Sep 6 - Fast Food Restuarants Will Be Accepting Foods Stamps

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
89 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
205 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #41
bernadoobie 
space
space
$11,697 | Props total: 555 555
 $tackBundle$ said:
yo on the real I make bout 50 grand a year my girl is low income like 20 grand. We got two kids and aint married. she get like $400 a month on EBT. We eating good over here..Do the math..

What's so funny about confining your girl (and by extension, your kids and future generations) to a life of poverty so that you can benefit from a measly $4,800/year?

Let's say the next 4 years she only gets food stamps, and never exceeds that low-income salary cap. That pretty much amounts to $20,000 that could be invested in a post-secondary degree, which could earn her at LEAST $10k more a year (even entry-level) and would essentially double your previous monthly "food stamp revenue".

How's that for math?
 6 years ago '09        #42
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,660 | Props total: 2777 2777
I am surprised this has not happened by now.
 6 years ago '05        #43
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,451 | Props total: 25144 25144
 JayDawn said:
Damn, I thought it was just subway
Cmon Jay....You From LA Now. You Should of Known That....Even The Hood Spots Like Tams & Master Burger Accept The sh*t.

sh*t I Got The List of Shops That Accept It. Thank God For Homegirls On This sh*t
 6 years ago '06        #44
RAZAH CUTS 5840 heat pts5840
space
space
$54,077 | Props total: 18895 18895
 Fresh Whyte said:
n*ggas Behind Like A Muthafu*ka. Los Angeles Been Doing This For Acouple Years Now Even Longer.

Burger King....Pizza Hut....Subway....KFC...Keep The Hood Eatting Good.
yeah, I was finna say out west, I think they already been doin this w/ the EBT cards... they just swipe the sh*t at the register like it was a visa or mastercard...
 6 years ago '11        #45
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,860 | Props total: 1474 1474
 bernadoobie said:
Interestingly enough, this is closely related to a paper my homeboy recently wrote and sent me to read titled "White Supremacy and the Myth of Integration".

While the subject itself is broad, part of it focuses on the the whole relationship between food and racism. I have always looked at it on the surface, like how McDonalds, Burger King and other fast food joints have all but made their commercials straight up blaxploitation, featuring black people and "rap music" as a means to reach their target audience.

What he brought to my attention, and this recent change in legislation further solidifies, is that the unhealthy diets that plague our communities today (especially low-income, given the cost of fast food vs. organic foods) are a direct result of a diet that was not created with us in mind. Examples he cited were the alarming rate at which people of color are lactose intolerant, whereas the USDA Food Pyramid places dairy products as a staple in a "healthy" diet. What hasn't been considered, and no one might ever tell you is that this is also a direct result of the lobbying of the beef industry, as it serves them well to include all beef and dairy products in this "standard". The same pyramid by which our kids are fed school lunch.

With that in mind, one must consider what the motivation is for this new policy regarding food stamps. I have to give some thought and research this a little more before I make such an extremist claim that this is a way for the "powers that be" to further their agenda towards supporting an American "fast food culture", that directly affects our eating habits, health and quality of life. But so far, that's where I'm leaning.
I rather not to mention the bolded whoever idea that was to start those commercials should have been shot
 6 years ago '08        #46
damion_mob_30 
space
space
$545 | Props total: 2 2
They already are accepting EBT in south central los angeles at Jack in the Box! Have been for some time!
 6 years ago '11        #47
kennyboy0707 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,129 | Props total: 64 64
 JayDawn said:
YES!!!!!!

Burgers for the whole block!

6 years ago '09        #48
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,072 | Props total: 1120 1120
I live in Kentucky

I can buy $100 worth of foodstamps from a crackhead for $50

:dancingcool:
 6 years ago '07        #49
Cartel-Clipz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$29,402 | Props total: 21546 21546
 JayDawn said:
oh and

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #50
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,773 | Props total: 1102 1102
Just when you thought the hoods nutrition was fu*ked up enough..............
 6 years ago '10        #51
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,167 | Props total: 15710 15710
 Fras1788 said:

we gotta do better

6 years ago '05        #52
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,727 | Props total: 2180 2180
damn.... they really trying to k!ll america now..
 6 years ago '10        #53
bernadoobie 
space
space
 McGuire said:
it's about money, not about race. if there was money to be made in giving discounts to organic, local food they would jump on that too. both state governments and proprietary companies benefit off of this, it just happens to be at the expense of the inner city. tough break, but green transcends black and white. not to mention that more white people are using social insurance programs like food stamps than are black people.

and about the whole idea of white supremacy in food, the food pyramid (which was created decades ago and is no longer seen as accurate) was structured to accommodate the VAST majority of the country that was white. your friend probably failed whatever class that was for.
Why isn't there money to be made on giving discounts to organic and local food? Why are companies like Tyson settling government bribery charges to the tune of $5.2 million? Why aren't farmers markets and local growers offered the same subsidization as large food manufacturing corporations?

You don't find farmers markets in inner-city neighborhoods often, but you will always find a KFC. You can't tell me these poor diets aren't marketed to minorities at a much larger rate. Also, how can you argue that the food pyramid was constructed to ACCOMODATE whites, and then say that race is irrelevant? That's why I made reference to the different dietary needs; such as milk. But it's still marketed as "doing a body good", and is served with every school lunch as a staple. Again, the misconception is that supremacy means hate, when in fact it's just relating to a white culture that has long stood to represent American culture. Part of that is demonstrated in the way the foods we consume and have access to are marketed and distributed.

There is a whole separate argument with respect to the number of minorities receiving food stamps and whether or not it's proportionate to whites. Since this is a new policy, we can't yet argue the ramifications of this.

And while I agree that money transcends race, whomever holds the money holds the power. Let's not forget that.
 6 years ago '06        #54
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,696 | Props total: 8656 8656
is this real life

i can't believe this sh*t.

i rather have free health care using EBT card than free fast food
 6 years ago '07        #55
young moolah 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,344 | Props total: 388 388
 McGuire said:
it's about money, not about race. if there was money to be made in giving discounts to organic, local food they would jump on that too. both state governments and proprietary companies benefit off of this, it just happens to be at the expense of the inner city. tough break, but green transcends black and white. not to mention that more white people are using social insurance programs like food stamps than are black people.

and about the whole idea of white supremacy in food, the food pyramid (which was created decades ago and is no longer seen as accurate) was structured to accommodate the VAST majority of the country that was white. your friend probably failed whatever class that was for.
my thoughts exactly when i read that post
 6 years ago '11        #56
AngOmusic93 15 heat pts15
space
space
$3,679 | Props total: 467 467
if yall dont see how wrong this is, youre retarded.

n*ggas cholesterol and blood pressure bout to shoot to record highs. smh

they tryna poison n*ggas.

why not just let them give food stamps to a place with healthy food that helps their nutrition/health instead of deteriorating it?
 6 years ago '10        #57
bernadoobie 
space
space
 young moolah said:
my thoughts exactly when i read that post
Those thoughts were my own, he just planted the seed. Nothing wrong with sharing and exchanging ideas.

I'd venture to say you never even went to college, did you Moolah?
 09-06-2011, 08:50 PM         #58
StayBlazin1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youknowmystelo said:
This is the "change" Obama was talking about?

What a break-through for the inner-city community.

Putting that poison in your system. Just another way to keep the underprivileged down.
exactly
 09-06-2011, 08:50 PM         #59
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AngOmusic93 said:
why not just let them give food stamps to a place with healthy food that helps their nutrition/health instead of deteriorating it?
That's not a smart business move for the people up top. Can't be making people healthy and intelligent.
 6 years ago '05        #60
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,254 | Props total: 9707 9707
 youknowmystelo said:
This is the "change" Obama was talking about?
What a break-through for the inner-city community.

Putting that poison in your system. Just another way to keep the underprivileged down.
has nothing to do with Obama and furthermore, shame on you for thinking food stamps are only an inner-city thing.
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
88 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
57 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
66 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
4 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
189 comments
1 day ago