Official Boardwalk Empire Season 2 Thread

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
64 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #121
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,466 | Props total: 7111 7111
 minimafia_aj said:
Fringe is prob gonna get canned ratings dont look so hot.
It got the shaft when it got moved to Friday nights, but I expect them to give it this entire season to wrap things up. Which is 20 more episodes or so, which is just fine for me if they wrap it up properly. Anna Torv (The main character) is the president of Fox's neice, and this is the role that will pave the way for her future, I SERIOUSLY doubt he'd allow them to cut them short this season, unless the ratings PLUMMET (Which they won't, because while Fringe doesn't have a HUGE audience, the audience it does have is very loyal). And honestly, seeing as last Fridays episode was one of the better episodes of the series, if they keep it up and the ratings could rise a little, I would not be shocked one bit if it got at least one more season. But like I said, if they wrap it up properly this season it has a solid chance of landing in my top 10 all time.

Last edited by ReppinDaBurghh; 10-03-2011 at 05:26 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #122
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,466 | Props total: 7111 7111
 dtownboy313 said:
what is breaking bad about doe??? heard alot about never watched it doe....
About a high school chemistry teacher who finds out he has cancer and starts cooking crystal meth and distributing it with one of his former students who is a meth head to start the series.

Excellent show.
 6 years ago '07        #123
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,209 | Props total: 15095 15095
 Reppindaburghh said:
What do I watch?

1a.Breaking Bad
1b.Game Of Thrones

3.Justified
4.Fringe

That's my top 4 currently on TV.

The rest in no order,

The Vampire Diaries (No homo)
The Walking Dead
Boardwalk Empire
The k!lling
Strike Back

That's off the top of my head, I know for a fact I'm missing anywhere from like 2-5 shows I watch regularly. Then there's a couple comedies thrown in there like Curb Your Enthusiasm and It's Always Sunny.

My top 5 all time is probably,

1.Battlestar Galactica
2.The Soprano's
3.The Shield
4.Oz

5.Lost

In that order. Although that order changes pretty regularly in that 2-4 range. #1 is locked in and #5 is locked in. Although the show I had the most fun watching and discussing was undoubtedly Lost. Breaking Bad has a solid shot at cracking that top 5 or at least forcing me to make it a top 6 when its all said and done this time next year.

Edit: I also just started watching "Alpha's" and "Terra Nova", but its far to early for me to form an opinion on either.
my man
 6 years ago '04        #124
Monoblock 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,459 | Props total: 1292 1292
Like I said ealier all of these actors look like a bizarro world version of famous/semi famous actors.
He looked like weird combo of Fishburn, Cutty from The Wire, and Bokeem Woodbine.
Bokeem Fishburn's vocab was real colorful though. That sh!t got me researching 20's slang. I swear I wanna hear that sh!t in a song. Goddamn Boo Crow Zip **** Cotty. He was a happy a.ss hater too...That cat was in a great mood with his hate.
That had to be the most gully beat down I've ever seen. He didn't lift a finger, just asked everyone in the room how their family was doing. You could see the wheels turning in Bokeem Fishburn's mind: "Aaaaaaaaw fu*k, who have I been messin with all this time? I'm bout to get fukked up, let me at least get one shot off. Here goes nothing!" He didn't even make it to Ray J status.

I still don't understand what exactly Nucky did to deserve treason from all the people he helped. He's a pretty good boss, and they're all doing GREAT. wtf Something tells me Jimmy's gonna ride for Nucky in the end, he's heir to the throne either way.

Last edited by Monoblock; 10-03-2011 at 06:31 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #125
kyh0mpb 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,011 | Props total: 4 4
This show is great, I was out of the country for the 2nd half of the first season and just finally caught up with it and the last 2 episodes. I could see how other people might think it's slow, but those are the types of people with short attention spans. This show's writing is superb, and the pacing, while slow, is completely appropriate. Boardwalk Empire builds drama, it doesn't force it, which is what a lot of shows nowadays do. The multiple storylines prevent anything from becoming stale. If you appreciate great, subtle writing, organic drama, wonderful acting, and excellent sets and costumes, then you will love this show. If you can only handle 30 min shows with constant action and manufactured, nonsensical drama, then you might not like it.

This show deserved a few more emmys than it got, but how the f*ck did it not win best costume design? I swear, every suit Nucky wears is so fresh, this sh*t got me wishing I lived in the 20's so I could wear a dope suit every day.
 6 years ago '05        #126
ThaNostalgic1 
space
space
$1,474 | Props total: 0 0
Just saw the 1st two episodes this season, man this is going to be an amazing season. Damn near all the chalky scenes so far have been G status. The way dude called all his people in the jail cell's names gave me chills lol

And as people saw this episode, the guys who are betraying Nucky aren't 100% comfy with it (even his brother looked a bit hurt after that phone call), except for the one guy who was in that amusement park meeting telling everyone to suckup to commodore or else.

I thought it was cold Jimmy straight played them two guys who tried to rob him. Werent those two the same who had the meeting with Meyer Lansky?
 6 years ago '10        #127
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,440 | Props total: 2400 2400
 Reppindaburghh said:
It got the shaft when it got moved to Friday nights, but I expect them to give it this entire season to wrap things up. Which is 20 more episodes or so, which is just fine for me if they wrap it up properly. Anna Torv (The main character) is the president of Fox's neice, and this is the role that will pave the way for her future, I SERIOUSLY doubt he'd allow them to cut them short this season, unless the ratings PLUMMET (Which they won't, because while Fringe doesn't have a HUGE audience, the audience it does have is very loyal). And honestly, seeing as last Fridays episode was one of the better episodes of the series, if they keep it up and the ratings could rise a little, I would not be shocked one bit if it got at least one more season. But like I said, if they wrap it up properly this season it has a solid chance of landing in my top 10 all time.
they prob thought fring was going to be the next x-files but it never lived up to it...
 6 years ago '09        #128
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,314 | Props total: 7971 7971
just realized that dude in the room chanting that latin sh*t was Uncle Junior
 6 years ago '04        #129
$tackBundle$ 2 heat pts
space
space
$944 | Props total: 141 141
eli got connected with the Illuminati
 6 years ago '10        #131
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,440 | Props total: 2400 2400
 SM said:
 10-06-2011, 01:02 PM         #132
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

10-06-2011, 04:46 PM         #133
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Former Featherweight World Champion & Atlantic City Crime Boss

By Matt Goldstein

[pic - click to view]

Boardwalk Empire’s Chalky White is the criminal boss of the African American community in Atlantic City. Chalky is loosely based on professional boxer and world champion Albert “Chalky” Wright who also worked for and was great friends with actress Mae West. In Boardwalk Empire, working with Nucky Thompson rather than for him, Chalky rarely let’s a moment go by without letting Nucky and others know his value and power. Played by Michael Kenneth William’s who also played the legendary Omar Little on HBO’s the Wire, Chalky White’s role in the show is expanding in season 2 with illustrating just how powerful Chalky White is. Chalky is the de facto mayor of Atlantic City’s urban poor.

Chalky White Facts & Timeline

Chalky White’s father was lynched, murdered and hung from a tree; a fact that drives Chalky’s mission for recognition, equality and money.

Chalky White is a former boxer from the south with a knockout shot, and most likely made his criminal contacts in the corrupt boxing community controlled by gangsters.

Chalky waters down smuggle liquor for Nucky Thompson and rebottles it 6 times over.

Chalky and his criminal enterprise are under attack and opposing factions use race to marginalize White’s enterprise.

When Chalky doesn’t agree with Nucky’s handling of a KKK leader, Chalky demands more money from Nucky and gets it.

Chalky is a business man, he’s in it for the money.

The real life Chalky White, A.K.A. Albert “Chalky” Wright is considered one of the biggest punchers all time and became featherweight champion of the world in 1941.

In season 2 of Boardwalk Empire, Chalky White will have a much bigger role in the drama, perhaps standing by Nucky as they go to war against The Commodore, Eli Thomson and Jimmy Darmody. How’s about that for a prediction?

6 years ago '04        #134
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,081 | Props total: 4425 4425
 kyh0mpb said:
This show is great, I was out of the country for the 2nd half of the first season and just finally caught up with it and the last 2 episodes. I could see how other people might think it's slow, but those are the types of people with short attention spans. This show's writing is superb, and the pacing, while slow, is completely appropriate. Boardwalk Empire builds drama, it doesn't force it, which is what a lot of shows nowadays do. The multiple storylines prevent anything from becoming stale. If you appreciate great, subtle writing, organic drama, wonderful acting, and excellent sets and costumes, then you will love this show. If you can only handle 30 min shows with constant action and manufactured, nonsensical drama, then you might not like it.

This show deserved a few more emmys than it got, but how the f*ck did it not win best costume design? I swear, every suit Nucky wears is so fresh, this sh*t got me wishing I lived in the 20's so I could wear a dope suit every day.
oh shut the hell up with the short attention span bullsh*t

the characters outside of chalky and nucky are dull they perform there lines like they are partially retarded or brain dead. the actors arent engaging and have zero emotion thats why the show is dull. i dont know maybe the writers dont know how to develop the other characters and thats whats causing the problem

any scenes that take away the focus off of nucky and chalky are absolutely dreadful they just need to completely drop the fbi agent all together

and it looks like they are randomly tyrying to have the irish chicks son turn into some wanna be future serial k!ller just so her character would have something to do other than be dull
 6 years ago '09        #135
WasabiTuna 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,503 | Props total: 7298 7298
 MosDefinition said:
oh shut the hell up with the short attention span bullsh*t

the characters outside of chalky and nucky are dull they perform there lines like they are partially retarded or brain dead. the actors arent engaging and have zero emotion thats why the show is dull. i dont know maybe the writers dont know how to develop the other characters and thats whats causing the problem

any scenes that take away the focus off of nucky and chalky are absolutely dreadful they just need to completely drop the fbi agent all together

and it looks like they are randomly tyrying to have the irish chicks son turn into some wanna be future serial k!ller just so her character would have something to do other than be dull

uhh they perform there lines like they lived in the 1920's.
 6 years ago '04        #136
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,081 | Props total: 4425 4425
 WasabiTuna said:
uhh they perform there lines like they lived in the 1920's.
no they perform there lines as wooden as possible most of the actors on the show are terrible

im fine with a show being slow and methodical mad men is one of my favorite shows ever
 10-06-2011, 09:04 PM         #137
The Lefty  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm bored with Nucky (more of the writing than Buscemi himself).

Chalky, Jimmy, and the visuals are carrying this show.
 10-07-2011, 09:21 AM         #138
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Lefty said:
I'm bored with Nucky (more of the writing than Buscemi himself).

Chalky, Jimmy, and the visuals are carrying this show.
Yeah he is coming off this season as tired-some. Chalky is gonna be a big part of this season as they opened the season with his spot getting busted up by the klan.
 10-07-2011, 02:13 PM         #139
s7venwords  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 6 years ago '08        #140
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,675 | Props total: 2310 2310
 shadydre85 said:
My sentiments exactly.. Looks like it's going the f*ck DOWN this Sunday..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
70 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
191 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
27 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
77 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
24 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
55 comments
23 hours ago