Sep 6 - Fast Food Restuarants Will Be Accepting Foods Stamps

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
95 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
123 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
94 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
282 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #1
10183 pageviews
150 comments

phantomnation 2093 heat pts2093
space
space
$6,501 | Props total: 18780 18780
Sep 6 - Fast Food Restuarants Will Be Accepting Foods Stamps

[pic - click to view]

"Welcome to Taco Bell, will this be cash, charge or food stamps?"

Just when I thought I'd heard it all, now fast food restaurants want Supplemental Nutrition a.ssistance Program recipients to be eligible to use their food stamp benefit at selected restaurants. Restaurants such as Taco Bell, KFC and Subway believe that there are certain types of SNAP recipients who are homeless or living in conditions that do not allow them hot meals and these people would benefit from being able to use their food benefit at fast food restaurants.

Seriously?

Fresno, Calif., officials are considering legislation that would permit SNAP benefits to be used at fast food restaurants in their area. Arizona, Michigan and other parts of California already allow the practice and Kentucky is currently considering it.

I already object to the many things that can be purchased with SNAP benefits. Junk food, soft drinks, pre-packaged frozen foods and candy are all permitted under current law. This is really a no-brainer. The law should restrict use of those taxpayer-provided funds to the basic staples: meat, starches, bread, milk, vegetables and cheese. Maybe there should be even an allowance for toiletries. But, it's a moral crime to have public aid recipients eating better then the very taxpayers who pay for their benefit and a sad reflection of just how far this sense of entitlement has penetrated into our society.

There have been too many times that I watch someone in front of me at the checkout lane pile steaks, roasts and even lamb chops into their cart and then pay for it with a food stamp card. They're eating better than me, and I work two jobs just to keep my head above water. And, the last time I went grocery shopping, the person even had a birthday cake from the bakery in the cart as well. All paid for with food stamps.

Soon middle class workers will find themselves driving home from work to eat a box of Hamburger Helper because payday is still a week away and the money is gone. Meanwhile, Joe Homeless person is standing in line at KFC waiting for his bucket of original recipe chicken, hot biscuits and two sides. Oh, and he can super size his soft drink too

[pic - click to view]

Source

image image

150 comments for "Sep 6 - Fast Food Restuarants Will Be Accepting Foods Stamps"

6 years ago '10        #2
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
$21,503 | Props total: 9828 9828
YES!!!!!!

Burgers for the whole block!
 6 years ago '04        #3
jlandryst 1545 heat pts1545
space
space
$3,705 | Props total: 10 10
they used to do this a McDonald in the Bronx where i lived. Sit didnt last long when they realized people was using all they stamps to buy McDonalds and not going grocery shopping....lol
 6 years ago '09        #4
K0ntrast 63 heat pts63
space
space
$29,688 | Props total: 13205 13205
The subway up the street used to do that sh*t but someone found out and they got shutdown lol
 6 years ago '10        #5
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
oh and

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #6
Mr_GooD_NeWs 26 heat pts26
space
space
$9,873 | Props total: 286 286
 09-06-2011, 11:28 AM         #7
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this is a personal blog (Yahoo! Contributor Network) with no sources.
 6 years ago '04        #8
Tic Toc 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,173 | Props total: 890 890
 JayDawn said:
YES!!!!!!

Burgers for the whole block!
 JayDawn said:
oh and

[pic - click to view]

youz a foo

but they been doin this out here in L.A....i seen Yoshinoia, Jack in the crak, taco bell, and bunch of those lil fried fish and family restaurants takin them for a while now..kinda defeats the purpose of a supplemental healthy foods a.ssistance program....kinda like using WIC to cookies and doughnuts...just hope people wisen up and see that...Its funny how these black k!ller companies is making money off us
Fast food, colas, sodas equals skull and bone crossers....a yo its all poison
 6 years ago '05        #9
phantomnation 2093 heat pts2093 OP
space
space
$6,501 | Props total: 18780 18780
 S.TEX said:
this is a personal blog (Yahoo! Contributor Network) with no sources.

09-06-2011, 01:07 PM         #10
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is the "change" Obama was talking about?

What a break-through for the inner-city community.

Putting that poison in your system. Just another way to keep the underprivileged down.

Last edited by youknowmystelo; 09-06-2011 at 01:12 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #11
bernadoobie 
space
space
$11,697 | Props total: 555 555
Interestingly enough, this is closely related to a paper my homeboy recently wrote and sent me to read titled "White Supremacy and the Myth of Integration".

While the subject itself is broad, part of it focuses on the the whole relationship between food and racism. I have always looked at it on the surface, like how McDonalds, Burger King and other fast food joints have all but made their commercials straight up blaxploitation, featuring black people and "rap music" as a means to reach their target audience.

What he brought to my attention, and this recent change in legislation further solidifies, is that the unhealthy diets that plague our communities today (especially low-income, given the cost of fast food vs. organic foods) are a direct result of a diet that was not created with us in mind. Examples he cited were the alarming rate at which people of color are lactose intolerant, whereas the USDA Food Pyramid places dairy products as a staple in a "healthy" diet. What hasn't been considered, and no one might ever tell you is that this is also a direct result of the lobbying of the beef industry, as it serves them well to include all beef and dairy products in this "standard". The same pyramid by which our kids are fed school lunch.

With that in mind, one must consider what the motivation is for this new policy regarding food stamps. I have to give some thought and research this a little more before I make such an extremist claim that this is a way for the "powers that be" to further their agenda towards supporting an American "fast food culture", that directly affects our eating habits, health and quality of life. But so far, that's where I'm leaning.
 6 years ago '10        #12
bernadoobie 
space
space
$11,697 | Props total: 555 555
 youknowmystelo said:
This is the "change" Obama was talking about?
What a break-through for the inner-city community.
Putting that poison in your system. Just another way to keep the underprivileged down.
Pretty much.
 6 years ago '06        #13
elmonto 
space
space
$5,413 | Props total: 2 2
this will NEVER happen.
 09-06-2011, 01:26 PM         #14
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bernadoobie said:
Interestingly enough, this is closely related to a paper my homeboy recently wrote and sent me to read titled "White Supremacy and the Myth of Integration".

While the subject itself is broad, part of it focuses on the the whole relationship between food and racism. I have always looked at it on the surface, like how McDonalds, Burger King and other fast food joints have all but made their commercials straight up blaxploitation, featuring black people and "rap music" as a means to reach their target audience.

What he brought to my attention, and this recent change in legislation further solidifies, is that the unhealthy diets that plague our communities today (especially low-income, given the cost of fast food vs. organic foods) are a direct result of a diet that was not created with us in mind. Examples he cited were the alarming rate at which people of color are lactose intolerant, whereas the USDA Food Pyramid places dairy products as a staple in a "healthy" diet. What hasn't been considered, and no one might ever tell you is that this is also a direct result of the lobbying of the beef industry, as it serves them well to include all beef and dairy products in this "standard". The same pyramid by which our kids are fed school lunch.

With that in mind, one must consider what the motivation is for this new policy regarding food stamps. I have to give some thought and research this a little more before I make such an extremist claim that this is a way for the "powers that be" to further their agenda towards supporting an American "fast food culture", that directly affects our eating habits, health and quality of life. But so far, that's where I'm leaning.
Remember those McDs raps. with second thought
 6 years ago '05        #15
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,445 | Props total: 25128 25128
n*ggas Behind Like A Muthafu*ka. Los Angeles Been Doing This For Acouple Years Now Even Longer.

Burger King....Pizza Hut....Subway....KFC...Keep The Hood Eatting Good.
 6 years ago '10        #16
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
 Fresh Whyte said:
n*ggas Behind Like A Muthafu*ka. Los Angeles Been Doing This For Acouple Years Now Even Longer.

Burger King....Pizza Hut....Subway....KFC...Keep The Hood Eatting Good.
Damn, I thought it was just subway
 09-06-2011, 01:44 PM         #17
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 phantomnation said:

? @ the ""

tell dude to add sources next time
 09-06-2011, 01:56 PM         #18
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fras1788 said:
 6 years ago '10        #19
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
 Fras1788 said:
 6 years ago '07        #20
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,414 | Props total: 16136 16136
so Ive done merchant services for AMEX.. they actually make most of their money from merchant discount fee. See Amex is generally a charge card... balance must be paid by end of month so their is no interest. A lot of their card holders got that spending power nah mean. So AMEX figured they would charge 2-5% on card transactions. So they take that from the merchant. Imagine 3% of 100,000 transaction. anyways. I wonder if EBT is charging these same terminal fee's. In such case it would make sense to have those cards being swiped at a fast food place. Obviously the revenue goes up for the chains, but this brings in more discount rate money to EBT. capitalism!!! we love it!
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
98 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy