Sep 5 - Unemployed man with no health insurance dies after minor tooth infection spreads to brain

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
17 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
68 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
75 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #61
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,095 | Props total: 30463 30463
 Darkpoet said:

My argument was about prices, which is why the second part of my quote talked about how ridiculous prices are....He shouldn't have to pay 400 for a tooth to be removed without insurance. There should be market competition.
Well it's that price regardless of if he has insurance or not... it's just a question of who pays it up front.

My insurance covers 100% of dental expense but.... I have to pay if first and then get reimbursed. When i had my wisdoms removed, i had to have $2300+ up front... it took about 3 weeks to get the money back.

It has to be that expensive because all the medical equipment, schooling, building lease, etc, etc, etc have to get paid somehow. Unless there is a deflation of all goods and services that creates a decrease in cost of living, these specialized services will have to be that expensive.

... it's not the prices that i find alarming, it's the lack of coverage. Everyone should have insurance, no ifs, ands, or buts. $400 for a tooth? No problem, you are covered. $10,000 for a tooth, no problem... you are covered.
 6 years ago '07        #62
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 aKtIvItY! said:
no, dental care is free at a hospital. he would have been treated and lived.
Again, he wasn't deemed to be dying at the time he went to the ER. They treated it like it was minor with a potential to get worse.... instead of a dangerous problem that needed to be resolved immediately.
 6 years ago '04        #63
Adwerdz 320 heat pts320
space
space
$32,792 | Props total: 23518 23518
 nasty Nate said:
Reading this story is encouraging me to go to a cheap dental clinic to get all of my wisdom teeth removed
why remove it if it isn't bothering you or doesn't have cavity's???
 6 years ago '05        #64
aKtIvItY! 
space
space
$1,031 | Props total: 0 0
 stogz said:
Again, he wasn't deemed to be dying at the time he went to the ER. They treated it like it was minor with a potential to get worse.... instead of a dangerous problem that needed to be resolved immediately.
It doesnt matter if he was dying or not they would have removed the tooth if it was infected or if he was experiencing any pain. Or worst case scenario, he would have been on welfare and gotten free emergency dental care any ways.
 6 years ago '07        #65
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,209 | Props total: 15095 15095
 stogz said:
the nerves in your teeth are connected to everything. You could wait to long to have ur wisdoms removed, and by the time you ready to pull them out... the procedure can cause prolonged paralysis in your face. You tooth can rot, and then the toxins in your rotting tooth can spread and k!ll you. The wisdom might just grow forward into your other teeth and push all ur teeth together.... endless bad sh*t can happen man.

I had 5, yes FIVE wisdom teeth removed. I was told to do it way back in 1995... i waited until 2008. They were worried about paralysis but, it was fine. I was fuk'd for about 8 days though.
forreal

waited too long to get my wisdom teeth pulled and the decay spread to my 12 year molar, and had to get that pulled too. I was pissed, but then again I couldn't be because I waited too long to get the sh*t taken care of.

RIP to homie though, sh*tty way to go out.
 6 years ago '07        #66
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 aKtIvItY! said:
It doesnt matter if he was dying or not they would have removed the tooth if it was infected or if he was experiencing any pain. Or worst case scenario, he would have been on welfare and gotten free emergency dental care any ways.
Again, you are operating under the a.ssumption that he needed immediate extraction.

Going by the story, dude taking the pain k!llers of the antibiotics... that tells me that they deemed he didn't need immediate extraction.

In Canada, if it could be treated without being removed, then they would have just treated it. That's what the entire course of action depends on.
 6 years ago '07        #67
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 KeepinItTrill said:
forreal

waited too long to get my wisdom teeth pulled and the decay spread to my 12 year molar, and had to get that pulled too. I was pissed, but then again I couldn't be because I waited too long to get the sh*t taken care of.

RIP to homie though, sh*tty way to go out.

See my story goes like this... (long story short)

My friend had wisdom problem back in 1995. He was swollen and had to get 2 wisdoms out. I made fun of him. 2 weeks later my teeth were hurting. Went to the doc, he gave me antibiotics told me to go to the dentist. Dentist said my wisdoms were growing in and that he could schedule to have them removed. i was gonna do it... until they started talking about me needing a blood test for the purposes of the anesthetic and putting me under and all this other stuff. So I said i didn't want to get surgery and he said fine.

Fast forward to 2008, i go to the dentist and my wisdoms are completely lying horizontal... that's what the x-ray showed (which was waaaay different than the x-ray in 1995). Anyway, sh*t looked bad... 5 wisdoms now instead of 4, there was a problem with the nerves as well.... they were tangled or something. It was at this time that i was told i NEEDED the surgery.

In 1995, i was covered 100% because i was under 26 and my parents had in insurance. When i actually got the surgery i was covered 100% through my work. that's what i mean everyone should be covered tho.... if you are a kid, or in school, or working full-time... you should be covered. At full employment, which should be around a 3.5% unemployment rate.... only those 3.5-4% of the population should need use an emergency gov't a.ssistance program.

Last edited by stogz; 09-05-2011 at 11:03 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #68
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
So no ones gonna talk abuot how he didnt get the antibiotics? The only thing he really needed.
 6 years ago '05        #69
aKtIvItY! 
space
space
$1,031 | Props total: 0 0
 stogz said:
Again, you are operating under the a.ssumption that he needed immediate extraction.

Going by the story, dude taking the pain k!llers of the antibiotics... that tells me that they deemed he didn't need immediate extraction.

In Canada, if it could be treated without being removed, then they would have just treated it. That's what the entire course of action depends on.
no, they would removed the tooth. i had my wisdom teeth removed at a hospital here because i couldnt afford a dentist. a wisdom tooth is not going to get any better, so they pull them. if he was in enough pain to go to the hospital, they were bad enough to need extraction.
 6 years ago '09        #70
Teddy Loc 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,062 | Props total: 164 164
R.I.P. to the dued.....Sad Story!! :(
 09-06-2011, 12:49 AM         #71
Krazy K 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bootsy didn't give his nephew money for some drugs and surgery

at our health care. I thought the bill got passed Mr. Obama

Fameus said:
Kyle Willis, who was unemployed and did not have medical insurance, purchased $3 pain medication instead of the $27 antibiotics because he couldn't afford it.

Now does that make sense to you ? Its a sad story but come on i could wash my neighbors cars and make 27 dollars . As black men we take a corrective approach to health care instead of a preventative approach .
This...my man couldn't come up with $24?

Last edited by Krazy K; 09-06-2011 at 01:17 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #72
AirForce318 
space
space
$12,402 | Props total: 677 677
we can't have healthcare with the top 1% of income getting tax cuts... how in the hell does that work? the man bringing in millions pays a fraction of what he makes in a year where your average joe pays almost a third of what he makes if not more? this is like cutting your legs off so you can get money to buy shoes...

RIP to the man... the surgery for that man could have been an easy tax write off for the dentist or whoever... Now a 6 y/o has no father...
 6 years ago '05        #73
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,908 | Props total: 21064 21064
I had a gum infection of some sort when I was a kid, and was told that it's good I came in because it seemed to be spreading to my brain.

sh*t's not a joke, R.I.P. to dude.
 6 years ago '05        #74
bi0 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,596 | Props total: 1153 1153
Universal health was a bad idea again why?

Obama-care doesn't seem like that much of a bad idea! when you figure that health insurance is sky high and most can't afford it...
 6 years ago '08        #75
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,318 | Props total: 13697 13697
Some of my wisdom r out already some aren't when i got my tootache in them it hurt like sh*t and i got them removed after a few days rip to dude tho
 6 years ago '06        #76
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0
damn sad story....
 09-06-2011, 03:51 AM         #77
onepiecex3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That's just sad... R.I.P my n*gga.
 09-06-2011, 04:00 AM         #78
5knuckleshuffle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
R.I.P.
 6 years ago '05        #79
HARBINGER|M 448 heat pts448
space
space
$48,308 | Props total: 6442 6442
people wont start doing somthing about it till its you.. then its too late, right..
 6 years ago '08        #80
Jeans&Sneakers 158 heat pts158
space
space
$4,355 | Props total: 1167 1167
 Sammyboi22 said:
So no ones gonna talk abuot how he didnt get the antibiotics? The only thing he really needed.
yeah
i had a toothache before, worst pain i ever felt. went to the dentist asap because i couldn't even sleep the pain was so bad
Dentist gave me amoxicillin and in a few days it was gone.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
74 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
84 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
88 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy