09-06-2011, 03:49 PM         #24
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fade said:
I watched all 3 seasons closely and none of them were anything special.
You don't think the Pilot was anything special? You don't think the last two episodes of season 3 were "anything special"? How can you think that? The end of season 3 blew my fu*kin mind it was the most intense, provocative, bad a.ss couple episodes of a show ive ever seen.
 09-06-2011, 03:49 PM         #25
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"Irony"

In my case.

A state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result
 6 years ago '08        #26
El Fuerte 
space
space
$3,900 | Props total: 1699 1699
OP, no one gives a fu*k what you think
 6 years ago '11        #27
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:
Geez, are you stupid? Inbred right from the hip hop section.

Do you know what one-dimensional means? If you did you'll know why its a huge fallacy. Then you praise an "overrated" show by calling it the best on television at the moment. And your argument is once Dexter or Walking Dead starts it won't be? Are you that dense?

Point of the story is. Come correct and follow through your criticism with valid arguments. You'll save the courtesy of getting laughed at.
Real nice comeback chief, real nice :lachen001:

Read my last post so you can shut the fu*k up about 1 dimensional characters already. How come a show can't be good and overrated at the same time? A show can be good but when everybody calls it great THAT makes it overrated. lol yeah I'm the stupid one...

The best comeback for what I said is "are you that dense"? *Yawns*

You can laugh all you want. Couldn't care less. But when you're wrong for laughing in the first place it gets you laughed at...lol...
 6 years ago '11        #28
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
 Bob Sacamano said:
You don't think the Pilot was anything special? You don't think the last two episodes of season 3 were "anything special"? How can you think that? The end of season 3 blew my fu*kin mind it was the most intense, provocative, bad a.ss couple episodes of a show ive ever seen.
Not really. The pilot was interesting but nothing that blew my mind. I guess I'm supposed to be more appalled at the fact that he's a school teacher & he works at a car wash, seeming like he's the last person you'd expect to do this type of stuff. But nothin surprises me anymore.

The last 3 episodes of season 3 aren't as provocative as the entire 4th season of Dexter. That's why I'm not as hyped over it

El Fuerte said:
OP, no one gives a fu*k what you think
Yet you're in this thread...
 6 years ago '07        #29
Ham Rove 3510 heat pts3510
space
space
$55,185 | Props total: 19735 19735
this kid getting sh*t on lol.

and Breaking Bad>>>the 6 episodes of the walking dead. you lost any sliver of credibility when you said that dumb sh*t.
 6 years ago '07        #30
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Fade said:
[B]Not really. The pilot was interesting but nothing that blew my mind. I guess I'm supposed to be more appalled at the fact that he's a school teacher & he works at a car wash, seeming like he's the last person you'd expect to do this type of stuff. But nothin surprises me anymore.

The last 3 episodes of season 3 aren't as provocative as the entire 4th season of Dexter. That's why I'm not as hyped over it

Yet you're in this thread...
Dexter season 2 >>> 4

(the only great seasons btw)
 6 years ago '05        #31
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7081 7081
 Fade said:
Yet another person who doesn't know how to use the word irony.

TWD is better than BB. Not Dexter though. If you've seen all 5 seasons you should know better...

[/B]
 6 years ago '11        #32
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
 minimafia_aj said:
this kid getting sh*t on lol.

and Breaking Bad>>>the 6 episodes of the walking dead. you lost any sliver of credibility when you said that dumb sh*t.
Of course I am :rolleyes:

I never said mah word was gospel. Don't give a fu*k if I don't have enough credibility to change your mind, that's not the point of the thread...

Sticks said:
On the review aggregator website Metacritic, the first season scored 74/100, the second season scored 85/100, the third season scored 89/100 and the fourth season scored 96/100, receiving the status of "universal acclaim."

It's getting better
Never said it was a bad show

TH35 said:
Dexter season 2 >>> 4

(the only great seasons btw)
Season 1 was great too. Gettin introduced to a character like him and the way they twisted the plot was genius.

That's a good comparison though but I'll take 4 over 2 just slightly...
 6 years ago '07        #33
Ham Rove 3510 heat pts3510
space
space
$55,185 | Props total: 19735 19735
 Fade said:

I never said mah word was gospel. Don't give a fu*k if I don't have enough credibility to change your mind, that's not the point of the thread...

Season 1 was great too. Gettin introduced to a character like him and the way they twisted the plot was genius.

if you don't give a fu*k, why did you make a thread?
 6 years ago '11        #34
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
 minimafia_aj said:
if you don't give a fu*k, why did you make a thread?
To state mah point, not to get you to agree with it. Duh...
 6 years ago '07        #35
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Fade said:

It was a book so it wasn't original in the first place so like your BB comparison it didn't surprise me and I wasn't blown away. The only reason why I'd say 4 was truly great is because of his adversary. Season 2 he was more vulnerable by far, since he was the one being hunted. He was in season 4 too but it was one person doing all of it.
 6 years ago '11        #36
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
 TH35 said:
It was a book so it wasn't original in the first place so like your BB comparison it didn't surprise me and I wasn't blown away. The only reason why I'd say 4 was truly great is because of his adversary. Season 2 he was more vulnerable by far, since he was the one being hunted. He was in season 4 too but it was one person doing all of it.
I wasn't aware of the book at the time so it was original to me. His character didn't blow my mind, the plot twists did. When he found out what he did that was the first time in a long time that I was surprised by something on TV.

And agreed, his adversary is the very reason I take 4 over 2. Dude was absolutely cunning...
 09-06-2011, 04:29 PM         #37
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I prefer season two with Lila (only paled honey in Miami) and Doakes. You can't beat that.

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #38
Grown Man Ish 97 heat pts97
space
space
space
$14,105 | Props total: 234 234
 Bleezy said:

[pic - click to view]

holy sh*t i want that book......
 6 years ago '09        #39
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,404 | Props total: 12338 12338
Please tell me this is a troll thread, I dont want to waste my time on watching all these damn episodes fro the beginning this week if he's right.

Everybody said this sh*t is legit, if it isnt please let me know.
 6 years ago '07        #40
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Please tell me this is a troll thread, I dont want to waste my time on watching all these damn episodes fro the beginning this week if he's right.

Everybody said this sh*t is legit, if it isnt please let me know.
Overrated doesn't mean bad. Dexter is super overrated if Breaking Bad is . Some ppl think the Wire and the Shield are overrated.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
48 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
23 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
101 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy