Sep 5 - Unemployed man with no health insurance dies after minor tooth infection spreads to brain

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
141 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
36 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #101
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 293 293
This touches close to home. I had a tooth infection just 3 weeks ago. The pain was unbearable so I went home, and setup a dentist appointment the next day.

The dentist precribed me an anti-biotic, I then went to Walgreens and had to pay for it myself. The anti-biotic, Pennicillin, was only $15 bucks for a bottle of 48 pills. My infection subsided immediately after taking the meds.

This man couldn't afford $15 bucks. Sounds like the doctors should have done a better job of explaning how serious this was and how cheap the drugs were. I'm sure this man coulda got $20 bucks.....

This is tragic.
 6 years ago '04        #102
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
If this man really couldn't afford the $20 bucks for Anti-Biotics, that's sad as hell......
 6 years ago '04        #103
peto 
space
space
$2,360 | Props total: 16 16
Thats a shame, Obama's not getting re-elected.
 6 years ago '05        #104
FreshToDeath 1 heat pts
space
space
$187 | Props total: 1 1
 Krazy K said:
This...my man couldn't come up with $24?

It's totally understandable that he didn't want to sell the gold chains or earrings he's wearing in the picture to get the $24. He went out like a real gangster. Al Capone died because he got Syphilis and didn't take care of it. This dude was just trying to be like the real scarface.
 09-06-2011, 12:43 PM         #105
UpTownClips 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Canada won....free health care and dental
 6 years ago '04        #106
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
 FreshTodeath said:
It's totally understandable that he didn't want to sell the gold chains or earrings he's wearing in the picture to get the $24. He went out like a real gangster. Al Capone died because he got Syphilis and didn't take care of it. This dude was just trying to be like the real scarface.
Hind sight is 20 20. This is ignorance at it's finest. Of course the man would of sold the chains for the anti biotics if he knew he was going to lose his life. Also, I'm sure the man could have also did less drastic and more plausible things such as borrowed the $20 bucks from relatives. But all of those things would of taken time. It would of taken him some days to sell the gold chains, and also some time to ask relatives for money..

What it comes down to is this man didn't have the MONEY right at that time to buy the anti biotics and went with the cheaper alternative.

I find it hard to believe he didn't have the money in his pocket but hey, some people are really broke. Who knows what this man was going through.

But your stupid ignorant a.ss needs to stop reaching for judgement.

RIP to the man. Just sad and tragic...

But you my friend can go to hell with a c*ck in your mouth.
 6 years ago '05        #107
DaSmoothiest 
space
space
$394 | Props total: 16 16
im moving to canada..
 6 years ago '04        #108
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 Bullseye said:
First of all, GET your wisdom teeth pulled while you are under your parents insurance.

Second of all, go see the dentist 2 times a year or AT LEAST one time a year. If you don't have health insurance, there's are many cheap clinics including dental schools that charge a very cheap rate. Just google them in your area. It's better to pay to get it cleaned and checked up annually rather than end up with some crazy infection like this guy. Then you won't be able to afford the meds to take care of it and could end up like him.
A lot of people don't get their wisdom teeth until late in their lives.

My mom had hers taken out when she was 40.

I had mine taken out when I was 26. I was fresh out of school with close to $150,000 in debt and I had to work my a.ss off to get my teeth taken out. I think it may have been ~$2000 to have 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out.

And I live in Canada.
 6 years ago '04        #109
d0ughb0y 
space
space
$584 | Props total: 0 0
He must had serious problems besides the toothache
 6 years ago '06        #110
elmonto 
space
space
$5,413 | Props total: 2 2
 FreshTodeath said:
for all we know that pic could be old and he sold the chains and sh*t to keep the lights on
 09-06-2011, 05:08 PM         #111
acfeli407 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Blame the damn u.s. for not giving him medicaid this country is bullshi*
 6 years ago '07        #112
LOpacino 
space
space
$798 | Props total: 115 115
Its a damn shame we'll help the poor in other country's before helping our own poor.

I too have to get my wisdoms removed after last month my face grew 3 sizes bigger and my job sent me home i went to the dentist and they said i have to wait for the swelling to go down before i can get them removed but he said i need all 4 removed, i'm like damn all of them yuup so he gave me a prescription which my insurance did cover some antibiotic and ibuprofin 800 and a antibiotic mouthwash after the pain went away and the headaches i looked for a oral surgeon my insurance covers the surgery but it dosn't pay for the anesthesia i got to come out of pocket like $500 to get all of them removed , but the dentist referred me to another dentist and said it all will cover the entire surgery with this dr but it might take you 9 months to get seen , sh*t i could die by then guess he dosn't think its that serious.The only thing he said about me dying was when my mouth was swollen it would eventually burst a pinkish liquid which is poison and i have to spit it out because if i swallow it i could die i was all scared and sh*t and was like what if it burst when i sleep he said sleep face down and you will see it on ur pillow the next day the swelling went down without any pink sh*t tho thankfully

Last edited by LOpacino; 09-06-2011 at 05:49 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #113
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405
 Kontrast0 said:
Free healthcare man we need to somehow f!ght for it.
There's no such thing. That's something a lot of people don't understand about government programs. Just because YOU don't pay for it directly, doesn't mean someone else didn't.

Darkpoet said:
If you really think about it, this poor man shouldn't of even needed insurance to get his tooth taken care of. I'm sure the procedure he needed was easily 600 (probably more), which is a ridiculous price.

We don't need car insurance to get our oil changed, why do we dental/medical insurance for a simple check up? That's what happens when big business dips their hands in the pot. Medicine a fu*king industry...sh*t is sad! Paper money is worth more than a life. I'm disgusted.
The problem isn't simply, "big business". The problem is when big pharmaceuticals and big insurance companies make contracts with government. There's no profit/loss mechanism to ensure companies are providing the best care for the least amount of money since the government essentially has an endless spigot of money to finance it. If a customer has no need to worry about cost (because the bill is paid for by government) where is the incentive for a insurance company to lower prices? Government involvement in healthcare is a big reason why prices have skyrocketed.
In 1965, Medicare was passed as part of the Social Security Act, essentially supplying employer-provided health insurance to all citizens above the age of 65. However, the "employer" in this case was the US government, which does not have the same economic incentives as a business, but rather has political incentives. Elected officials have a strong incentive to promise their elderly constituents an expansion in the range of treatments covered by Medicare, as well as to lower the deductible that Medicare consumers pay out of their own pocket. Both these factors further undermine a consumer's desire to discriminate on cost when seeking medical treatments.

bi0 said:
Universal health was a bad idea again why?

Obama-care doesn't seem like that much of a bad idea! when you figure that health insurance is sky high and most can't afford it...
The article I've posted above discusses how government involvement in healthcare has driven prices through the roof. And before anyone starts praising the Canadian system (or any government ran system for that matter), read this:

Here's a sample:
If a Canadian, for instance, suffers third-degree burns in an automobile crash and is in need of reconstructive plastic surgery, the average waiting time for treatment is more than 19 weeks, or nearly five months. The waiting time for orthopaedic surgery is also almost five months; for neurosurgery it's three full months; and it is even more than a month for heart surgery. Think about that one: if your doctor discovers that your arteries are clogged, you must wait in line for more than a month, with death by heart attack an imminent possibility.
And another:
Canadian price-control-induced shortages also manifest themselves in scarce access to medical technology. Per capita, the United States has eight times more MRI machines, seven times more radiation therapy units for cancer treatment, six times more lithotripsy units, and three times more open-heart surgery units. There are more MRI scanners in Washington state, population five million, than in all of Canada, with a population of more than 30 million
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
163 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
57 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
46 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy