Official Boardwalk Empire Season 2 Thread

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
118 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
70 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #161
JayThunder 
space
space
$1,984 | Props total: 80 80
 lostkauze said:
Seriously that scene they had where they was like goon recognize goon was dope
desperado sh*t ..
 6 years ago '04        #162
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,414 | Props total: 6441 6441
 KeepinItTrill said:
"I don't take orders from no fu*kin patty"

"of course you don't this is America -headbutts-"

that whole scene was some g sh!t
 6 years ago '04        #163
bradleyb87 
space
space
$2,130 | Props total: 559 559
The restaurant scene >

When Jimmy got in Nuck's face I was like

I hate that Nucky's about to have to get gully on Jimmy tho. Y'all supposed to still be on y'alls "father-son" sh*t
 6 years ago '07        #164
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,224 | Props total: 19982 19982
Nuck threw his lobster on the ground and told jimmy off lol. then proceeded to tell him how his father picked his wh0ore(Jimmys mom) by just pointing at her without using her name. Then he told them to enjoy their dinner
Nucky>>
 6 years ago '09        #165
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,080 | Props total: 8850 8850
I see some new Boardwalk Empire fans, I don't remember none of you on Boardwalk Empire Season 1 thread.
Boardwalk Emipre Season 2 is incredible so far.
 6 years ago '10        #166
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,426 | Props total: 2380 2380
 Marccoogs19 said:
I'm mad confused with Margarets Aristotle. Who were those women who's picture she was looking at. Who did she call, & why did she start crying in her room. And what was up with her on the ending.
yea me too i didnt get any of that sh*t. so was that her family or not? and who was chick that they said died 12 years ago??
 10-10-2011, 11:18 AM         #167
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think she faked her death to leave ireland....but if she was a k!ller why did she take the abuse from her husband all that time and was shooked when she found out nucky was a criminal
 6 years ago '10        #168
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,426 | Props total: 2380 2380
 lostkauze said:
Im thinking maybe she took her identity to get into the US for some reason
yea thats what im thinking... and lmfao at nelson this guy is to funny he needs to be in every epsoide takes L's left and right.
 6 years ago '07        #169
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
 ash1990 said:
I see some new Boardwalk Empire fans, I don't remember none of you on Boardwalk Empire Season 1 thread.
Boardwalk Emipre Season 2 is incredible so far.
you're so cool for being one of the originals
 6 years ago '04        #170
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,077 | Props total: 4424 4424
 lostkauze said:
Maybe she was a criminal of some sort (she is kind of a G right now) and was on the run and the only way to get outta Ireland was to a.ssume a new identity
If she was a g there's no way she would have been getting her a.ss beat like that by her husband in season 1 or are we supposed to just forge that
 6 years ago '07        #171
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
 MosDefinition said:
If she was a g there's no way she would have been getting her a.ss beat like that by her husband in season 1 or are we supposed to just forge that
she is being a g in her own right though..stealing nuckys books under the cops noses...drinking when she was opposed to it a season ago
 10-10-2011, 03:14 PM         #172
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pistol Peter said:
she is being a g in her own right though..stealing nuckys books under the cops noses...drinking when she was opposed to it a season ago
The lifestyle is getting to her, either she is enticed by it or overwhelmed.
 6 years ago '09        #173
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
she didn't fake her death.

to me it was crystal clear that her family disowned her when she left so much that they consider her dead.

i mean if she faked her death why would she cry when she finds out that "she" is "dead".
 10-10-2011, 06:41 PM         #174
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The realization -- hey, it is him, there in the back of the scene -- that Dominic Chianese, known to all as Uncle Junior, has a recurring role on "Boardwalk Empire" as a member of the Commodore's posse leaves me with a sinking feeling. As smart and cool as "Boardwalk Empire" is, the parallels to "The Sopranos" already are too obvious, and the last thing it needs is to bring back a familiar face, slather it in makeup, and let him try, just try, to steal a scene from Dabney Coleman. "This is our thing," Tony used to tell Silvio and the boys in "The Sopranos." Yeah, and your thing was a contemporary show about tortured members of the New Jersey mob, not a period show about the New Jersey mob. See the difference?

[pic - click to view]

It's getting a little harder, what with Lucy moping around nud3, smoking and drinking (while pregnant! What a 1920s detail!) like one of Tony's pouty mistresses. Once Nucky left her high and dry, she ran to the arms of a government employee, kind of like Irina did in the fourth season of "The Sopranos." That comparison might seem obscure and a little bit of stretch, but nobody can fail to notice how Nucky (played by Sopranos veteran Steve Buscemi) is a brooding boss constantly f!ghting off his enemies, a Tony Soprano of the Jazz Age. Lucy tells Van Alden, in one of her many, many unhappy moments, that at least Nucky was fun. Compared to Tony Soprano? No way. Tony could do a mean W.C. Fields impersonation, and loved to grill for his friends.

None of this would matter if "Boardwalk Empire" was clicking, but three episodes into its second season, it's spending way too much time on exposition and rotating its characters through short scenes. "The Sopranos" did the same thing, as "Boardwalk Empire" boss Terrence Winter knows better than anyone, but at its core it always came back to Tony and Dr. Melfi in analysis, the way "Breaking Bad" comes back to Walt and Jesse cooking meth and "Mad Men" comes back to Don Draper and his search for identity. When those shows go too far away from their core, they stray, and viewers start thinking about how Michael K. Williams, not Buscemi, is the coolest character on "Boardwalk Empire." Of course, Williams was the coolest character on "The Wire," but he could get away with it because that was the rare show, the exception that proves the rule, that was more about theme -- both sides of the law in urban America -- than core scene. The core changed on "The Wire," from the street corner to the union dock to the classroom and the newsroom, and did it brilliantly. What is the core of "Boardwalk Empire"? Nucky on the boardwalk? Family and society forming in 1920s Atlantic City? That was the theme, with a change in time and place, of "Deadwood," but it had the dueling saloons at its core.

Family and loyalty is surely what episode three of "Boardwalk Empire" is all about. It opens with Van Alden looking across at a happy family. Lucy comes in, her stomach sticking out farther than her lower lip, and starts complaining. She's languid and grumpy, like a cat about to have six kittens, and he has no time for her. Eddie Cantor, another of the historical figures "Boardwalk Empire" does so well, drops by later and gets her all hepped up for show biz. If only she didn't have this baby ...

Back at Nucky Manor, Margaret looks like Julie Andrews on a good hair day. She's taking charge of everything and loosening the boundaries between herself and the maids, a violation of Upstairs Downstairs 101 that's sure to come back on her. She's got the Pinkertons on the trail of her Irish relatives, and there's more to come there, like more new characters, no doubt.

Capone comes to visit Nucky, bringing a fat envelope and bad news. Stephen Graham, the English actor who plays Capone, has the same crazy gangster vibe he did as Baby Face Nelson in "Public Enemies," and has a k!ller scene later in this episode at Jimmy's beachside place, speaking Italian and calling Richard Harrow "Frankenstein."

Ah, Jimmy. So young, so conflicted. He wants to be king of the boardwalk, like his pop the Commodore was and his sorta-pop Nucky is now. When Nucky sees Jimmy and the Commodore yucking it up over lobster with the governor, while Nucky's stuck with the mayor, Jimmy is torn and broods about it later, which means somebody's going to get hurt.

And didn't that scene where Nucky flipped the lobster look like something Tony Soprano would do?

PS: Those season one DVDs you've been waiting for? Keep waiting, until Jan. 10, 2012. Interesting business move by HBO. Get them on their website, now that video stores are gone.

6 years ago '09        #175
Ricky Towel 128 heat pts128
space
space
$15,415 | Props total: 409 409
 WalterWhite said:
Why do you think she was disowned? I guess it would make sense why she got so bitter when the maid asked. I was getting the feeling she left her family to live the American dream.
because she left.

remember her talking to the maids about if they were born in ireland they'd want to leave to, and they'd be better off for it or something like that.

like she was trying to convince herself she made the right choice.

hah at no point did i even contemplate the idea of her faking her own death because she was a "g".

thats just silly.
 6 years ago '04        #176
T-Styles 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,182 | Props total: 0 0
when Nucky suggested calling her siblings, she said they didnt part on the best of terms.
 6 years ago '05        #177
trackmanxs 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,470 | Props total: 139 139
i'm glad nucky got some new muscle. jimmy is that dude, he wanna be a boss but keep taking orders. irish dude bout to shake up atlantic city.
 6 years ago '09        #178
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,235 | Props total: 19340 19340
hope Jimmy wins i don't even like Nucky like that
 6 years ago '05        #179
Suavebeatz 32 heat pts32
space
space
$10,342 | Props total: 14142 14142
It's weird but whenever there is a scene with Jimmy and his mom I always expect them to have s3x, they got a creepy incestuous vibe going on, sh*t make me uncomfortable
 6 years ago '05        #180
ThaNostalgic1 
space
space
$1,474 | Props total: 0 0

[video - click to view]

After watching the 3rd episode, I dont understand:

1. Why Jimmy's mom all cozy with the commodore now (she has something under her sleeve)
2. Why wouldnt the Half-faced soldier actually shoot/kill Nucky
3. Why is Van Alden paying that guy for info on Nucky (for being so righteous this dude does nothing but immoral stuff)
4. Why did Al Capone look at Jimmy like that when Jimmy was tying the kids shoes (maybe its because Capone's son is deaf)
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
98 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
51 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy